Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

BREAKING: Soldiers Deployed To Abuja Over #ENDSARS Protests - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Soldiers Deployed To Abuja Over #ENDSARS Protests (1471 Views)

Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash / Female Soldiers Deployed To Anambra To Restore Normalcy. / #endsars: Soldiers Deployed To Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Soldiers Deployed To Abuja Over #ENDSARS Protests by SamuelOamen: 11:34am On Oct 19, 2020
Soldiers have been deployed to the streets of Abuja to arrest the escalating #ENDSARS protests.

The protests in Abuja have in some cases have got out of hand with suspected hoodlums attacking protesters as well as pro-SARS groups.

The situation has often led to clashes that leave several persons injured with vehicles and other property damaged.

There have been reports that a protester, who was stabbed by one of such hoodlums, died in a hospital.

Around the popular AYA Roundabout where the protesters had planned to block on Monday, armed soldiers were seen patrolling to ensure flow of traffic.

They mounted barricades as they tried to manage the situation.

There were reports of similar scenarios in other parts of the city as the protesters divide themselves into groups and operate from various locations.

The Nigerian Army recently announced ‘Operation Crocodile Smile’ will kick off from October 20 to December 31.

Though the Army Spokesperson Col Musa Sagir has said the exercise has no relationship with any lawful protest under any guise whatsoever, many have insinuated it was meant to break the protests.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-soldiers-deployed-to-abuja-over-endsars-protests/

Re: BREAKING: Soldiers Deployed To Abuja Over #ENDSARS Protests by AloneTK: 11:36am On Oct 19, 2020
Getting there
Re: BREAKING: Soldiers Deployed To Abuja Over #ENDSARS Protests by 2by40ft: 11:37am On Oct 19, 2020
We
Re: BREAKING: Soldiers Deployed To Abuja Over #ENDSARS Protests by slivertongue: 11:38am On Oct 19, 2020
time to take a break
Re: BREAKING: Soldiers Deployed To Abuja Over #ENDSARS Protests by DaddyRochie1642: 11:40am On Oct 19, 2020
I have always loved "Discipline",... Deploy those Soldiers let Discipline be Restored.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Soldiers Deployed To Abuja Over #ENDSARS Protests by Redcrafton: 11:42am On Oct 19, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
I have always loved "Discipline",... Deploy those Soldiers let Discipline be Restored.

But you also love discipline of looting, nepotism and injustice...or there will be no protest in the first place.

You thieves in government will always support looting with roads, schools, hospitals in shambles while you steal as if there is no tomorrow.

Can you image someone stealing more than $1billion and nothing is done by the government?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Soldiers Deployed To Abuja Over #ENDSARS Protests by arnoldexpert(m): 11:42am On Oct 19, 2020
OK.
Re: BREAKING: Soldiers Deployed To Abuja Over #ENDSARS Protests by Godfullsam(m): 11:43am On Oct 19, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:

They should go and restore discipline in sambisa forest.

Lots of indiscipline in that place

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Soldiers Deployed To Abuja Over #ENDSARS Protests by seborrhic: 11:43am On Oct 19, 2020
Thought that snake charmer lied the operation crocodile smile is not targetted at EndSARS protesters?
If I were the government I would even be more concerned that soldiers are on the streets because this is the one that could be used to overthrow the government or cause a civilian insurrection if they start using high handed tactics on protesters.
They should tell them to return to the barracks because on both sides,it's a lose lose for the government
Re: BREAKING: Soldiers Deployed To Abuja Over #ENDSARS Protests by UncleHaba22: 11:44am On Oct 19, 2020
They won't see sambisa to depoly them to na to deploy them to come beat civilians that are fighting for their rights the sabi

#endsars
We move

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Soldiers Deployed To Abuja Over #ENDSARS Protests by Maxymilliano(m): 11:44am On Oct 19, 2020
At the age of 6, I already knew that I was in the wrong country when I learnt that the national pledge ended with 'So help me God' ...

#EndSARS

Copied.

Re: BREAKING: Soldiers Deployed To Abuja Over #ENDSARS Protests by Racoon(m): 11:46am On Oct 19, 2020
The army should move over to BH enclaves in the NE, Bandits dens in the NW and Fulani in the NC.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Soldiers Deployed To Abuja Over #ENDSARS Protests by Mathantics: 11:58am On Oct 19, 2020
Soldiers?

Re: BREAKING: Soldiers Deployed To Abuja Over #ENDSARS Protests by CodeTemplar: 12:09pm On Oct 19, 2020
Finally the hoodlums have found a way to successfully infiltrate the protest and perpetrate violence to help their senders justify the next course of actions.
Re: BREAKING: Soldiers Deployed To Abuja Over #ENDSARS Protests by tit(f): 12:12pm On Oct 19, 2020
Nigeria army is a scam.
dont fall for it.

Musiwa!!!
Release the information!!!
Re: BREAKING: Soldiers Deployed To Abuja Over #ENDSARS Protests by Mynd44: 12:21pm On Oct 19, 2020

(1)

IPOB OPTS FOR RESTRUCTURING, SENDS MEMORANDUM TO NASS – VANGUARD / Fulanis Are Not Native To The North / Consider An Igbo Man To Replace Late COAS, Attahiru - Reno Omokri Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.