Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Help. My Experience With Usa Travelling Process - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help. My Experience With Usa Travelling Process (1088 Views)

Passenger Ties Goat Along With Luggage On Top Of A Bus While Travelling (Photos) / 5 Passengers Burnt To Death After Bus Catches Fire While Travelling To Rivers / Young Lady Dies After Being Crushed In A Fatal Accident While Travelling. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help. My Experience With Usa Travelling Process by Funmai(f): 4:08pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hi guys, it all started last year when i came across what look like a dream come true. I've always wanted to go to the United States by any legal means. So I decided to go through student visa by writing the Scholartic Aptitude Test (SAT). So I started making plans, saving money because I was the one who got me no help from anyone. Finally I got my passport, started classes which is 50k per month and I have classes only two days in a week apparently 8days in a month. I was scheduled to write my exam May but due to covid 19 I couldn't and it was postponed to October. I have to take another class again, this time around I took IELTS class also because my mentor said I should.. i spent close to 200k on classes alone all by myself with God's help tho
So I registered for my October SAT with Essay for 75k. I was going to class and going to work and I will still wake up at night to read. I really worked hard for it, I put my blood and sweat in this because it Is my dream to go to America. My go-to score was 1400 because with that I can gain scholarship but those dreams seems to be shattered. Today I checked my result and I have the worst score ever (970/1600) no college can accept that. Resources, two years of hard work, the stress, the sleepless nights all seems wasted. I called my mentor he said he was going to call me back and he hasn't get back to me since then because he is the type who won't give you all the information you needed at once. He does his thing step by step which really doesn't go well with me and I'm anxious I don't know what to do
Is this how to do the processing?
Please help!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help. My Experience With Usa Travelling Process by Badbunny: 4:22pm On Oct 19, 2020

5 Likes

Re: Help. My Experience With Usa Travelling Process by Brawlscartel(m): 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2020
Funmai:
Hi guys, it all started last year when i came across what look like a dream come true. I've always wanted to go to the United States by any legal means. So I decided to go through student visa by writing the Scholartic Aptitude Test (SAT). So I started making plans, saving money because I was the one who got me no help from anyone. Finally I got my passport, started classes which is 50k per month and I have classes only two days in a week apparently 8days in a month. I was scheduled to write my exam May but due to covid 19 I couldn't and it was postponed to October. I have to take another class again, this time around I took IELTS class also because my mentor said I should.. i spent close to 200k on classes alone all by myself with God's help tho
So I registered for my October SAT with Essay for 75k. I was going to class and going to work and I will still wake up at night to read. I really worked hard for it, I put my blood and sweat in this because it Is my dream to go to America. My go-to score was 1400 because with that I can gain scholarship but those dreams seems to be shattered. Today I checked my result and I have the worst score ever (970/1600) no college can accept that. Resources, two years of hard work, the stress, the sleepless nights all seems wasted. I called my mentor he said he was going to call me back and he hasn't get back to me since then because he is the type who won't give you all the information you needed at once. He does his thing step by step which really doesn't go well with me and I'm anxious I don't know what to do
Is this how to do the processing?
Please help!!!!

Wahala for who wan go usa

There are other cheap europe country you can go

Forget usa for now go to europe during holiday you can apply for J1 visa to usa for job after holiday you come back to ur europe country that will boast ur cv

4 Likes

Re: Help. My Experience With Usa Travelling Process by Mizfabulous18(f): 6:25pm On Oct 19, 2020
Brawlscartel:

Wahala for who wan go usa

There are other cheap europe country you can go

Forget usa for now go to europe during holiday you can apply for J1 visa to usa for job after holiday you come back to ur europe country that will boast ur cv
cheap Europe countries like which and which
Re: Help. My Experience With Usa Travelling Process by Funmai(f): 6:51pm On Oct 19, 2020
If there's anyway else I can go about it
Or if you know anyone that knows much about it kindly share the contact pls
Re: Help. My Experience With Usa Travelling Process by Focusmind: 7:01pm On Oct 19, 2020
People always under estimate SAT. To get admitted into ivy league schools, nothing less than 1580. Please focus on other things in Nigeria. I know you are demoralised but seek for other means of travelling out. Or better still, channel your resources and money to other productive businesses in Nigeria

Those on canada PR will tell you how much they have spent on various IELTS and verification. If you don't have the money, please don't stress it or else you would be depressed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help. My Experience With Usa Travelling Process by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2020
How can you have that score? You didn't really prepare well for those exams men. SAT is an aptitude test. The way you prepare and write isn't the same way you do wassce.

3 Likes

Re: Help. My Experience With Usa Travelling Process by Mustiboy(m): 8:17pm On Oct 19, 2020
Jesus!

To begin with, paying someone as much as 50k for four consecutive months just for SAT preparation lessons is the height of extortion. That's like 200k as you said.
The materials and everything you need to prepare for an SAT exam can be found even here on nairaland.

You don't need to pay anyone to get anything done; your supposed mentor is only extorting you — to be honest.

That aside, getting a student visa through scholarship is a trial affair; nothing is guaranteed, and you're gonna end up spending a lot of money for these exams, in which case you might fall into depression if things don't go as expected.

I'll urge you to explore other options; scholarship is so out of it. You have to be extraordinary brilliant and prepared to get anything substantial.

If you're so keen on travelling abroad, try other countries like Canada, Denmark, or Poland.
Mind you, you're gonna need money. These things are not something you do with "I'm managing"; you have to have enough money so that you don't get stranded.

I checked your profile and discerned that you're a new member on nairaland. Why don't you explore this section and see what others are doing to secure their Visa?
There are threads for studentship visa in USA, Canada, UK, and a host of other countries here on nairaland. Please check them out, and, again, you're gonna need enough money to do anything at all.

Budget no less than 2.5m. Don't let anyone deceive you that you can travel abroad with a paltry sum. If you have the money and are willing to research, you can run everything yourself and won't need any mentor or agent to get things done. Every information you need is here on nairaland.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help. My Experience With Usa Travelling Process by Brawlscartel(m): 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2020
Mizfabulous18:
cheap Europe countries like which and which
Eastern Europe
Re: Help. My Experience With Usa Travelling Process by yemiosinbajo: 4:46am On Oct 20, 2020
Dont pay anyone to tutor you for SAT. Just go to Khan academy and make sure you finish the entire diagnostic tests there. You'll clearly know your score range before taking the actual exam.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help. My Experience With Usa Travelling Process by TOMSY(f): 8:38am On Oct 20, 2020
yemiosinbajo:
Dont pay anyone to tutor you for SAT. Just go to Khan academy and make sure you finish the entire diagnostic tests there. You'll clearly know your score range before taking the actual exam.
Re: Help. My Experience With Usa Travelling Process by Aquilapriscilla: 10:49pm On Oct 31, 2020
Hi I sent you an email
Re: Help. My Experience With Usa Travelling Process by TheCongo2: 11:39pm On Oct 31, 2020
Focusmind:
People always under estimate SAT. To get admitted into ivy league schools, nothing less than 1580. Please focus on other things in Nigeria. I know you are demoralised but seek for other means of travelling out. Or better still, channel your resources and money to other productive businesses in Nigeria

Those on canada PR will tell you how much they have spent on various IELTS and verification. If you don't have the money, please don't stress it or else you would be depressed

Seriously!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Which Country In Europe Can I Travel To With Budget Of 3.5m? / Lady Disqualified From A Room For Texting The Owner At 5am / Canada Announces 9 In-demand Jobs|canadian Immigrants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.