Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,283 members, 7,829,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Street Market Palava! Please Help! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Street Market Palava! Please Help! (869 Views)

Family Palava, Is She Right In Filing For A Divorce or Wrong? (Photo) / DNA Test Palava (What Do I Do?) / Marriage Palava part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Street Market Palava! Please Help! by Flolovtri(f): 4:24pm On Oct 19, 2020
Good afternoon everyone

I just hope you'll will understand this issue and advise me properly because I don tire

My mum does not talk or hear. She owns a small shop where she sells biscuits,soap,sweets. Now there's an Igbo woman opposite her who sells food stuffs but recently started selling most of the things my mum sells. Sincerely I have no problem with it because my mum is also a civil servant so if my mum is not around the woman can sell,i no fit talk say make she no sell because my mama dey sell

But my mum was upset because there are some things my mum won't sell if her neighbor sells it too but I had to explain to her to just leave the matter.

Now,my mum did a mistake,when most of her customer comes to make hair(yes,my mum is an hairdresser too) she'd start telling them that eh,the other woman is selling what she's selling,my mum will tell her customers out of trust not knowing that some of them will go back to the other woman and tell her what my mum said(it's disheartening really)

Sometimes people who use to buy things from us will suddenly stop especially the small children because it's easy for her to manipulate them, when they buy from she'll tell them to hid it from my mum and I don't know why because my mum won't do anything even if you don't buy from her and telling them to hid what they bought from her will look somehow,like my mum will beat them

I don't know what this other woman tell to other people that'll make them stop buying from my mum. I'm not trying to paint my mum all good me too I've told her that telling other people that the other woman sells what she's selling will only give growth to gossips

I've told my mum,what is yours won't pass you by,don't just gossip about anybody. All those neighbor that'll come to ask you what's going on just want something to gossip about,them no go solve your problem.

Advise because I have nothing against the other woman I just hate the fact that she tells people things that are not true.
Re: Street Market Palava! Please Help! by armyofone(m): 8:37pm On Oct 19, 2020
Let her focus on making beautiful hair styles for her clients - help her advertise for customers and forget about petty competition selling sweets/candies.

2 Likes

Re: Street Market Palava! Please Help! by Flolovtri(f): 6:41am On Oct 20, 2020
armyofone:
Let her focus on making beautiful hair styles for her clients - help her advertise for customers and forget about petty competition selling sweets/candies.

It's street so the hairdressing business is not that booming that's why she sells provisions

1 Like

Re: Street Market Palava! Please Help! by Flolovtri(f): 6:41am On Oct 20, 2020
armyofone:

Thank you though

1 Like

Re: Street Market Palava! Please Help! by frozen70(f): 9:41am On Oct 20, 2020
Flolovtri:
Good afternoon everyone

I just hope you'll will understand this issue and advise me properly because I don tire

My mum does not talk or hear. She owns a small shop where she sells biscuits,soap,sweets. Now there's an Igbo woman opposite her who sells food stuffs but recently started selling most of the things my mum sells. Sincerely I have no problem with it because my mum is also a civil servant so if my mum is not around the woman can sell,i no fit talk say make she no sell because my mama dey sell

But my mum was upset because there are some things my mum won't sell if her neighbor sells it too but I had to explain to her to just leave the matter.

Now,my mum did a mistake,when most of her customer comes to make hair(yes,my mum is an hairdresser too) she'd start telling them that eh,the other woman is selling what she's selling,my mum will tell her customers out of trust not knowing that some of them will go back to the other woman and tell her what my mum said(it's disheartening really)

Sometimes people who use to buy things from us will suddenly stop especially the small children because it's easy for her to manipulate them, when they buy from she'll tell them to hid it from my mum and I don't know why because my mum won't do anything even if you don't buy from her and telling them to hid what they bought from her will look somehow,like my mum will beat them

I don't know what this other woman tell to other people that'll make them stop buying from my mum. I'm not trying to paint my mum all good me too I've told her that telling other people that the other woman sells what she's selling will only give growth to gossips

I've told my mum,what is yours won't pass you by,don't just gossip about anybody. All those neighbor that'll come to ask you what's going on just want something to gossip about,them no go solve your problem.

Advise because I have nothing against the other woman I just hate the fact that she tells people things that are not true.

Pls clarify this statement where you say your mum does not talk or hear in the first paragraph

Teach your mum how to mind her business and stop any side talk if not she will ruin her business herself because some one is already competing with her

Women have always been their own enemies

1 Like

Re: Street Market Palava! Please Help! by NoToPile: 10:17am On Oct 20, 2020
She should Ignore the other woman joor and stock up her shop more, also she should stop telling people the woman is selling what she sells( its true she is but she should stop talking about it)

That's how street selling can be sometimes, if its in the market where they are all on the same line its a different ballgame entirely.
Re: Street Market Palava! Please Help! by Flolovtri(f): 10:21am On Oct 20, 2020
frozen70:

Pls clarify this statement where you say your mum does not talk or hear in the first paragraph

Teach your mum how to mind her business and stop any side talk if not she will ruin her business herself because some one is already competing with her

Women have always been their own enemies
She's deaf

I've told her that already
Re: Street Market Palava! Please Help! by Flolovtri(f): 10:22am On Oct 20, 2020
NoToPile:
She should Ignore the other woman joor and stock up her shop more, also she should stop telling people the woman is selling what she sells( its true she is but she should stop talking about it)

That's how street selling can be sometimes, if its in the market where they are all on the same line its a different ballgame entirely.
Thank you,that's what I'd tell her

Asin,street market ehn,things like this don't happen in general markets
Re: Street Market Palava! Please Help! by frozen70(f): 11:19am On Oct 20, 2020
Flolovtri:
She's deaf

I've told her that already

Don't worry, she will take to your corrections with time
Re: Street Market Palava! Please Help! by Flolovtri(f): 11:42am On Oct 20, 2020
frozen70:

Don't worry, she will take to your corrections with time
thank you
Re: Street Market Palava! Please Help! by anthonyuncle(m): 5:41am On Oct 22, 2020
am still trying to understand how ur mum that does not talk or hear is telling people about da other woman
Re: Street Market Palava! Please Help! by Flolovtri(f): 7:14am On Oct 22, 2020
anthonyuncle:
am still trying to understand how ur mum that does not talk or hear is telling people about da other woman
there's a way people communicate especially people who has known her for awhile
Re: Street Market Palava! Please Help! by ABOVEDELAW: 12:29pm On Oct 22, 2020
TELL HER TO DIVERSIFY TO OTHER ITEMS WHICH THE WOMAN IS NOT SELLING.
Re: Street Market Palava! Please Help! by Flolovtri(f): 12:33pm On Oct 22, 2020
ABOVEDELAW:
TELL HER TO DIVERSIFY TO OTHER ITEMS WHICH THE WOMAN IS NOT SELLING.
thank you very much

That's what she's planning on doing,buy you know you should only sell things that's in demand if not it'll waste

And what if the other woman copies her again

1 Like

Re: Street Market Palava! Please Help! by ABOVEDELAW: 12:43pm On Oct 22, 2020
THEN THE WOMAN IS LOOKING FOR TROUBLE AND SHE WILL SEE IT,
Flolovtri:
thank you very much

That's what she's planning on doing,buy you know you should only sell things that's in demand if not it'll waste

And what if the other woman copies her again
Re: Street Market Palava! Please Help! by Flolovtri(f): 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2020
ABOVEDELAW:
THEN THE WOMAN IS LOOKING FOR TROUBLE AND SHE WILL SEE IT,
God will help us

Thanks
Re: Street Market Palava! Please Help! by anthonyuncle(m): 3:59am On Oct 23, 2020
Flolovtri:
there's a way people communicate especially people who has known her for awhile

wow!

plz tell ur mum to neglect that woman and focus on her business.

tell her to also know that her customers are not (& must not be) her friends

1 Like

Re: Street Market Palava! Please Help! by Flolovtri(f): 7:13am On Oct 23, 2020
anthonyuncle:

wow!

plz tell ur mum to neglect that woman and focus on her business.

tell her to also know that her customers are not (& must not be) her friends
thank you

But I thought it's healthy to build a relationship with your customers?
Re: Street Market Palava! Please Help! by anthonyuncle(m): 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2020
Flolovtri:
thank you

But I thought it's healthy to build a relationship with your customers?

it's good to build relationships with one's customers but dz her customers ain't loyal to her

1 Like

Re: Street Market Palava! Please Help! by Flolovtri(f): 7:55am On Oct 24, 2020
anthonyuncle:

it's good to build relationships with one's customers but dz her customers ain't loyal to her
true

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Men’s Clothings : Affordable Prices, Good Quality (cottny) / My Mum Hates Me / See What Two Teens Girls Did In 1966. It Is Parental Or Society's fault

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.