Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,944 members, 7,821,308 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

No Better Than The Atheists. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Better Than The Atheists. (1444 Views)

The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE / Don't Be Deceived By The Atheists And Other Agents Of Satan. Please Read... / Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Better Than The Atheists. by TheElated177: 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2020
You are no better than the atheists if you claim to believe in Yahushua the Messiah and have no regard for his Commandments --- do not obey him.
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by elated177: 7:57pm On Oct 19, 2020
Jeremiah 3:11
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 8:34pm On Oct 19, 2020
TheElated177:
You are no better than the atheists if you claim to believe in Yahushua the Messiah and have no regard for his Commandments --- do not obey him.

Correction! You are worse off than the atheists because the atheists do not have eternal life since they do not believe in Jesus Christ. While the end for the atheist is the grave,it is not so for those who say they believe. Those who believe but do not obey will spend their gift of eternal life in hell, and this is according to Jesus Christ Himself.

1 Like

Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by TheElated177: 8:24pm On Oct 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Correction! You are worse off than the atheists because the atheists do not have eternal life since they do not believe in Jesus Christ. While the end for the atheist is the grave,it is not so for those who say they believe. Those who believe but do not obey will spend their gift of eternal life in hell, and this is according to Jesus Christ Himself.

Where is this in the Scripture?
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2020
TheElated177:
Where is this in the Scripture?
Did you not read what Jesus Christ Himself said, and repeated several times in many of His parables? Here's a good one for you

YOU MUST BE READY

Luke 12 vs 35-48 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
35. “Stay dressed for action[f] and keep your lamps burning,
36. and be like men who are waiting for their master to come home from the wedding feast, so that they may open the door to him at once when he comes and knocks.
37. Blessed are those servants[g] whom the master finds awake when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at table, and he will come and serve them.
38. If he comes in the second watch, or in the third, and finds them awake, blessed are those servants!
39. But know this, that if the master of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he[h] would not have left his house to be broken into.
40. You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”

41. Peter said, “Lord, are you telling this parable for us or for all?”
42. And the Lord said, “Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom his master will set over his household, to give them their portion of food at the proper time?
43. Blessed is that servant[i] whom his master will find so doing when he comes.
44. Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions.
45. But if that servant says to himself, ‘My master is delayed in coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and get drunk,
46. the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces and put him with the unfaithful.
47. And that servant who knew his master's will but did not get ready or act according to his will, will receive a severe beating.
48. But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating. Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.

1 Like

Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by TheElated177: 9:44pm On Oct 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:
While the end for the atheist is the grave,

The Scripture you quoted has nothing to do with what you stated above. Mention where you got your assertion above from.
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Oct 21, 2020
TheElated177:
The Scripture you quoted has nothing to do with you stated above. Mention the where you got your assertion above from.
What particular assertion do you refer to? My assertion that the fate of an atheist(unbeliever) is better than that of a Christian who lives in disobedience to the commandments of Jesus Christ(a sinner) since such a person is to end up in Hell for eternity?
That assertion? undecided

Anyways, about the end of the atheist being the grave, it is found even in the Gospel of John

John 3 vs 16-21 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16. “For God so loved the world,[i] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
18. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
19. And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
20. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.
21. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
Jesus Christ came to save man, but from what? He came to save man from the condemnation of sin that is death. Those who believe in Him, according to the passage above, will not die(perish) but have eternal life. Those who do not believe in Him remained condemned to die, following God's original pronouncement that all those who sin must die.

1 Like

Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by TheElated177: 10:14am On Oct 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What particular assertion do you refer to? My assertion that the fate of an atheist(unbeliever) is better than that of a Christian who lives in disobedience to the commandments of Jesus Christ(a sinner) since such a person is to end up in Hell for eternity?
That assertion? undecided

Anyways, about the end of the atheist being the grave, it is found even in the Gospel of John

Jesus Christ came to save man, but from what? He came to save man from the condemnation of sin that is death. Those who believe in Him, according to the passage above, will not die(perish) but have eternal life. Those who do not believe in Him remained condemned to die, following God's original pronouncement that all those who sin must die.

This assertion:

Kobojunkie:
While the end for the atheist is the grave,

You are just confusing yourself.

You continue to quote Scriptures that have nothing to do with your assertion.
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 10:21am On Oct 22, 2020
TheElated177:
This assertion:
You are just confusing yourself.
You continue to quote Scriptures that have nothing to do with your assertion.
LOL.... I continue to quote scriptures that have nothing to do with my assertion? And yet you believe you are not the confused one here at all, do you?

Let me help you with your thinking there then. What does John 3 tell you about those who believe? They are saved(Salvation) from the condemnation of sin i.e. they will not perish but have eternal life. What does that mean then for those who do not believe? Those who do not believe remain condemned to perish without eternal life.

Now ask yourself this. Who is an atheist? One who does not even believe in God, let alone Jesus Christ. So, since an atheist does not believe in God, what fate awaits such a one, according to the gospel of John Chapter 3?

John 3 vs 16-21 (ERV)
16. “For God so loved the world,[i] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
18. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
19. And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
20. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.
21. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
Those who do not believe remain condemned to perish. i.e. their end is the grave since they do not have eternal life.

1 Like

Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by TheElated177: 10:54am On Oct 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:
LOL.... I continue to quote scriptures that have nothing to do with my assertion? And yet you believe you are not the confused one here at all, do you?

Let me help you with your thinking there then. What does John 3 tell you about those who believe? They are saved(Salvation) from the condemnation of sin i.e. they will not perish but have eternal life. What does that mean then for those who do not believe? Those who do not believe remain condemned to perish without eternal life.

Now ask yourself this. Who is an atheist? One who does not even believe in God, let alone Jesus Christ. So, since an atheist does not believe in God, what fate awaits such a one, according to the gospel of John Chapter 3?

Those who do not believe remain condemned to perish. i.e. their end is the grave since they do not have eternal life.

Mtcheeeew!

Don't ever quote me or mention my moniker again, you covetous soul.

Just had to give you more ground to confirm what you truly are and what your mission really is.

Scram with your evil, confusing spirit. The Spirit in me is impervious to your demonic antics.
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 10:58am On Oct 22, 2020
TheElated177:
Mtcheeeew!
Don't ever quote me or mention my moniker again, you covetous soul.
Just had to give you more ground to confirm what you truly are and what your mission really is.
Scram with your evil, confusing spirit. The Spirit in me is impervious to your demonic antics.
So you are still unable to see what is right in front of you still? Sigh! undecided

1 Like

Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by TheElated177: 1:32am On Oct 25, 2020
Luke 6: 46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?

Any one who claims to be a follower of Yahushua the Messiah but does not obey his Commandments is no better than an atheist.
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 1:44am On Oct 25, 2020
TheElated177:
Luke 6: 46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?
Any one who claims to be a follower of Yahushua the Messiah but does not obey his Commandments is no better than an atheist.
Definitely, not everyone who says they believe in Jesus Christ belongs to Jesus Christ.

Luke 6 vs 46-49(ERV)
46. “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ but you don’t do what I say?
47. The people who come to me, who listen to my teachings and obey them—I will show you what they are like:
48. They are like a man building a house. He digs deep and builds his house on rock. The floods come, and the water crashes against the house. But the flood cannot move the house, because it was built well.

48. “But the people who hear my words and do not obey are like a man who builds a house without preparing a foundation. When the floods come, the house falls down easily and is completely destroyed.”
For indeed, only those who hear His Teachings and put them in practice -- those through the work of Jesus Christ Himself is being wrought, belong to Him.

Matthew 7 vs 21-49(ERV)
21. “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
23. And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
24. “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:
25. and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

26. “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
27. and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”
28. And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching,
29. for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
However, Jesus Christ does not, in any way, compare those who believe in Him but refuse to obey Him with the unbelievers out in the world. Why? Because there is really nothing to compare. After all Jesus Christ did not come to condemn them at all. They are already condemned to die, and that remains the Judgement of God against those who refuse to believe in Him.
He does consider them like the foolish... since it is foolishness to gain everlasting life without securing for yourself a place in Heaven, through the obedience of Jesus Christ's commandments, in which to spend that everlasting life in.

1 Like

Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by TheElated177: 9:06pm On Oct 27, 2020
John 6: 53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Unless you who claim to be a follower of Yahushua the Messiah obey his Commandments, you are not better than the atheists.
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 10:51pm On Oct 27, 2020
TheElated177:
John 6: 53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
Unless you who claim to be a follower of Yahushua the Messiah obey his Commandments, you are not better than the atheists.
When considered in context, you find that the verse says something entirely different from what you suggest.

John 6 vs 47-56 (ERV)
47. “I can assure you that anyone who believes has eternal life.
48. I am the bread that gives life.
49. Your ancestors ate the manna God gave them in the desert, but it didn’t keep them from dying.
50. Here is the bread that comes down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will never die.
51. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my body. I will give my body so that the people in the world can have life.”
52. Then the Jews began to argue among themselves. They said, “How can this man give us his body to eat?”
53. Jesus said, “Believe me when I say that you must eat the body of the Son of Man, and you must drink his blood. If you don’t do this, you have no real life.
54. Those who eat my body and drink my blood have eternal life. I will raise them up on the last day.
55. My body is true food, and my blood is true drink.
56. Those who eat my body and drink my blood live in me, and I live in them.
There in the passage above, we see in verse 54, Jesus Christ clarifies that the 'life' He mentioned in verse 53 is in fact 'eternal life. Those who do not believe in God, the unbelievers, are condemned to die/perish in the grave, so they do not have eternal life at all.
Those who believe are saved from the condemnation of sin and death- they are not condemned to die/perish in the grave - are bestowed with the gift of eternal life.
Believers who refuse to obey the commandments of Jesus Christ will spend the eternity they have in Hell eternally.

1 Like

Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by TheElated177: 1:23pm On Oct 28, 2020
John 6:54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Unless you, the one who claims to be a servant of Yahushua the Messiah, obey his Commandments, you are no different from the unbelievers - the atheists.
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 1:53am On Oct 29, 2020
TheElated177:
John 6:54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.
Unless you, the one who claims to be a servant of Yahushua the Messiah, obey his Commandments, you are no different from the unbelievers - the atheists.
1. Those who believe and accept Jesus Christ (Covenant included) but refuse to obey the Will of God have the spirit of the anti-Christ ruling in them; the atheists do not.
2. Believers who refuse to hear and do the words that Jesus Christ commands are like seeds of the enemy planted against the Kingdom of God; Atheists are not.
3. Believers who refuse Jesus Christ (the New Covenant) are destined for Hell; atheists are not destined for Hell.

Therefore, in no way or form are believers who refuse to obey Jesus Christ anything like atheists.
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by TheElated177: 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2020
A person can claim to be something or someone he or she is not.

Unless your claim of being a believer in Yahushua the Messiah is backed by or accompanied by actual obedience to his Commandments, you are only deluding yourself.

Who is a believer in Yahushua the Messiah?

What does it really mean to believe in Yahushua the Messiah?
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by TheElated177: 1:48pm On Oct 29, 2020
1 John 2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Yahushua did.

When you claim to be a follower of Yahushua the Messiah but obliterate that claim by your actions, you are no different from an atheist.

Both the one believes that a Creator exists but does not have regard for his Commandments and the one who doesn't believe in the existence of the Creator are the same. They are both his enemies.
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Oct 29, 2020
TheElated177:
A person can claim to be something or someone he or she is not.

Unless your claim of being a believer in Yahushua the Messiah is backed by or accompanied by actual obedience to his Commandments, you are only deluding yourself.
Believers who believe in but do not accept Jesus Christ are destined for Hell and punishment for eternity!

TheElated177:
Who is a believer in Yahushua the Messiah?
A believer is one who believes and ACCEPTS the person of Jesus Christ. I will go even further to say that one who believes is one who has
1. Been baptized

Mark 16 vs 14-18 (ERV)
14. Later, Jesus appeared to the eleven followers while they were eating. He criticized them because they had so little faith. They were stubborn and refused to believe the people who said Jesus had risen from death.
15. He said to them, “Go everywhere in the world. Tell the Good News to everyone.
16. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved. But those who do not believe will be judged guilty.
17. And the people who believe will be able to do these things as proof: They will use my name to force demons out of people. They will speak in languages they never learned.
18. If they pick up snakes or drink any poison, they will not be hurt. They will lay their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
2. Eaten of the communion body of Jesus Christ - the bread of life - because those who believe, have eternal life.

John 6 vs 47-56 (ERV)
47. “I can assure you that anyone who believes has eternal life.
48. I am the bread that gives life. [/b]
49. Your ancestors ate the manna God gave them in the desert, but it didn’t keep them from dying.
50. Here is the bread that comes down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will never die.
51. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my body. I will give my body so that the people in the world can have life.”
52. Then the Jews began to argue among themselves. They said, “How can this man give us his body to eat?”
53. Jesus said, “Believe me when I say that you must eat the body of the Son of Man, and you must drink his blood. If you don’t do this, you have no real life.
54. Those who eat my body and drink my blood have eternal life. I will raise them up on the last day.
55. My body is true food, and my blood is true drink.
56. Those who eat my body and drink my blood live in me, and I live in them.

TheElated177:
What does it really mean to believe in Yahushua the Messiah?
The passages provide explaination
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
TheElated177:
1 John 2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Yahushua did.When you claim to be a follower of Yahushua the Messiah but obliterate that claim by your actions, you are no different from an atheist.

Both the one believes that a Creator exists but does not have regard for his Commandments and the one who doesn't believe in the existence of the Creator are the same. They are both his enemies.
The fate of such a person is worse than that of an atheist because that person has eternity to contemplate their refusal in Hell.
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by TheElated177: 7:08pm On Oct 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The fate of such a person is worse than that of an atheist because that person has eternity to contemplate their refusal in Hell.

This covetous soul, is it not obvious that I don't want to have any discussion with you?

Open your own thread and disseminate whatever it is you have in your mind. Now, scram.
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 7:13pm On Oct 29, 2020
TheElated177:
This covetous soul, is it not obvious that I don't want to have any discussion with you?

Open your own thread and disseminate whatever it is you have in your mind. Now, scram.
Disseminating anything in the name of God that is contrary to the word of God amounts to disobedience. Yes, all those who are followers of Jesus Christ (the word of God Himself) are commanded to only preach that which is in accordance with the teachings of Jesus Christ -- those who do not are anti-Christ elements for they claim to believe but do not obey the commandments of Jesus Christ.
So, this isn't about opinions (your mind or mine) but about stating the facts of Jesus Christ as presented by Jesus Christ Himself.
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by TheElated177: 8:28pm On Oct 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Disseminating anything in the name of God that is contrary to the word of God amounts to disobedience. Yes, all those who are followers of Jesus Christ (the word of God Himself) are commanded to only preach that which is in accordance with the teachings of Jesus Christ -- those who do not are anti-Christ elements for they claim to believe but do not obey the commandments of Jesus Christ.
So, this isn't about opinions (your mind or mine) but about stating the facts of Jesus Christ as presented by Jesus Christ Himself.

I have heard you, confused fellow. Now, take your confusion agendum to your own thread.

You have failed woefully to bring confusion into the premise of this message.
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Oct 29, 2020
TheElated177:

I have heard you, confused fellow. Now, take your confusion agendum to your own thread.

You have failed woefully to bring confusion into the premise of this message.
The Gospel of the Kingdom of God is meant to be presched as-is, and not meant to be used as an assumed weapon against those we love to hate.

As for my "woeful failure", I beg to differ as I have so far shown how eternity apart an atheist is from one who believes yet refuses to obey the commandments of Jesus Christ.
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by TheElated177: 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The Gospel of the Kingdom of God is meant to be presched as-is, and not meant to be used as an assumed weapon against those we love to hate.

As for my "woeful failure", I beg to differ as I have so far shown how eternity apart an atheist is from one who believes yet refuses to obey the commandments of Jesus Christ.

Utter humbug!
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On Oct 30, 2020
TheElated177:
Utter humbug!
Can you in fact refute any of my responses so far? Or are you just here to hate on everyone that does not see God's word through the goggles that is your mind there?
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:07am On Oct 31, 2020
Today, over 41,000 different religions are claiming Christian denominations, their teachings and doctrines totally contradicts one another. So if you truly want to help your followers on NL what you need to do is
Point
Present
Mention
Say
Tell
Direct them to the group you know is practicing what Jesus taught back then, simply asking people to obey Jesus' command when there's confusion in the midst of those claiming Christians whereas the confusion resulted from different line of thought, is like you are mocking Jesus!
Jesus has come, laid down the teachings and returned to heaven, thousands of religions have been set up in his name, they're all claiming teachers of what Jesus laid down.
So each person believes he's obeying Jesus as he/she is practicing what his/her church teaches about Jesus, therefore what are you now saying? embarassed

TheElated177:

Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by TheElated177: 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Today, over 41,000 different religions are claiming Christian denominations, their teachings and doctrines totally contradicts one another. So if you truly want to help your followers on NL what you need to do is
Point
Present
Mention
Say
Tell
Direct them to the group you know is practicing what Jesus taught back then, simply asking people to obey Jesus' command when there's confusion in the midst of those claiming Christians whereas the confusion resulted from different line of thought, is like you are mocking Jesus!
Jesus has come, laid down the teachings and returned to heaven, thousands of religions have been set up in his name, they're all claiming teachers of what Jesus laid down.
So each person believes he's obeying Jesus as he/she is practicing what his/her church teaches about Jesus, therefore what are you now saying? embarassed

Haven't you asked me this question before?

Go and search out my reply.
Re: No Better Than The Atheists. by TheElated177: 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Can you in fact refute any of my responses so far? Or are you just here to hate on everyone that does not see God's word through the goggles that is your mind there?

You are not entitled to any response from me. I owe you nothing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Atheists Attack Only Christianity. / Video: Christians Are Adding Alcohol In Every Medicine Says A Muslim Cleric / Do Dreams Have A Message?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.