Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Governor Okowa Inaugurates Special Fund For Victims Of Police Brutality(photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Okowa Inaugurates Special Fund For Victims Of Police Brutality(photos) (261 Views)

House Of Reps Set To Inaugurates Special And Standing Committees / Gov Okowa Inaugurates New FRSC Office Complex [photo] / Wike Inaugurates Special Advisers, Boards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Okowa Inaugurates Special Fund For Victims Of Police Brutality(photos) by damilola4162(m): 5:49pm On Oct 19, 2020
Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta state has announced that the state government would establish a Special Victims’ Support Fund for the payment of monetary compensation to victims of police brutality and extra-judicial killings in the state.

Governor Okowa made the announcement while inaugurating an eight-member Judicial Panel of Enquiry into police brutality and other human rights abuses in the state in Asaba, on Monday, October 19, 2020.

He stated that the constitution of the panel was in-line with the directive of the National Economic Council (NEC) headed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and charged the body to bring justice to victims.

“I wish to remind members of the Panel that we are in a national emergency and therefore this assignment should be handled with the urgency it requires. We need to calm frayed nerves and the only way we can do it is to take appropriate and immediate action,” Governor Okowa said.

Source: https://insidenaija.com.ng/delta-state-government-inaugurates-special-victims-support-fund-for-victims-of-police-brutality-photos/

Re: Governor Okowa Inaugurates Special Fund For Victims Of Police Brutality(photos) by TheRareGem1(f): 5:59pm On Oct 19, 2020
Now the number of state governors implementing the directive given by VP Osinbajo is increasing. I think people need to allow government do their job and see how it unfolds. This protests has been hijack by the pro end SARs. Let's see what the government would do.
The process ongoing is also how to compensate the victims of brutality and I think this is a step in the right direction amongst others .
Re: Governor Okowa Inaugurates Special Fund For Victims Of Police Brutality(photos) by Deputy1111(m): 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2020
I think this is a good step forward by the NEC chair by VP Osinbajo. We want better Nigeria.
Re: Governor Okowa Inaugurates Special Fund For Victims Of Police Brutality(photos) by okefrancis: 6:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
Although the deed has been done but we still appreciate the goodwill of Governor Okowa and follow OSINBAJO Suit, thank you sir
Re: Governor Okowa Inaugurates Special Fund For Victims Of Police Brutality(photos) by TheRareGem1(f): 6:26pm On Oct 19, 2020
We should let government do the needful now that we set our demands and have been accepted. The last week protests were very effective and heroic.
Re: Governor Okowa Inaugurates Special Fund For Victims Of Police Brutality(photos) by Shooyie: 9:05pm On Oct 19, 2020
I appreciate the VP took a stand and voiced his opinion on these whole issue. His influence was also vital. We have to patient and see how this plays out.

(1) (Reply)

Endsars: Be Wise And Act, Don’t let The Security Men Kill You. / Can We Just Suspend This #endsars Protest? / Save Our Democracy, Group Tells Political Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.