Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,575 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Do You Think Thor Would Have Been Able To Handle The Snap? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do You Think Thor Would Have Been Able To Handle The Snap? (467 Views)

BBNaija: Alex Not Mature Enough To Handle N45m – Anto / Pls I Need Link To Download "Thor Ragnarok" / Please Has Anyone Been Able To Access O2tvseries Off Recent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Thor Would Have Been Able To Handle The Snap? by sonmvayina(m): 11:14pm On Oct 19, 2020
Do you think Thor would've been able to handle the snap?

Thor: Look, look. Sitting here staring at that thing is not going to bring everybody back. I’m the strongest Avenger, so this responsibility falls upon me. It’s my duty, to-

Tony: No no no, it’s not about that-

Thor: Shhh, shh shhh! Stop it! Let me… just let me do it…just let me do something good. Something right.

Tony: Look, it’s not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent. I’m telling you: You’re in no condition.

When Thor volunteered to take the snap, he called himself the strongest Avenger. And for that reason, he contended that he was fittest to use the gauntlet.

However, his teammates contested that decision.

But, what struck me was the fact that, when Thor took the stand, no one said that he wasn’t strong enough to wield the gauntlet.

None of them doubted his physical prowess. In fact, Tony explicitly said that it was not the glove’s physical properties which put Thor in danger.

Regardless, they still concluded that he was “in no condition” to take the snap.

Which led me to believe that, Thor was not held back because of his physical state. Instead, that he was stopped for his mental condition.

Before Bruce Banner took the snap, The Avengers swore that they’d only restore the people who’d died from the snap five years ago. Everyone who passed away before then would have to remain so, lest they risked distorting the timeline.

But during Endgame, Thor was grieving his kingdom, his brother, friends, and mother- all of whom died before the snap.

He even tried to warn Frigga of her own death to stop it from happening. Only for her to reject his advice mid-way.
The Avengers noticed his behavior.

They realized that, if they gave Thor the gauntlet, he’d likely try to bring all his lost ones back - creating an alternate reality in the process.

That’s why Tony uttered those lines: Because it wasn’t his physical condition which was in danger. It was his mental state!

To summarize, physically, Thor could have handled the snap. But his mind wasn’t quite ready for it.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Thor Would Have Been Able To Handle The Snap? by Introvertmemer(m): 12:10am On Oct 20, 2020
Dope bruh could someone open a marvels only thread

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Thor Would Have Been Able To Handle The Snap? by sonmvayina(m): 10:25pm On Oct 20, 2020
Introvertmemer:
Dope bruh
could someone open a marvels only thread

OK..I ll do it..about MCU
Re: Do You Think Thor Would Have Been Able To Handle The Snap? by Fvcknames: 4:15am On Nov 09, 2020
bro, still waiting on the mcu thread
Re: Do You Think Thor Would Have Been Able To Handle The Snap? by sonmvayina(m): 10:02am On Nov 09, 2020
Fvcknames:
bro, still waiting on the mcu thread

OK bro..

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Classic / A Quiet Place 2 / Cutest Video Today: Davido's Daughter & Tiwa Savage's Son Pays Tribute To Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.