Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests (29106 Views)

President Tinubu Appeals To Apc Senators-elect To Abide By APC Zoning / Endsars Demonstrators Call Off Protests In Osun, Appreciate Youths’ Consciousnes / Aisha Yesufu Asks Abuja EndSARS Protesters To Retreat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by zpakln(f): 12:50am On Oct 20, 2020
The national Leader of the all Progressives congress asiwaju Bola tinubu has appealed Nigerian youths who spearheaded the end sars protest to give the federal government the opportunity to address their demands.

In a release personally signed by him , he asked the youths and I quote to ‘ please please and please call off the protests , give government a chance to implement your demands ‘

The statement partly reads: “For the past twelve days, our country has witnessed massive protests by youths in different cities, which were ignited by widespread disenchantment with the gross human rights abuses including torture, extortion, harassment, intimidation and even extra-judicial killings of Nigerians by members of the disbanded Special Anti-robbery Squad (SARS).

“The demands for fundamental police reforms by the protesting youths are in pursuit of our aspiration in our national anthem “to build a nation where peace and justice shall reign”.

“It is impossible for anyone truly committed to the rule of law, democracy and good governance to be opposed to the concern and demands of the protesters.

“The impunity of SARS was thus a challenge that the youth have responded positively and courageously to and has triggered the commencement of the fundamental reform of the country’s policing system. But then, the protesters must admit that the President Muhammadu Buhari administration has acted with commendable dispatch by not only scrapping SARS but also accepting the five-point demand that triggered the protests. This shows a laudable sensitivity to the grievances of the youths. It is only fair that government must be given the chance to implement the reforms demanded by the protesters.

I therefore appeal toy that “You have made your point. Government has made its commitment to you. Please and please, call off the protests. Give government a chance to implement your demands. God bless you”

SOURCE: https://www.tvcnews.tv/endsars-tinubu-appeals-to-protesters-to-call-off-protests/

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by Gbengais(m): 1:41am On Oct 20, 2020
Mschewwwwwwww!!!

181 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by Supan(m): 1:44am On Oct 20, 2020
BAT, should'nt be jittery about what Miyetti Allah said. He should be free and say his mind. I don't believe this is what he expected from this government when he helped them to power.

Enough of playing Ostrich. Baba, You have sold yourself for so long and so cheap.

210 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by Imortal001: 1:45am On Oct 20, 2020
Rubbish! we need change tell the government so!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by Nobody: 1:50am On Oct 20, 2020
And who is he to tell me not to cry when I am being beaten? If I say make thunder fire...them go say I de disrespect my senior.

147 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by adioolayi(m): 2:08am On Oct 20, 2020
What do you expect from him They are already saying he sponsored the protests!

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by Godfullsam(m): 2:26am On Oct 20, 2020
When will baba Buhari address Nigerians?

Is he not concerned?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by Yobabad: 2:35am On Oct 20, 2020
Typical Yoruba Muslim man, fear all over him

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by colorsofrainbow: 2:43am On Oct 20, 2020
He wasn't the one who asked the youths to protest from the onset,he won't be the one to make them back down...He's among the problems of this country so he's deceiving himself trying to portray a father-figure.
If he's scared of myetti-allah,he should travel to the North & beg them to forgive him as he has always licked Fulani's ass,nothing concern us.

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by Freestainworld(m): 3:14am On Oct 20, 2020
we need to call Tinubu to say hi, can someone share his number to us

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by Chiedu4Trump: 3:30am On Oct 20, 2020
Its too late oh!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by Nobody: 4:25am On Oct 20, 2020
Buhari should start sacking hundreds of alledged corrupt public workers the people would naturally give him a new lease of trust..

16 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by bossvinqualad25(m): 4:48am On Oct 20, 2020
If you are an experienced teacher and reside around ayobo, bada Lagos check my signature for my contact .Requirement O level or NCE
Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by ehinmowo: 4:54am On Oct 20, 2020
Our next phase now is how to deal with the thugs and their sponsors. Oshiomole is culpable in Edo State. He is one whose administration enthroned thugs.

Tinubu should STFU!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by Karemarealty288(m): 5:04am On Oct 20, 2020
Tinubu has been smoked out from his hole by Fulani allegations.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by HeadShot: 5:11am On Oct 20, 2020
I'm currently in Edo State on transit

Been here since yesterday... All roads blocked by touts and hoodlums

They have hijacked the protests in Edo State..
It's crazy out here

Never knew Edo State was full of foolish youths... Pole to pole unleashing mayhem on the masses ...

Spits on Edo youths

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by slimfit1(m): 5:57am On Oct 20, 2020
He is the last person they want to listen to.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by slimfit1(m): 5:58am On Oct 20, 2020
He is the last person they want to listen to, whoever told him to come out and speak doesn't really like him or understand the state of mind of the people.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by helinues: 6:00am On Oct 20, 2020
Let them continue...

Mtcheeew... You do not have to tell a blind man it's raining now

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by Nobody: 6:01am On Oct 20, 2020
Tinubu!

Tinubu!

Tinubu!

I take one eye dey look this man.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by Sunnycliff(m): 6:02am On Oct 20, 2020
Let's ignore him please.
#EndSARS

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by seunmsg(m): 6:13am On Oct 20, 2020
Well said. The protest to end sars and police brutality is legitimate. No right thinking person will speak against the protest. However, now that government has agreed to the demands of the protesters, it’s time to halt the protest and allow government implement all the demands.

Continuing with the protest in the manner we have seen in the last few days would only lead to more violence, looting, extortion etc. This is the time for the protest to become strategic. Engagement and monitoring should be the next stage. The street protest has achieved its aim already, it’s time to call it off.

Again, the protest should never ever toy with the idea of a regime change; it will end in disaster if they go that route. Any attempt to forcefully overthrow a democratically elected government will ruin all the gains of the protest. I urge all those pushing the evil agenda of regime change to take a look at the outcome of similar adventure in Libya and Syria. We won’t allow Nigeria to go in that direction.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by iokpebholo: 6:14am On Oct 20, 2020
HeadShot:
I'm currently in Edo State on transit

Been here since yesterday... All roads blocked by touts and hoodlums

They have hijacked the protests in Edo State..
It's crazy out here

Never knew Edo State was full of foolish youths... Pole to pole unleashing mayhem on the masses ...

Spits on Edo youths

don't say that sir,the protesters are very foolish and full of criminal minded individuals

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by Whoube99(f): 6:34am On Oct 20, 2020
zpakln:

SOURCE: https://www.tvcnews.tv/endsars-tinubu-appeals-to-protesters-to-call-off-protests/

Treat yourself to an improved radio listening experience with the all Nigeria Radio app!

Get it at: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.getjoydev.nigeriaradio

What's the bullion thief saying pls

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 20, 2020
Whoube99:

What's the bullion thief saying pls

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by sammysmiles(m): 6:51am On Oct 20, 2020
Weitin this one dey talk?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 20, 2020
It shall not be better for you and your generations in the afterlife, seeing as you have bettered your nowlife with resources meant for the masses

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Appeals To EndSARS Protesters To Call Off Protests by aje55393: 7:37am On Oct 20, 2020
Its too late oh!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FFK: I Will Only Leave APC If Muslim/Muslim Ticket With Muslim VP Is Adopted / Videos And Pictures From APC Presidential Rally In Kano / Accept Islam & Resign - Boko-Haram To GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.