Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,624 members, 7,827,332 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Prayer For Nigeria In Distress - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prayer For Nigeria In Distress (523 Views)

Reno Omokri Lists 'The Wealthiest People In Nigeria In 1965' / Uche Secondus Says Nigeria Is In Distress / Chaos As IPOB Members Disrupt Church Service Over Prayer For Election. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by IME1: 3:19am On Oct 20, 2020
Look at the way in many states people are being used to cause mayhem and distort the purpose of this outcry

It's not a fight for Internet fraudsters, or queer people or Oduduwa, Biafra or Arewa
It's for you and I who live in Nigeria, who desire a better Nigeria, who have hope

It is far beyond SARS, bag of rice, hike in fuel and electricity, expensive governance and ASUU strike
It's a bad state of the nation

Where can we turn to?
Definitely not to UN, AU, EU, ECOWAS, ICJ, US, UK or coup

We must turn to God in prayers for direction, wisdom and sustainability.

I'll give you 2 stories-

For those of us who have digested (gone beyond reading) Animal Farm,
You'll notice that after the animals chased out the humans they didn't know how to live, led or what to do!
Then the pigs took it up and the rest is history

After this what do we want to achieve?
If you think Buhari will step down as it is in some other countries ask yourself, who'd take over? What good has come to those countries whose leaders stepped down unceremoniously

The second story is that of Jesus Christ.
After He preached one time the people sought to forcefully enthrone Him but He slipped out of their midst and left, His was not a kingdom made by hands or the will of men. His mission was to come and redeem humans not to sit in their castles and palaces (what a demotion)!
After His mission in about 3 and a half years, He gave up His life for our sins, resurrected and now sits at the right hand of God in His heavenly Kingdom. Now His footstool is the very earth those people sought to enthrone Him in.

At the end of our struggles in this life, whether we see a better Nigeria in our life time or our children or sadly never, it's still not our final destination. We must ask ourselves what next in every striving, agitation, ambition, aspiration or planning.

[As a way of digressing, think, those people who have locked up mansions in their villages, City GRAs and in foreign lands which are unoccupied, what was their plan? Did they think their children or grandchildren will really stay in those houses or they would rent them out or what, shuttle between cities just to warm the beds?]

What really is the game plan, strategy and end game/result?

Be it in your personal life or in this protest, ask yourself and answer yourself!

Jesus Christ is my goal, my witnessing is my purpose, heaven in eternal life is my destination, fellowship with God is my ultimate

1 Share

Re: Prayer For Nigeria In Distress by orisa37: 5:36am On Oct 20, 2020
GOD HAVE MERCY. LORD HAVE MERCY IJN AMEN.

(1) (Reply)

How Buhari Learnt The Hard Way / Endsars: Osibanjo To Nigerians: We Are Sorry / Water Resources Bill: Minister In Secret Meeting With Reps, Attacks Critics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.