Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East (19743 Views)

‘We won’t join you in APC’ — Ebonyi lawmakers tackle Umahi over defection / Ondo Lawmakers Give Akeredolu Go Ahead To Access N50bn Bond / 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by odiks: 5:33am On Oct 20, 2020
The plot for the defection of top government officials in Ebonyi State to the All Progressives Congress (APC) thickened yesterday with the state House of Assembly giving a seven-day ultimatum to the National Working Committee (NWC) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to zone the presidency to the South-east zone in 2023.

The ultimatum has strengthened the speculation that the Governor, Chief Dave Umahi, is planning to lead executive council members and the state lawmakers, elected on PDP platform, to join the APC.

Umahi, who is rumoured to be nursing higher political ambition in 2023, had reportedly perfected plans to cross over to the nation’s ruling party.

At a press conference in Abakaliki, the state capital, the Speaker of the Assembly, Hon. Francis Nwifuru, warned that the PDP would pay heavily if the party fails to adhere to the request.

Twenty two out of the 24 members of the state House of Assembly were present while two lawmakers were absent.

The lawmakers also warned the PDP not to contemplate removing the National Chairman of the party, Prince Uche Secondus.

Nwifuru said: “We are giving our great party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), seven days’ ultimatum to summon the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the party and zone the position of the presidency to the South-east, Nigeria, especially as INEC has officially announced the date of the presidential election.

He said: “Equally, the party should not contemplate to remove the National Chairman of the party, Prince Uche Secondus, as it is customary that the zone (South) from where the National Chairman comes from produces the presidential candidate of the party. If this advice is not adhered to, it will further divide and destabilise the party along sectional and regional lines.

“Failure to adhere to these kind requests will cost our party heavily and we, the honourable members of the sixth Ebonyi State House of Assembly will leave no stone unturned in taking decisive actions to ensure that traditions and dividends of democracy are respected in our party.”

The lawmakers noted that since the rebirth of democracy in 1999, the South-east zone has paid its dues having worked assiduously and massively voted for all the presidential candidates of PDP from other zones in the country, stressing that in the spirit of democracy, equity, justice and fairness, the presidency, come 2023, be zoned to the South-east.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/10/20/ebonyi-lawmakers-give-pdp-ultimatum-to-zone-presidency-to-south-east/

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by Lashist(m): 5:41am On Oct 20, 2020
Nothing like that...if you like zone or "unzone", the youths will hopefully choose a sensible president...APC and PDP no fit chop my vote in this life again...I'd rather waste the vote on a small party with credible candidate than a party with thieves and ritualists

189 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by henry4991(m): 5:41am On Oct 20, 2020
Noted
Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by goldtube(m): 5:42am On Oct 20, 2020
cool
Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by BruncleZuma: 5:42am On Oct 20, 2020

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by Salmoneus(m): 5:42am On Oct 20, 2020
Zone presidency to the youths, PDP and APC are both useless!! #nocountryforoldmen angry

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by DonFreshmoney(m): 5:42am On Oct 20, 2020
No be by force legislators... we know that this message is from the hands of Esau (Umahi)..

But I don't understand that statement, presidential candidate of PDP is meant to come from the same region as national chairman... are these people drunk?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by RealLordZeus(m): 5:43am On Oct 20, 2020

The lawmakers noted that since the rebirth of democracy in 1999, the South-east zone has paid its dues having worked assiduously and massively voted for all the presidential candidates of PDP from other zones in the country, stressing that in the spirit of democracy, equity, justice and fairness, the presidency, come 2023, be zoned to the South-east.
This is legit! You can not be working in UBA and expect Pension from Firstbank

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by okpalaAnambra: 5:43am On Oct 20, 2020
This is the kind of protest I like.. We can't keep feeding the PDP and when is time for presidential election they will look for one abokiiii up north like the south east doesn't deserve the presidency too.. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.. Either we have it this time around or we disband PDP

Cc : Okezie, ugwuanyi.. Take note and replicate same in Abia and Enugu

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by Nobody: 5:43am On Oct 20, 2020
After ENDSARS let's join hands and#ENDXVIDEOS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by Newman20(m): 5:44am On Oct 20, 2020
8y88y8:
After ENDSARS let's join hands and#ENDXVIDEOS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by Greyworld: 5:44am On Oct 20, 2020
I saw this coming. Umahi has be frolicking with the President and APC. Of the 5 Eastern governors, he is about the only serious one.

Politicians are all the same tho, but if a sitting governor in the East merits it my vote, then I could give it to Umahi.

#Endsars
#Endgerontocracy
#Restructurenow

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by Elvis2kay: 5:44am On Oct 20, 2020
tongue

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by Nobody: 5:44am On Oct 20, 2020
Ara!
Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by wemmy01(m): 5:44am On Oct 20, 2020
It doesn't matter, we stand with Youth Democratic Party(YDP). The youth have waken up.

#endsars
#endswat
#endbadgovernanceinnigeeia
#endapcpdp
#endbuhari

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by okpalaAnambra: 5:45am On Oct 20, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
No be by force legislators... we know that this message is from the hands of Esau (Umahi)..

But I don't understand that statement, presidential candidate of PDP is meant to come from the same region as national chairman... are these people drunk?
Yes is by force, the south east has worked so hard for PDP since 1999..is either we have it or we scatter the party

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by Firstorderwizard(m): 5:46am On Oct 20, 2020
Ebonyi lawbreakersmakers and Umahi is irrelevant right now.
Youths will take over power.
No more PDP/APC. This ancestors must go back to the old people's homes and enjoy their old age. They have no business with governance.
#Endsars
#Endbadgovernance

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by GARRIYELLOW: 5:47am On Oct 20, 2020
Advertise your services for FREE!
Locate and contact artisans around you from the comfort of your home.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by Teejay13(m): 5:47am On Oct 20, 2020
Who then is the rightful candidate in the south east?

I can't see no one for now.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by okpalaAnambra: 5:48am On Oct 20, 2020
Teejay13:
Who then is the rightful candidate in the south east?

I can't see no one for now.
They're many candidates from the east,, the time of deceit of who is rightful in the east is over..
If we ask you now the rightful candidate for West, you will mention Tinubu or Atiku for North.. We have more than enough vibrant candidates

12 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by Icon4s(m): 5:48am On Oct 20, 2020
I seldom make comments in Polics section, but I think I need to chip in something here to advice my fellow Igbos (I am also an Igbo man).

PRESIDENCY IS NOT BY FORCE!

I have always had issues with the clamour for an "Igbo President". You cannot force Nigeria to give you an "Igbo President". That mantra alone will ensure Igbos do not have that wish.

We want our region to Produce a president yet we openly display Hatred towards certain parts of the country? Where do you want to get the Votes from?

Now look at Ebonyi Lawmakers trying to Force the PDP to give Dave Umahi the Presidential ticket. You don't just wake up in 2020 and say you are aspiring for 2023 presidency. Politics is a game of time and this is where the Northerners and Yorubas will always have that edge over the Igbos Politically. Igbos always put their eggs in one basket and do not have foresight about their ambitions.

I have said it and will continue to say it that for the Igbos to have political relevance in Nigeria they first need to make peace with their neighbors. Politics is a game of numbers.

Igbos should learn to play the Politics and quit all these entitlement mentality.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by obembet(f): 5:49am On Oct 20, 2020
WE DON'T NEED PDP/APC AGAIN. WE DON'T WANT ANYTHING ATTACH TO APC/PDP. EVEN IF THEY ZONE IT TO WEST OR EAST. WE WON'T VOTE THEM. WE ARR TAKING OVER.

okpalaAnambra:

Who are u ma.. What's you're region and where do you come from.. Igbo presidency will stabilise Nigeria as igbos are known for equity and fair play.. We won't have been where we are agitating today

All the sensible Igbo are agitating for good government. Making Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo a president would not help this country as long as u are still support all those old wicked PDP/APC politicians. In fact president can even come from north as long as he/she can deliver us from slavery in our own land. A reasonable Igbo has wise up and understand that the progress of the next generation depends on good government not by tribe. So I will urge u to join the wise wise men. God bless u dear

8 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 20, 2020
Lobatan

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by Toosure70: 5:50am On Oct 20, 2020
kikikikikki,

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by okpalaAnambra: 5:51am On Oct 20, 2020
obembet:
WE DON'T NEED PDP/APC AGAIN. WE DON'T WANT ANYTHING ATTACH TO APC/PDP. EVEN IF THEY ZONE IT TO WEST OR EAST. WE WON'T VOTE THEM. WE ARR TAKING OVER
Who are u ma.. What's you're region and where do you come from.. Igbo presidency will stabilise Nigeria as igbos are known for equity and fair play.. We won't have been where we are agitating today

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by Nobody: 5:51am On Oct 20, 2020
E don red for this country oo... What should atiku who have been spending immersely do?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by okpalaAnambra: 5:52am On Oct 20, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
Ebonyi lawbreakersmakers and Umahi is irrelevant right now.
Youths will take over power.
No more PDP/APC. This ancestors must go back to the old people's homes and enjoy their old age. They have no business with governance.
#Endsars
#Endbadgovernance
Nop... The south east is going to make things go right.. Igbo presidency would have prevented the whole agitation taking place now because igbos like equity and fair play

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East by okpalaAnambra: 5:52am On Oct 20, 2020
awhybliss:
E don red for this country oo... What should atiku who have been spending immersely do?
He should immediately be disbanded.. Let him go and rest, he has tried his best as a former vice president

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria-China N720 Billion Currency Swap Collapses / Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde / Fashola Rescues Three Kids From Crash Site- Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.