Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati (1334 Views)

This Picture Of Wike Will Show You How Power Can Dry A Person / AGF Malami Distances Self From Jonathan/Malami Presidential Ticket / Femi Adesina To Soyinka: Buhari Inherited Terribly Divided Country From Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by ogododo: 9:14am On Oct 20, 2020
Reuben Abati, former spokesperson for ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, has revealed how power slipped from his then-principal before he handed over power to his successor on May 29, 2015.

Abati noted that there was a transfer of power the minute Jonathan conceded defeat in the March 2015 general elections, saying the incident taught him about the fickleness of power.

The former Presidential media aide made this known while speaking with Chude Jideonwo on #WithChude, a television programme.

Recounting the occurrences in the aftermath of the 2015 elections, Abati said, “The first thing I noticed after that phone call that the President had conceded, is that people stopped coming to the villa to see the former President. The villa became a ghost town. The traffic to that villa just disappeared.

“We were seeing pictures of people already going to the other side, to the President-Elect, including members of the Jonathan government. They had changed camp, and the speed with which it was done was amazing.

“Around the villa, some of the people started taking excuse that they wanted to go to their village, or London for a checkup. These were people who would ordinarily not move an inch, who wanted to be in the presence of the President all the time.

“That taught me a lesson, that you’re only as relevant as the position you occupy.”

Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party lost the presidential election to Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress.

Jonathan polled 12,853,162 votes and won 15 states plus the Federal Capital Territory while Buhari scored 15,424,921 votes and swept 21 states.

https://punchng.com/how-power-slipped-from-jonathan-before-hand-over-reuben-abati/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:17am On Oct 20, 2020
That taught me a lesson, that you’re only as relevant as the position you occupy.”

I picked this words. So true.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by YoonSung40: 9:26am On Oct 20, 2020
He is the only Nigerian president that earned my respect

1 Like

Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by ogododo: 9:26am On Oct 20, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
That taught me a lesson, that you’re only as relevant as the position you occupy.”

I picked this words. So true.

Na so, dem be formal leaders according to leadership attribute
Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by Yobabad: 9:40am On Oct 20, 2020
Jonathan was too weak to lead Nigeria, he was even given some bleeps to some of the insult hiped at him by YMM (Yoruba Muslims Miscreants). There is nothing those useless fools (Yoruba Muslims) did not do to Good luck Jonathan

3 Likes

Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by dalongjnr: 9:43am On Oct 20, 2020
That's huge. We learn everyday that power is transient. The vanity of temporary power.

1 Like

Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by Karemarealty288(m): 9:46am On Oct 20, 2020
The loyalty of black man is darker than black. ....with the way they cross carpet shows there isn't any word like integrity in their political dictionary.

"He who carry palm fronts.....goats follows"
Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by ShobayoEmma(m): 9:52am On Oct 20, 2020
Revolution creeping in little by little.

Sorosoke jor

. Buhari, a good man with bad intentions. #endpolicebrutality# Restructure now.
Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by Miracle2020: 9:57am On Oct 20, 2020
Yobabad:
Jonathan was too weak to lead Nigeria, he was even given some bleeps to some of the insult hiped at him by YMM (Yoruba Muslims Miscreants). There is nothing those useless fools (Yoruba Muslims) did not do to Good luck Jonathan
get over your pain, even Jonathan has moved on. There is nothing you can do.

5 Likes

Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by slivertongue: 9:58am On Oct 20, 2020
you’re only as relevant as the position you occupy.
Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by tamdun: 10:11am On Oct 20, 2020
When another southerner becomes president, he try and bring enough infrastructure to South, thats d only legacy we will never forget but enriching few individuals and u think u deserve our votes again is nonsense.
Hope the next president will learn from Buhari, u need to see d development going on in katsina (and d rest of North), I swear Jonathan is a disappointment and I will never cast my vote for him again, d man no even look Bayelsa side at all, talk less of remaining southern states

3 Likes

Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by Maxymilliano(m): 10:13am On Oct 20, 2020
Nothing last forever, there is always an end to everything in life.

Even the life will live must end someday

1 Like

Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by Gayigaskia(m): 10:26am On Oct 20, 2020
tamdun:
When another southerner becomes president, he try and bring enough infrastructure to South, thats d only legacy we will never forget but enriching few individuals and u think u deserve our votes again is nonsense.
Hope the next president will learn from Buhari, u need to see d development going on in katsina (and d rest of North), I swear Jonathan is a disappointment and I will never cast my vote for him again, d man no even look Bayelsa side at all, talk less of remaining southern states
What is the development taking place in Katsina

1 Like

Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by wingmanIII: 10:27am On Oct 20, 2020
Reality. Your hitherto busy phone will be quiet for weeks. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by ahiboilandgas: 10:31am On Oct 20, 2020
tamdun:
which?like banditary abi
Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by Moferere: 10:47am On Oct 20, 2020
Power is transient

1 Like

Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by chamboy(m): 10:50am On Oct 20, 2020
Which hole this one commot from?
Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by OBUKSBAYELSA: 11:00am On Oct 20, 2020
Yobabad:

JUST TOO WEAK!
Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by OBUKSBAYELSA: 11:05am On Oct 20, 2020
Miracle2020:

what pain is he having? Retrospection, isn't bad, I guess Mr Buhari is now enjoying his groove and nemesis.
Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by Afamed: 11:16am On Oct 20, 2020
Miracle2020:
Allow him to wail. It's part of their constitutional rights

3 Likes

Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by abc115: 11:16am On Oct 20, 2020
Recounting the occurrences in the aftermath of the 2015 elections, Abati said, “The first thing I noticed after that phone call that the President had conceded, is that people stopped coming to the villa to see the former President. The villa became a ghost town. The traffic to that villa just disappeared.

“We were seeing pictures of people already going to the other side, to the President-Elect, including members of the Jonathan government. They had changed camp, and the speed with which it was done was amazing.

Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by Afamed: 11:20am On Oct 20, 2020
Lol
Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by History555: 11:37am On Oct 20, 2020
Nothing new. When umya died how many of his ministers, govs or hanger ons attended his burial. They were in aso rock fighting for president seat. How many politicians will grace an event called by obj, Jonathan etc. The same will happen to buhari when he steps down
Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by Rugaria: 11:37am On Oct 20, 2020
tamdun:

Massive developments, right?
Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 20, 2020
Yobabad:

Lol. Forgive them dear brother for they know not what they do..
Re: How Power Slipped From Jonathan Before Hand Over — Reuben Abati by ogododo: 3:55pm On Oct 20, 2020
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Kanayo O Kanayo Goes To National Assembly, Meets Rep Member Emeka Martins (Pics) / Bola Tinubu, A Man Hated For Loving His People / Buhari Not Physically, Mentally Sound To Govern Nigeria—obasanjo |

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.