Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Endsars: I Won't Sign-off 2021 Budget If... - Gbajabiamila The Street Journal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Endsars: I Won't Sign-off 2021 Budget If... - Gbajabiamila The Street Journal (349 Views)

Sadiya Farouq Travels To US For Childbirth - The Street Journal / Bala Ciroma Replaces Magu As EFCC Boss - The Street Journal / The New War Against Africa’s Christians - Wall Street Journal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Endsars: I Won't Sign-off 2021 Budget If... - Gbajabiamila The Street Journal by xpmode(m): 1:00pm On Oct 20, 2020
Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila has vowed not to sign off the 2021 budget without adequate provision for compensation of victims of police brutality and demand of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).

The Speaker described EndSARS protesting youths across the country as midwives of national rebirth, saying their agitation has brought about a historical moment in the country.

Addressing his colleagues at Tuesday’s plenary, the Speaker said: “You (EndSARS protesting youths) have moved a nation to action, and now you must join in doing the hard work of making real the vision of a more just, more prosperous, and more resilient nation.

“We see your true cause. Please do not allow your righteous cause to be hijacked by those with base motives, who see in this moment an opportunity to pursue vendettas, to spread division, exploit the many existing fissures that exist in our society and bring our nation to its knees.

“You have raised your voices and marched to demand a better Nigeria. From Abuja to Washington, to Calgary and London, your voices have been heard.

” Do not allow anybody to convince you that to withdraw from the streets now is to concede defeat.

“This is the time to move your agitation from...

Source: http://thestreetjournal.org/2020/10/i-wont-sign-off-2021-budget-without-compensation-for-endsars-victims-ASUU-demands-gbajabiamila/
Re: Endsars: I Won't Sign-off 2021 Budget If... - Gbajabiamila The Street Journal by Maize247(f): 1:03pm On Oct 20, 2020
good
Re: Endsars: I Won't Sign-off 2021 Budget If... - Gbajabiamila The Street Journal by Completelife: 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
undecided
Re: Endsars: I Won't Sign-off 2021 Budget If... - Gbajabiamila The Street Journal by richiemcgold: 2:23pm On Oct 20, 2020
What's the other man at the upper chamber saying? I mean oga lawal.

(1) (Reply)

Lekki Shooting: Buhari’s Govt Is A Pig That Shouldn’t Wear A White Robe,”- Fayos / . / Endsars: Stop The Deceit, Paid Agents Might Have Uploaded Fake Images & Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.