Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,297 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos (29350 Views)

Apcprimaries: Voting To Commence At 6pm / Works To Commence At Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road Next Week — Hon. Onuigbo / Election 2019: Voting Will Commence At 8am On Saturday - INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by Omezif(m): 7:51pm On Oct 20, 2020
This curfew can be infringed by the protesters, putting it can cause another crisis.
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by eagleonearth(m): 7:52pm On Oct 20, 2020
jagaban002:
4pm or 9pm
No retreat no surrender
This one of the most wicked goverment in Nigerian history and they mess with the wrong generation
This curfew will never ever work we Dey Lekki Toll Gate
I heard they're shooting blood
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by geezynoni: 7:52pm On Oct 20, 2020
Government...You will never know peace in your household.
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by leisuretym: 7:52pm On Oct 20, 2020
BlueMann:
So what of the protesters that have already reportedly been murdered cos of this curfew embarassed

so why killed peaceful protesters at lekki tollgate when the curfew hasn't start yet

1 Like

Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by eagleonearth(m): 7:52pm On Oct 20, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
Confuse set of Governor

There is no hope in this country

Now have seen the outcome that our leader are deceiving us

Am leaving this country to Canada to meet my mum and brothers
I taught I can leave a better life in Nigeria

Now I now see that Nigeria is noting to write about
show me way to follow you
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by ikorodureporta: 7:53pm On Oct 20, 2020
obasiken:
Acting before thinking....

The number of lagosians stuck on island this night is too much. I had to trek across 3rd mailand bridge.

Curfew should have been announced for tomorrow
kpeleh!
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by Jesslove(f): 7:53pm On Oct 20, 2020
Yet they're shooting at people in Lekki toll gate... There's God ooo
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by eagleonearth(m): 7:53pm On Oct 20, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Late news.... wey my place don dry since 5
lol men don take cover
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by Funmitee: 7:54pm On Oct 20, 2020
He's putting the police life at risk.anything can happen at night.lagos dey vex up small small.
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by electhnd(m): 7:54pm On Oct 20, 2020
this curfew can not hold,
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by jplusnaira: 7:55pm On Oct 20, 2020
Our leaders don't worry no matter how many people you kill today at lekki or anywhere else we will still vote you guys in 2023 because to us tribal and religious sentiments is what is more important to us than our lives. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by ISRAELIGHTE(m): 7:55pm On Oct 20, 2020
It’s funny how they tend to spill innocent blood tonight.. #Godiswithus
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by ikorodureporta: 7:55pm On Oct 20, 2020
eagleonearth:
lol men don take cover
all shops & market don close since. I doubt weda any vehicle or okada go dey road now
How person go take reach anywhere again??
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by MartinsD12(m): 7:55pm On Oct 20, 2020
fergie001:
The Governor had earlier today, declared a statewide 24-hr curfew to commence from 4pm.

SOURCE
And this lawless force people are shooting at protesters already at lekki toll gate, sanwo should thread with caution

1 Like

Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by ChrisIntegral(m): 7:56pm On Oct 20, 2020
How did we get here?
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by jagaban002(m): 7:56pm On Oct 20, 2020
eagleonearth:
I heard they're shooting blood
100% true . They off the tollgate light so they can Shot and kill
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by jplusnaira: 7:57pm On Oct 20, 2020
If it is 9pm how come soldiers started shooting people in Lekki by 7:00 pm
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by Seandisputed(m): 7:57pm On Oct 20, 2020
While people have been killed at Lekki already?
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by eagleonearth(m): 7:57pm On Oct 20, 2020
MartinsD12:

And this lawless force people are shooting at protesters already at lekki toll gate, sanwo should thread with caution
will he hear? until they cut off the head with the deaf ears
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by eagleonearth(m): 7:58pm On Oct 20, 2020
jagaban002:

100% true . They off the tollgate light so they can Shot and kill
cry cry
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by Zyxzzzz: 7:58pm On Oct 20, 2020
may God punish you ND your crew
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by Toyyien(f): 8:01pm On Oct 20, 2020
After killing innocent people

I shame for this government
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by sammirano: 8:02pm On Oct 20, 2020
This guy is mad
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by MartinsD12(m): 8:03pm On Oct 20, 2020
eagleonearth:
will he hear? until they cut off the head with the deaf ears
We are watching, whatever a man sow he reaps.
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
Skyfornia:
grin grin Tell me this is a joke....if truly this news is real, I'll say that the governor need to tender his resignation letter with immediate effect.

How can a governor act before he think?? How did we get here please
Tinubu Got lagosians there
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by streetfabulous: 8:05pm On Oct 20, 2020
--Mr President should please address the nation as a matter of urgency.
--State Govs and state commissioners of police should go to the different protest sites in their states, address the protesters, negotiate a date and venue for a town hall meeting, urge protesters to organize themselves and appoint spokesmen/women as well as document all their demands.
--Our dear protesters, please it is time to get organised. If we ask questions then we must allow the govt to answer.The goal is not to protest and fight forever.Infact it may be more effective to step back, assess the impact so far and restrategize for a more effective protest.
--Please organize this movement, get spokesmen/women, make it easy for our leaders to come out and negotiate by fixing a date and venue for town hall meetings, let's discuss and document all demands and prepare to talk. By organising the movement, we can avoid hijacking and infiltration by thugs.
--In the town hall meeting, the spokespersons will articulate the demands, the govt will consider them and highlight what is possible and where they may have challenges. The goal is to reach a consensus between the govt and protesters. Finally a working document should be drafted with appropriate timelines.
--The state governors should then have a meeting with the Federal government, harmonize the demands from the various state town hall meetings and put modalities in motion for TRANSPARENT implementation.
--If possible,the youths can even adopt a vision that will leverage on the current solidarity to forge a massive political alliance in form of a party that will decide who will lead this nation in future. But, to achieve this we must organize ourselves at a national level and come together.

1 Like

Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by chaloskyx: 8:06pm On Oct 20, 2020
YOU SEE HOW OUR LEADERS THINK. WHEN ALL YOUR POLICIES ARE ANTI PEOPLE THATS WHAT HAPPENS YOU ENACT POLICIES FOR PEOPLE YOU DONT CARE ABOUT

1 Like

Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by adams123: 8:06pm On Oct 20, 2020
BEWARE OF FAKE NEWS.. VERIFY BEFORE BROADCASTING

1 Like

Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by omogemi: 8:06pm On Oct 20, 2020
jagaban002:
4pm or 9pm
No retreat no surrender
This one of the most wicked goverment in Nigerian history and they mess with the wrong generation
This curfew will never ever work we Dey Lekki Toll Gate

Pls are you safe. . Is it true there is gunshots at Lekki toll gate
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by Obynopositive: 8:07pm On Oct 20, 2020
But army Don de fire gun for lekki tow gate ... Since an hour ago, na here dem go show power, common Boko Haram de fear them... Zoo country
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by Paul112(m): 8:07pm On Oct 20, 2020
Disgrace
Re: Curfew To Commence At 9pm In Lagos by Oketoks(m): 8:07pm On Oct 20, 2020
html14java:
And report has it that many has been shot dead in Lekki.

This one Sanwo Olu is always coming to give speech on camera, I've been wondering if he's a news caster.
He wants to stroll, he'll give briefing, Lagos want to open school, he give briefing.

Doesn't he know about "in a statement signed by Lagos statement governor". This will give him time to get his actions.

I'm beginning to see weakness in him.

And if he doesn't show on camera to address Lagosians, una go still complain. Na wa o

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks On Soldiers In Kareto / APC Governors Visit VP Osinbajo (Pictures) / Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.