Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo (29356 Views)

"Saraki Has Been Vindicated" Billboard Spotted In Kwara State (Pictured) / Buhari & Tyranny : I Have Been Vindicated - Reno Omokri! See Why / Alleged Budget Padding: I Will Not Withdraw My Accusations'- Jibrin Tells Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by Oasis007(m): 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2016
Sequel to the current gory allegations of corrupt practices in National Assembly precisely the House of Representatives, ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo has reiterated earlier his position in 2012 that rogues and armed robbers filled the legislature.
Recall that Hon. Abdumumuni Jubril (APC, Kano) who was hitherto the Chairman, House Committee on Appropriation on Friday opened a can of worms on the padding of the 2016 budget by the lawmakers, implicating the Speaker, Mr. Yakubu Dogara in the padding controversy of over N40 billion. The exposure came on the heels of his sack on Thursday by the Speaker. Obasanjo while attending the Fourth annual conference of the Academy for Entrepreneurial Studies in Lagos had said;

Integrity is necessary for all systems and institutions to be strong. Today, rogues, armed robbers are in the state houses of assembly and the national assembly. What sort of laws will they make?”

Fielding questions from State House Correspondents on the mind-bogging, revelations in the House after meeting privately with President Muhammadu Buhari at the presidential Villa, Abuja on Monday, Obasanjo said that the institution stinks. He urged Nigerians to vote credible people in the parliaments, advising President Buhari to be wary. He said:

“Well, if you said that I have said it in the past and if they are people who didn’t believe what I said ‎in the past then you now say that what has come out confirms what I said in the past, then you can say what I said in the past is what I will say now. ‎”Is not question of investigation, we should get men and women of integrity in the place and the president should be very vigilant, whatever should not pass should not pass.”

Commenting on his mission, Obasanjo said he was in the Villa to deliver messages from Liberia, Gambia and Seychilles to President Buhari.

“I am visiting this time because I have some messages for the president. Not too long ago I was in Liberia and Gambia and I have messages these two countries will want me to deliver to the president. Also, only yesterday I came back from Seychelles Island where I attended this year’s Annual General meeting of Africa Export Development Bank. And there are aspects of the proceedings that I think I should update the President”,

Obasanjo said traveling to different countries has educated him more. “Travelling is a good education, what you will learn about a country by visiting that country for two or three days you won’t learn by reading through books”, he said. Asked whether he intended to slow down, he said “May God not allow you to slow now”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/budget-padding-ve-vindicated-obasanjo/?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by kuuljay(m): 5:45pm On Jul 25, 2016
We know they are all thieves but when elections come they either buy us off with petty cash handouts or tell us how they are our brother in tribe religion or zones

64 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by JBismarck(m): 6:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
OK na. But seriously, Obj is a force to reckon with in Nigeria. Forget what he said, his visit might not be unconnected with the recent revelation by (dis)honourable AbdulMumuni against the leadership of the house.

31 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by Davvymavvy(f): 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2016
We have rogues, criminals, budget padders, insensitive and heatless looters as our legislators. Looting is the only language they understand, the leadership has k-leg, sadly enough, we have an ethnic champion as the president,. While looting is going on in NASS, ethnic cleansing is going in the office of the President. #One chance

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by saxby(f): 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2016
ok. We have heard you. But Sir, hope you did not go to block the part of the investigation over Bola Ige`s death that will connect to you?

Meanwhile, hope you also reminded Buhari that Ngerians are suffering?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by Checked86: 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2016
I hate this rich baby man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2016
Humm. Ebora Owu

2 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by RobinHez(m): 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2016
Growing up as a teenager in Nigeria is difficult,

you see and hear of supposedly old men; stealing funds meant for the development of the country. You hear of lawmakers who are supposed to help build a reputable government for the people- Padding the budget for both selfish and sponsored reasons.
You see groups like Avengers, Book Haram etc sponsored by these 'top men' wrecking havoc in the lifes of innocent citizens.
Sometimes I question God on why he let me to be born into this hell. . . But looking into the big picture, it's upto us, the upcoming generation to get fed up with all nonsense, and bring a change into the nation.

Forget about the President, forget about the governors, Bleep the ministers,, who our Legislature don help? Let's take our own future back from these old men.... Time for all upcoming Engineers to work together to bring about the next Silicon Valley, Doctors and Pharmaceutical students, take ur courses serious.... Your help would be greatly needed during this revolution. Sociologists, Economists, and all other neglected young minds out there..... Our time is coming! Let's be prepared so we won't be found wanting.

Together, we will build the Nigeria of our dream. And make sure our own offsprings don't get to live in a hell like we did.

I typed this outta pain in my heart. . . But I'm grateful,,,, There is a big plan!

DISCLAIMER:. Don't try to understand this post.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by gigabyte13: 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2016
Baba, l believe you na, u too dey talk. u don already yarn say the red and green house na house of thieves and rogues, although Dino and sarathief deny am.

3 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by Integrityfarms(m): 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2016
What moral justification does Obj have to criticize any politician when he had the desperation for a third term tenure

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by seguno2: 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2016
Is he a father of a rogue since his daughter, Iyabo was a senator?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by MasterJayJay: 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2016
The senate or house of rep should be scrapped.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by Young03(m): 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2016
hahaha OBJ forming prophet and saint since 1984

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by savio93(m): 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2016
This man should go and tend to his chickens... always playing the saint.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by paschal47(m): 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2016
first of all I don't understand.

we are discussing (buhari) our current issue you are coming up with 2012 wahala
Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by greatgod2012(f): 7:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
Coming from baba iyabo who diverted the money meant for operation feed the nation (OFN) to his personal poultry business called Obasanjo farms of Nigeria (OFN).

And also someone who's so greedy to the extent of fighting for third term, all those who opposed the move then still remain his enemies till today.

The fact is that all our politicians, both past and present are corrupt.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by akandea(m): 7:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
How can we get it right when our suppose law makers end up as law breakers? Which way Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by Trapnews: 7:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
OBJ sef undecided
Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by momoohwos(m): 7:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
Well said Baba

3 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by Integrityfarms(m): 7:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
What moral does Obj have nor integrity when the INEC was his mercenary throughout out his tenure suffocating opposition parties? Who taught politicians of today the act and art of rigging their way in, against the wish of the people?

Obj, is just a necessary evil in this nation!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by seguno2: 7:24pm On Jul 25, 2016
MasterJayJay:
The senate or house of rep should be scrapped.

What should we replace them with sir?
Must you cut off your head because you have headache?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by gokay11(m): 7:24pm On Jul 25, 2016
Shago n bugo

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by Valentinooo: 7:24pm On Jul 25, 2016
Obasanjo would have been our greatest president if not for greed.

6 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by Kennykenty(m): 7:25pm On Jul 25, 2016
Baba check yourself.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by BCJAY(f): 7:25pm On Jul 25, 2016
May God help us in this Country and put integrity in the lives of our leaders. Na wa even those we thought will walk uprightly are also alleged to be the brain behind padding it is well.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 25, 2016
kuuljay:
We know they are all thieves but when elections come they either buy us off with petty cash handouts or tell us how they are our brother in tribe religion or zones

you talk as if you are forced to sell
Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by saintkel(m): 7:25pm On Jul 25, 2016
Rogues n arm robbers got me lafin, is OBJ now a saint?
Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by Slymonster(m): 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2016
thats how they are,i hardly know who they are representing..
Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by Oasis007(m): 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2016
undecided

Haaaa!
The post makes FP and no one could alert me just a Like?!
Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by bilazego(m): 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2016
APC MAGIC .....

1. It took PDP 16 years to make a dollar = N197, but it took APC just 1 year to make a dollar N350.. ...
2 It took PDP 16 years to destroy Nigeria, but it took APC just 1 year to massacre, dismantle, kill and bury Nigeria. ...
3. It took PDP 16 years to make fuel price N87/ litre, kerosene at N100/litre and diesel at N115/litre. But it took APC 1 year to make petrol N145/litre, kerosene at N210/litre and diesel at N300/litre.
4. It took PDP 16 years to make Nigeria corrupt, but it took APC just 1 year to make Nigeria Fantastically corrupt.
5)It took PDP 16 years to keep the price of rice at N7,000 per bag, but took APC 1 year to project it to N18,000 per bag.
6) It took Jonathan 5yrs to travel to 15 countries, but it took Buhari 1 year to travel to 30 countries.
7)It took PDP 16years to apply resounding economic policies that made banks grow, but took APC 1 year to apply policies which they beg banks not to sack more staff.
CONCLUSIVELY; I am beginning to think that while PDP is better in administration,APC is better in opposition, that's why APC is still campaigning, blaming, promising and playing opposition party despite being the Ruling party after one year.

BE READY A REVOLUTION IS COMING!!!!

Anybody to quote me wrong?

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by bayocanny: 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2016
This country is fuc.ked

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: I Have Been Vindicated – Obasanjo by MasterJayJay: 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2016
seguno2:

What should we replace them with sir?
Must you cut off your head because you have headache?
I did not say both. Either one of them should be scrapped. I think they are performing duplicate functions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ganduje: Kwankwaso Wants To Return To APC / Atiku Speaks On Why He Deleted Tweet Condemning Deborah's Killing (Video) / Chikwe Udensi Assists Accident Victims In Ohafia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.