Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

How Can a traveller Get To Benin Republic from Nigeria AnPurchase Flight Europe - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Can a traveller Get To Benin Republic from Nigeria AnPurchase Flight Europe (1667 Views)

Moving To Benin Republic From Nigeria / How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic / My Adventure To Liberec, Czech Republic from Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can a traveller Get To Benin Republic from Nigeria AnPurchase Flight Europe by Nobody: 5:43am On Oct 21, 2020
With the protest and lockdown in Lagos, how do you get out of Naija to Benin and fly to Europe from there?

Can Nigerian UBA bank account still be used in Benin?

Is Naira accepted for payment for hotels and for international airline flight tickets in Benin Republic?

How do you travel to Benin Republic international airport from Sango in Ogun state?

Any other travel tips would be highly appreciated.

Update :
I manage to get Cotonu Benin via Ogun state after couple of days . Learnt the country does not even have a functioning Airport . Luckily I was able to cross back over the border to catch my scheduled flight from Lagos around 25th Oct, as Endsars disruption did not continue for as long as I feared it would.

I took a bike to Sango, and discovered Sango-Ota express way to be one of the most terrible conditions I have ever seen an expressway to be.
After lodging a hotel overnight, I noticed the Endsars protest had reached Ogun the following morning blocking all major roads .
By evening roads reopened, so I got a car that evening to Abeokuta and lodged in a hotel there overnight.
Next morning by 5 or 6am I was at the motorpark in Abeokuta in an effort to try and beat any possible Endsars road blockades and luckily drove to Idiroko ? without sighting any protesters , only several roadblocks by people claiming to be Customs but the driver would pass through unhindered.
From Idiroko took bike to Igolo motorpark for buses to Cotonou from where a bus took me to Cotonou.
Re: How Can a traveller Get To Benin Republic from Nigeria AnPurchase Flight Europe by santakris(m): 5:54am On Oct 21, 2020
Every one wan japa. Baba self don decide.

Make me self come sit down and plan. Time don reach make I leave

They accept naira for hotels and business in Benin. Spending naira there is like spending dollars in Nigeria
Re: How Can a traveller Get To Benin Republic from Nigeria AnPurchase Flight Europe by Mozino007(m): 6:46am On Oct 21, 2020
Come to saki here in oyo state,very easy to get to ur destination.
Re: How Can a traveller Get To Benin Republic from Nigeria AnPurchase Flight Europe by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 21, 2020
santakris:
Every one wan japa. Baba self don decide.

Make me self come sit down and plan. Time don reach make I leave

They accept naira for hotels and business in Benin. Spending naira there is like spending dollars in Nigeria
Thanks for your helpful answer.
Do you know whether Nigerian banks like UBA or Access operate there and can a Nigerian bank account be operated in the Branches in Benin?
Re: How Can a traveller Get To Benin Republic from Nigeria AnPurchase Flight Europe by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 21, 2020
Mozino007:
Come to saki here in oyo state,very easy to get to ur destination.
Thanks for responding. How about Sango in Ogun state?
Re: How Can a traveller Get To Benin Republic from Nigeria AnPurchase Flight Europe by santakris(m): 11:02am On Oct 21, 2020
GenBuhari:

Thanks for your helpful answer.
Do you know whether Nigerian banks like UBA or Access operate there and can a Nigerian bank account be operated in the Branches in Benin?
UBA, EcoBank and co are there but they don't transact in Naira.
Re: How Can a traveller Get To Benin Republic from Nigeria AnPurchase Flight Europe by akoredebaba1: 6:29am On Oct 22, 2020
Pls does anyone know if etihad can fly to Benin republic?? I mean flying etihad airways from Benin republic to Abu Dhabi,UAE ....and how's their covid test there ?
Re: How Can a traveller Get To Benin Republic from Nigeria AnPurchase Flight Europe by olowococoa: 4:45pm On Oct 24, 2020
From Sango enter bus or car to Idiroko when you get there you will be approached with okada riders that will ask if you are crossing,negotiate with one of them he will carry you on his bike to Igolo where you see cars going to Cotonou. When you get to Tokpa that's the last bus stop you will carry bike to their airport they call it Europort in their language.
I don't know about their banks but,you can book for your air ticket from Naija just go and board there it's very simple and easy just make sure you don't have anything incriminating in your bag or with you.
Re: How Can a traveller Get To Benin Republic from Nigeria AnPurchase Flight Europe by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2021
Thanks. I manage to get Cotonu Benin via Ogun state after couple of days . Learnt the country does not even have a functioning Airport . Luckily I was able to cross back over the border to catch my scheduled flight from Lagos, as Endsars disruption did not continue for as long as I feared it would.

I took a bike to Sango, and discovered Sango-Ota express way to be one of the most terrible conditions I have ever seen an expressway to be.
After lodging a hotel overnight, I noticed the Endsars protest had reached Ogun the following morning blocking all major roads .
By evening roads reopened, so I got a car that evening to Abeokuta and lodged in a hotel there overnight.
Next morning by 5 or 6am I was at the motorpark in Abeokuta in an effort to try and beat any possible Endsars road blockades and luckily drove to Idiroko ? without sighting any protesters , only several roadblocks by people claiming to be Customs but the driver would pass through unhindered.
From Idiroko took bike to Igolo motorpark for buses to Cotonou from where a bus took me to Cotonou.

olowococoa:
From Sango enter bus or car to Idiroko when you get there you will be approached with okada riders that will ask if you are crossing,negotiate with one of them he will carry you on his bike to Igolo where you see cars going to Cotonou. When you get to Tokpa that's the last bus stop you will carry bike to their airport they call it Europort in their language.
I don't know about their banks but,you can book for your air ticket from Naija just go and board there it's very simple and easy just make sure you don't have anything incriminating in your bag or with you.

(1) (Reply)

Papua New Guinea Experiences And Info / Portonovo, Small But Richer Than Nigeria / Bored In Jos? Here Are Places To Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.