Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

#EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control (1191 Views)

EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi / Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki / EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by Limitednow: 5:55am On Oct 21, 2020
Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control as Army say it’s fake news

Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Lagos State governor, has described the killings of peaceful protesters by alleged men of the Nigerian Military, as coming from forces beyond his control.

The Tuesday evening attack on demonstrators at the Lekki Toll Gate has reportedly left over a dozen dead and others in critical conditions. This is coming after sponsored thugs failed to drive the protesters demanding police reforms out of the streets.

In a statement Tuesday night, the governor he will deliver a state-wide broadcast on Wednesday.

“This is the toughest night of our lives as forces beyond our direct control have moved to make dark notes in our history, but we will face it and come out stronger,” the governor said.

“I’ve just concluded visits to hospitals with victims of this unfortunate shooting incident at Lekki. It has taken me this long to make a statement because I have to prioritize the welfare of the victims of this very sad incident.

“There are currently 10 patients at the Gen Hospital, 11 at Reddington and 4 at Vedic; with mild to moderate levels of injuries while 2 are receiving intensive medical care. 3 patients have been discharged & we will continue to monitor and ensure all patients get the best care.

“As the Governor of our state, I recognize the buck stops at my table and I will work with the FG to get to the root of this unfortunate incident and stabilise all security operations to protect the lives of our residents.

“I will give a state broadcast in the morning,” he added.

Meanwhile the Twitter handle of the Nigerian Army has described the incident where live rounds were opened on protesters as fake news.

Source: https://todaypoliticsng.com/endsars-sanwo-olu-says-lekki-killings-from-forces-beyond-his-control-as-army-say-its-fake-news/
Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by AlhajiNatty(m): 5:56am On Oct 21, 2020
My friend go and nodu oche lemme hear word. Ana ako BF
Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by bigseank(m): 5:57am On Oct 21, 2020
This werey dey disguise

Forces beyond control kill you and your generation there...

Lekki protested peaceful yet, what your state sponsored thugs could not achieve you brought in men or better still thugs in camo that open fire on the three things every soldier holds dear: their countrymen, people singing the anthem and waving the nations flag.

Just prepare to leave that office in 2023
You mudered them, we wont forget.
Their Bloods are on your hands...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by Limitednow: 5:57am On Oct 21, 2020
grin
Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by Limitednow: 5:59am On Oct 21, 2020
lalasticlala, have you heard?
Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by Racoon(m): 6:01am On Oct 21, 2020
Dont worry, the same "uncontrollable forces" will also take on your family & generation.Nonsense!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by Nobody: 6:04am On Oct 21, 2020
It's bad..really bad
Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by kalu61(m): 6:04am On Oct 21, 2020
Forces beyond your control. Well, Soldiers receive order from Buhari but you will not go court free

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by Godfullsam(m): 6:06am On Oct 21, 2020
He is the Governor of Lagos State. He sworn to protect the lives and properties of the people of Lagos State.

How can he say the killing by security forces in his state is beyond his control?

What kind of leaders do we have in this country?

3 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by Johntemmy(m): 6:08am On Oct 21, 2020
9ja Politicians.. beyound your control my foot

#endsars/swat
Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by emexc11(m): 6:10am On Oct 21, 2020
This is really really sad
Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by QueenNemesis(m): 6:10am On Oct 21, 2020
There should be no reprisal attack Nigerians.
Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by inoki247: 6:10am On Oct 21, 2020
Your death will also be beyond control wen Karma hit you guys

4 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:11am On Oct 21, 2020
I really pity Sanwo-Eko. I'm sure he couldn't have ordered such senseless attack. But by ordering that curfew, he now looks like an accessory

5 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by SimplePlan34: 6:11am On Oct 21, 2020
Where is osinbajo this thin all started when he and Adeboye called out on end Sars. My point is dis was carefully oschertrated. This was definitely pre meditated and planned. ADEBOYE had never spoken out before about the govt. they wanted to use it to shake the govt dats why they did not want to change the name of the protest from EndSARS just to Bad mouth d govt. Cos lagos is every thing they are critisizing the govt about. After changes were made immediately and dey protesters still insisted on a no tactical team police I knew this was going no where. But they forgot no one plays with fire, fire will definitely burn you. My heart goes out to every that lost their lives yesterday. Few politicians just playing with the emotions of the masses to launch an attack on the govt. It was this same emotion that was used to oust Jonathan.

Let's do some critical thinking what are we accusing buhari dats is not going on in lagos state. Sanwo is another puppet. He is right it was way out of his control.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by Fahdiga(m): 6:13am On Oct 21, 2020
Ambode has been vindicated. Sanwo-olu is truly a Mad Man. If after this massacre and impotent Buhari, Mental Sanwo-olu and coward Buratai are not prosecuted in ICC then the international community has failed humanity. Buhari must go

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by tillaman(m): 6:13am On Oct 21, 2020
On Lagos soil abi Beyond your control
Smh
Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 21, 2020
Who is he trying to point finger at? The president or Tinubu..... Because those are the only uncontrollable force I can think of..... Hmm... karma will pay all of them a visit... that one nah sure thing... you can not sow maize and expect it to reap soya bean.... Lai lai...
Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by seunlayi(m): 6:23am On Oct 21, 2020
Pls, let their be calm, God has finally exposed our leaders, we can now see what they are. More killings should be avoided. Whatever will do today, let's do it decent as usual, let the world continue to justify our actions. Buhari will never disappoint me, that was why many warned those that support him and now he has done his worse. They must pay the price but not with our lives but rather with the lives of their family.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by blazepascal(m): 6:29am On Oct 21, 2020
lekki killing^ force is beyond control^ ..is this man ok at all
Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by kambili999(f): 6:34am On Oct 21, 2020
I'm highly disappointed in this individual. Would u have said these had the tables been turned to face your own children?
Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by Alwaysachick: 6:39am On Oct 21, 2020
Rubber stamp governor
Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by Sonoyom(m): 6:42am On Oct 21, 2020
Cabal governor, if you had tried to resist today's massacre you would have been given the Ambode's treatment.
Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by Maxymilliano(m): 7:20am On Oct 21, 2020
Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Lagos State governor, has described the killings of peaceful protesters by alleged men of the Nigerian Military, as coming from forces beyond his control.

It shall never be well with you and the forces that propelled the Army to shoot unharmed and peaceful protesters under the cover of darkness.

Cowards.

Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by Timtim007(f): 7:26am On Oct 21, 2020
Dear lagosians..
Thank you for standing up to evil..wicked forces
Thank you for standing up for a lot of Nigerians...

I just know that it's time to strategise...
These is an intergenerational war..I mean what do you expect from beneficiaries of the quota system?
They feel entitled to the political power in Nigeria and will not let go..even if it means they will die..
I've heard one of the old politicians say "politics is his handwork" just as learning to sew is the hand work of the tailor...

The main question is ..what can we do to take over 2023..
At least take over the national Assembly ?
We can do a lot from there..
That is the house of the people
The house that makes the laws

Let us start thinking and strategizing
My 2kobo

It is well with Nigeria
Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by WrittyWritter(f): 7:33am On Oct 21, 2020
We know it is beyond u..cause ur just a puppet being used by ur Sugar daddy...But we don't give a damn..U will not be spared angry
Re: #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu says Lekki killings from forces beyond his control by ODJ124(m): 7:34am On Oct 21, 2020
Tinubu will be blamed for this... As usual...

Thread seen...

(1) (Reply)

We Never Said Soldiers Did Not Go To The Toll Gate - Lai Mohammed / The Real Devil Is Bet Naija...... Story Of A Friend / Nnamdi Kanu Fulfilling Lucky Dube Prophesy (house Of Exile)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.