Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,743 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki (79508 Views)

Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel / NBA Condemns Lekki Killings, Sets To Begin Legal Actions Against FG, Military / IGP: Bukola Saraki Steps Down From His Chair As Senate President (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by powerfulguy: 12:15am On Oct 21, 2020
I appeal to the government to put an end to this shooting of protesters by security agents. We need to exercise great patience, restraint and compassion in handling the demands of these youth.

We must do all that is necessary to protect and engage with them on all issues. Please let the shooting stop and let fruitful dialogue commence.

Killing our young and defenceless children under any circumstances is wrong. Period. Killing our children is also killing our future as a nation. We must walk back from this. Mr. President this is what needs to be done. I appeal to you to do the right thing.

I am horrified by the use of lethal force against #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos. My heart bleeds for this country. It is sad and disheartening that this is happening. These are peaceful youth protesting to express legitimate concerns.

It is unacceptable for any Government to turn its weapons on its own young people. What has happened in Lekki tonight is nothing but a massacre.

This harrasment and extrajudicial killing of Nigerians must stop immediately and the security agents who carried out this exercise should be brought to justice. No life of any Nigerian youth taking part in a peaceful protest deserves to be taken.

This is not the Nigeria that we hope to leave for the next generation. Our young people are the future.

Dialogue is the only logical option in the current situation— not violence. Dialogue may take a longer time to work and it may appear frustrating. However, as a leading country in the comity of nations, the violent silencing of protesting youth cannot be an option.
https://twitter.com/bukolasaraki/status/1318686801901531137?s=19

160 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 21, 2020
Buhari is a disgrace

358 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by alsudan: 12:16am On Oct 21, 2020
ABS the Tyrant you once tamed is now on the loose because he now has a rubber stamp Senate led by one Pig.

341 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by QueenNemesis(m): 12:17am On Oct 21, 2020
Politicization has begun.

Tinubu should bid his presidential ambition farewell. The dream was killed the moment army opened fire on defenceless protesters in Lagos.

595 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by yerokunphilips: 12:17am On Oct 21, 2020
The only thing this government have succeeded in doing is causing pain and hardship in the land . .How to we get here as a people and as a nation ? Who do we offend ? A government that failed to address his people order the massacres of his people .

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by ODJ124(m): 12:17am On Oct 21, 2020
cry

I feel so pained and saddened by those that lost their lives.... in course of this Protest....

My prayers are with you and your family....

RIP...

Thread seen

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by ayzTIGER: 12:17am On Oct 21, 2020
The Fulanis are out there again to show their superiority over the major ethnic groups in Nigeria and make sure they remain under check. Southern Nigeria it is on you to break out of this chain with this opportunity that has presented itself or be ordered about for years to come.

217 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by BENARI: 12:18am On Oct 21, 2020
One thought I can't get out of my is this; do we really have a president in this country?

I fear for our dear country.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by Kestolove(m): 12:19am On Oct 21, 2020
"No be outside Buhari dey ee!? Crase world, na crase man bdat, animal in crase man skinning".. baba fela don talk am since 1986 for him song beast of no nation.

144 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by longetivity(m): 12:20am On Oct 21, 2020
Buhari is a KILLER

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by Minjim: 12:21am On Oct 21, 2020
I am gonna like that tweet.
Though I am not a fan of Bukola

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by pman06(m): 12:25am On Oct 21, 2020
While I see sense in what he said, but my church mind keeps saying : Birds of the same feather...

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by Young03(m): 12:27am On Oct 21, 2020
Rihanna has voiced her opinion about the shooting

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by OBUKSBAYELSA: 12:27am On Oct 21, 2020
He has fallen prey to General Sani Abacha's mistake. Too too bad, harmless youths. O no!

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by SalamRushdie: 12:30am On Oct 21, 2020
It's a massacre that has made Abacha a saint over night

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by ILoveDemMANNA: 12:31am On Oct 21, 2020
Naija youths......
WHAT TO DO FOR NOW?
I suggest that YOU back out of the protest for now.
The Nigerian youths have made their presence felt and their voices heard.
A wise performer leaves the stage when the ovation is high.
Let's not allow bad eggs to spoil our achievements so that we can successfully build on this in subsequent months and years

Peaceful protest is the way to go.
#IStandWithAPeacefulProtest

engrelvis:
l just tire for our youths.All those idiot urging dem on through Twitter r relax in d comfort of their home here or abroad. When d thin go set all of dem including our celebrities will relocate back to overseas. Na then our youths eyes go clear. I pray it doesn't come to dat
I really pray so too.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by Nazgul: 12:31am On Oct 21, 2020
Killing innocent people... buhari is a bastard

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by tot(f): 12:31am On Oct 21, 2020
Nigerian government. Lagos state government. Blood is on your hands.

That blood will not depart from you, your families and your supporters. Amen.

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by RedDoor: 12:31am On Oct 21, 2020
sad

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by DropsMic(m): 12:32am On Oct 21, 2020
Birds of a feather

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by Mayour11(m): 12:32am On Oct 21, 2020
This government has made a grave mistake.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by leisuretym: 12:32am On Oct 21, 2020
the looters generation killing us

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by Toks2008(m): 12:32am On Oct 21, 2020
A Democide Has Been Committed By The Nigeria Government

The military personnel under the command of the Nigeria Tyrannical Head of state Muhamadu Buhari and Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo Olu committed an act of premeditated democide when they shot at unarmed peaceful protesters at Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos on the 20th of October 2020 leading to casualties.

At exactly 11:49a.m the governor announced an unrealistic curfew via his tweeter handle to start in less than 5 hours, shortly after the announcement, the security cameras at the toll gate where the protesters converged were removed then at about 7 p.m the lights were turned off before the military opened fire and whilst some fired shots upwards, some fired shots to aim the protesters. A clear case of meticulously planned democide.

Covered with blood-soaked Nigeria Flag is one of the casualties.

May your Gallant Soul R.I.P. Your death and that of others will never be in vain.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by isaiahethan: 12:32am On Oct 21, 2020
longetivity:
Buhari is a KILLER

BREAKING: The @guardian, one of the largest media companies in UK has called on #EndSARS protesters to send them videos clips explaining the protest.

Send to them via WhatsApp on +447775118171.

Let's flood them clips. ✊�✊�
#EndSWAT #SideWithNigeria
#EndBadGovernanceinNIGERIA

28 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by victons(m): 12:32am On Oct 21, 2020
Let's not politicize this...

If you are planning to give up, remember the aftermath will be worse, remember all those who've lost their lives already.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by Temmy6236: 12:32am On Oct 21, 2020
I don't know the people killed, don't know any of their families, or even witnessed the scene of the incidence. But watching the scene of the incidence gave me sleepness night. How could our leaders be so wicked like this? What have we done to deserve this?

Are we wrong for raising our concerns peacefully? I'm typing with deep sorrow in my heart. RIP to the fallen heros!
As for every of our leaders who has a hand in this killing, I pray you wake up one day, in the middle of the night, drenched in the sweat of sorrow, realising that you've lost everything and everyone that has ever made you happy in life. Amen

God is watching! Karma does not sleep!

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by ILoveDemMANNA: 12:32am On Oct 21, 2020
pman06:
While I see sense in what he said, but my church mind keeps saying : Birds of the same feather...
Let us listen to the message this time and forget the messenger.
We will come for him later about all the people that died in the armed robbery incident in Ilorin few years ago.
Na turn by turn.
Now, Let's put a stop to this brutal evil happening all over our country.

WHAT TO DO FOR NOW?
I suggest that YOU back out of the protest for now.
The Nigerian youths have made their presence felt and their voices heard.
A wise performer leaves the stage when the ovation is high.
Let's not allow bad eggs to spoil our achievements so that we can successfully build on this in subsequent months and years

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by RomanianNinja: 12:32am On Oct 21, 2020
I will be at the front when Buhari, Tinubu and other monsters will be killed. One thing is sure; They must all die

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by Highesschief1: 12:33am On Oct 21, 2020
We warned you guys about buhari, we shouted but nobody listened...

Buhari is a bad market and we know a bad market when we see one..

We cant stop now.. Change strategy? yes! but please don't stop

We must leave a better country for our kids

May the souls we have lost in this struggle rest in peace.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by Gwagone: 12:33am On Oct 21, 2020
G
Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by Built2last: 12:33am On Oct 21, 2020
Buhari will pay

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki by Oluromantic: 12:33am On Oct 21, 2020
Mayour11:
This government has made a grave mistake.
A very grave one. Yesterday's mistake drew d line

32 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Spotted VP Yemi Osinbajo At An Eatery And This Happened... / Don’t Tamper With Our Winning Results – PDP / Dino Melaye Mother's Grave 'Holy Bible' (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.