Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

#EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings (1018 Views)

#EndSARS: Tinubu Justifies Use Of Force On Protesters / Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki / Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by Limitednow: 10:07am On Oct 21, 2020
Bola Tinubu, former governor of Lagos State, has reacted to the violent crackdown on peaceful protesters at Lekki Toll Gate yesterday.

The demonstrators were swooped on by suspected military personnel who open fire on them in a bid to thwart the gathering. Over dozens have reportedly lost their lives as at press time.

But speaking with Channels Television Wednesday morning, the All Progressive Congress (APC) chieftain denied involvement.

He is said to own shares in the infrastructure and reportedly ordered the removal of security cameras and switching off the street lights in the area before the soldiers struck.

“I will never, never be part of any carnage. I will never be part of that,” the former governor told the broadcast station on the telephone when contacted.

“I have no dime, no kobo investment in the tollgate.

“We are about 13 to 14 days into the protests now. Before now, I was being accused and reported to the Presidency that I was behind the protests, that I was a sponsor of the protests,” he added.

Source: https://todaypoliticsng.com/tinubu-speaks-on-lekki-killings/
Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by Amotolongbo(f): 10:10am On Oct 21, 2020
“I will never, never be part of any carnage. I will never be part of that,” the former governor told the broadcast station on the telephone when contacted.

“I have no dime, no kobo investment in the tollgate.

“We are about 13 to 14 days into the protests now. Before now, I was being accused and reported to the Presidency that I was behind the protests, that I was a sponsor of the protests,” he added.
Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by adaragbotemi: 10:11am On Oct 21, 2020
Tinubu, even Nigeria land will reject you by the time we are done with you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by Franzinni: 10:12am On Oct 21, 2020
What if all these is a ploy to cripple tinubus credibility

If they formed boko haram to cripple Jonathan who is to say they haven't planned all this to attack his personality...

Before you come for my head I don't stand with tinubu I am just thinking critically.

7 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by reubenobi(m): 10:13am On Oct 21, 2020
Useless leaders everywhere
Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by Iamgrey5(m): 10:17am On Oct 21, 2020
Of course you are always the target.

And frankly i don't like you either, but it’s illogical to say someone who was allegedly sponsoring the protest just yesterday, today ordered the Nigerian military to kill those protesters.

And it's illogical for people to claim that you they condemned to having little influence on Apc is now powerful enough to order the Nigerian military.

They obviously want blood shed in the South West and nothing more.

7 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by greensandy: 10:22am On Oct 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:

And I frankly don't like you, it’s illogical to say someone who was sponsoring the protest just yesterday today ordered the Nigerian military to kill those protesters.

And it's logical for people to claim that you they condemned to having little influence on Apc is now powerful enough to order the Nigerian military.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by Maxymilliano(m): 10:23am On Oct 21, 2020
But speaking with Channels Television Wednesday morning, the All Progressive Congress (APC) chieftain denied involvement

If you interview the devil today, he will still confidently deny is involvement in what transpired in the garden of Eden.

Sanwoolu denied claiming higher forces

Buratai denied military involvement

Tinubu is also forming saint

Who now gave orders for the cameras to be disconnected and light off to render the protesters as soft targets ?

Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by soke02(m): 10:24am On Oct 21, 2020
Must we always look for excuse to defend this killer's of a leader
Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by Danzakidakura(m): 10:29am On Oct 21, 2020
Franzinni:

If they formed boko haram to cripple Jonathan who is to say they haven't planned all this to attack his personality...

Before you come for my head I don't stand with tinubu I am just thinking critically.
Abuja will soon become violence soon and it will be too hot for Buhari, and the end we will move to capital city back to South.
Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by Judeerons32: 10:31am On Oct 21, 2020
Does he control d army?
Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by Franzinni: 10:32am On Oct 21, 2020
Danzakidakura:
Abuja will soon become violence soon and it will be too hot for Buhari, and the end we will move to capital city back to South.
he he a beg o make e no reach like that baba

But I buy the idea of taking the capital away from the north just not by any violent resolve
Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by plessis: 10:33am On Oct 21, 2020
Franzinni:

God bless you.

Few days ago, miyetti Allah accused tinubu of sponsoring the protest and it's very clear that they are after his popularity.

If there's something I like about the caliphate, it is that they use one move to eliminate several pieces.

By moving the military downwards and killing protesters, they have done 3 things.

1) Attempting to quench the protest.
2)Create disloyalty and eliminate patriotism in the hearts of the southern electorates. Right now, the yorubas have an ill-feeling towards Nigeria. They might care less about presidency.
3) This is an attempt to not only destroy tinubu's ambition. It'll be clear that they are taking the state from him when buhari declares state of emergency in Lagos if the chaos persists.

I don't like tinubu, infact, I'm shocked that out of the thousands of professors in yorubaland, they chose him as the political leader. This is just me trying to be unbiased.

7 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by nameo: 10:36am On Oct 21, 2020
Franzinni:

I also wonder why everyone on all sides are against Tinubu. I mean, Tinubu is a big part of the wicked elites that has held us back for long. But he is just a part, not the whole.

As much as am not a fan of Tinubu, i will not support his destruction except it is part of the destruction of the political elites in Nigeria. He should not be singled out.
Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by lilfrancis100(m): 10:37am On Oct 21, 2020
What exactly does he take us for We are not fools abeg
Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by Racoon(m): 10:38am On Oct 21, 2020
Keep on denying.Guess you hope to become president & lead Nigeria one day? Till then.
Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by Franzinni: 10:43am On Oct 21, 2020
nameo:

I also wonder why everyone on all sides are against Tinubu. I mean, Tinubu is a big part of the wicked elites that has held us back for long. But he is just a part, not the whole.

As much as am not a fan of Tinubu, i will not support his destruction except it is part of the destruction of the political elites in Nigeria. He should not be singled out.
well said bros .. But as we can see the name tinubu is now a bitter pill in the mouth of the world .. Will tinubu be so stupid to risk his empire by ordering bloodshed like this ..?? I mean it seams too orchestrated but what do I know ? See thugs burning everything he owns with speed ...what if after the burning it comes to light that he was innocent ... Its well bros
Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by biGwal(m): 10:52am On Oct 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:

And frankly i don't like you either, but it’s illogical to say someone who was allegedly sponsoring the protest just yesterday, today ordered the Nigerian military to kill those protesters.

And it's logical for people to claim that you they condemned to having little influence on Apc is now powerful enough to order the Nigerian military.

Couldn't have been said any better
Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by Rockyheight: 10:53am On Oct 21, 2020
[Even if that were the case, Tinubu is niot a saint. Every man will reap what is sowed.

quote author=Franzinni post=95160475]What if all these is a ploy to cripple tinubus credibility

Before you come for my head I don't stand with tinubu I am just thinking critically.[/quote]
Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by Franzinni: 11:02am On Oct 21, 2020
Rockyheight:
[Even if that were the case, Tinubu is niot a saint. Every man will reap what is sowed.

quote author=Franzinni post=95160475]What if all these is a ploy to cripple tinubus credibility

if he was your father can you swear you will hold the same view ? Be honest bro.
Re: #EndSARS: Tinubu speaks on Lekki killings by Rhapsodia: 12:09pm On Oct 21, 2020
Okay

Anyways, Tinubu, your presidential ambition have been nailed to the coffin after yesterday shootings.

Congratulations to you for giving us Buhari as a president.

(1) (Reply)

NGO Threaten To Burn And Lynch Amnesty International If They Don't Leave Nigeria / Before It Is Too Late: Kalu Reacts To Eastern Security Network / 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.