Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,732 members, 7,813,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu (1690 Views)

No Student Will Drop Out Again, Says Tinubu / Oyigbo : How The Carnage Started-Warning Graphic content / Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:15am On Oct 21, 2020
All Progressives Congress chieftain, Bola Tinubu , says he will never be part of any carnage .
Tinubu was reacting to Tuesday night attack which saw security forces open fire on #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki tollgate area of Lagos State .
The former Lagos State governor spoke on Wednesday morning in a telephone interview with Channels Television monitored by The PUNCH.
He condemned the action allegedly perpetrated by the Nigerian Army, saying, “ Why will they use live bullets?
“ I will never , never be part of any carnage . I will never be part of that . ”
Tinubu also denied having any investment in the Lekki Concession Company, the firm which manages the tollgate.
“ I have no dime , no kobo investment in the tollgate ,” he said .
Continuing , the APC chieftain said , “ We are about 13 to 14 days into the protests now. Before now, I was being accused and reported to the Presidency that I was behind the protests, that I was a sponsor of the protests .”
Tinubu said he refuted the allegations and “ appealed to the youths ” and Governor Babajide Sanwo- Olu to respond to the demands of the protesters .
“ That was why he (Sanwo -Olu ) set up the Judicial Commission of Inquiry. The governor has gone to the home of one of the victims to appeal to them.
“ He has put N200m together as part of restitution and compensation for those attacked .”

Tragedy struck when security operatives, in a bid to disperse #EndSARS protesters, reportedly opened fire on the teeming youths at the Lekki tollgate around 7pm on Tuesday .
No fewer than seven persons have been reported dead while about 30 injured youths are currently receiving treatments at different hospitals in the Lekki area .
#EndSARS protesters have been demonstrating against police brutality and extrajudicial killings at the Lekki tollgate for over a week.
Similar demonstrations have been staged in different parts of the state and the country .
However , hoodlums had hijacked the #EndSARS campaign in some cities, wreaked havoc on citizens and vandalised public assets in Lagos, Benin , Abuja , Jos , Ekiti, Akure , Ibadan , amongst others.
At least three police stations and three banks were torched by hoodlums in Lagos on Tuesday .
The state governor , Babajide Sanwo- Olu , had imposed a 24- hour curfew to stem the tide of the growing violence.
Tuesday night attack has been condemned locally and internationally .

source: https://punchng.com/lekki-i-will-never-be-part-of-any-carnage-says-tinubu/

Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by Mcreloaded(m): 10:18am On Oct 21, 2020
What's the way forward or do I ask what's the way back ward.

Should we abandoned the fight mid way or should the youths surge ahead for a better Nigeria.

WE MOVE

2 Likes

Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by olukaygold(m): 10:32am On Oct 21, 2020
Enough is Enough Youth. Let Peace reign
Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by nairavsdollars(f): 10:33am On Oct 21, 2020
When we ask you to speak on restructuring, you kept quiet all this while because of 2023 presidency

2 Likes

Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by Racoon(m): 10:33am On Oct 21, 2020
“The intent of the organisers of the protests is to achieve stated objectives on police reform, which the government has in principle accepted. It can certainly not be their motive to cause generalised anarchy or effect regime change.

“If they give the impression that that is their goal, then any government will necessarily have to act with the requisite decisiveness and force to restore law and order and preserve constitutional rule.

“However, the protesters must be careful not to set the stage for the erosion or destruction of the same democratic process that gives them the freedom and right to protest in the first place.
http://saharareporters.com/2020/10/20/endsars-ex-lagos-governor-tinubu-justifies-use-force-peaceful-protesters-president
Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by SmartProf(m): 10:33am On Oct 21, 2020
olukaygold:
Enough is Enough Youth. Let Peace reign
It's easy to say this if your loved ones weren't killed in the mindless killings around the nation.

1 Like

Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by seunmsg(m): 10:34am On Oct 21, 2020
Tinubu is in a very unfortunate situation right now. Nothing he says is going to make sense to those baying for his blood Considering the enormous fake news that opponents have put out against him.

Emotions are high right now and it’s quite understandable. Hopefully, the situation will be quickly brought under control. We can’t afford further escalation of violence.

1 Like

Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:35am On Oct 21, 2020
How can he be involved?
Does he control the army?
He only controls thugs and minions
Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by alsudan: 10:35am On Oct 21, 2020
Useless Coward!

1 Like

Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by Luckydubby7(m): 10:54am On Oct 21, 2020
Ewu

1 Like

Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by ThatFairGuy1: 10:56am On Oct 21, 2020
Racoon:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/10/20/endsars-ex-lagos-governor-tinubu-justifies-use-force-peaceful-protesters-president
THIS IS A GREAT ENEMY OF YORUBAS IN THIS FORUM. HE'S SILENT CHARACTER ASSASSINATOR.

ALL BECAUSE OF IGBO'S PRESIDENCY IN 2023.
Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by dapsoneh: 10:57am On Oct 21, 2020
I totally condemn the attacks on the peacefully protesting youths at the Leki toll gate yesterday. However, some pertinent questions must be answered.
What if Tinubu was responsible for the mayhem?
What if it was political manipulations to end Tinubu's reign in Lagos?
What if it was directed at taking Lagos by force in 2023?
What if Tinubu did not have a hand in the killings?
What if Buhari ordered the Army to shoot knowingfully well that Army will never get involved in issues like this except an order is given?
What if some , what if....so many questions need to be answered
#themonstersyoumade
Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by ThatFairGuy1: 10:59am On Oct 21, 2020
seunmsg:
Tinubu is in a very unfortunate situation right now. Nothing he says is going to make sense to those baying for his blood Considering the enormous fake news that opponents have put out against him.

Emotions are high right now and it’s quite understandable. Hopefully, the situation will be quickly brought under control. We can’t afford further escalation of violence.
WE UNDERSTAND IGBOS GIMMICKS FOR THE INCITEMENT AGAINST TINUBU AND THE DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTIES IN LAGOS.

IS TINUBU THE PRESIDENT?
COULD HE HAVE ORDERED ARMY WHEN HE'S NOT COMMANDER OF THE ARMED FORCES?

YORUBAS, IF OUR LAND IS DESTROYED AS THE IGBOS WANTS, YOU'LL RESORT TO OTHER REGION FOR SURVIVAL. CONTINUE JOINING THEM UNSUSPECTINGLY WITH THEIR OWN HIDDEN AGENDA.
YOUR EYES WILL CLEAR.

THEY WANTS TINUBU, A THIEF DEAD AND OBI, UZOR KALU, OKOROCHA, EKWEREMADU, ABARIBE THE SAINTS LIVES
Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by hegelian: 10:59am On Oct 21, 2020
seunmsg:

after you supported the army for the killings abi, now you are talking soft and diplomatic..karma will visit you all, start talking soft because your lord and saviour is talking soft

1 Like

Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by seunmsg(m): 11:03am On Oct 21, 2020
hegelian:

after you supported the army for the killings abi, now you are talking soft and diplomatic..karma will visit you all, start talking soft because your lord and saviour is talking soft

Can you show just one post where I supported the killings? Why do you people take so much joy in lying?

1 Like

Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by mike8804: 11:03am On Oct 21, 2020
until Nigeria youths start doing this, Nigeria can never be ok. you support evil to kill people that pay taxes and vote for yoi

1 Like

Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by olukaygold(m): 11:06am On Oct 21, 2020
SmartProf:

It's easy to say this if your loved ones weren't killed in the mindless killings around the nation.
Two wrongs can not make a right bruh
Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by Chiedu4Trump: 11:12am On Oct 21, 2020
who ordered the removal of camera's?
Tinubu Ordered them to take down the camera's which means the shooting were premediated

Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 21, 2020
Tinubu, nah you give us this useless GMB.

1 Like

Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 21, 2020
Recounting moments when calm air turned to sounds of gun thuds in Nigeria. Surely, 20.10.20 will forever be on our minds.

Fellow Nigerian youths, I write to you today, not as a tired youth but as a warrior who understands how to run to fight another day.

Let it be known that we got outsmarted. We ain't failures yet until we lose the WILL TO FIGHT. Hence, we must live to fight another day.

To this effect, I propose to you we re-strategize

We failed to understand how divided we are as Nigerian youths.

The effects of illiteracy amongst Nigerian youths played it effects.

Why the protest was highjacked can be associated with the fact that WE HAVE NO LEADERS, NO PLATFORM TO DISCUSS OUR MODE OF FORMATION. I ask, who go to a war without proper plans?

We ain't failures yet.

We need to re-strategize.

Note that this movement is bigger than you and I, our stance in the last couple of weeks will send chills and echos of 'vibrant youths' to the coming generations.

As an independent reporter, I went round Ibadan metropolis yesterday, I saw first-hand how some youths took to the streets to cause mayhem, they misinterpreted our movement as the normal "we no go gree" protests. I can't blame them. We couldn't harness our thoughts with theirs.

We had no time to carry them along, knowing fully well they lacked our level of understanding of the protests. It's never too late to re-strategize.

Roaming Ibadan yesterday, having interviews with concerned youths. I realized something cogent... WE ARE NOT UNITED AS NIGERIAN YOUTHS. Check live interviews on my page to see how our diversity is playing out in our numerous points of view. No one goes to a war with a divided house?

I got beaten yesterday by same youths we claim to be United. They blocked the road, sat on a major road while smoking marijuana and drinking alcohol. I dropped from the bike conveying me around to plead with them to please show people more reasons to join us by conducting themselves, but I was rather beaten blue-black for disturbing their version of protest. This is how badly divided we are.

You may want to check my posts from last year, I addressed Omoyele Sowore to please go about his agitations then in a civil way, in a way that can allow other youths resonate well with him. I proposed we first organize a secured internet platform for our meetings.... But �

I pray for the souls of our murdered comrades to rest in perfect peace. For them, we ain't backing down. We move....

But differently now.

Since we don't have a leader yet, I Abiodun Itunu AKA Drabeey assume the position of an emergency Public relations officer to the #EndSars protest. (This tenure of this position will end immediately you are done reading this)

As an acting National PRO, I hereby propose that...

1. #EndSars protests be stopped for 3days. To take effects from 21.10.20 - 24.10.20.... So that we can achieve the following

2. I nominate Ebunoluwa Dunamis AKA Burna Boy as the Emergency Leader of #EndSARS and other protests. I believe in the Fela's image he harbours.

3. I propose Burna Boy with immediate effect select his national working commitee from the nominations of youths from their various internet platforms, using the #InominateNigeria for their nominations.

4. This National working commitee will with immediate effect work to create an Internet platform for our meetings.

The platform will serve as a meeting point to discuss way forward developments

Youths will be grouped into sections to discuss developments from their local government.

Selection of leaders to hold protests in their states.

Share and comment to add your views.

Aluta continua, Victoria ascerta ✊�

Signed
Abiodun Itunu (Emergency PRO of #EndSars protest)
Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by GeneralStan(m): 11:16am On Oct 21, 2020
Violence will be met with Violence!!!
Terror will be met with Terror!!!
Blood will beget Blood!!!
Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by crackhaus: 11:19am On Oct 21, 2020
Everytime I hear this man speak, or read something he said, I don't know why but it always feels like someone is rubbing iron against concrete inside my ears.

1 Like

Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by RenaissanceGuy: 11:25am On Oct 21, 2020
You did when you gave that speech yesterday that the govt could be forced to use force.
This man doesn't know what has hit him. His stranglehold and choke hold over Lagos is coming to an end.
Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by DennisEche(m): 11:28am On Oct 21, 2020
TOO LATE, THE ROLE YOU PLAYED IN PACKAGING THIS DEMON CALLED PMB WILL HUNT YOU
Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by KunleyY19(m): 11:28am On Oct 21, 2020
The economy of Lagos will eventually be grounded from being overstretched already by Covid to now... Burning BRT buses and this is a big setback already. I am not sure if Lagos will bounce back well...
Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by Rhapsodia: 12:12pm On Oct 21, 2020
Okay cheesy

But u are the leader of the Democrats that gave Buhari to Nigerians...or have you forgotten?!
Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by NaijaRoyalty(m): 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2020
seunmsg:

Can you show just one post where I supported the killings? Why do you people take so much joy in lying?

So you've backtracked right ?

We told you tinubu asslixkers that should the useless buhari and tinubu unleash terror on the protesters, we would bring this hell hole to her kneels but you abused us .

We are tired of bad governance

Anywhere tinubu is sighted, he will pay with his blood .
Re: Lekki: I Will Never Be Part Of Any Carnage, Says Tinubu by EzeCanada: 12:55pm On Oct 21, 2020
Arrant Nonsense. As if you care?

What's the difference between the lives distroyed by your Lagos tout system in coordination with MC Olumo as against the lives smoked out by the Nigerian military.

If I were you I will be seeking to making amends with my creator paraventiure he forgives and delivers me because I don't see you escaping this. Your cup is full!

(1) (Reply)

Youth Democratic Party Is Dead On Arrival / The Best Type Of Guns Our States And Regional Security Groups Need To Have / Uche Mefor Drags Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.