Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,527 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) (25358 Views)

UN Urges Investigation Into Shooting Of Peaceful Protesters At Lekki / Buhari Hosted By Justin Welby, Archbishop Of Canterbury In London (photos) / Atiku Meets The Archbishop Of Canterbury, Justin Welby (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by IamSalt: 1:33pm On Oct 21, 2020
His condemnation follows series of coordinated attacks across the country by thugs and security operatives on citizens.

Justin Welby, the Archbishop of Canterbury, has condemned the killing of peaceful protesters in Lekki, Lagos, and other parts of the country.

His condemnation follows series of coordinated attacks across the country by thugs and security operatives on citizens.

In a post on Twitter, Welby said, “I condemn in the strongest terms the reported deliberate shooting of unarmed protesters in #Lagos and other parts of #Nigeria. 

“I have urged President @MBuhari directly to ensure that lives are protected - and I say that again now. 

“I mourn for Nigeria. May God save Nigeria.”

http://saharareporters.com/2020/10/21/archbishop-canterbury-condemns-killing-peaceful-protesters-nigeria

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by thesicilian: 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2020
''The shot heard around the world'' started the series of events that subsequently led to the creation of the USA. Could this be the catalyst that finally gives us the Nigeria of our dreams?

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by zoedew: 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2020
Only when it came down to killing in #endsars protests do we get to hear his voice. When Christians got targeted and killed in the North of Nigeria it remains to be heard what he said!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by BruncleZuma: 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2020
Shey him partner in crime nah president, make him call am nah?

7 Likes

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by QueenEstherh(f): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2020
G
O
D

P
L
S

H
E
L
P

U
S

9 Likes

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by EmekaMD(m): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2020
Buhari is a bad boy.

On a serious note.. Tinubu is still hiding in France.

One thing Buhari presidency can teach us is that we must never elect again any leader that sees himself as more powerful than the people.

This is a clarion call the end Tinubus presidential ambitions before he even get started..

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by flemsy15(m): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2020
Please for anyone who is saying that the victims didn't obey the curfew imposed by the government, shooting and killing have never been the punishment for disobeying curfews.

89 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by mayskit4luv(m): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2020
It's too late already.

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2020
Let the land be healed

4 Likes

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by lacis: 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2020
amen dady
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by kochila(m): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2020
This is disheartening cry
What's keeping PMB from addressing this mayhem in the country?
Until thousands die undecided
The man is Harden and loves blood sharing

7 Likes

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by Healthsco20: 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2020
angry
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by Sunnycliff(m): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2020
The whole world is seeing the genocide against armless youths.

Thank you Buhari. You did well. Continue killing us. Our only mistake was just demanding for an #Endbadgovernance

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by jericco1(m): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2020
And Babajide Sanwoolu said no one died
What a rancid and malodorous democracy angry cry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by Mayng01(m): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2020
So help us God
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by oloriLFC(f): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2020
Buhari is deaf, dumb and blind.

6 Likes

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by Enoch07: 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2020
abeg na buhari voice I wan hear, abi the cow never hear wetin dey happen for this jungle?

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by thesilentman(m): 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2020
Anything To Way Forward
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by YorubaKinging: 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2020
The end is near

There is war coming

It will be between north and south

Europe will support the northerners and lay waste to some south west states

Lagos will not escape, it will be desolate, without men

But that time, the salvation of Yoruba will come

Make Judah great again

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by superCleanworks(m): 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2020
Dear Nigerians,
it seems we are on our own.

we are now on the front page of the bad news section of the same
newspaper and TV where Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Syria and Egypt used to be in years ago.

I hope this bad dream does not turn to a nightmare before
the Nigerian government wakes up

10 Likes

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by Gidangyarah: 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2020
This is unacceptable and Government should be seen to do more to avert these senseless / needless killings. Enough is enough, I beg.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by DoctorDree(m): 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2020
Even the nation is condemned
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by guychidile: 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2020
Tell the queen and the british PM
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by sylve11: 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2020
Just worried about the coming days. I wish things didn't go this way. I can't see what's to come but i want to kill the instinct my thought is processing. It shall be well once again, it's just a wish and i hope it's granted by The Almighty. May GOD Heal the land. sad cool

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by hammerP: 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2020
BRITISH GOVERNMENT IS OUR NUMBER ONE PROBLEM, THEY STILL THINK NIGERIA IS A COLONY.

NOTICE TINUBU STARTED TALKING NONSENSE , AS SOON AS THE BRITISH CRIMINALS AND THEIF VISITED HIM.

U DONT UNDERSTAND BRIATIN IS USING FULANI TO STEAL OUR RESOURCES.

IN CRIMINAL LAW IT IS CALLED, JOINT ENTERPRISE.

BOTH FULANI AND BRITAIN ARE INVADERS AND COLONISERS.

THEY ARE FOREIGNERS.

WE MUST TAKE OUR COUNTRY AND CHASE THEM AWAY NEVER TO RETURN.

WE JUST LOST SOME OF OUR VOICES TONIGHT, SOME OF US FRIENDS, SOME OF OUR BROTHERS, SISTER, MOTHER, FATHER AND CHILDREN.

WE CANNOT ALLOW FULANI AND BRIATIN TO GO SCOT FREE.

7 Likes

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by letristian: 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2020
The British subjected us to all these
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by BestMan001: 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2020
We want President TRUMP to react

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by BDesignNation3(m): 2:12pm On Oct 21, 2020
Government has failed us

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by adekanmbi1986(m): 2:12pm On Oct 21, 2020
H
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by Asquare84(m): 2:12pm On Oct 21, 2020
Jobless youths
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by Gidangyarah: 2:12pm On Oct 21, 2020
chuksbaby:
Let the land be healed

NTA no dey try at all.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) by abike12(f): 2:12pm On Oct 21, 2020
God save Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola / NBC Gives Arise TV Final Warning Over Use Of Derogatory Remarks / U-n-b-e-l-i-e-v-a-b-l-e!!! Obasanjo Is An Igbo Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.