Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN (2864 Views)

Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN / Acute Hunger Looming In Northern Nigeria - UN's FAO / We’re Ready - Babajide Sanwo-Olu (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by IamSalt: 2:37pm On Oct 21, 2020
The United Nations (UN) has reacted to recent developments in Nigeria.

Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, reiterated that the UN is ready to support national efforts towards finding a solution.

In a statement on Wednesday, he called for an end to reported police brutality and abuses.

There have been widespread violence in Lagos and other states since the End SARS protests began.

Guterres condemned the violent escalation on Tuesday in Lekki.

Gunshots from Nigerian Army troops resulted in deaths and caused many injuries.

The UN chief expressed his condolences to the bereaved families and wished a speedy recovery to those injured.

He urged the Nigerian authorities to investigate all incidents and hold the perpetrators accountable.

Guterres told security forces to act at all times with maximum restraint while calling on protestors to demonstrate peacefully and to refrain from violence.

The Secretary-General encouraged the authorities to swiftly explore avenues to de-escalate the situation.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/10/21/end-sars-were-ready-to-support-nigeria-un/

Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by Epstein(m): 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2020
Enter nah....we dey wait UNa

1 Like

Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2020
grin .. Uncle UN, don't bother. Nigeria, under the able leadership of President Mohammadu Buhari, is capable of resolving the crisis...

For now, President Mohammadu Buhari is giving the benefit of the doubt to the governors to resolve the issues in their various states. It's only when they fail, that Baba will interfere..

Trust me, once Baba is involved, all those baby hoodlums, disturbing the peace of Nigeria, will be flushed out like the shit that they are.

So rather than disturbing itself about Nigeria, I strongly urge the UN to get more trash cans that will receive the loads of petitions that will soon be dumped on its table, by the evil forces of Nigeria, after they've been dealt with by the law.

President Mohammadu Buhari just dey look them.. Soon, they'll all feel the weight of the Commander in Chief.

Nigeria must be great, whether the enemies of Nigeria like it or not.

Long live Nigeria!

7 Likes

Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by Baawaa(m): 2:39pm On Oct 21, 2020
Our politicians will not like this
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by sapientia(m): 2:40pm On Oct 21, 2020
Lip service

Same way you helped Syria, Sudan, Libya, Iraq

1 Like

Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by ODJ124(m): 2:40pm On Oct 21, 2020
we are waiting..... hope u won't turn our country to the state of Libya... else the Russians will be invited ...to stop the invasion..

Thread seen...
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by GeneralStan(m): 2:40pm On Oct 21, 2020
Ok o
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by Darkpanthera: 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2020
Okay

1 Share

Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by helinues: 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2020
What have you done about Belarus protest? Armenia and Azerbaijan fighting?

3 Likes

Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by Benesis: 2:42pm On Oct 21, 2020
Dey are sayin they should act eith maximum restraint.

I told y all that UN won't do shit
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by macolino(m): 2:42pm On Oct 21, 2020
They should act fast and break this country into two...
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by icebird25(m): 2:44pm On Oct 21, 2020
ODJ124:
we are waiting..... hope u won't turn our country to the state of Libya... else the Russians will be invited ...to stop the invasion..

Thread seen...

Atleast the Chinese can help too ... the state we are now.. there's no way we can pay back their loan o..but as far I'm concerned me and my boys in our HK will keep bombing them till we collect all their money and use it to repay the loan they gave us
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by superior1: 2:47pm On Oct 21, 2020
UN never soro soke

This is gibberish nothingness by a clueless diplomat.
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by domopps(m): 2:51pm On Oct 21, 2020
Anyways its rather not too late ....just do us a favour by involving ICC ....

#endSARS
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by ODJ124(m): 2:51pm On Oct 21, 2020
icebird25:

Atleast the Chinese can help too ... the state we are now.. there's no way we can pay back their loan o..but as far I'm concerned me and my boys in our HK will keep bombing them till we collect all their money and use it to repay the loan they gave us

bombing is not good..
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by ShobayoEmma(m): 2:54pm On Oct 21, 2020
Depressed and pained. Never thought they were this capable.
From now on, it is a just cause.
# endsars .
# endpolicebrutality .
# endarmybrutality .
# endrhisregime.
# restructure now.
Buhari, a good man with evil intentions.
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by ShobayoEmma(m): 2:54pm On Oct 21, 2020
Depressed and pained. Never thought they were this capable.
From now on, it is a just cause.
# endsars .
# endpolicebrutality .
# endarmybrutality .
# endrhisregime.
# restructure now.
Buhari, a good man with evil intentions.
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by Kestolove(m): 2:57pm On Oct 21, 2020
China HV even bought the country
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by icebird25(m): 2:57pm On Oct 21, 2020
ODJ124:

bombing is not good..

Your brain is full of relaxer
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by deboysben(m): 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2020
UN all we need now is to order the arrest of buhari. Let him face the crimes and attrocities he has commited.
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by Ogonimilitant(m): 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2020
ok
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by ThatFairGuy1: 3:03pm On Oct 21, 2020
WE WANT TO KNOW.
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by byinks(f): 3:08pm On Oct 21, 2020
With vaccine, microchip, digital currency....
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by sammysmiles(m): 3:08pm On Oct 21, 2020
What kind of support? We want to know...
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by naija4life247: 3:08pm On Oct 21, 2020
Is that all? Is that all this bad society can say? UN is mad. Tell UN that I said so.
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by Jack500: 3:11pm On Oct 21, 2020
Nonsense and UN
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by hargbolahan01: 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2020
SilverNorGold:
grin .. Uncle UN, don't bother. Nigeria, under the able leadership of President Mohammadu Buhari, is capable of resolving the crisis...

For now, President Mohammadu Buhari is giving the benefit of the doubt to the governors to resolve the issues in their various states. It's only when they fail, that Baba will interfere..

Trust me, once Baba is involved, all those baby hoodlums, disturbing the peace of Nigeria, will be flushed out like the shit that they are.

So rather than disturbing itself about Nigeria, I strongly urge the UN to get more trash cans that will receive the loads of petitions that will soon be dumped on its table, by the evil forces of Nigeria, after they've been dealt with by the law.

President Mohammadu Buhari just dey look them.. Soon, they'll all feel the weight of the Commander in Chief.

Long live Nigeria!
and for all the people that sent soldiers to kill protesters at lekki yesterday....they and their supporters will never know peace in all their generations to come

1 Like

Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by WhizdomXX(m): 3:25pm On Oct 21, 2020
Please support us by extraditing all our bad, evil leaders to face Justice at ICC. The Nigerian court is heavily compromised. Justice is losing daily!!!
NIGERIA MUST BE GREAT AGAIN.GOD BLESS US
#endsars #endfailedleaders! #restructuringnow!
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by bishop4life(m): 3:40pm On Oct 21, 2020
only the deluded will believe this shit.
Re: End SARS: We’re Ready To Support Nigeria – UN by Daniel058(m): 4:42pm On Oct 21, 2020
cry

SilverNorGold:

Long live Nigeria!

When we say that aren't the same with these people, some people won't agree.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Hate Nnamdi Kanu Of Ipob and his ESN. / A Warning To The Ndi Igbo. From An Ikwerre Brother / From Jungle Feeling To London Feeling In The Same Nigeria. Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.