Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Will You Look For A Job Slot To Buy With 500k-700k Or Invest In Business - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Will You Look For A Job Slot To Buy With 500k-700k Or Invest In Business (1313 Views)

Who Has Job Slot for Sale / Any Business Idea I Can Start With 500k? / Get 1million Naira For NSCDC /Federal agency job slot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Look For A Job Slot To Buy With 500k-700k Or Invest In Business by Niceguyyy: 6:44am On Oct 22, 2020
Getting a good job after graduation has become one of the toughest challenge for lots of graduate without connection in this country(anyway God Almighty is our connection).

I learnt people pay chunk of non-refundable amount of cash to buy slots but this is scary, for some of us not born with a silver spoon, but in the case of my cousin brother, he is a hustler and just lost his job due to the pandemic.

He solicited for my advise and I am also confused on what to advise, a new business takes 1-2years to pick up and moreover he has no business experience, how true is it that one can get a sure job slot for 700k.

Please your honest advice and contribution needed, thanks.
Re: Will You Look For A Job Slot To Buy With 500k-700k Or Invest In Business by ReactGA: 7:10am On Oct 22, 2020
With my little experience, I would say it depends on a lot of factors.

For the job,

* How certain is getting the job after buying the slot?
* What type of job fed. govt. Job, state govt. Or big privately owned company job?
* What is the salary or rather how long would it take for the salary to reach that 700k?

For the business
* what type of business is he going to do?
* how feasible is it in the market?
* what growth potential does the business have?

For both
* is your cousin trying to settle soon or already married in other words does he have people to feed, cloth etc

There are tons of other questions
but my advise is if your cousin isn't married of planning to anytime soon, just go for the business except the salary of the job would cover the 700k in 2 (or maybe 3) months.

One can always manage himself with the little he has till business boom whereby you'll have your time, permanent job and greatest of all, be your own boss.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Look For A Job Slot To Buy With 500k-700k Or Invest In Business by Ibrahim94(m): 7:28am On Oct 22, 2020
If it's an agency job in Federal government and the slot is very genuine, I won't think twice in paying 500k to 700k to get it. But depends on individual wants.

1 Like

Re: Will You Look For A Job Slot To Buy With 500k-700k Or Invest In Business by Skyfornia(m): 7:37am On Oct 22, 2020
Ibrahim94:
If it's an agency job in Federal government and the slot is very genuine, I won't think twice in paying 500k to 700k to get it. But depends on individual wants.

God forbid!! I'll never do that...give me 700k and in two years, I'll be making net profit of more than 150k monthly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will You Look For A Job Slot To Buy With 500k-700k Or Invest In Business by Niceguyyy: 7:40am On Oct 22, 2020
ReactGA:
With my little experience, I would say it depends on a lot of factors.

For the job,

* How certain is getting the job after buying the slot?
* What type of job fed. govt. Job, state govt. Or big privately owned company job?
* What is the salary or rather how long would it take for the salary to reach that 700k?

For the business
* what type of business is he going to do?
* how feasible is it in the market?
* what growth potential does the business have?

For both
* is your cousin trying to settle soon or already married in other words does he have people to feed, cloth etc

There are tons of other questions
but my advise is if your cousin isn't married of planning to anytime soon, just go for the business except the salary of the job would cover the 700k in 2 (or maybe 3) months.

One can always manage himself with the little he has till business boom whereby you'll have your time, permanent job and greatest of all, be your own boss.
Thanks for your input, he is a young man in his late twenties, an orphan with no one to take responsibility of his feeding, accommodation and other responsibilities, he is also single and not married with kids yet, has no experience in business or any skill.
Re: Will You Look For A Job Slot To Buy With 500k-700k Or Invest In Business by Niceguyyy: 8:10am On Oct 22, 2020
Skyfornia:

God forbid!! I'll never do that...give me 700k and in two years, I'll be making net profit of more than 150k monthly.
Possibly you have an already existing business that pays well, but honestly I like your spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Look For A Job Slot To Buy With 500k-700k Or Invest In Business by Skyfornia(m): 8:16am On Oct 22, 2020
Niceguyyy:

Possibly you have an already existing business that pays well, but honestly I like your spirit.

I did exactly that in 2018.. ventured into a business I knew nothing about and in two years..I started making net profit of the amount I mentioned.
Re: Will You Look For A Job Slot To Buy With 500k-700k Or Invest In Business by ReactGA: 8:17am On Oct 22, 2020
Niceguyyy:

Thanks for your input, he is a young man in his late twenties, an orphan with no one to take responsibility of his feeding, accommodation and other responsibilities, he is also single and not married with kids yet, has no experience in business or any skill.

Due to his current conditions I might say the slot might be a better option provided the job is really worth it (salary wise) and the slot is very very genuine.

But if he can manage accommodation with someone, business may be better provided all business parameters are met (technical know of that business nature, market feasibility, growth rate etc)

3 Likes

Re: Will You Look For A Job Slot To Buy With 500k-700k Or Invest In Business by Heryormilekan(m): 8:30am On Oct 22, 2020
Good morning Op,

In my own opinion, I will advice him to buy the job provided is a federal job for job security purposes and he must also have residual in account just in case things go south (GOD forbid), but if he has other means of learning a business his personate about, believe me that's the best way to go.

4 Likes

Re: Will You Look For A Job Slot To Buy With 500k-700k Or Invest In Business by Ibrahim94(m): 9:16am On Oct 22, 2020
Heryormilekan:
Good morning Op,

In my own opinion, I will advice him to buy the job provided is a federal job for job security purposes and he must also have residual in account just in case things go south (GOD forbid), but if he has others means of learning a business his personate about, believe me that's the best way to go.

Aptly! There are some agencies work that your monthly salary is minimum of 250k above for an entry level position and it will even give you time to venture into business. As I said earlier, depends on individual.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Look For A Job Slot To Buy With 500k-700k Or Invest In Business by Niceguyyy: 7:04am On Oct 23, 2020
One thing about business is that you need to know the technical know-how, have enough capital and patience, the challenge with buying job slot again is you can't tell how genuine it is, it's a 50/50 gamble.
Re: Will You Look For A Job Slot To Buy With 500k-700k Or Invest In Business by VEXT: 9:22am On Oct 23, 2020
Skyfornia:

I did exactly that in 2018.. ventured into a business I knew nothing about and in two years..I started making net profit of the amount I mentioned.
Please what business r u into?
Re: Will You Look For A Job Slot To Buy With 500k-700k Or Invest In Business by motionarena: 10:43am On Oct 23, 2020
Ibrahim94:
cry cry cry
Your case will end in premium tears

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Where To Stay In Lekki / AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship Programme 2022-2024: Call For Applications / Life Of A Banker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.