Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,796 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

#EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus (738 Views)

Osinbajo Growing Campaign: Tinubu Camp Fumes Over Buhari’s Silence / EndSARS: Buhari, Obasanjo, Jonathan, security chiefs, others in crucial meeting / Seriake Dickson Is Best Nigerian Gov. Says Secondus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by amoreobansu: 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2020
The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Uche Secondus, on Thursday, said the continued silence of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), in the face of the killings of innocent citizens and the ensuing violence was no longer golden.

Secondus said this during a media briefing at the National Headquarters of the PDP on Thursday.

He said it is sad that the President who has the responsibility of providing leadership in times of crisis has exhibited a lack of capacity.

The PDP National Chairman said “the President has so far kept mum” amidst this crisis.

According to Secondus, Nigerians, more than ever before, wants to hear the President speak to them.

He said, “Mr President please speak to Nigerians, speak to your children.”

There have been reports of widespread violence and arson in major cities like Lagos, Abuja, Ibadan, Benin, Akure, Osogbo, Jos, amongst others in the past few days.

Some hoodlums had hijacked the #EndSARS protests against police brutality and extrajudicial killings earlier in the week causing pandemonium in several parts of the country.

Several banks, police stations, shopping malls, car marts, government buildings and private establishments have been burnt.

The National Assembly leadership had also urged the President to address the nation amidst the growing unrest.

https://punchng.com/endsars-buharis-silence-no-longer-golden-says-secondus/

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by SLAP44: 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2020
Please be patient with buharri, he will talk later. As soon as most institutions are destroyed and the country DIVIDED.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by TecM0: 2:02pm On Oct 22, 2020
Buhari enjoys chaos .. he is using his silence to prolong the chaos

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by Righteousness89(m): 2:02pm On Oct 22, 2020
Your Excellency Sir, I am not one Given to Insulting or talking down on leaders and all that..

Sir! Your Silence in Face of the Fire, Destruction and Killings all over the Nation is an Indirect Invitation to Full Blown Lawlessness...

Sir! I Call on you to talk to the Nation Immediately...
Except we no Longer Have a President!!

3 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by blafulfillersck: 2:03pm On Oct 22, 2020
TecM0:
Buhari enjoys chaos .. he is using his silence to prolong the chaos

While at the same time empowering his region in order for them to overpower other regions in the name of fulslamization.....

...the quicker we understand, the better for us...

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by VirginFinder: 2:03pm On Oct 22, 2020
Re: #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by Xscape1993(m): 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2020
Do we have a president in Nigeria? I laugh in Idoma language.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by Cyberterror: 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2020
Silence is golden when fools demand you to speak. Buhari spoke at the start of the protests but PDP and the protest coordinators said he should shut up that the situation has gone beyond speaking. Now they want him to speak even with the fake news that Soldiers killed protesters in Lekki. The world is still waiting for pictures of those killed in Lekki but of course the fake news peddlers can't provide any. Buhari don't need to say anything further. As the protesters continue their harrassment and extortion of vehicle owners, looting of banks, burning of police stations, freeing prisoners, we will know if it is Buhari that will bear the consequences or the people hailing the anarchy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by blafulfillersck: 2:15pm On Oct 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
Your Excellency Sir, I am not one Given to Insulting or talking down on leaders and all that..

Sir! Your Silence in Face of the Fire, Destruction and Killings all over the Nation is an Indirect Invitation to Full Blown Lawlessness...

Sir! I Call on you to talk to the Nation Immediately...
Except we no Longer Have a President!!
instead of asking him to talk... (talk is cheap )... Why don't you ask him to do... (action speaks louder than words)...

The moment we don't pay attention to words but focuses only on desired results...the wiser we become

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by Finnese001: 2:19pm On Oct 22, 2020
Me self no understand that man
Re: #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by Righteousness89(m): 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2020
blafulfillersck:

instead of asking him to talk... (talk is cheap )... Why don't you ask him to do... (action speaks louder than words)...

The moment we don't pay attention to words but focuses only on desired results...the wiser we become

I have asked Him to talk!
What stops you from asking Him to do!

Are u not a Nigerian ?

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by secretkiller: 2:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
Cyberterror:
Silence is golden when fools demand you to speak. Buhari spoke at the start of the protests but PDP and the protest coordinators said he should shut up that the situation has gone beyond speaking. Now they want him to speak even with the fake news that Soldiers killed protesters in Lekki. The world is still waiting for pictures of those killed in Lekki but of course the fake news peddlers can't provide any. Buhari don't need to say anything further. As the protesters continue their harrassment and extortion of vehicle owners, looting of banks, burning of police stations, freeing prisoners, we will know if it is Buhari that will bear the consequences or the people hailing the anarchy.

Work are underway, for all pipelines both for gas and crude oil will be in flames in the next few hours. Let's see if Buhari will continue selling crude oil and gas.
Re: #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by Fixednaija(m): 2:27pm On Oct 22, 2020
Burna Boy house burnt down by hired thugs!

Buhari death certificate exposed!

Tompolo beat the war drum!

Watch and please kindly Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more Trending Gists...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C8wOP7bs9Y
Re: #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by jagaban002(m): 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2020
He will once Hoodlums see amd killed is son , all this police they are killing and the citizens are not is problem , as long as you don’t touch is cow .
BUHARI is a failure and I will defend it anywhere .

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by Gandollaar(f): 2:36pm On Oct 22, 2020
Cyberterror:
Mahn! You just exposed buhari for the incompetent analogue president in a 21st century that he is.

I remember vividly what someone said prior 2015, he said he was not worried about Buhari's age, but the age of his ideas!

I was filled with shocking disgust reading you, a supposedly educated man.
Re: #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by sorom4: 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2020
But I still wonder why our Commander in Chief can't speak to us whenever the nation is boiling but he will be quick to speak whenever other nations that didnt elect him have one problem or the other.

No wonder Wizkid cautioned and called him "old man".

It seems we dont matter to him...all that matters is power. Can someone tell our President to please address the nation and stop keeping quiet?
Re: #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by Rhapsodia: 2:38pm On Oct 22, 2020
Okay cheesy

You mean PresIDIOT Buhari
Re: #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by Eryyy92: 3:01pm On Oct 22, 2020
I understand Buhari very well. He's a shy guy

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by nairavsdollars(f): 3:02pm On Oct 22, 2020
Secondus finally woke up from sleep
Re: #EndSARS: Buhari’s Silence No Longer Golden, Says Secondus by Jostoman: 3:37pm On Oct 22, 2020
Cyberterror:
you are an Evil Man

(1) (Reply)

“if I See Buhari For Warri I Go B E A T Am” - @queensummie9 Vows / REVEALED: Nigerian Soldiers Involved In Lekki Massacre Took Eight Bodies To Bonn / Lagos 2023: Fashola's Man Challenges Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.