Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,821 members, 7,824,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Great Fixed Deposit Investment. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Great Fixed Deposit Investment. (1144 Views)

Fixed Deposit Investment In First Bank, Please Share Your Experience / Which Bank Has The Best Rate For Fixed Deposit Account? / Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Great Fixed Deposit Investment. by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 09, 2011
If you want great fixed deposit investment over periods 60, 90 and 180 days, please contact me.
I work for a micro-finance bank Gapbridge Microfinance Bank on the Island.
You'll be surprised at how good the interests rate are from 50k upward. Call me, 07031001670. the name is Dipo
Re: Great Fixed Deposit Investment. by Pukkah: 6:19pm On Mar 09, 2011
Why should a micro-finance bank be stretching itself to look for Fixed Deposits (FDs)? By their nature, FDs are not stable and are expensive compared to savings deposits which are cheap and stable. I consider this as not a too good sign, except you shed more light on it, as the share capital of a micro-finance bank in addition to the savings from its customers should be enough for it to trade.

I don't expect a micro-finance bank to become a giant company overnight as its growth, through its share capital, customers' savings and retained profits, happens slowly and steadily. And this is why I think a micro-finance bank should focus on its core target market - the economically active poor - and refrain from taking expensive deposits or incurring high overhead costs like having offices on the Island or procuring expensive cars for staff members. This is the practice that became, and is still, the albatross of many commercial banks in Nigeria and is not the way to go.

When all of this is combined with the fact that there is a lending ceiling for micro-finance customers since they are supposed to be 'small-timers', it becomes obvious that it is indeed not a good sign for a micro-finance to go all out to canvass for expensive funds. The advice is simple: focus on your forte and grow steadily.

Stop putting your staff members under suffocating pressure to look for fixed deposit customers. Focus your attention on the people for whom your service are meant. Stay lean in the area of operating expenses. Plough your profits back into the business and get more savings from your customers. Expand your customers' base steadily. Don't copy the commercial banks because your purpose is different. It shall be well with you.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Looking For A Business To Invest With 70% Return On Capital!!! / The Best Bitcoin Wallet App / #1 Million Reasons Why U Shd Change Your Ewallet To XAPO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.