Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign (5686 Views)

Saraki Arrives Tribunal With Two Senators (PHOTO) / Bukola Saraki Arrives Conduct Tribunal This Morning With Senators / Saraki Arrives CCT -live On Tvc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by LagosBoy1: 9:48am On Mar 09, 2011
Jubilation as Saraki arrives Ilorin for Gbemi’s campaign

NewsMar 8, 2011

Kwara State witnessed a wild jubilation Tuesday following what has been tagged the triumphant entry of the father of the state’s politics, Dr. Olusola Saraki, whose return to the state from the United State’s of America, yesterday morning, sent many to the streets in jubilation.
There have been talks within the political circle in the state that the strongman of Kwara politics would not be able to be part of the campaign of her politician daughter, Senator Gbemi Saraki believed to be the candidate to beat in the coming gubernatorial poll in April.
Beyond Senator Gbemi Saraki’s popularity and political sagacity, the support being given the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria gubernatorial candidate by her father is believed to have placed her far above other candidates in the gubernatorial race considering the influence and the political acumen of the father who has succeeded in installing successive governments in the state including the incumbent.
In what the chairman of the ACPN in Kwara, Dr. Mohammed Zubair, said demonstrated the popularity, acceptance of Dr. Olusola Saraki and his choice of Senator Gbemi Saraki as the preferred candidate for the gubernatorial seat, the Ilorin airport had been filled to capacity as early as 7:00 a.m. following information that the Second Republic Senate Leader would be arriving Ilorin.
Oloye, as he is fondly called, arrived at the airport in a private Jet at about 11:40 a.m. to the waiting hands of well wishers and political associates who later drove with him in a convoy to the city centre and had a stopover at the Emir’s palace.
The convoy could not leave the Emir, Alhaji Sulu Gambari’s palace immediately as the Waziri Ilorin had a closed door meeting with Emir after which the entourage departed the palace.
The popular and influential politician who while driving around the Ilorin metropolis waved to his admirers who were singing and shouting ‘Say Oloye, say Oloye, say Rukaya’ to him endlessly at a point during the trip had to jump up severally to put a lie to insinuations making the rounds that he was invalid or not strong enough to be part of her daughter’s campaign to enable him give the required boost.
While addressing a mamoth crowd gathered to celebrate his return with amid drumming and dancing at the Oju Ekun area of the town, Dr Saraki enjoined citizens of the state to vote enmasse for the candidates of the ACPN contesting the governorship, Senatorial, House of Representatives, and the House of Assembly seats.
The waziri of Ilorin revealed that he was back for good to actively participate in the campaign of Gbemi Saraki and also canvass for votes for other contestants flying the banner of the ACPN.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/jubilation-as-saraki-arrives-ilorin-for-gbemis-campaign/
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by floriana(m): 1:16pm On Mar 09, 2011
Am very ashamed of Kwara people. They are moronic and should be enslaved forever.
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by Ikwikwikwi(m): 1:23pm On Mar 09, 2011
these 'AWUFU' dey run bele people. Cant you people for once say 'I dont want' and do the right thing. Must you and your generations remain slaves to the Sarakis'.
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by bisiaet: 1:50pm On Mar 09, 2011
these 'AWUFU' dey run bele people. Cant you people for once say 'I dont want' and do the right thing. Must you and your generations remain slaves to the Sarakis'.

You are right.

I seriously wonder if there are educated people in that state because this is an act of embarrassement and a slap to the face of the indigenes of that state Iam so so ashame of these people to be honest. How on earth could they be celebrating Slavery in their own land? So kwara state is now Saraki Kwara State Ltd it is a shame.
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by baymart247(m): 2:03pm On Mar 09, 2011
God knows that he will not succeed this time. We are tired of someone calling himself a God-father: for what? Kwarans should stand up to them and choose a leader and a leader should not be chosen for them. Vote wisely!
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by teskyg: 2:49pm On Mar 09, 2011
pity pity pity foolish ilorin people.continous slavery.gambari is also a disgrace for supporting oloye, what a pity, this is the time for ilorin citizens to finally bury saraki.this is the only chance
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by seanet02: 3:17pm On Mar 09, 2011
teskyg:

pity pity pity foolish ilorin people.continous slavery.gambari is also a disgrace for supporting oloye, what a pity, this is the time for ilorin citizens to finally bury saraki.this is the only chance
Seconded
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by globatop: 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2011
This experiment will tell us if kwarans are really mumu. How can a non indigene call sway for this long. The son has been governor of the state for 8years, countless of other children and inlaws are in state and federal assemblies, even if kwara has only one senatorial district, is Saraki the only family in the district. Lets wait for the outcome of state guber election.
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by EzeCanada: 3:44pm On Mar 09, 2011
Who the cap fit, let him wear
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by AYOGHANDI: 4:01pm On Mar 09, 2011
I have never seen fools as these Ilorin people. I weep 4 my Yoruba brothers because of their complacency, they are the bastards among the Yoruba race. A true Yoruba man would never behave like these Ilorin people. Kwara is more than 85% Yoruba, unfortunately there is no single Yoruba traits in them. Ilorin is a place where you see men selling okro and vegetable in the market while their women sell cow meat. It is also a place where u will find 3 elderly men, say of b/ween 70 - 85 years driving a taxi on shift basis. Until there is a revolution where SARAKI dynasty is demystified, the people will keep wallowing in eternal slavery.
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by asamuel: 4:03pm On Mar 09, 2011
Kwara people are mentally demented. What kind of people are these? Every morning they gather at Saraki's gate for 'tuhuo' and 'akara.' This is just why they are jubilating after 8 years of Saraki with nothing to show for it. Muuuuuuuummmmmmmmuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by unite4real: 4:47pm On Mar 09, 2011
baba tope
modern day mumu
baba tope
see, mugu

baba tope
modern day mumu
baba tope
see, mugu
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by juman(m): 5:20pm On Mar 09, 2011
Oloye should not participate much in the campaign, because he may fall sick again.
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by maintain10(m): 5:28pm On Mar 09, 2011
AYO GHANDI:

I have never seen fools as these Ilorin people. I weep 4 my Yoruba brothers because of their complacency, they are the bastards among the Yoruba race. A true Yoruba man would never behave like these Ilorin people. Kwara is more than 85% Yoruba, unfortunately there is no single Yoruba traits in them. Ilorin is a place where you see men selling okro and vegetable in the market while their women sell cow meat. It is also a place where u will find 3 elderly men, say of b/ween 70 - 85 years driving a taxi on shift basis. Until there is a revolution where SARAKI dynasty is demystified, the people will keep wallowing in eternal slavery.
. grin grin grin
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by seyibrown(f): 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2011
Ilorin is a place where you see men selling okro and vegetable in the market while their women sell cow meat. It is also a place where u will find 3 elderly men, say of b/ween 70 - 85 years driving a taxi on shift basis

grin grin grin
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by Tunsbobo(m): 7:29pm On Mar 09, 2011
unite4real:

baba tope
modern day mumu
baba tope
see, mugu

baba tope
modern day mumu
baba tope
see, mugu

Yeah, this Cool fm jingle surely fits the current state of kwarans!
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2011
Until saraki die like his ewedu politician in ibadan, i bet you kwara people wil neva choose their own leader.
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 09, 2011
Since the day kwara state was no longer recgnised as a yoruba state,i feel no pity for the people of the state.they would continue to be treated like slaves by the fulanis until they fight for their rightful place in history.rubbish
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by solajacobs(m): 9:02pm On Mar 09, 2011
I REALLY PITY EVERYBODY FROM KWARA, O MA SE O
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 09, 2011
Why pity them when they are not complaining about their surbodination to the fulanis ? cheesy grin
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by hollandis(f): 9:34pm On Mar 09, 2011
I just hate kwara and Edo.
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by tlops(m): 10:12pm On Mar 09, 2011
Have they left PDP? shocked
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by solajacobs(m): 10:34pm On Mar 09, 2011
yes, the old man left pdp to pursue his ambition for his daugther, kwara don finish, thank God am not from the state.
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by Amalaaba: 10:59pm On Mar 09, 2011
I am weeping.
I think what is happening in Kwara is stranger than fiction.

I strongly believe SARAKI is rigging.
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by floriana(m): 8:58am On Mar 10, 2011
Kwara people are born slaves. After Bukola Saraki, Gbemi saraki will do 8 years. Then there is Laolu Saraki who will also come in for his own 8 years. This will immediately be followed by Tope Saraki, another Saraki daughter. By then, Gbemi Saraki will return to the senate with his brother Bukola both representing 2 senatorial districts. At the when the saraki children will have reached the constitutional term limits for the office of the governor, the grand children of saraki will have been ready. I.diotic kwarans.
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by isbir(m): 3:17pm On Mar 10, 2011
I wonder why people are seriously condemning kwarans
or Ilorin people whereas forgotting all what is happening
in their own state. Out of 150 millions Nigerian population
how many % of this huge population are ruling this country?
The same set of people are continuing rulling and you are
there folding your hands, why don't you fight them?

They turn from military to civilian and keep rulling. Nothing
happens.
You cannot take law into your hands,they are using their
own time.When GOD says their time has expired, you will
surely see what we happen.

This man called Saraki is using political influence and such
an extreme power even from the federal level.Just like
Adedibu did in Oyo state,the same thing that Obasanjo
is presently doing in Ogun state, why don't you, commenting
on this forum not doing anything about them.
these political godfather-isms are in all 36 states of this country.
No one among you can deny that.BABANGIDA AND ABDULSALAM
are they not among them.Check all your states, they are there
but you in particular may not know them due to political blindness.

Some people are ignorant of the political history by saying that
they don't think there are EDUCATED PERSONS IN KWARA.
If you don't know anything about Nigeria history, I will tell you now.
Kwara state have produced a lot of prominent people in this
country from all works of life ranging from Vice president,
chief justice of the federation,former ICPC chairman,Popular Musicians
(Recognized both home and abroad

1.Buhari/Idiagbon Regime. That most Active former Vice President
Idiagbon is an indigen of kwara state and he was known as a
dedicated,disciplined and selfless leader.
2. Justice Mustapha Akanbi (Former ICPC chairman)
3. Justice Alpha Belgore (Former Chief justice of the Federation)
If i should start mentioning educated and prominent people only
from this BELGORE FAMILY, this post space may not occupy them
because they produce well known and successful people who are
recognized both home and abroad.from different
works of life being it Architects,Doctors,Accountants,Engineers,etc
if you don't know any of them, I'm sure you will know former chief
justice of the federation. justice Alpha Belgore i mentioned above.

There are numerous educated and prominent people of kwara
state.But it is not yet time for them to revolutionalize because
the enemies of the state are still on the throne.
The kwaran youths are not happy about the situation but they
have nothing in hand to fight these old fools. they are just waiting
for the time Almighty GOD will shift the power to the youths.

This force imposition of people into power is happening in all
states of this federation, forget about your sentiments or hatred
you have for any state. these problems are everywhere i can't
continue this post i hear the voice of shooting right now in my
area in one ACN campaign here in Lagos state

let me run for my life.
that is Nigeria for you
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 10, 2011
See who's talking ? Your ancestors must be disappointed in all of you for selling out yourselves to the fulanis.
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by bestman09(m): 4:54pm On Mar 10, 2011
na waoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by ALHAJIali(m): 5:42pm On Mar 10, 2011
the lady is fighting to win seriously cool

Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by ALHAJIali(m): 5:48pm On Mar 10, 2011
Now,nairalanders can any one of look at this aspirant and refuse to vote for?RAISE UP UR HAND NOW grin
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by rman: 6:47pm On Mar 10, 2011
If you don't really understand what is going on in the state why criticize its people?

Until people understand that Kwara state does not automatically mean Ilroin, hence don't generalise. Ilorin is the state capital and the average Ilorin indigene is lazy. That's why they are mostly drivers etc. The other towns/tribes have not really come together to reduce the domination of Ilorin indigenes from Kwara politics. Dr Saraki is really a disgrace to Kwara state , but this is exactly what happens when you allow poverty to reign and you made sure the people are not educated.

Late Mohammad Lawal tried his best to break this jinx but he made a serious blunder by turning against civil servants in a state without industries.

Truth be told , Bukola is a breath of fresh air, and I can confidently say, he ranks high up there among the PDP governors in terms of performance.
But it is totally unacceptable, for Dr Saraki to bring Bukola's sister to be the next governor of the state.
Re: Jubilation As Saraki Arrives Ilorin For Gbemi’s Campaign by alldone(m): 7:22pm On Mar 10, 2011
isbir:

I wonder why people are seriously condemning kwarans
or Ilorin people whereas forgotting all what is happening
in their own state. Out of 150 millions Nigerian population
how many % of this huge population are ruling this country?
The same set of people are continuing rulling and you are
there folding your hands, why don't you fight them?

They turn from military to civilian and keep rulling. Nothing
happens.
You cannot take law into your hands,they are using their
own time.When GOD says their time has expired, you will
surely see what we happen.

This man called Saraki is using political influence and such
an extreme power even from the federal level.Just like
Adedibu did in Oyo state,the same thing that Obasanjo
is presently doing in Ogun state, why don't you, commenting
on this forum not doing anything about them.
these political godfather-isms are in all 36 states of this country.
No one among you can deny that.BABANGIDA AND ABDULSALAM
are they not among them.Check all your states, they are there
but you in particular may not know them due to political blindness.

Some people are ignorant of the political history by saying that
they don't think there are EDUCATED PERSONS IN KWARA.
If you don't know anything about Nigeria history, I will tell you now.
Kwara state have produced a lot of prominent people in this
country from all works of life ranging from Vice president,
chief justice of the federation,former ICPC chairman,Popular Musicians
(Recognized both home and abroad

1.Buhari/Idiagbon Regime. That most Active former Vice President
Idiagbon is an indigen of kwara state and he was known as a
dedicated,disciplined and selfless leader.
2. Justice Mustapha Akanbi (Former ICPC chairman)
3. Justice Alpha Belgore (Former Chief justice of the Federation)
If i should start mentioning educated and prominent people only
from this BELGORE FAMILY, this post space may not occupy them
because they produce well known and successful people who are
recognized both home and abroad.from different
works of life being it Architects,Doctors,Accountants,Engineers,etc
if you don't know any of them, I'm sure you will know former chief
justice of the federation. justice Alpha Belgore i mentioned above.

There are numerous educated and prominent people of kwara
state.But it is not yet time for them to revolutionalize because
the enemies of the state are still on the throne.
The kwaran youths are not happy about the situation but they
have nothing in hand to fight these old fools. they are just waiting
for the time Almighty GOD will shift the power to the youths.

This force imposition of people into power is happening in all
states of this federation, forget about your sentiments or hatred
you have for any state. these problems are everywhere i can't
continue this post i hear the voice of shooting right now in my
area in one ACN campaign here in Lagos state

let me run for my life.
that is Nigeria for you

we know we have them all over the country but kwara is now out of line.

he was in APP move to pdp and nw to another party this is slavery.

don't forget bukola is still in pdp.
hope things change.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of People Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Nimbo, Uzo-uwani LGA Of Enugu / Nnamdi Kanu Goes Into Hiding As Fg Asks Court To Revoke Bail(pic) / Ibrahim Babangida's Achievements: A Born Achiever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.