|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,936,063 members, 7,104,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 October 2022 at 11:59 PM
|Calsan Commisarates With Families Of Tollgate Victims Calling For Resilience... by Fortunatus200(m): 8:57am On Oct 23, 2020|
CALSAN COMMISIRATES WITH FAMILIES OF TOLLGATE VICTIMS CALLING FOR RESILIENCE IN THE MOVE FOR A BETTER NIGERIA.
It is no Longer news the recent developments on the attacks and heinous massacre of innocent peaceful protesters at Lekki Tollgate - Lagos State, the wanton breakdown of law and order in the various fractions of our Nation including Oyigbo & Diobu Port Harcourt, faulks Rd - Abia State, Abakalike - Ebonyi State, Owerri- Imo State and many other parts of our nation in total disregard of the sacrosanctity of Right to Life and Peaceful Assembly/protest as enshrined Under Chapter 4 Particularly S. 33 & 40 CFRN.
We at CALSAN, wish to condemn in strongest of terms this devilish act orchestrated by unguarded and ill fated elements teleported towards distorting and disrupting a genuine course.
We lend our voice to say ENOUGH OF THE KILLINGS!
A Biblical Pericope has it that when good men keep silent evil is bound to prevail, hence we once more wish to register our undivided support to a peaceful protest of #EndSARS and SARS tendencies carried out by our govt representatives at all levels.
We likewise register our candid condolence to the families and friends of victims as well as to all Compatriots who are so affected by this unjustified gruesome murder of our owns.
It is against the backdrop of the forgoeing that we make the following appeals:
1. We call on fellow youths for whom there could be a tomorrow, to remain committed, dogged and resilient to our primus call for a better Nigeria by deploying all legitimate and reasonable arsenals within the confines and limits of our Laws, so as to avoid anarchy, chaos and inordinate exposure of others to danger, while achieving our United goal.
2. We equally wish to remind our dear Protesters that this is a United course for which all to the exception of few are committed into, hence we entrust our protest & voice against a common enemy of corruption, nepotism, official looting, systematic disenfranchisement and technical enslavement of the youths; set in motion by Bad Leadership.
3. To the International Community, Nigerian youths wish that you may understand our current plights. We can no longer wear this shoes of sorrows, anguish and ruthlessness, hence we appeal that you swiftly swing into salvaging the situations, for we the true "People of Nigeria" who are so affected by her daily rots would not consider it as an usurpation or undermining our Sovereignty as an independent people.
4. We call on the Grand Commander of the Nigerian State, the various Heads of Security Agencies to expedite actions to uncoving those behind the shody killings of Nigerians and to also make bold the moves towards Restructuring, Reforming and Revolutionizing towards a better and brighter NIGERIA.
5. We also want to register our regrets, disappointment and dismay towards abrupt failure of our govt to act beyond words in restoring & ensuring that the security and welfare of the hoipoloi as contained in S.14 (b) CFRN 1999 is guaranteed.
We are tired of the anti-peoples policies, the indirect ceding and reliance on foreign loans, the daily widening gap between the haves and the have not, the loopsided nature of Governmental powers and we demand for:
*E - Economic Reform
*N- National Constitution Reform
*D - Debt Accountability
*S - Security Reforms
*A - Anti Peoples policy cancellation
*R - Restructuring
*S - Save cost of Governance.
Hence, we are dedicated to the pure course of remaking the Nigeria of our dreams devoid of Sentiments, for it is time to Discuss the purpose of our Corporate Status.
Long live All Nigerians of Goodwill!
God bless the course.
NJOKU CHISOM FORTUNATUS (COL).
National President CALSAN
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50