Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,796 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

The "Green, White & Red, Green" Flag (lekkimassacre) - Poem By Ifeanyi Aniekwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The "Green, White & Red, Green" Flag (lekkimassacre) - Poem By Ifeanyi Aniekwe (422 Views)

New Ohaneze Ndigbo Building In Enugu Built By Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi(photos) / Femi Fani-Kayode In Green White Green With Yerima In Zamfara (Pictures) / Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The "Green, White & Red, Green" Flag (lekkimassacre) - Poem By Ifeanyi Aniekwe by Evaromantik(m): 9:35am On Oct 23, 2020
There was a night to remember in Africa
It was a terrifying night in Nigeria
A night of massacre in the city of Lagos
A night colour red was added to the national flag

Like a father protects the child,
they were to protect their youths,
Alas, all they got was massacre
from those supposed to protect them

The streets, they flood in millions
Chanting songs of freedom as they march
Freedom from some devils in black uniform
Freedom from the Dracula called SARS

They were massacred for demanding end to massacre
They were brutalized for demanding end to brutality
They were rounded up at night for demanding protection
They were named miscreants for protesting peacefully

They had no guns on them, but their mouths
and a "green, white & red, green" flag
Lights were denied them at night
As their bright futures came to a dark end

They chant their national anthem
As their protectors turn against them
Shooting till the streets is flooded in their bloods
Shooting till their hearts beat for the last time

Ladies and gentlemen, they murdered
Yet the youths stood their ground
They are the future of the land
Alas, being hunted by elders of the land.

In the voice of slain Mr. Anthony Okechukwu,
I protest "Peace and Unity!" ✊

NOTE: I dedicate this poem to all the Nigerian youths out there in the streets and the internet, fighting for a better Nigeria for us and the future generation, our heroes that fell in the #LekkiMassacre and those still protesting out there. I Love You All

Lalasticlala front page abeg. Mynd44 Seun #EndSARS

Re: The "Green, White & Red, Green" Flag (lekkimassacre) - Poem By Ifeanyi Aniekwe by helinues: 9:37am On Oct 23, 2020
The "Green, White & Red, Green" Flag (lekkimassacre) - Poem By Ifeanyi Aniekwe

Where did the massacre take place?
Re: The "Green, White & Red, Green" Flag (lekkimassacre) - Poem By Ifeanyi Aniekwe by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 23, 2020
helinues:

Guy go and return the Money given to you
You're sounding very stupid day by day
N.B you don't know ya bringing a generation curse on yourself I understand the fact ya hungry and jobless but it doesn't justify this
My candid advice for you.

1 Like

Re: The "Green, White & Red, Green" Flag (lekkimassacre) - Poem By Ifeanyi Aniekwe by helinues: 9:42am On Oct 23, 2020
smartsmith0907:

Guy go and return the Money given to you
You're sounding very stupid day by day
N.B you don't know ya bringing a generation curse on yourself I understand the fact ya hungry and jobless but it doesn't justify this
My candid advice for you.

We dey sell handkerchief in bulk oo

Re: The "Green, White & Red, Green" Flag (lekkimassacre) - Poem By Ifeanyi Aniekwe by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 23, 2020
helinues:

We dey sell handkerchief in bulk oo

KO funny return the Money and stop acting stupid
Send your account number lemme find something for your hungry soul
Re: The "Green, White & Red, Green" Flag (lekkimassacre) - Poem By Ifeanyi Aniekwe by helinues: 9:46am On Oct 23, 2020
smartsmith0907:

KO funny return the Money and stop acting stupid
Send your account number lemme find something for your hungry soul

Re: The "Green, White & Red, Green" Flag (lekkimassacre) - Poem By Ifeanyi Aniekwe by Pecuman: 12:10pm On Oct 23, 2020
Re: The "Green, White & Red, Green" Flag (lekkimassacre) - Poem By Ifeanyi Aniekwe by Pecuman: 12:10pm On Oct 23, 2020
helinues:

https://www.nairaland.com/6199985/debunking-claim-lekki-massacre-didnt happen

(1) (Reply)

Governor Wike Talks Tough On IPOB / Candle Night For Fallen Heroes Of Lekki Massacre / Foods Unites Muslims And Christians In Kaduna And Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.