Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack (2665 Views)

Soldiers Arrest Grace Abdu, VOA Journalist For Interviewing Resident Of Oyigbo / MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) / Aftermath Of Atiku & Peter Obi's Campaign In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by AltMon1: 11:12am On Oct 23, 2020
This is what is left of the popular GSM market at Eleme junction, Oyigbo in Port Harcourt after last night's attack on the community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBDQyg9bMwk

lalasticlala seun mynd44

1 Share

Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by capitalzero: 11:13am On Oct 23, 2020
A gunshot lead to world war 1. Some shootings in lekki lead to anarchy in most states.
Soldiers or guns don't bring peace but destruction

1 Like

Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by Charleys: 11:20am On Oct 23, 2020
The Yoruba youths who carried out these atrocities will be dealt with.

9 Likes

Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by Brandonx(m): 11:23am On Oct 23, 2020
It's not fulani herdsmen it's the indigene.
If people are well informed, yes in a situation as this there would destruction of properties but not in this manner.
The Nigerian government paid lip services to education, infrastructure and employment now this is just a tip of the iceberg.
If this protest had lingered on; 3 months max Nigeria would be History.

1 Like

Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 23, 2020
[s]
Charleys:
[/s]

We don't need all these!
I don't think u guys wanna see a War!

The Federal Government has Failed the Nation!

Fighting yourselves is a misplaced Pirioty..
You Need yourselves to Put things right in the Center..
Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by otokx(m): 11:41am On Oct 23, 2020
Oyigbo is calm at the moment.
Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by Emotionss: 11:46am On Oct 23, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
otokx:
Oyigbo is calm at the moment.

Please can you enlighten me how oyibo is at the moment ?
Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by SalamRushdie: 11:53am On Oct 23, 2020
Brandonx:
If people are well informed, yes in a situation as this there would destruction of properties but not in this manner.
The Nigerian government paid lip services to education, infrastructure and employment now this is just a tip of the iceberg.

Early hours of this morning the people of Oyigbo were attacked by gunmen accompanied by a military unit ..

4 Likes

Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by Hateandthunder: 11:55am On Oct 23, 2020
I'm starting to believe some people have been paid to facilitate southern division if not...

2 Likes

Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by otokx(m): 11:56am On Oct 23, 2020
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

Please can you enlighten me how oyibo is at the moment ?

as at this morning, Nigerianinfoph call in program revealed calm in the area.
Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by Mgbadike80: 11:58am On Oct 23, 2020
uptill now, no national news media have reported about this attack despite the residents calling for help throughout the night. The government is filtering the news coming in from across the country.

12 Likes

Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by donb06: 12:04pm On Oct 23, 2020
Charleys:
stop this nonsense.... Stop this disgusting thing.... I was once like you...but my eyes are open.... Please stop

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 12:12pm On Oct 23, 2020
Those disgusting beings Igbos are spreading a false news campaign by pinning the attacks on Fulani's.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by big7: 12:40pm On Oct 23, 2020
Chosen1984:
[s][/s]

We don't need all these!

divide and rule tactics by the north to continue dominating and enslaving us here in the south in collaboration is a very unfortunate thing...we youth in the south holds ourselves the responsibility to remain united as they know a united south will bring an end to norther domination down here...we need to be smart and focus in this struggle together to gain total and absolute freedom from this lot....a united south is a prosperous south

2 Likes

Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by dokie: 12:42pm On Oct 23, 2020
Oladdesigng:
Tribal war everyway.....

God save Nigeria

For what purpose? So that every now and then a tribe gather themselves together to kill others?

Nigeria has no benefits. Nigeria has to die for its occupants to live.
Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by big7: 12:43pm On Oct 23, 2020
Hateandthunder:
I'm starting to believe some people have been paid to facilitate southern division if not...

divide and rule tactics by the north to continue dominating and enslaving us here in the south in collaboration is a very unfortunate thing...we youth in the south holds ourselves the responsibility to remain united as they know a united south will bring an end to norther domination down here...we need to be smart and focus in this struggle together to gain total and absolute freedom from this lot....a united south is a prosperous south

1 Like

Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by Dede1(m): 1:03pm On Oct 23, 2020
SalamRushdie:

Early hours of this morning the people of Oyigbo were attacked by gunmen accompanied by a military unit .

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/12558499_screenshot2020102311320255_jpeg1117b29d156e45e4c804573280f5ec9b

I guess this dingbat called Shafiu Salis understands that Obigbo is a melting pot of many ethnicities. Again the reckless arrogance displayed by this fool is among the factors that prompted the #EandSars protest. It is very unbecoming for certain citizens of a country to hide behind the country's armed forces to commit heinous crime and boast about it.

3 Likes

Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by Asquare84(m): 1:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
Jobless youths
Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by Ibadansun1: 1:39pm On Oct 23, 2020
If these stories are real, let the Mods push it to the front page.
Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by Omoluabi16(m): 1:44pm On Oct 23, 2020
Hateandthunder:
Don't start to believe. It is what it is. And we are falling for it.

1 Like

Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by BIGGESThead6: 1:55pm On Oct 23, 2020
Brandonx:

Na Igbos na

Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by Jackson105: 2:14pm On Oct 23, 2020
Charleys:

Are u sure u av brain?
Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by NazoTimes(m): 2:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
Chosen1984:
[s][/s]

We don't need all these!

Exactly, sometimes when I see young people fighting over tribe I wonder because we are all hungry but yet killing our selves, forgetting the real enemies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Aftermath Of Oyigbo Attack by sweetrace(f): 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2020
Op, there’s something fundamentally wrong with you. Why are the supposed dead people blurred? Still, one can see that they are not dead. You said Hausa Fulani attacked them, yet the video shows nothing of that sort happened. We are trying to calm the situation and high tempers, you are spreading lies.

(1) (Reply)

Emir Of Bauchi Was Caught Singing Christian Song With Choir / Twitter Suspension: British, Canadian & Sweddish Embassy In Nigeria React / NASCO Should Sue David Hundeyin To Court Immediately..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.