Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls (3585 Views)

Honest Review About Xiaomi / Between Infinix And Xiaomi Phones, Which One Is Better / All These Are Low Budget Phones. Pls Which Should I Go For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 24, 2020
sagieramos:

False information!
If you truly use Xiaomi, post your "about phone" and "battery stats"
NB: proudly Redmi note 8 user... from galaxy S7

I have posted it several times. Goto Xiaomi thread, you will see my track record there. Or go through my posts on phone section you will see all my screenshots I am tired of reposting Evey time.
Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by yungrylex00(m): 10:42am On Oct 24, 2020
I've been using infinix and tecno all my life
My first xiaomi phone is redmi 8 which i presently use
AND TRUST ME BRO
ITS THE STRONGEST AND THE MOST SOLID PHONE I'VE EVER USED

7 Likes

Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by sagieramos(m): 11:06am On Oct 24, 2020
Fokosobo:

I have posted it several times. Goto Xiaomi thread, you will see my track record there. Or go through my posts on phone section you will see all my screenshots I am tired of reposting Evey time.

Well, I have been using mine since July and never had any issue. What's your device BTW?
Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by sunshineV(f): 11:09am On Oct 24, 2020
theFilmtric:

Solved
U are obviously extremely biased.
theFilmtricsay
u had to go so low grin
Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by Habiodunz(m): 12:06pm On Oct 24, 2020
Oga go youtube and search for the brand you wanna know about
Too many children on this website having hate for each other on top something wey no be asset undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by theFilmtric: 1:47pm On Oct 24, 2020
sunshineV:
I had to go so low,I had no choice! grin
My advise to you
Go get a job

Trolling Transsion clearly isn't one

theFilmtricsay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by theFilmtric: 1:51pm On Oct 24, 2020
Habiodunz:
Oga go youtube and search for the brand you wanna know about
Too many children on this website having hate for each other on top something wey no be asset undecided

EXACTLY!

theFilmtricsay
Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by Zeroenochone(m): 2:53pm On Oct 24, 2020
Fokosobo:

I am a Xiaomi user, I will tell you the truth;

1. Their parts are scarce

2. Their MIUI is riddled with bugs

3. Their battery performance is very poor

"their" how many xioami phones have you used to arrive at this conclusion?
Which phone OS doesn't have a few bugs?
Even the almighty android one has bugs so what are you saying??
Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by Zeroenochone(m): 2:56pm On Oct 24, 2020
RealEzee:
OP u can conduct your research on YouTube from top reviewers about most Xiaomi phones, for example, when the note 7 and note 7 pro was released one of the major highlights of the phone was its durability, scratch test was done, drop test was, even hammer on it and bending, it proved to have strong resistance, if I'm correct it was around the same time the Nokia x5 was released(Nokia x5 wasn't anywhere close in durability to the note 7/7pro), now Xiaomi has kinda kept it as standard to have most of the phones in like manner, top gorilla glass 5 built on both front and back of their phones, you can check fisayo reviews (a popular Nigerian tech YouTuber), you can compare the spec sheet of most Xiaomi phones and compare with their counterparts and you'll notice how durability seem to be a norm and not some added luxury like some brands tho.

Hence in terms of durability and build quality Xiaomi ticks the box, they're not in the top 4 smartphone manufacturers in the world for nothing and to think they're just 10years in the industry is a huge feat.

grin Someone mentioned umidigi been more durable lol joker, how many umidigi phones comes with gorilla glass 5 protection on their phones compared to Xiaomi grin, build quality Xiaomi beats umidigi hands downs no cap.

Peeps talking parts are scarce Abeg make i hear word the world is a global village, order it or jejeli contact peeps on NL who sell, people way dey buy rolls royce and other luxury cars for Naija no dey ask Dat kind question kwa, besides they're durable and lifespan equally depends on users, I done use a Samsung j1 for years without a screen guard no single scratch kwa, peeps were shocked cos we plenty way dem give da phone to work then.

Abi oooo
We understand that Umidigi makes good devices but these Umidigi users shouldn't make biased suggestion when obviously they're wrong

1 Like

Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by Zeroenochone(m): 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2020
theFilmtric:

They are obviously not marketers
They are just obsessed with Xioami andd pained by the dominance of Transsion.

I don't support anyone.
Its your choice!

theFilmtricsay

Really bro??
"Pained by the dominance of Transsion"?
Really??

Like really
I'm a Xiaomi user and I recommend phones for people even if it's the so-called "dominant transsion"

It's not about dominance and I think you know that

SunshineV clearly mentioned other international brands there with his previous posts but you still went on to call him biased?

I don't think you understand what this so-called brand was is about

most of the people you see are against Tecno have experiences that made them adopt that perspective on transsion but I don't know why it seems like everyone misses the point

The op clearly asked called the durability of a Redmi phone into question and he's getting his answers

If really you believe in YouTube you'd realise that even on YouTube Xiaomi is respected for the durability of their phones

And Nairaland isn't the only place where people are complaining about transsion.

To conclude, no phone is perfect....if these guys are talking about a phone and how good it is, they obviously aren't saying it's perfect. But people seem to paint that as the "Xiaomi marketers saying perfect phone"

Back to your claim
No Transsion isn't more dominant than Xiaomi, if here in Africa you see more transsion devices you'd be surprised to see that Xiaomi is one of the most dominant brands worldwide....

1 Like

Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by theFilmtric: 3:24pm On Oct 24, 2020
Zeroenochone:

Really bro??
"Pained by the dominance of Transsion"?
Really??

Like really
I'm a Xiaomi user and I recommend phones for people even if it's the so-called "dominant transsion"

It's not about dominance and I think you know that

SunshineV clearly mentioned other international brands there with his previous posts but you still went on to call him biased?

I don't think you understand what this so-called brand was is about

most of the people you see are against Tecno have experiences that made them adopt that perspective on transsion but I don't know why it seems like everyone misses the point

The op clearly asked called the durability of a Redmi phone into question and he's getting his answers

If really you believe in YouTube you'd realise that even on YouTube Xiaomi is respected for the durability of their phones

And Nairaland isn't the only place where people are complaining about transsion.

To conclude, no phone is perfect....if these guys are talking about a phone and how good it is, they obviously aren't saying it's perfect. But people seem to paint that as the "Xiaomi marketers saying perfect phone"

Back to your claim
No Transsion isn't more dominant that Xiaomi, if here in Africa you see more transsion devices you'd be surprised to see that Xiaomi is one of the most dominant brands worldwide....

1.Transsion is dominant in Africa is obviously not something to argue about.
“If really you believe in YouTube you'd realise that even on YouTube Xiaomi is respected for the durability of their phones”
Youtube is worldwide and how many Transsion phones do Youtube reviewers review?? Transsion is African and not worldwide bro/sis.
“ if here in Africa you see more transsion devices you'd be surprised to see that Xiaomi is one of the most dominant brands worldwide....”
The reason Xiaomi is more dominant in the Worldwide instance is because it is sold in China(china is a very big chunk of the world market)

theFilmtricsay
Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by theFilmtric: 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2020
Zeroenochone:

Abi oooo
We understand that Umidigi makes good devices but these Umidigi users shouldn't make biased suggestion when obviously they're wrong
This is obviously what Xiaomi users do!

theFilmtricsay
Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by Zeroenochone(m): 3:30pm On Oct 24, 2020
theFilmtric:

1.Transsion is dominant in Africa is obviously not something to argue about.
“If really you believe in YouTube you'd realise that even on YouTube Xiaomi is respected for the durability of their phones”
Youtube is worldwide and how many Transsion phones do Youtube reviewers review?? Transsion is African and not worldwide bro/sis.
“ if here in Africa you see more transsion devices you'd be surprised to see that Xiaomi is one of the most dominant brands worldwide....”
The reason Xiaomi is more dominant in the Worldwide instance is because it is sold in China(china is a very big chunk of the world market)

theFilmtricsay

Lmaooo
Really bruv
So Xiaomi is the only phone in China bah?
Bro this is the fact

It doesn't matter if they have a big chunk of the market or not if their phones were bad they wouldn't be ranked as one of the most successful

Not just that
If you go anywhere online Xiaomi is usually one of the phones with the best specs

Samsung iPhone Huawei OnePlus Xiaomi

That's how they'll probably be lined up
And if infinix or Tecno ever made it into such lists it's purely because of infinix zero 8 and Tecno Camon 16 premier

If infinix and Tecno were good and people were hating on them for no reason why do you think they stepped up their game

Just know that this issue is about build quality and production standards as opposed to your "dominance" theory...

1 Like

Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by Zeroenochone(m): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2020
theFilmtric:

This is obviously what Xiaomi users do!

theFilmtricsay

I know some Xiaomi users make ignorant claims
But not all of them!
And the reason some of them (if they aren't trolls) make such claims is because they aren't well informed

Let me gist you something
How many times will you see a Xiaomi user claiming that Xiaomi is better than Samsung or iPhone

Most of them say "Xiaomi is better than transsion, but if you can afford it get a Samsung or an iPhone... "
The truth remains specwise there are very few transsion devices which can stand up to Xiaomi in midrange and flagship section most especially
So if anyone seems to "hype" Xiaomi, it's probably worth it.....

3 Likes

Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by theFilmtric: 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2020
Zeroenochone:

I know some Xiaomi users make ignorant claims
But not all of them!
And the reason some of them (if they aren't trolls) make such claims is because they aren't well informed

Let me gist you something
How many times will you see a Xiaomi user claiming that Xiaomi is better than Samsung or iPhone

Most of them say "Xiaomi is better than transsion, but if you can afford it get a Samsung or an iPhone... "
The truth remains specwise there are very few transsion devices which can stand up to Xiaomi in midrange and flagship section most especially
So if anyone seems to "hype" Xiaomi, it's probably worth it.....
1.Most Xiaomi users that I have encountered on Nairaland make such claims
2.Samsung and Iphone are worldwide brands bro
3.Transsion doesn't do flagship phones!
4.Hype /haIp/
(Informal,disapproving)
To advertise something a lot and exaggerate its good qualities,in order to get a lot of public attention for it .
OXFORD advanced learners dictionary

So anything “hyped” isn't worth it

Nevertheless you are the most logical and rational Xiaomi fan(or User)
Unlike sunshineV

Thumbs up bro
It was nice having this conversation with you

theFilmtricsay
Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by theFilmtric: 5:18pm On Oct 24, 2020
Zeroenochone:

Lmaooo
Really bruv
So Xiaomi is the only phone in China bah?
Bro this is the fact

It doesn't matter if they have a big chunk of the market or not if their phones were bad they wouldn't be ranked as one of the most successful

Not just that
If you go anywhere online Xiaomi is usually one of the phones with the best specs

Samsung iPhone Huawei OnePlus Xiaomi

That's how they'll probably be lined up
And if infinix or Tecno ever made it into such lists it's purely because of infinix zero 8 and Tecno Camon 16 premier

If infinix and Tecno were good and people were hating on them for no reason why do you think they stepped up their game

Just know that this issue is about build quality and production standards as opposed to your "dominance" theory...
1.Xiaomi is selling well because they made sure they are selling in China before venturing into the worldwide market.
Transsion is obviously for the African market.
If Transsion made sure they sell well in China before venturing into the world they would be part of those u are mentioning
2. Anywhere online?

3.“If infinix and Tecno were good and people were hating on them for no reason why do you think they stepped up their game
This is one big error I have been seeing on Nairaland. Infinix and Tecno are businesses and to do business you have to give people what they want
And obviously they are GIVING AFRICA WHAT AFRICA WANTS!
So if you think they stepped up their game because of Xiaomi fan boys
You are wrong.
As far as I have figured Xiaomi cannot defeat Transsion to the African(esp.Nigerian)market.
Because
i.They came late
ii.Their name “XIAOMI”
iii.No Advertising.

theFilmtricsay
Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by sunshineV(f): 7:11pm On Oct 24, 2020
thefilmtric, i'm african and i choose value for money over "unfortunately google plas has stopped"
Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by theFilmtric: 7:15pm On Oct 24, 2020
sunshineV:
thefilmtric, i'm african and i choose value for money over "unfortunately google plas has stopped"
Bros

Stop being ignorant

All phones do dat

theFilmtricsay
Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by Bossman(m): 7:18pm On Oct 24, 2020
I am pretty satisfied wit my Xiaomi device. It's one of the older ones, a Mi Mix 2. However, it still handles well Because it has very good specs. I alternate between it and a Galaxy A50 on a monthly basis, and honestly, I am usually looking forward to switching to the Mi mix 2. It's just more stable and fluid. Probably because of its slightly better specs.
Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by sunshineV(f): 7:20pm On Oct 24, 2020
theFilmtric:
Bros
Stop being ignorant
All phones do dat
theFilmtricsay
i laff in huawei y9 2019
Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by theFilmtric: 7:33pm On Oct 24, 2020
sunshineV:
i laff in huawei y9 2019
I laugh in HONGMENG/HARMONY OS
I laugh in CHINESE
I laugh in little or no Google services
I laugh in Beijing
I LAUGH AT YOU!!! grin shocked shocked grin

Grow up son
And stop Nairaland foolishness!

theFilmtricsay
Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by quisera(m): 10:22pm On Oct 24, 2020
Op, what Xiaomi offers cannot be compared with other midrange smart phones.
I've been using my RN8 for a year now and buying it is one of my best decisions ever
I'm very rough with phones but I use my redmi without a pouch and it still looks new.
Display is cool also.
Balanced my camera with GCam and I'm officially the cameraman in most events I attend.
Only problem I have is having to place the phone on speaker or use a earpiece to receive calls often.
Aside that, the phone is very durable and reliable.
Forget about the lack of spare parts talk, I'm not sure u'll be needing one soon if you go for redmi

1 Like

Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 24, 2020
officialfestus:
see as you type am with authority grin

Na so e suppose be grin

1 Like

Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by Zeroenochone(m): 7:01am On Oct 25, 2020
theFilmtric:

1.Xiaomi is selling well because they made sure they are selling in China before venturing into the worldwide market.
Transsion is obviously for the African market.
If Transsion made sure they sell well in China before venturing into the world they would be part of those u are mentioning
2. Anywhere online?

3.“If infinix and Tecno were good and people were hating on them for no reason why do you think they stepped up their game
This is one big error I have been seeing on Nairaland. Infinix and Tecno are businesses and to do business you have to give people what they want
And obviously they are GIVING AFRICA WHAT AFRICA WANTS!
So if you think they stepped up their game because of Xiaomi fan boys
You are wrong.
As far as I have figured Xiaomi cannot defeat Transsion to the African(esp.Nigerian)market.
Because
i.They came late
ii.Their name “XIAOMI”
iii.No Advertising.

theFilmtricsay

WTF are you saying??
Haven't you seen the way the get trashed on other social media networks, even on YouTube!
Xiaomi fanboys didn't force their hands but years of criticism by their fans and disappointed users did that!

Giving Africans what they want
So you think an African would want a phone that would lag soo much that the only way to use it comfortably is to restore factory settings every few months and lose all your data?

Get real bro....
I'm an African and I don't want that
Think about it
They've been using crappy processors all the while but suddenly their phones are coming with Helio g70
Only if you choose to be ignorant would you say that complaints from users had no part in that.....

1 Like

Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by Zeroenochone(m): 7:13am On Oct 25, 2020
sunshineV:

Abi naa
Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by theFilmtric: 7:29am On Oct 25, 2020
Zeroenochone:

WTF are you saying??
Haven't you seen the way the get trashed on other social media networks, even on YouTube!
Xiaomi fanboys didn't force their hands but years of criticism by their fans and disappointed users did that!

Giving Africans what they want
So you think an African would want a phone that would lag soo much that the only way to use it comfortably is to restore factory settings every few months and lose all your data?

Get real bro....
I'm an African and I don't want that
Think about it
They've been using crappy processors all the while but suddenly their phones are coming with Helio g70
Only if you choose to be ignorant would you say that complaints from users had no part in that.....

Get trashed on Youtube??
How does that relate to Nigeria
Is Youtube Nigeria?

Years of criticism by Transsion fans?
If you don't know in Nigeria if I put an hot 9 with 6000maH and any Xiaomi or Umidigi with that price range an Average Nigerian will go for the hot 9

You are obviously not the Average African

“So you think an African would want a phone that would lag soo much that the only way to use it comfortably is to restore factory settings every few months and lose all your data?”
This is a lie My sis has been using an hot5 for about 3 years now the only problem is the 16gb space and it was always telling her to free space.She bought an SD card and that was solved!

And mind you when I am talking Transsion
I am talking about Tecno and Infinix
You can't buy an Itel phone of 20000 and expect good specs!!
Its clearly for the poor

I am not a promoter of any brand

But the main reasons I don't like Xiaomi are
1.The chinese name “XIAOMI” too chinese for me
2.I personally don't fancy their MIUI (I even prefer XOS to it
3.Spare parts are scarce
I know you might try to come up with all that durable talk but when it comes to durability according to what I've observed transsion phones are more durable
4.Chinese version and Global version WTF
5.Rubbish space
My second sister bought a Redmi 7 or so
The supposed space was 32 Gb
What we met there was 10 Gb available
Nonsense system apps and MIUI had taken 22 Gb
6.No acessories in the market
e.g pouches,Screen guards etc
7.From what I've seen from Xiaomi users in my 3 year Guest stay on Nairaland
They seem insecure,bashing everywhere with Xiaomi
I obviously don't want to feel insecure because of a phone!

theFilmtricsay
Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by Derailer(m): 8:34am On Oct 25, 2020
theFilmtric:

Get trashed on Youtube??
How does that relate to Nigeria
Is Youtube Nigeria?

Years of criticism by Transsion fans?
If you don't know in Nigeria if I put an hot 9 with 6000maH and any Xiaomi or Umidigi with that price range an Average Nigerian will go for the hot 9

You are obviously not the Average African

“So you think an African would want a phone that would lag soo much that the only way to use it comfortably is to restore factory settings every few months and lose all your data?”
This is a lie My sis has been using an hot5 for about 3 years now the only problem is the 16gb space and it was always telling her to free space.She bought an SD card and that was solved!

And mind you when I am talking Transsion
I am talking about Tecno and Infinix
You can't buy an Itel phone of 20000 and expect good specs!!
Its clearly for the poor

I am not a promoter of any brand

But the main reasons I don't like Xiaomi are
1.The chinese name “XIAOMI” too chinese for me
2.I personally don't fancy their MIUI (I even prefer XOS to it
3.Spare parts are scarce
I know you might try to come up with all that durable talk but when it comes to durability according to what I've observed transsion phones are more durable
4.Chinese version and Global version WTF
5.Rubbish space
My second sister bought a Redmi 7 or so
The supposed space was 32 Gb
What we met there was 10 Gb available
Nonsense system apps and MIUI had taken 22 Gb
6.No acessories in the market
e.g pouches,Screen guards etc
7.From what I've seen from Xiaomi users in my 3 year Guest stay on Nairaland
They seem insecure,bashing everywhere with Xiaomi
I obviously don't want to feel insecure because of a phone!

theFilmtricsay

Allow these critics.

Brands like itel have their products tailored to low-income people.

The fact that phones are affordable means one thing; they aren't fully packed but somewhat to meet the VERY basic needs of the targeted consumer.

If they pack all the specs, then it wouldn't be affordable would it??

These guys are just frustrated that itel and other transsion smartphones have captured a very large swathe of the Nigerian market.
Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by fredie107(m): 8:37am On Oct 25, 2020
Fokosobo:

I am a Xiaomi user, I will tell you the truth;

1. Their parts are scarce

2. Their MIUI is riddled with bugs

3. Their battery performance is very poor

Satan just left hell for this lie....
Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by Derailer(m): 8:40am On Oct 25, 2020
ikemman:
Op, is you want durability over beauty, buy itel or vivo android devices

Umidigi isn't strong, it is just beautiful

If u want semi durable + beauty go for xiaomi

If you want durability + beauty buybl iphone or nokia

Durability trumps beauty afterall.
itel succeeds in this area.

With my level of carelessness, had it been any other phone, I'd be phoneless. My itel keeps pulling up for me.

1 Like

Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by Derailer(m): 8:48am On Oct 25, 2020
theFilmtric:

The main reason most Xiaomi fan boys are filled with hate for other brands especially Transsion brands is the unpopularity of Xiaomi in real life Nigeria.

Xiaomi is clearly not as good as nairaland fan boys rate it.

I have been a guest on Nairaland for about 3 years now and I have seen a lot of hate coming from Xiaomi fan boys.

But lately some transsion users are starting to return the fire.

Buy what you want to buy don't be based on Nairaland in your choice!.

I use a blackberry device.

theFilmtricsay

I seriously don't understand the hate for these transsion devices like Itel.

These phones have succeeded in what they were intended for; to afford even the less privileged some inclusiveness.

These smartphones are so popular, you cannot dissuade Nigerians from patronizing them so it frustrates them.

1 Like

Re: I Need An Answer About Xiaomi Phones Pls by theFilmtric: 11:51am On Oct 25, 2020
Derailer:

Allow these critics.

Brands like itel have their products tailored to low-income people.

The fact that phones are affordable means one thing; they aren't fully packed but somewhat to meet the VERY basic needs of the targeted consumer.

If they pack all the specs, then it wouldn't be affordable would it??

These guys are just frustrated that itel and other transsion smartphones have captured a very large swathe of the Nigerian market.
Exactly bro!!
EXACTLY!

theFilmtricsay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Google Pixel Or Iphone / Between Nokia E6 And A Bb Bold 6 / Grand Theft Auto: San Andreasmobile Coming This December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.