Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) (47042 Views)

900-Year-Old Church Carved Downward Into A Huge Rock In Ethiopia (Photos) / MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception / Prophet Cosmos Walker Predicted The Ethiopian Airline Crash On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by sorom4: 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2020
Liberia was not colonized too
Judolisco:
So beautiful.... D official religion in Ethiopia is Christianity, I think Ethiopia is d only country in Africa that was not colonized by d whites... It shows the country has been existing since
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by AreaFada2: 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2020
Nice one. I like Ethiopia. So unproblematic
As for unproblematic, you are obviously not following the Tigray revolt currently going on there. With refugees fleeing into Sudan. Or the Oromo issues over the years. Peace with Eritrea only came two years ago. A county that killed it ruling emperor in the emperors can hardly be called unproblematic.

Clear they are an inspirational nation with a great history but with a tumultuous history and present too.
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by Judolisco(m): 1:22pm On Nov 15, 2020
sorom4:
Liberia was not colonized too
but u know how Liberia was founded right?
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by pafo(m): 1:27pm On Nov 15, 2020
godofuck231:
little did yall niggaz know where Christianity originated from , 85% of the world's religion, both known and forgotten originated from Africa

How did Christianity originate from Africa? Enlighten me pls
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by mrkings84(m): 1:30pm On Nov 15, 2020
A church whose building is carved out of rock. It will be hard for the devil and the gate of hell to prefail against it.
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by CSTRR: 1:31pm On Nov 15, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Who told you all that s#it that you posted up there

Many of you here on NL are seriously uninformed. Simple.

Get educated, buddy. What you currently have in Ethiopia has been simmering for some years now. Egypt doesn't even have to do anything about it for it to actually explode into the inferno that it is at the moment.

The main external culprit- I'd we can even call them that- has got to be Eritrea. Not Egypt.
There is something seriously wrong with you.
Read what I wrote and read what you wrote.
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by pafo(m): 1:35pm On Nov 15, 2020
CSTRR:
Christianity came to Africa before It got to Europe.

The Ethiopian Eunuch that philip preached to was the first gentile convert IN the Bible.
And he took It back to Ethiopia.

God told Joseph to take Baby Jesus to Egypt so that Herod will not kill him.

Anybody that said white people brought Christianity to Africa does not know bible history.

So did they tell you Christ preached or converted anyome during his time in Egypt?
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 1:57pm On Nov 15, 2020
Viva Africa.

We go make am.
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by Sheriman(m): 1:58pm On Nov 15, 2020
Judolisco:
I don't think so if they can get into Sudan and Kenya it won't be difficult to get into Ethiopia.... I think the Ethiopians resisted every attempt by the whites to get into their country,m not sure though
Yeah, you are right. Don't forget that Ancient Abyssinian now modern day Ethiopia is located around and surrounded with Top Hills, mountains and rocks so all these geographical formation and landforms really help them to relentlessly resist the coming of white slave traders coming to their land by climbing on top of those rocks hills mountains and start shooting them fire arrows and spears from above nearly kill all the white Invaders anytime they tried to enslaved them.. A lots of ambush were also done.. They successfully resist against white slave traders.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by Bobotic(m): 2:02pm On Nov 15, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Africana weldone sir

Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by trutht828: 2:07pm On Nov 15, 2020
Patrioticman007:
The Coptic Christians are complete opposite of our Nigerian Christians.
They are after seclusion & worship of one true God, not materialism, pastoprenuers & worship of gods of men.

So in your mind now, only Nigerian churches worship pastors? Have you been to other countries before? Until you do, you should keep quiet. Stop using your limited Nigeria knowledge to judge global issues
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by Flows001(m): 2:17pm On Nov 15, 2020
Sonnobax15:
cheesy. Ethiopia amaka, Africa afonja.

btw,I just got to realise that Nairaland was the second to wish me a happy birthday after first bank did first.... wow, come on, nairalanders,ya'all should wish me, your bro a happy birthday....
Na by force? undecided.
Happy birthday jor. No mind me, more blessings!! wink
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by Janosky: 3:02pm On Nov 15, 2020
thesicilian:
The only significance of this is the tourism value. It has no bearing on the Christian faith ... .

Greek stauros in the Bible is not Christendom's Cross.

The pagan Cross & Trinity popular in Christendom has ZERO connection to true Christianity practiced by Jesus Christ and the disciples.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by musicwriter(m): 3:04pm On Nov 15, 2020
zpakln:
Peter may have built his church upon a rock, but the ruling king in 12th century Ethiopia decided to build his churches into the rocks themselves.

There was no Peter that built any church on a rock. That's bible mythology.

But what you see in Ethiopia is the real Peter's church standing on a literal rock and not a myth. The Ethiopians right here in Africa believed in the God Ptah (Peter) the un-created creator for thousands of years when there were no Christianity or should I say before their belief system became plagiarized as christianity by Europeans. Before then, only black people right here in Africa believed these things but it wasn't to colonize, get rich, or kill anybody who doesn't believe it.

Your bible got the word Peter from the ancient Egyptian God Ptah, which was worshiped in ancient Ethiopia a.k.a Egypt, in a city called Memphis or Hekuptah. Hekuptah literally means "house of Ptah" i.e the place where God has build his everlasting (rock) church, and that's what the Ethiopians replicated over there. That's how your bible got the saying of a christ building his church on Peter (Rock/everlasting).

The white man has fooled you. He took your stuff, repackaged it, and used it to enslave you!!.

Attached is a picture of Peter (black man) in the Vatican worshiped by the popes. But they would give you a WHITE Peter in public and won't let you know that the first image of Peter was a BLACK man.

3 Likes

Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by Camelot65: 3:13pm On Nov 15, 2020
Patrioticman007:
The Coptic Christians are complete opposite of our Nigerian Christians.
They are after seclusion & worship of one true God, not materialism, pastoprenuers & worship of gods of men.
Stop the generalization....we know you don't like Nigerian Christians but please stop the generalization smiley

BTW your second picture is true
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by Camelot65: 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2020
Janosky:

Greek stauros in the Bible is not Christendom's Cross.

The pagan Cross & Trinity popular in Christendom has ZERO connection to true Christianity practiced by Jesus Christ and the disciples.
True smiley
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by Mars16(m): 3:33pm On Nov 15, 2020
Is not true, go and read about the current situation of the country.
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by godofuck231: 3:35pm On Nov 15, 2020
pafo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex0v7IXlz5w
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by godofuck231: 3:49pm On Nov 15, 2020
pafo:

this is just a tip, most of the books of the bible had its roots from scripts lifted from Egyptian texts, eg the book of psalms, the tablet contains texts which pre dates the origin of Christianity, the intellectual of the christian religion are from Africa which moves towards Europe, through the Hebrews who spent 400 years in Africa took back many doctrines, these contacts influenced the founding of Christianity, till when it became the centre of power trough the emperor Constantine who gave preference to the new religion till the time of gregory the grate where the medieval version of Christianity thrived, even the great Christian libraries, churches, fortes were captures and converted to mosques and Islamic sites, from then on various varieties of Christianity evolved and the older were exterminated,
read up and find light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex0v7IXlz5w
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by godofuck231: 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2020
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by Jahwinaboy(m): 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2020
godofuck231:
little did yall niggaz know where Christianity originated from , 85% of the world's religion, both known and forgotten originated from Africa
correct

1 Like

Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by Bruno3000(m): 5:23pm On Nov 15, 2020
Head slammers are not much there na.
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by Sonnobax15(m): 5:58pm On Nov 15, 2020
Flows001:
Na by force? undecided. Happy birthday jor. No mind me, more blessings!! wink
lol... Thanks bro...
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by PervertProphet: 5:58pm On Nov 15, 2020
[quote author=mansakhalifa post=96061855]

[s]When you won't watch the news, why won't you be talking like someone in a beer parlour[/s].

You mean like the 9th Century Beer Parlour Pedophile Pervert Prophet Muhammad used to get intoxicated at before claiming Allah revealed verses like qu'ran 33:50 to justify his sexual deviancy with his own adopted son's wife after seeing her uncovered. You know how he loves to claim everything he does is divine including sleeping with 9year old girl child.

Muslim-3753: ''We were with the Prophet of Allah, and He was thirsty, and a man said: O prophet of Allah, Do you want to drink wine? Prophet of Allah said: Yes.The Man went to get the wine. The Prophet of Allah said: Make it Intoxicated. And He (Muhamad) Drank.”

Just keep to your Zeeworld or whatever religious channel it is that you watch and stop trying very hard to analyse international affairs or politics.

[b]I will do well to stick to Zeeworld. It makes for a better leisure experience especially after I am done with my qu'ran and hadiths readings to calm my brain after reading stuffs like this:

Hadith
وَفِي لَفْظٍ لَهُ: { لَقَدْ كُنْتُ أَحُكُّهُ يَابِسًا بِظُفُرِي مِنْ ثَوْبِهِ } (38)‏ .‏
In yet another version of Muslim:

Verily! I ("Aisha) used to scrape it (the semen) off his garment with my nails while it was dry.

Bulugh al-Maram 28
In-book : Book 1, Hadith 33
English translation : Book 1, Hadith 32
Bulugh Al Maram

Hadith
حَدَّثَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو مُعَاوِيَةَ، ح وَحَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ طَرِيفٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدَةُ بْنُ سُلَيْمَانَ، جَمِيعًا عَنِ الأَعْمَشِ، عَنْ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، عَنْ هَمَّامِ بْنِ الْحَارِثِ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، قَالَتْ رُبَّمَا فَرَكْتُهُ مِنْ ثَوْبِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ بِيَدِي ‏.‏
It was narrated that 'Aishah said:

"I often scraped it (semen) from the garment of the Messenger of Allah with my hand."

Sahih (Darussalam)

English : Vol. 1, Book 1, Hadith 537
Arabic : Book 1, Hadith 580
Sunan Ibn Majah
[/b]

Ethiopia's current crisis is of the ethnic sort. Religion has absolutely nothing to do with it.

This was the only part you actually made sense and I agree with you here but you will agree with me to a large extent Islam is an violent ideology.

But I figure you still won't be able to understand what I am trying to pass across. So, don't bother stressing your brain until you embarrass yourself on a global proportion.

Nobody alive will be able to equal the embarrassing details of Muhammad's life as 1.6billion people today call "divine" the actions of a 54year old man who slept with a 9year old girl child.
grin grin you are one who say this embarrassing thing,abi?!!
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by EMMY76: 6:32pm On Nov 15, 2020
zpakln:
Lalibela - Rock-hewn churches

It will surely takes the supernatural to be able to build something like this 900yrs ago.
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by dasparrow: 6:34pm On Nov 15, 2020
mansakhalifa:

The problem with you guys is down to the fact that you know absolutely nothing about Africa.

You don't know crap hence you are prone to be shocked/surprised by normal things such as these.

What do you expect when Nigerian government has eradicated history as a subject from the Nigerian education curriculum? When a people don't read and study their history, they will be forever lost.
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2020
You're great.

thank you, father. thank you, Lord. ❤

1 Like

Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by EMMY76: 6:36pm On Nov 15, 2020
DropsMic:
Their churches are something else...
Checkout pictures of Abuna Yemata Guh.. It is currently the most Inaccessible Place of Worship on Earth..

Read more:
The most Inaccessible Place of Worship on Earth

This looks like a cave how can people worship in this small hole?
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 15, 2020
Amazing.
Re: Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) by thinkmoney(m): 12:25am On Nov 16, 2020
Have u been reading the news lately?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Dunamis Church Constructed Dual Carriageway In Mararaba – Dr. Paul Enenche / "After Prayers, I Would Go Back To Masturbation & Watch Blue Film" - Kenyan Man / Is It A Sin For Married Couples To Use Condoms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.