Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest (53504 Views)

7 Soldiers Killed In Taraba As Bandits Ambush Army General’s Convoy / Soldiers Burn Houses In Ohafia, Abia Over Death Of 7 Soldiers By Unknown Gunmen / 7 Soldiers Killed, 5 Injured As Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Nigerian Troops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by ada9ja(f): 11:25am On Oct 24, 2020
holllandis:
No remorse .Useless President
The worst President in the world
Useless ma

wetin Buhari remorse wan give u (he cant offer anything or bring back the dead or shops and office destroyed).....
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by lastempero: 11:27am On Oct 24, 2020
Didnt know about the soldiers that died oo.
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by akilo1: 11:33am On Oct 24, 2020
And army said photoshop?and baba warning international sympathizers?there was a country!

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by keneck1: 11:37am On Oct 24, 2020
holllandis:
No remorse .Useless President The worst President in the world Useless ma
Ehya,your plain plenty oo
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by tot(f): 12:08pm On Oct 24, 2020
thatigboman:
are u not ashamed of yourself? Watch NTA News, you will see it.

He probably doesn't have light to watch yet defending the very government that has put his life in the state it is.

I am glad to see people are now aware of the BMC group and their monikers. No more acting in stealth, it's in the open now. Defend all day if you like, you've failed already because people recognize what you are trying to do.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by Pelecius: 12:18pm On Oct 24, 2020
J111333:
So people were killed now eekwa?
I thought the news of the killings was propaganda by PDP and Igbos?

The evil that men do because of stipends may render them useless even after reincarnation.

I know a man that a lot of people have severally helped to be useful to himself yet, nothing was working for him and to be fair, he worked hard then.

I was so worried that I said to him one day, go and have a rethink about his life. Don't meet a pastor, don't pray, just have a quiet time and think about your life.

He later told me in confidence that he once lied against an innocent man who suffered greatly for something he knew nothing about and guess what, the innocent man died in that suffering.

As soon as he told me this, I simply stopped every communication and the little help I was offering him to avoid partaking in his karma.

I pray it won't be too late for you and other folks like you here to make amends.
Emphasis on the last Paragraph.
It's painful that the future which we envisage may be frustrated because of folks that keep on denying obvious truth.
Those (paid?) E-warriors were almost confusing me with their online lies and propaganda, capitalizing on the violence of hoodlums and denying the massacre by the govt. It got worse with the death of that app developer. That was where I was almost giving up that they may have some element of truth. I had to personally analyze the wound on his neck, compared it with various STAB WOUNDS and BULLET WOUNDS. It definitely match bullet wounds as was initially reported. But what can I say siince the brother said he died by hoodlums? I gave up.
Now Buhari himself comes out to report death casualties which those e-warriors have been denying, yet they still hold on to their position. This is worse than religious dogmatism.
As you advised, I hope they change before it's too late

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by TinubuGoQuench(f): 12:46pm On Oct 24, 2020
obonujoker:
But northerner BMC paid clowns were saying otherwise for the past few days...

Helinues
Ibedun (ibedaft) etc

Lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by bskyb(m): 1:01pm On Oct 24, 2020
Jack005:
zombie cum paid miscreant. Are people supposed to die when it comes to protest? Mad man.

Try to be calm when you read this.

You have made over 300 posts on Nairaland, over 40% include abusive words, at least 50% of the remaining posts are posts in response to people who you have similar ideologies with.
I understand that due to the nature of their environment or upbringing, some people lack the ability to have civil discussions. You are not a child and I realize that I can not change you, but I can hope that you will look at yourself and make up your mind to change.

You may wish to look at my post again, show it to others if you must (humility is not a crime, neither is ignorance). Perhaps you will begin to understand my stance and why I wrote what I posted.
It might interest you to know that I have been able to contact those who were at the Lekki ground zero and I am speaking from understanding. You may disagree with me, but do so in a civil manner.
If your next response is still like the first, I might not respond to it.
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by bskyb(m): 1:10pm On Oct 24, 2020
emmyN:

Given that the intensity of the protest was not evenly distributed nationwide, you should agree that the most casualty would be recorded from areas with more turnout and volatility. Now in the days coming how many reports of civilian deaths have you seen in the news? Does the figure tally even close to what the President just gave? Where does the surge come from? Have you seen families of any of these so-called 51 come out to make death claims? I'm sure the President is lying.

I agree with your first statement to an extent. A big variable as you mentioned is the relative peacefulness or volatility of each protest ground. I believe the figures reported by the presidency reflects the total numbers in Lagos and perhaps places like Osun and Ondo states.
No, I have not seen families of dead victims coming out to make claims. That casts doubts on the initial figures being bandied around on the social media and this means we should all be cautious when figures are churned out on social media.

What happened could have led to a civil war, a semblance of which has been experienced by the shop-owners and business people whose livelihoods were snatched from them in the name of protests.
And this would have all been because of unconfirmed reports.

I know that lots of people have their minds made up and no matter what you say, they will not change their minds. They would rather abuse you, and that was why I posted what I posted.
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by bskyb(m): 1:28pm On Oct 24, 2020
thatigboman:
apart from lekki and ogbomosho, where else did u record mass killings?

There are reports of deaths in Mushin, Surulere, Ondo state and Edo State. Those are the ones I can find some evidence for. To say that their were no deaths might be false. Similarly, to say that 78 died at Lekki toll gates from bullet wounds might be false.

I advocate that we seek the truth and the truth only. When figures are deliberately skewed by either side, it results in more chaos and distrust. The damage that the lies about the Lekki incident has done to the movement as well as to the FG and by extension, Nigeria as a whole in unquantifiable.
I believe everyone here is educated, we can choose to believe what we want, but let us do so with all sense of responsibility. That is what I was trying to preach with my initial post. People should not shut their minds to facts, we should also listen to the voice of reason.

Afterall, if push comes to shove, all the politicians we are fighting with will leave the country, leaving ordinary Nigerians to cope with the carnage. Just as it happened a few days ago, the intellectuals will not be able to stand the heat after a while, and hoodlums (people who have guns and are ready to use it) will take over. Several examples abound, Libya, CAR, Iraq, Syria etc......we should learn to fight, but we should also learn to negotiate.
Most wars end on the negotiation table nowadays. Even US is negotiating with Taliban!!!!

May God help us.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/422150-endsars-three-reportedly-killed-as-police-shoot-at-protesters-in-ondo.html#:~:text=At%20least%20three%20people%20have,to%20restore%20law%20and%20order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35B2OVJ-j4I

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/421240-two-killed-as-thugs-attack-endsars-protesters-in-edo.html

https://businessday.ng/news/article/endsars-protest-no-fewer-than-15-deaths-recorded-in-edo/
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by kehindetawede: 1:45pm On Oct 24, 2020
May God heal our land and restore the glory of our nation. Everyone perpetrating evil will be brought to justice in due course and Nigeria will be great again. Lessons have been learnt, peace and prosperity is all we need to blossom. Very soon the citizens of this great nation will sing for joy again! Ambassador Kehinde Tawede says so!
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by emmyN(m): 7:37pm On Oct 24, 2020
bskyb:

I agree with your first statement to an extent. A big variable as you mentioned is the relative peacefulness or volatility of each protest ground. I believe the figures reported by the presidency reflects the total numbers in Lagos and perhaps places like Osun and Ondo states.
No, I have not seen families of dead victims coming out to make claims. That casts doubts on the initial figures being bandied around on the social media and this means we should all be cautious when figures are churned out on social media.

What happened could have led to a civil war, a semblance of which has been experienced by the shop-owners and business people whose livelihoods were snatched from them in the name of protests.
And this would have all been because of unconfirmed reports.

I know that lots of people have their minds made up and no matter what you say, they will not change their minds. They would rather abuse you, and that was why I posted what I posted.

This was what I was trying to draw your attention to. You would believe the figures given by the presidency even though you have not seen families of the victims, but you doubt that from an eyewitness' account which was shared live on social media. What gives?
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by bskyb(m): 7:58pm On Oct 24, 2020
emmyN:

This was what I was trying to draw your attention to. You would believe the figures given by the presidency even though you have not seen families of the victims, but you doubt that from an eyewitness' account which was shared live on social media. What gives?

At no point did I say that I believe either of the accounts. Usually, the answer lies between the two extremes. The government will underestimate, the protesters will overestimate.
My stance remains, we should call for calm while trying to get the truth and nothing but the truth.
All found wanting should be punished.
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by bskyb(m): 8:04pm On Oct 24, 2020
emmyN:

My statement that " I believe the figures reported by the presidency reflects the total numbers in Lagos and perhaps places like Osun and Ondo states." Was probably misunderstood. I meant that the figures released by FG is by their own estimates, a total of all the deaths nationwide. I never stated that we should take their figures hook line and sinker.
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by Exjoker(m): 9:53pm On Oct 24, 2020
holllandis:
Nigeria protests: President Buhari says 69 killed in unrest

Sanwo olu is a liar
Do you have any problem with compression Did Sawo-Olu ever give the breakdown of the total that died in unrest
He only Said something about people who died at Lekki tollgate - get that!!!!
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by holllandis: 11:38pm On Oct 24, 2020
Exjoker:
Do you have any problem with compression Did Sawo-Olu ever give the breakdown of the total that died in unrest
He only Said something about people who died at Lekki tollgate - get that!!!!

Sharaap .May the blood of the departed haunt u
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by holllandis: 2:21pm On Oct 25, 2020
Omg this is ridiculous
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by tinktanker: 6:51am On Oct 26, 2020
What a big lie. The figures are totally false
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by Exjoker(m): 7:37am On Oct 26, 2020
holllandis:

Sharaap .May the blood of the departed haunt u
And may the blood of all those innocent people killed after lekki tollgate haunt you too for infuriating the violent that ensure which lead to their death. Hypocrite!!!!
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by holllandis: 5:39pm On Oct 27, 2020
tinktanker:
What a big lie. The figures are totally false

So what Buhari said is false?
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by tinktanker: 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2020
holllandis:

So what Buhari said is false?
definitely. More than 51 persons must have died nation wide
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by holllandis: 6:37pm On Oct 28, 2020
tinktanker:
definitely. More than 51 persons must have died nation wide
You need to have your head examined
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by tinktanker: 8:48pm On Oct 28, 2020
holllandis:

You need to have your head examined
u need to get APC juju off ur head
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by holllandis: 8:33am On Aug 10, 2022
This is baf

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ibrahim Babangida And David Mark Pictured Together Amid Death Rumour / Dele Momodu Clashes With Lauretta Onochie Over President Buhari / "Suswam Engaged In Gun Battle With Fulani Herdsmen" - Chima Amadi Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.