Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Barcelona Gerard Pique’s Emotional Interview With La Vanguarda (open Secret) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barcelona Gerard Pique’s Emotional Interview With La Vanguarda (open Secret) (215 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Down In Tears During Emotional Interview / Barcelona Defender Gerard Pique Caught Driving With Invalid Licence, Fined 48,00 / Gerard Pique Goes To Training With His N4M Electric Bike B'cos Of Driving Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Gerard Pique’s Emotional Interview With La Vanguarda (open Secret) by Naija24vibes: 12:57am On Oct 24, 2020
Here it is Culés, Gerard Pique’s in depth interview with La Vanguarda. Some very, very interesting words. Do have a read!

Q; “How does it feel Why so silence?”

Pique: “I’m fine. The end of last year was a drama and we need some time to digest it. On vacation I did a reset. It’s about starting over.”

Q:”How about Koeman?”

Pique:”Very good sensations. The coach uses a very direct message that the dressing room has liked, and the dose of work has increased. We have started the season well, the defeat of Getafe was an unexpected blow. Let’s see what happens in the classic.”

Q:”Have you rewound? Do you recognize yourself in that speech after the defeat in Lisbon?

Pique:”When something like this happens, something that will be marked forever in the club’s history, the leaders have to make decisions. Look at yourself and see what needs to change, because it is clear that the path we were on was not the right one. You can lose but never like that. What I said I hold firmly today.”

Q:”Did you really think about leaving the club?”

Pique:”If the leaders or the coach who had to come did not count on me, I had no problem. Barça is above all. It’s what came out of me. And I keep thinking about it.”

Pique:”My relationship with the president may be sour, but he is still here.”

Q:Those changes that you claimed should affect all areas, have they come as you imagined them?

Pique:”There were many acquired vices that required profound changes. It is true that some have been done and that perhaps not all of them have to be carried out at once, but it must be noted that things are done differently.”

Q:When do you think everything started to go wrong?”

Pique:”We touched the sky with the triplet of 2015 and from there the club has been falling instead of growing and that trend is unappealable. We hit bottom with 2-8 and we all had to reset to see what was best for the club. From humility, rowing and being clear that nobody is essential.”

Q:Changing a coach mid-season (Valverde) was a mistake?

Pique:”Talking “with the Monday newspaper” as the Argentines say is very easy. We will never know what would have happened, but to me, after winning two leagues and being leaders, firing the coach in the middle of the season, as a project, does not seem coherent. I did not see it logical.”

Q:Don’t heavyweights have too much power to influence at FC Barcelona?

Pique:”We speak a lot, yes. But when a club works better and everything is healthier for everyone, it is when the hierarchies are well marked. The president must be the first and then the coach must rule over the players. When this hierarchy is broken, things don’t work. If we players have had power at some point, it is because other people have not wanted to exercise it.”

Pique:”Messi? I as president would have acted differently. I asked Leo to hold on. The Camp Nou must bear his name “

Q:What relationship do you have today with President Bartomeu?

Read More ..

https://www.naija24vibes.com/2020/10/23/barcelona-gerard-piques-emotional-interview-with-la-vanguarda/

(1) (Reply)

Is It Safe To Host Super Eagles 2021 AFCON Qualifer In Edo State? / Sure Bet Alert / The Undertaker: Everything You Need To Know About Farewell Taker [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.