Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,080 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:51 AM

Letter To Lagos State Governor. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter To Lagos State Governor. (250 Views)

Fayose Pictured At Abuja Airport On His Way To Lagos For EFCC Trial. / EFCC Moves Fayose To Lagos As Trial Begins At Federal High Court On Monday / Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To Lagos State Governor. by desmond2pk: 5:40am On Oct 24, 2020
Dear Lagos State Governor,

First, I pray for the family and friends of those who lost their loved ones in this mayhem. I also sympathize with those who's shops and properties were either burgled or set ablaze. May the good God strengthen everyone at this difficult time and give us strength to rebuild.

Without wasting time, i would like to straight to my point. My governor, the level of unemployment is too much and i would attribute it to the cause of the protests and looting we had this week.
The lagos state government should endervour to create opportunities for employment and stop killing few business opportunities initiated by the youths.
What happened this week was the last statement of frustration by the youths before the end of the end.
Make no mistake, it wasn't police brutality that caused this, it was unemployment. For sure, it was police brutality that triggered it.
O yea, things have been bad. But it became worse this time. The level of hunger in people became unbearable. A bag of rice, which is a stable food for lagosians became N35,000. There is no job anywhere in town and business has become difficult. It took my mother -in-law six hours from lekki to Gbagada on a certain day. The lagos badagry express road has become a curse to those who apply that road. How long would it Take to finish that road? We have seen it drag for about eight years now or more? Many people there work on the island or other parts of Lagos. coming out and going to Okokomaiko to Badagry can take ten hours of your time. The people there are frustrated. It is not good for business. I would advice you to ensure that major roads in lagos are repaired and in good shape.
Please Sir, do your best to make appeal to the federal government to open the borders. That alone can create about 1m businesses and imagine what it can do for lagos state economy.
Pls sir, unban Gookada and others. The ban took away jobs and food from so many tables.
The Taxes are too much. But with jobs lagosians will pay their taxes with joy. But how do you expect them to pay this new electric tarif ? How do you expect them to pay school fees, and buy a bag of rice for N35,000.

A stitch in nine saves ten.

Thank you sir.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Are You Thinking The Same Way I'm Thinking? / Curfew Extended (8pm To 6am) / #endsars: Fashola, Seyi Makinde, Akeredolu In Lagos Over Lagos Shootings(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.