Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses (38403 Views)

Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) / Inside The Room Where Wadume Hid Before Rearrest (pics) / The Killer Of Kolade Johnson, The Police Target And Eyewitnesses All Speak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by FILEBE(m): 9:34pm On Oct 24, 2020
supercase1:
they off the lights so that no video can record their atrocities and parade a fake video to confuse Nigerians may all supporters of this buhari regime be confused all through their lives

Bros. Make we calm down. This is not about the supporters of Buhari. Please let us be cautious of what we say. Are you telling me we don't have supporters of Buhari on that ground that day?

There were all there. We were devoid of any political parties those days. We just wanted our voices to be heard irrespective of any party. Pls don't make this a a party war. I know we have some people who worship their leaders more but I am sure you are wise not to engage them or insult.. Please. Handle the matter just as you would settle a fight between two brothers
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by FILEBE(m): 9:39pm On Oct 24, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
IPOB yoots should go and sit down. Your secrets have been exposed. Una go smell Una yansh for many long years

Pls bros. I beg. All these are not necessary at all. They are not. Please respect the beliefs of everyone. Not everybody thinks the way you do. Please for God's sake.... it is unwise of you to start hurling insults at one another. You can make you statement heard without the insults
How do you get people to listen to you if you continue this path? Is this how we want to teach our children on peace ?

That path of Rebellion is never a good path. You can always make your point without insults or violence. Do you think the people you are against cannot listen to you if they reason with your words?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by nogragra: 9:45pm On Oct 24, 2020
My yoruba people don't let them sell you made in Aba story. Where I have problem is this, even despite not being a supporter of boastful Jagaban
Let the truth be told. Why are the people purported from outside yoruba land come down after him like their very life depend on it. They even ask their proxy in London to look for him. Tinubu is a yoruba man and the affairs happened in yoruba land why must the easterners leave their biafra issue and carry Tinubu'matter on their head like gala. Yoruba wake up, igbos are planning to remove Tinubu for some plot, either because he's blocking their plans in Lagos. They live mostly in Lekki but because they will pay for the toll gate everyday they decided to use the emotive protest for their nefarious activities and burn it down. Unfortunately it will be rebuilt to their disappointment. Let's wait for investigation on the shooting and those who remove the camera. It shows yorubas are careless about their key points even the legendary high court was not spared. Yorubas henceforth must be conscious of what happen within their space because what I see is a carefully calculated move to disenfranchise us of power and say in Lagos, which is on as we speak. If you like my yoruba people disregard it. This is the cavit, no non yorubas are allowed to vote and create tension in yoruba land any more, no more igwes or emirs or seriki in yoruba land again everyone is answerable to Obas in yoruba land.You do in Rome as the Roman's and no more land for sale in yoruba land for non yorubas and any yoruba in collusion on land matters must be made to forfeit the land with no compensation and jail term with no option of payment. Non yoruba investors are welcome to have a max of ten year lease with option to renew. These must be inculcated in the bylaw of each south western state this will at least check all these messing up with our affairs and influx of toxic people into our space. This law must apply to current title holders even with landed properties. They may be compensated for their property but not beyond a limit per square meter.
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by softsoul22(m): 10:51pm On Oct 24, 2020
supercase1:
they off the lights so that no video can record their atrocities and parade a fake video to confuse Nigerians may all supporters of this buhari regime be confused all through their lives
Amen!
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by Emarc16(m): 10:55pm On Oct 24, 2020
Urekaure:

COW, you are deviating, what they told you is to deny that army went there atall, you are saying another thing, Focus COW tongue
you are a bigger cow...so army going there means army massacred them? so the argument has shifted from massacre to army going to lekki toll gate.
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by ThreeEyedRaven: 11:38pm On Oct 24, 2020
emilo2bad:

He is saying the truth why is it is only igbos that are eyewitness jc switch-igbo now this so called chukwu they should really to given evidence not on social media but at the panel
Get out of my mention you treacherous son of a bastard. My brother was at the toll gate and confirmed the shootings. He lost his phone while running for his life as he witnessed someone running beside him got shot. DJ Switched had a live stream of the event but because you fools could Photoshop Buhari's live speech you simply call everything, even a livestream event to be photoshopped. Bastard Cowards!
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by elchapoo: 12:35am On Oct 25, 2020
Fake or real,I jus dey follow all this news small small. It's alleged that about 70 + Los their lives and I know say each of dem get loved ones friends and family that if dem put am together e go reach minimum of 1k people, it's also alleged that those carried out the massacre took away their body.
Out of all those people wey die, how come no video has surfaced online about them.
Even if all of them na burn throwaway, e go more that a dozen of people sharing videos telling the world that they have not seen their, baby daddy, boy friend, baby mama, girl friend, sibling, uncle, aunt,besties.. abi e neva reach more than 24 hours wey dem suppose look missing person?

Why be say all the Cele wey hail we move for social media, non of them shared his or her experience only do switch.

As time dey go if dem no come with list of the victims, at least 30 people identity as family. Hmmm
Hmmm
Hmmm
Hmmm
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by zexy2030(m): 5:41am On Oct 25, 2020
sometimes the rage of vengeance in us as youths of nigeria may seem reduced because u had guns but spiritual just know we will win. since our security is a threat to her citizen then we should protect ourselves. shootings at lekki, confirmedSARS killing innocent lives for no reason. The murdered souls did they steal or rob anyone? Yet most were murdered cold blooded.
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by Dchampion65: 6:09am On Oct 25, 2020
Urekaure:

All of them were precise, can you show us which one is not precise?
Send me a link

I don't have any. reason why I am appealing to those who have it to give it to the panel, so that the world we know who is lying. many tnx
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by Coolcalmcollect(m): 7:28am On Oct 25, 2020
did the guy just say the army shot into the air? if they shot into the air, were there protesters in the air? Nigerians are just lairs
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by Mayniaa: 8:48am On Oct 25, 2020
Emarc16:

you are a bigger cow...so army going there means army massacred them? so the argument has shifted from massacre to army going to lekki toll gate.

If you are purposely lying or twisting the truth, may you and your children die a more gruesome DEATH and they will call it fake news by the grace of the lost souls you are lying against so shall it be.

And by the is it Congo army that went there? Cause Nigeria army said they didn't go cheesy
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by Mayniaa: 8:51am On Oct 25, 2020
Dchampion65:

I don't have any. reason why I am appealing to those who have it to give it to the panel, so that the world we know who is lying. many tnx

So why did you say eye witness account is not precise?

If you are purposely lying or twisting the truth may you and your children die a more gruesome DEATH and they will call it fake news by the special Grace of the lost souls you are lying against, so shall it be
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by Mayniaa: 8:54am On Oct 25, 2020
elchapoo:
Fake or real,I jus dey follow all this news small small. It's alleged that about 70 + Los their lives and I know say each of dem get loved ones friends and family that if dem put am together e go reach minimum of 1k people, it's also alleged that those carried out the massacre took away their body.
Out of all those people wey die, how come no video has surfaced online about them.
Even if all of them na burn throwaway, e go more that a dozen of people sharing videos telling the world that they have not seen their, baby daddy, boy friend, baby mama, girl friend, sibling, uncle, aunt,besties.. abi e neva reach more than 24 hours wey dem suppose look missing person?

Why be say all the Cele wey hail we move for social media, non of them shared his or her experience only do switch.

As time dey go if dem no come with list of the victims, at least 30 people identity as family. Hmmm
Hmmm
Hmmm
Hmmm

Have you been living under a cave?

Oya call them for corpses

And if you are lying purposely or twisting the truth may your children die a more gruesome DEATH and they will call it fake news by the special grace of the lost souls you are lying against, so shall it be, you HEARTLESS ANIMAL

Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by Yewandequeen(f): 8:55am On Oct 25, 2020
supercase1:
exactly

The lights were off so they can perpetrate their evil plans and deny it wasn't so.
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by elchapoo: 9:47am On Oct 25, 2020
Thanks for saying "and if ", Am lying or purposely twisting the truth. If had seen those pics I wouldn't have made that comment in the first. I don't think those posts has gone viral. I frequently visit Nairaland since Monday both trending and front page but didn't see any of the pics you came up with on my mention. Am sorry if my comment added salt to your injury...nobody is paying me to lie or twist anything here, and fully responsible for any comment I make here and what ever that comes with it, the correction, the curse and the insult...
Must you curse? Do you know that there are few people who curse with date, and it works very well when they are returning one?repeatedly Tested and trusted...we are all in this together, PEACE

Mayniaa:

[code][/code]
Have you been living under a cave?

Oya call them for corpses

And if you are lying purposely or twisting the truth may your children die a more gruesome DEATH and they will call it fake news by the special grace of the lost souls you are lying against, so shall it be, you HEARTLESS ANIMAL
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by Mayniaa: 10:02am On Oct 25, 2020
elchapoo:
Thanks for saying "and if ", Am lying or purposely twisting the truth. If had seen those pics I wouldn't have made that comment in the first. I don't think those posts has gone viral. I frequently visit Nairaland since Monday both trending and front page but didn't see any of the pics you came up with on my mention. Am sorry if my comment added salt to your injury...nobody is paying me to lie or twist anything here, and fully responsible for any comment I make here and what ever that comes with it, the correction, the curse and the insult...
Must you curse? Do you know that there are few people who curse with date, and it works very well when they are returning one?repeatedly Tested and trusted...we are all in this together, PEACE

I'm sorry brother, peace.

Check this https://www.nairaland.com/6203833/missing-people-lekki-toll-gate
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by opribo(m): 11:04am On Oct 25, 2020
The blood of our fallen youth heroes and heroines is upon babajide sanwolu,Tinubu and Buhari and all the soldiers used to carry out this evil act
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by rainmon(f): 12:20pm On Oct 25, 2020
LastProphet:

For your information we are not even in the first 8 just like India, Indonesia despite huge GDPs are still among the poorest countries of the world.

That is so wrong. Indonesia is far from being one of the poorest countries on earth. It is in fact an upper middle income country just like Thailand and Malaysia.

https://blogs.worldbank.org/opendata/new-world-bank-country-classifications-income-level-2020-2021

If you called Indonesia as one of the poorest, what is Nigeria or Kenya then?
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by Jiteshell(f): 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2020
Chinnems:
If they had requested us to leave, I’m sure people would have left gently.”[b]If they had requested us to leave, I’m sure people would have left gently.”[/b]If they had requested us to leave, I’m sure people would have left gently.”

As much as I would like to remain apolitical.
We both know that this is not true.
If you would have left gently, why didn't you obey the curfew with that same 'gentleness'?
In your search for public sympathy, don't lie.
The government is guilty already.
You can't make them more guilty than they already are.

The curfew was to start by 9. This incident started about two hours before the curfew.
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by LastProphet: 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2020
rainmon:

That is so wrong. Indonesia is far from being one of the poorest countries on earth. It is in fact an upper middle income country just like Thailand and Malaysia.

https://blogs.worldbank.org/opendata/new-world-bank-country-classifications-income-level-2020-2021

If you called Indonesia as one of the poorest, what is Nigeria or Kenya then?

What is the metric used for computing the wealth of a country? Why does that metric place Luxembourg ahead of a supposed giant like the US? I'm waiting madam lecturer
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by rainmon(f): 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2020
LastProphet:

What is the metric used for computing the wealth of a country? Why does that metric place Luxembourg ahead of a supposed giant like the US? I'm waiting madam lecturer

Just admit you were wrong by including Indonesia in the same group consisting of the actual poorest countries on earth like Ethiopia or Nigeria.

Per capita income 2020

Indonesia: US$ 4.038 (population 260 million)
South Africa: US$ 4.736 (population 60 million)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita

See? Even with much bigger number of population, Indonesia's per capita income almost as big as SA which has much lower number of population. Will you call SA is one of the poorest countries too?

Indonesia grows much faster than SA too... Admittedly in the next three years the average Indonesians will be wealthier than the average South Africans, the wealthiest country in Africa.
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by LastProphet: 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
rainmon:

Just admit you were wrong by including Indonesia in the same group consisting of the actual poorest countries on earth like Ethiopia or Nigeria.

Per capita income 2020

Indonesia: US$ 4.038 (population 260 million)
South Africa: US$ 4.736 (population 60 million)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita

See? Even with much bigger number of population, Indonesia's per capita income almost as big as SA which has much lower number of population. Will you call SA is one of the poorest countries too?

Indonesia grows much faster than SA too... Admittedly in the next three years the average Indonesians will be wealthier than the average South Africans, the wealthiest country in Africa.

Point of correction as follows:
1. Wikipedia is not an accepted source of information in any study whether academic or commerce. As far back as Masters study level you should have been told that. Mention of Wikipedia shows that you have no idea about what Wikipedia is. Next time for authoritative sources of information cite IMF, World Bank as you did earlier albeit in wrong context, World Economic Forum, EIU, WTO, etc.
2. A per capita of 4k USD is still a very poor country stop running on emotions and listen especially to anything you haven't heard before. Even miserably poor Nigeria can do 2k USD per capita so that should tell you 4k isn't a big deal. Monaco does 185k USD, Liechtenstein does 174k USD, Germany 46k and you are correcting someone with claim that Indonesia is not a poor country?
3. Your data on South Africa is wrong on all the points you raised - its per capita is 6k and not 4k. Secondly is not the wealthiest country in Africa, is not even in the first 3 or 4. See don't assume it's only youths that visit nairaland some of your lecturers are here, so don't say what you don't know. In your response lookup countries like Equatorial Guinea, Botswana, Seychelles etc before running your mouth again about SA being the wealthiest country in Africa
Re: Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses by rainmon(f): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2020
LastProphet:

Point of correction as follows:
1. Wikipedia is not an accepted source of information in any study whether academic or commerce. As far back as Masters study level you should have been told that. Mention of Wikipedia shows that you have no idea about what Wikipedia is. Next time for authoritative sources of information cite IMF, World Bank as you did earlier albeit in wrong context, World Economic Forum, EIU, WTO, etc.
2. A per capita of 4k USD is still a very poor country stop running on emotions and listen especially to anything you haven't heard before. Even miserably poor Nigeria can do 2k USD per capita so that should tell you 4k isn't a big deal. Monaco does 185k USD, Liechtenstein does 174k USD, Germany 46k and you are correcting someone with claim that Indonesia is not a poor country?
3. Your data on South Africa is wrong on all the points you raised - its per capita is 6k and not 4k. Secondly is not the wealthiest country in Africa, is not even in the first 3 or 4. See don't assume it's only youths that visit nairaland some of your lecturers are here, so don't say what you don't know. In your response lookup countries like Equatorial Guinea, Botswana, Seychelles etc before running your mouth again about SA being the wealthiest country in Africa

What is your definition of "the poorest"? If US$4k is among the poorest, people like you must eat dirt surviving with only US$2k, and that's before pandemic. Nigeria's economy is projected to contract by about 4 percent in 2020, with severe challenges to regaining growth momentum in 2021-2022. There is no way Nigeria's per capita income would surpass US$1.5k in the next three years.

Stop making other people laugh by comparing any Asian countries to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

SARS Brutalize MC Chikaraw In Ozoro, Delta State / Thugs Attack #EndSARS Protesters In Lokoja, Journalist, Others Shot / Gunmen Kidnap Expatriate, Kill Driver And Soldier In Ondo(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.