Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' (10248 Views)

Alex Otti Visits Sanwo-Olu (Photos) / Ohaneze Ndigbo Lagos Visits Sanwo-Olu (Pictures) / El-Rufai Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says He Nearly Shed Tears Seeing Burnt Sites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by wwwihy: 5:11pm On Oct 24, 2020
Tinubu visits Sanwo-Olu, says I didn’t go nowhere, I’m still Jagaban

All Progressives Congress chieftain, Bola Tinubu, has lamented the invasion and wanton looting of public and private assets in the state of late.

Tinubu made this known on Saturday when he paid a visit to Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, at the State House in Marina.

Addressing journalists after the meeting with the governor, Tinubu said he did not travel out of the country as reported by some sections of the media (not The PUNCH).

He told reporters that the purpose of his meeting with Sanwo-Olu was to ask him if he had ordered soldiers to attack #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki toll gate on Tuesday.

The former Lagos governor said he asked Sanwo-Olu “if he didn’t order the attack, who ordered the attack? That’s all I needed from him.”

Tinubu has come under fire in the last few days over the Lekki incident as rampaging hoodlums burnt down investments reportedly linked with him including a television station, a newspaper house as well as assets of the Lekki Concession Company, the managers of the toll gate.

Speaking on Saturday, Tinubu stressed the need for a thorough investigation into Tuesday night attack.

He said, “First, we have to segregate the calendar – those who suffered casualty before the protests from the hands of SARS. You have to separate that from those who suffered casualty due to what happened at the toll gate.

“For those who suffered casualty from SARS, the Commission of Inquiry that is already set up will unearth that and will make their recommendations. I trust the calibre and the character of the people there, they are independent. That is one.

“Those who suffered casualty during the gunshots need to answer some questions too. Even though we want to help, we still must extract information that will help the government to prepare in future and understand how and when to react because the governor, in particular, is a youth.

“As a youth himself, he (Sanwo-Olu) quickly went to Abuja with the 5/5. The government immediately put into action, dissolved the SARS and had to work through other recommended actions, the needs they demanded. Within a few days, he reported back to the public. That is responsive enough.

“But where are we getting the looting, the carnage, the burning, the invasion of police stations, stealing of arms, maiming of the innocent? It is a handshake beyond the elbow.”

Asked about his whereabouts in the past few days, Tinubu said, “I didn’t go nowhere; I’m a Lagosian and I still hold the title of Asiwaju of Lagos and I am still a Jagaban.

“Fake news is all over the place. They say Seyi my son was kidnapped and was chased but look at him. I didn’t pay a penny to bring him here.”

Tuesday night attack at the Lekki toll gate has been condemned by both local and international civil rights organisations and personalities.

https://punchng.com/tinubu-visits-sanwo-olu-says-i-didnt-go-nowhere-im-still-jagaban/

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by wwwihy: 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2020
Fake News merchants come and see. Tinubu is our leader and there is nothing you guys can do about it. Leave us alone with Tinubu. Atleast he is not Peter Obi that order the massacre of your people through SARS in 2013 during Jonathan regime.

You thought by starting to burn properties that belong to Tinubu, you will be happy, now every state and every business is affected now. It spreads like wildfire to South East, South South and the North.

Yoruba should know that we don't have friends. All of them are ENEMIES

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by TecM0: 5:13pm On Oct 24, 2020
cool

Some people would have heart attack tonight

TVC is back running in air

Tinubu is hail and hearty

Lagos is rebuilding

Their evil is backfiring on their own businesses and warehouses

Sanwo Olu is going to compensate our business owners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGOHSOAjT1c

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by baliyubla: 5:13pm On Oct 24, 2020
See fly claiming to be an Eagle.

It’s clear this coward was hiding in a bunker somewhere and leaked the news of his traveling to throw his would be attackers off.

21 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by CilicMarin: 5:17pm On Oct 24, 2020
If you see how IPOB yoots have been celebrating the burning the of TVC and Other Tinubu's investments different beer parlours , you would think their Liberation in Abia State had finally come...

God Will Continue To Punish IPOB Miscreants...

Wike Has Already Started With Them...

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by adaragbotemi: 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2020
Really
Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by zpakln(f): 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2020
Who is Tinubu?

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by bastardmod: 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2020
Coward Coward Coward.

The chickens have come home to roost for all corrupt politicians.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by joelbooks: 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2020
The video. Deji Adeyanju and Reno Omokri.... you have been exposed as Fake News Merchants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGOHSOAjT1c

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by Afamed: 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2020
zpakln:
Who is Tinubu?
The one that has been tormenting you since time immemorial

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by SalamRushdie: 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2020
CilicMarin:
If you see how IPOB yoots have been celebrating the burning the of TVC and Other Tinubu's investments, you would think their Liberation in Abia State had finally come...

God Will Continue To Punish IPOB Miscreants...

Wike Has Already Started With Them...

Sharap what concern IPoB with TINUBU

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by Brooklynsouth(f): 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2020
wwwihy:
I didn't go ANYWHERE, I am a LAGOSIAN, I entered LAGOS through my HEAD not my legs. I am still the ASIWAJU of LAGOS, I AM THE JAGABAN. I CANNOT BE KILLED by fake news - BOLA TINUBU

https://mobile.twitter.com/Naija_PR/status/1320035729012043778
has the idiot come back runaway scum

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by TecM0: 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2020
baliyubla:
See fly claiming to be an Eagle.

It’s clear this coward was hiding in a bunker somewhere and leaked the news of his traveling to throw his would be attackers off.

Only Cowards like Ojukwu hide in bunkers

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by SalamRushdie: 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2020
Me sef I enter Lagos with my head and not my Leg , I enter Ikoyi with my head not my leg

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by TecM0: 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
has the idiot come back runaway scum

Are you mistaken him for runaway Kanu the Ipob coward?!

Nah!! Tinubu ain't running anywhere he is in Ikoyi

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by OkoNDOoBo: 5:26pm On Oct 24, 2020
Nightmare of wailers.re the idiots still keeping vigil in francecheesy

Tinubu is not the reason why 34 states of Nigeria is useless and unproductive.
You idiots that wanted to burn lagos to ground but end up winning sympathy for Asiwaju.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by MrMaestro: 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2020
TINUBU FOR PRESIDENT!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by IamWonderful: 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2020
Jagaban the man with 1000 life, eni apete ka doju e bole, your enemies will bite their fingers, baby factory products have failed over you and they will continue to fail, IPOB and their accomplices are just jokers. IPOB are butterflies that want to extinguish camp bonfire, they will be roasted in the fire.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by Brooklynsouth(f): 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2020
TecM0:

Are you mistaken him for runaway Kanu the Ipob coward?!

Na Tinubu ain't running anywhere he is in Ikoyi
The useless man can never rule this nation , I Brooklyn south will take it as a personal problem to rubbish his reputation.tinibu your are finished

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2020
TecM0:
cool

Some people would have heart attack

TVC is back

Lagos is rebuilding

Their evil is backfiring on their own businesses and warehouse

Did anyone ever say Tinubu was dead?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by richie240: 5:28pm On Oct 24, 2020
TecM0:
cool

Some people would have heart attack

TVC is back

Lagos is rebuilding

Their evil is backfiring on their own businesses and warehouse

Ojú ti là!
Aféfé ti fé, a ti rí fùrò adìye!

You can't claim to be my friend yet be my strongest enemy at d same time!
Hope all d fuulish falz of yorubaland aka 'sophisticos' learn from this experience!

To ur tents all ye Israel!
You can't be eating my toes and blowing breeze at the same time, like the proverbial rat!
cool

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by datola: 5:28pm On Oct 24, 2020
Akinkanju okunrin ni Tinubu.

This last/current episode should change their mindsets about governance.

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by Ade001ng(m): 5:28pm On Oct 24, 2020
Nice development. Eko o ni baje. O baje ti.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by TecM0: 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2020
richie240:

Ojú ti là!
Aféfé ti fé, a ti rí fùrò adìye!

You can't claim to be my friend yet be my strongest enemy at d same time!
Hope all d fuulish falz aka Yoruba sophisticos learn from this experience!

To ur tents all ye Israel!
You can't be eating my toes and blowing breeze at the same time, like the proverbial rat!
cool

grin grin

Awon weyrey

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by Shortyy(f): 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2020
Lol I thought they said he ran away.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Visits Sanwo-Olu, Says 'I Am Still Jagaban & Asiwaju Of Lagos' by richie240: 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2020
I don't waste my spittle on Igbos like u!

When u've finished replicating what ur lord and savior asked u to do to Tinubu, oba of Lagos, sanwoolu and yorubaland to orji Kali, peter obi, ikpeazu, the obi of Onitsha and igboland, mention me then we can have a meaningful dialogue!
cool

[s]
PaChukwudi44:

They should forgive him because none of your relatives were amongst those killed last Tuesday at Lekki baa? Is Tinubu more Yoruba than the innocent yorubas brutally gunned down at Lekki?
[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Iroju Ogundeji Impeached As Ondo State Deputy Speaker, Replaced By Aderoboye / Civil Defence Officers Arrested For Stealing Fuel / Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.