Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,877 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Where Is Your Treasure - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is Your Treasure (223 Views)

Your Treasure And Your Heart / Where Is Your Treasure? / Where Your Treasure Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Your Treasure by KBARBIE(f): 11:40pm On Oct 24, 2020
WHERE IS YOUR TREASURE?
“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field” (Matthew 13:44).

What do you treasure in this life? Is it wealth, possessions, fame or relationships? If you look around, you will agree with me that treasures on earth have a habit of disappointing us because we do not know if we will be around tomorrow to enjoy them.

Jesus said in Matthew 6:20-21 “But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”

Many may ask, “How can I store up treasures in Heaven?” Possessions and money alone cannot bring contentment but giving them to help others can. The reality of our salvation will be judged by our willingness, cheerful eagerness to part with our possessions for the good of others. That is how you can seek first the Kingdom of God. This is how you can build up treasures in Heaven.

So, take time to draw closer to God. In this uncertain world, amidst the twists and turns of life, the only way you can be safe is if your treasure is in the hands of God.
Re: Where Is Your Treasure by HRHQueenPhil(f): 2:02am On Oct 25, 2020
While reading this,I was asking the Holy Spirit..what's my treasure and where can I find it?
The treasure is the word of God. The field is open for everyone who is ready to plough.
For example, one treasure I discovered is praying for others in job42:10. We see how the captivity of Job turned when he prayed for others. It's a gold mine..many christians dont know this, so they focus their prayers mostly on their needs and family while others who know are not struggling in life
Second treasure is winning souls to Christ and continuous prayer for them.. the gold mine is unfathomable..Dan12:3 best explains the treasure ..while matthew 6:33 throws more light
We see marketers of banks and other sales pdts sweet-talk pple into buying their pdts..if u can only do this for Christ,ur reward here on earth and in heaven will make d world envy u
One more treasure is sacrifice and giving, that treasure makes u look crazy but the favor u will get from God will make u stunned. Perfect example is the man who had built synagogue and his daughter was ill, Jesus went himself to cure the daughter. Also when d lawyer came to Jesus to say what must I do to inherit eternal life, he told him give half and more of all u have to the poor..and d man left sad. If only he knew d treasure in it..he wld av sold all his possession

That's treasure for u..I pray GOD opens our eyes to more treasures and give us grace to do all it takes to get it

1 Like

Re: Where Is Your Treasure by KBARBIE(f): 9:59am On Oct 25, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
While reading this,I was asking the Holy Spirit..what's my treasure and where can I find it?
The treasure is the word of God. The field is open for everyone who is ready to plough.
For example, one treasure I discovered is praying for others in job42:10. We see how the captivity of Job turned when he prayed for others. It's a gold mine..many christians dont know this, so they focus their prayers mostly on their needs and family while others who know are not struggling in life
Second treasure is winning souls to Christ and continuous prayer for them.. the gold mine is unfathomable..Dan12:3 best explains the treasure ..while matthew 6:33 throws more light
We see marketers of banks and other sales pdts sweet-talk pple into buying their pdts..if u can only do this for Christ,ur reward here on earth and in heaven will make d world envy u
One more treasure is sacrifice and giving, that treasure makes u look crazy but the favor u will get from God will make u stunned. Perfect example is the man who had built synagogue and his daughter was ill, Jesus went himself to cure the daughter. Also when d lawyer came to Jesus to say what must I do to inherit eternal life, he told him give half and more of all u have to the poor..and d man left sad. If only he knew d treasure in it..he wld av sold all his possession

That's treasure for u..I pray GOD opens our eyes to more treasures and give us grace to do all it takes to get it

Thanks sis for throwing more light. There's great treasure in repentance, reading the holy book which is the Bible, loving God and your neighbors, and abiding in the commandments of God. Shalom.

(1) (Reply)

Choosing The Right Partner For Success – Pastor Kayode Adeyemo / Finally Found The Garden Of Eden / Be Careful Who You Go To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.