Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Post #EndSARS Protests: Prof Gregory Ibe Sues For Peace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Post #EndSARS Protests: Prof Gregory Ibe Sues For Peace (149 Views)

Abia Governorship: They Tried Using Juju To Stop Me - Prof. Gregory Ibe Alleges / WAEC Denies Gregory Ibe’s Certificate As He Faces Fresh Legal Hurdles / Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Post #EndSARS Protests: Prof Gregory Ibe Sues For Peace by drinoayo: 3:11am On Oct 25, 2020
Against the backdrop of escalating violence, willful destruction of property and looting, on the heels of the #EndSARS protests, the Chancellor of Gregory University Uturu, Prof Gregory Ibe has appealed for peace, Igbere TV reports.

Speaking in reaction to media reports of escalation of violence across the nation, purportedly as a result of hijacking of the #EndSARS protests by hoodlums, Prof Ibe advocated for restrain and caution “to prevent further destruction of critical infrastructure and subsequent exasperation of an already tense atmosphere.

According to Prof Ibe, I condemn in strongest terms alleged hijacking of the #EndSARS protest by hoodlums, who subsequently have embarked on massive destruction of private and public infrastructure.

In apparent disregard to the mournful mood of the nation, occasioned by the tragic loss of innocent protesters, these acts of arson have been proliferated across the nation with increasing propensity.

He thereby enjoined perpetuators of these unpatriotic acts to restrain while allowing for peaceful resolution of the issues being contended for by the #EndSARS protesters.

In his words, “I join both President Muhammadu Buhari and my Governor Dr Okezie Ikpeazu in appealing for cessation of all hostilities to create enabling environment for peaceful settlement of the issues that precipitated the protest in the first place.

“I therefore raise and wave the flag of peace enjoining everyone to respect the right of others to grieve over the loss of their loved relatives, heal from the tragedy and obtain closure in the process.”

Contending that wanton destruction of public infrastructure will not be beneficial to anyone, Prof Ibe concluded by enjoining Abians in particular to rise up in protection of public assets by organising local watch sessions and vigilante groups to secure such facilities.

According to him, I also support the call by my Governor Dr Okezie Ikpeazu for security agents and our local vigilante groups to deploy conventional lawful means in preventing escalation of all forms of violence while protecting hard earned public infrastructure from destruction.

He argued that the state needs to remain attractive to all forms of foreign and local investments to grow her economy,a desire that cannot be achieved in an environment of hostility.

Correspondents report that since the unfortunate shooting of #EndSARS protesters by yet to be ascertained uniformed soldiers in Lekki Toll Plaza, the media has been awash with reports of escalating violence, massive destruction and looting of properties across the nation.

https://igberetvnews.com/1369283/post-endsars-protests-prof-gregory-ibe-sues-peace/

Lalasticlala

Re: Post #EndSARS Protests: Prof Gregory Ibe Sues For Peace by SoBright101: 3:20am On Oct 25, 2020
Peace is what the protesters actually want, a conducive environment where everyone would excel irrespective of tribe or religion or political affiliation before paid hoodlums hijacked the whole thing and turned it to violence.
Say no to violence and looting

Beware Nigerians. This is the time to know and understand the true identity of those who cause tribalism on here, they are paid agents, they are neither from east or west. They have more than twenty accounts, they would create tribal topics and make tribal comments with another accounts to cause chaos between southerners. Though, they have no conscience but you can try to educate them or better ignore them. They are easy to identify, use your head brothers.

They dominates this platform, they are agents of destruction.

(1) (Reply)

The Government Needs To Explain To Nigerians About Palatives. / Video: Desmond Elliott Denise Rumor About Bill To Regulate Social Media / NIGERIA And It's Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.