Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,027 members, 7,953,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:25 AM

Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? (1478 Views)

‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister / Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders / Aftermath Of Atiku & Peter Obi's Campaign In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by OfficialAwol(m): 7:56am On Oct 25, 2020
Just as the headline reads, do you think things will go back to what it used to be before the #EndSARS protest?

I'm asking this question because some people have blamed the youth for giving up and are predicting doomsday for the youth for daring poke their hands in the eyes of our oppressors.

But do you really think we made no gains from this protest?

Do you think we will go back to an era where a policeman will accost any young boy on the road and ask him to open his phone?

Do you think we will go back to the days where driving Benz, Lexus ES 330 or 350 is a crime?

Do you think youths approach to elections, where any cow will be supported because he has dressed in a coat and termed competent without any proven record of achievement or intellectual capacity, will remain the same?

Do you think the Southwest and the rest of the South will still remain "as divided" going forward?

Do you really think we made no gains?
Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by Zionmdde: 7:57am On Oct 25, 2020
yes the division even got deeper thanks to the AWON they came to destroy lagos gang.

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by OfficialAwol(m): 8:05am On Oct 25, 2020
Zionmdde:
yes the division even got deeper
thanks to the AWON they came to destroy lagos gang.

That's what's on the Internet.

The residents of Lagos Island know those who burnt Oba's palace by name.

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by TecM0: 8:07am On Oct 25, 2020
cool

EndSARs protest changes nothing if anything it compounded issues for Nigeria and it would accelerate 2021 recession

As long as SouthWest Leaders get single out to be blamed while other region protect theirs and even call them hero then I don't see anything like unity

As long as only southwest is singled out to be blamed for voting and supporting our own VP in an election while others voted theirs without us blaming them then I don't see unity

Will Police stop conducting patrol and highway stop and search?! Maybe not for now, but RRS are back on street at strategic points and they have arrested atleast 200 in connection with Lagos chaos so to be save and not tagged hoodlums by Police better walk around with receipts of your new electronics and gadget and better hold your vehicle particulars intact when driving your Lexus and benz

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by OfficialAwol(m): 8:36am On Oct 25, 2020
TecM0:
cool

EndSARs protest changes nothing if anything it compounded issues for Nigeria and it would accelerate 2021 recession

As long as SouthWest Leaders get single out to be blamed while other region protect theirs and even call them hero then I don't see anything like unity

As long as only southwest is singled out to be blamed for voting and supporting our own VP in an election while others voted theirs without us blaming them then I don't see unity

Will Police stop conducting patrol and highway stop and search?! Maybe not for now, but RRS are back on street at strategic points and they have arrested atleast 200 in connection with Lagos chaos so to be save and not tagged hoodlums by Police better walk around with receipts of your new electronics and gadget and better hold your vehicle particulars intact when driving your Lexus and benz

It is taken for granted that due to the times we are in, the police would ordinarily be on patrol everywhere.

My question was for when normalcy returns, if you think the kind of brutality that took us to the streets will still be meted by the police.

Now about Tinubu and being blamed, in the history of Nigeria, have you read somewhere or seen a Northerner supporting a Southerner against a sitting Northern president?

Your Tinubu supported Buhari against a sitting Southern Executive President because of VP.

Now, since Osinbanjo has been VP, what has Southwest gained from it?

If not for Amotekun, Southwest was almost run over by herdsmen.

Lagos-Ibadan expressway is not completed after 6 years.

Lagos-Ibadan railway was first awarded by GEJ.

What significant difference has Osinbajo brought to SW?

Instead the Fulani cabals has rendered him almost useless and to an errand boy.

Come on!

5 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by Kyase(m): 8:45am On Oct 25, 2020
OfficialAwol:

It is taken for granted that due to the times we are in, the police would ordinarily be on patrol everywhere.

My question was for when normalcy returns, if you think the kind of brutality that took us to the streets will still be meted by the police.

Now about Tinubu and being blamed, in the history of Nigeria, have you read somewhere or seen a Northerner supporting a Southerner against a sitting Northern president?

Your Tinubu supported Buhari against a sitting Southern Executive President because of VP.

Come on!

I guess people like shakareu, lamido etc that supported Gej against Buhari are from Sudan or Libya Right?

And why is Amotekun, very useless now when you need them, or they are only to fight herdsmen?

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by Sunnycliff(m): 8:47am On Oct 25, 2020
[s]
TecM0:
cool

[/s]

You're a disgrace to humanity

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by uchrikk(m): 8:48am On Oct 25, 2020
We have all seen the destruction and carnage that the peaceful EndSARS led us into. More of it without control and adequate policing will lead us to the kind of situation in Libya, Syria, Lebanon etc.

Will things change? I don't think so. So far as we have police, which we need anyway, there will always be overzealous ones among them. It is the same all over the world. We can only ask for effective justice system to redress excesses.

The only place you find true rest is in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by History555: 8:52am On Oct 25, 2020
Next time people want to organise protest, they will check the ethnicity of those calling for such

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by TecM0: 8:53am On Oct 25, 2020
OfficialAwol:

Come on!

Yar'Adua senior died in prison for Abiola against Abacha regime

In 1993 Northerners supported Abiola over Ibrahim Yoga from Kanu, and many Northerners protested the annulment till Babangida was forced to step down

In 2003 Northerners supported Obasanjo against Buhari

Now about Goodluck Jonathan and Tinubu, it is most unfortunate and unforgivable , that you want Tinubu who supported Jonathan in 2011 only for him to be attacked by Jonathan's Presidency through CCT to support him yet again, Obasanjo a Yoruba man single handedly picked Jonathan from the dust bin, and what did Yoruba get 6 years of Marginalisation with Yoruba's getting no meaningful position, no single project

Atleast Ordinary VP you talked about gave us Amotekun, He as acting President while Buhari was sick signed the counterpart fund to commence Lagos Ibadan Abeokuta standard guage which Obasanjo administration planned in our rail master plan and Jonathan ignored for Abuja Kaduna rail

Atleast Lagos Ibadan express way is getting steady attention and accidents have dratically reduced, 3 mainland bridge is getting attention

So like I said, Yoruba's are free to vote anybody and should not be blamed as we never blamed Ibos for voting who they like since independence

We share nothing in common with Ibos so all forced unity would fail if we don't respect our differences closest Ibo town to Yoruba land is 500 km away and you would cross a major river

Unlike northerners that we share borders with and SouthSouth .. we have no historical link with Ibos and we must simple tolerate our differences

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by Focktot: 8:53am On Oct 25, 2020
TecM0:
cool

You have said nothing but the truth

I have not seen anyone condemn Obiano for protecting Nwafor..

I have not seen any condemn Ikpezu for thr supervision of killing of thousands of ipob members..

I have never seen anyone condemned Peter Obi for the supervision of the killings of numerous Massob members.

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by TecM0: 8:54am On Oct 25, 2020
Sunnycliff:
[s][/s]

You're a disgrace to humanity

As usual an Ibo man resort to insult

And I guess you are a honour to humanity

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by TecM0: 8:55am On Oct 25, 2020
Focktot:
You have said nothing but the truth

I have not seen anyone condemn Obiano for protecting Nwafor..

I have not seen any condemn Ikpezu for thr supervision of killing of thousands of ipob members..

I have never seen anyone condemned Peter Obi for the supervision of the killings of numerous Massob members.

This hypocrisy and double standard is the bane of friction between us

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by Sunnycliff(m): 8:55am On Oct 25, 2020
[s]
TecM0:

As usual an Ibo man resort to insult

And I guess you are a honour to humanity
[/s]

An honor not a honour
Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by TecM0: 8:57am On Oct 25, 2020
Sunnycliff:
[s][/s]

An honor not a honour

Whatever man ... If you are bereft of ideas kindly leave this thread for people who have better things to contribute
Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by Focktot: 9:00am On Oct 25, 2020
TecM0:

This hypocrisy and double standard is the bane of friction between us

Exactly!

This has always been the reason why unity will never work.

Unity built on hypocritical behaviour.
Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by Dede1(m): 9:02am On Oct 25, 2020
Zionmdde:

Above could only come from coward perennially afraid of standing by itself. Lagos was not the only state or city that saw the wave of destruction unleashed by the angry youths. Enugu is subjected to the same destruction and nobody had even remotely blaming anybody. Until the shithole called Nigeria is disintegrated, zombies would not realize that Lagos is simply a part of the whole shit not all.
Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by TecM0: 9:03am On Oct 25, 2020
Focktot:
Exactly!

This has always been the reason why unity will never work.

Unity built on hypocritical behaviour.

Did you see anyone of them openly condemn numerous inciteful comments of Nnamdi Kanu.. their leaders kept mute

Now a nonentity unknown in Yoruba land made a quit notice video to Ibos , all those who dodged Kanu's inciteful comments have gained their voice

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by Focktot: 9:08am On Oct 25, 2020
TecM0:

Did you see anyone of them openly condemn numerous inciteful comments of Nnamdi Kanu.. their leaders kept mute

Now a nonentity unknown in Yoruba land made a quit notice video to Ibos , all those who dodged Kanu's inciteful comments have gained their voice

What shocked me the most is how they made Adeyinka grandson the mouth piece of Yoruba people. cheesy

They are doing it for a sinister motive

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by bethel13593: 11:30am On Oct 25, 2020
:yes the division even got deeper thanks to the AWON they came to destroy lagos gang.That's what's on the Internet.The residents of Lagos Island know those who burnt Oba's palace by name.
Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by OfficialAwol(m): 12:22pm On Oct 25, 2020
TecM0:

Yar'Adua senior died in prison for Abiola against Abacha regime

In 1993 Northerners supported Abiola over Ibrahim Yoga from Kanu, and many Northerners protested the annulment till Babangida was forced to step down

In 2003 Northerners supported Obasanjo against Buhari

Now about Goodluck Jonathan and Tinubu, it is most unfortunate and unforgivable , that you want Tinubu who supported Jonathan in 2011 only for him to be attacked by Jonathan's Presidency through CCT to support him yet again, Obasanjo a Yoruba man single handedly picked Jonathan from the dust bin, and what did Yoruba get 6 years of Marginalisation with Yoruba's getting no meaningful position, no single project

Atleast Ordinary VP you talked about gave us Amotekun, He as acting President while Buhari was sick signed the counterpart fund to commence Lagos Ibadan Abeokuta standard guage which Obasanjo administration planned in our rail master plan and Jonathan ignored for Abuja Kaduna rail

Atleast Lagos Ibadan express way is getting steady attention and accidents have dratically reduced, 3 mainland bridge is getting attention

So like I said, Yoruba's are free to vote anybody and should not be blamed as we never blamed Ibos for voting who they like since independence

We share nothing in common with Ibos so all forced unity would fail if we don't respect our differences closest Ibo town to Yoruba land is 500 km away and you would cross a major river

Unlike northerners that we share borders with and SouthSouth .. we have no historical link with Ibos and we must simple tolerate our differences

Was Ibrahim Torfa a sitting president in 1993?

If you do not care how the West and East can find a common ground of unity, then you are an agent of division and I have no business with you.
Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by OfficialAwol(m): 12:30pm On Oct 25, 2020
TecM0:

You did not read Ohanaeze dissociate itself from Kanu's statement?

Or that was not enough?

But if Ohanaeze endorses a candidate, then they are speaking for the whole Igbo.

You guys can nu go on and do your worst.
Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by TecM0: 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2020
OfficialAwol:

Was Ibrahim Torfa a sitting president in 1993?

If you do not care how the West and East can find a common ground of unity, then you are an agent of division and I have no business with you.

And you intentionally didn't read this part of my comment

We share nothing in common with Ibos so all forced unity would fail if we don't respect our differences

Choosing to label me agent of division

Well am not surprised... It's either everyone follows your opinion or ideology or you call them names .. traitors , cowards, agent of division
Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by OfficialAwol(m): 12:32pm On Oct 25, 2020
TecM0:

Or that was not enough?

But if Ohanaeze endorses a candidate, then they are speaking for the whole Igbo.

You guys can nu go on and do your worst...
Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by OfficialAwol(m): 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2020
TecM0:

Or that was not enough?

You guys can go on and do your worst...
Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by TecM0: 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2020
OfficialAwol:

Or that was not enough?

You guys can go on and do your worst...

Desociate by saying he doesn't speak for them... But later same ohaneneze made it known if it doesn't get Ibo Presidency in 2023 it would join IPOB

We expect stern warning, rebuttal and outright condemnation from Ibos on various inciteful remarks of Kanu not some desociation by ohaneneze, while Orji Kalu and Kanu are seen together, Peter Obi and Abaribe attending his parents burial without even saying a single word of caution to Kanu

Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by OfficialAwol(m): 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2020
TecM0:

And you intentionally didn't read this part of my comment

We share nothing in common with Ibos so all forced unity would fail if we don't respect our differences

Choosing to label me agent of division

Well am not surprised... It's either everyone follows your opinion or ideology or you call them names .. traitors , cowards, agent of division

And the way to "respect our differences" is by accusing the Igbos of plan to destabilize Lagos?

Accusing Igbos, wrongly, of invading the Oba's palace?

Committing arson across Lagos?

And in fact a ground plan to destabilize the whole of Southwest?

By issuing quit notice to the Igbos?

You guys glory in molesting the Igbos. Quit notice in the North, now quit notice in the West.

All of a sudden you share more in common with people of Futa Jalon than the Igbos.
Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by TecM0: 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2020
OfficialAwol:

And the way to "respect our differences" is by accusing the Igbos of plan to destabilize Lagos?

Accusing Igbos, wrongly, of invading the Oba's palace?

Committing arson across Lagos?

And in fact a ground plan to destabilize the whole of Southwest?

By issuing quit notice to the Igbos?

You guys glory in molesting the Igbos. Quit notice in the North, now quit notice in the West.

All of a sudden you share more in common with people of Futa Jalon than the Igbos.

Don't categorise

Who accused you and Ibo mention names , Atleast I mentioned Kanu's name

Whether you like it or not the honest truth is we are culturally socialy different and I maintain my point the only way for southern unity is if we respect that differences politically and socially

We don't even vote the same pattern since independence so why not just respect us for our differences just as an Hausa man those

Re: Aftermath Of Endsars, Do You Think Things Will Remain The Same? by IamWonderful: 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2020
Zionmdde:
Obinna was arrested in Akure for arson, Wike threatened IPOB members in Rivers for causing problem.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Mocks FG Over Importation Of Petrol From Niger / Deleted / Buhari Home State Katsina To Convert Viewing Centres To Islamic Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.