Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,458 members, 7,843,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Covid19: Share Your Experience Arriving From Abroad Recently - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Covid19: Share Your Experience Arriving From Abroad Recently (1197 Views)

Man Mourns Girlfriend Who Died In An Accident 11 Days After Arriving Nigeria / Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) / Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid19: Share Your Experience Arriving From Abroad Recently by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 25, 2020
A friend is planning to come into the country from abroad and wants to get first hand experience on this topic.

Questions he has that I don't have answers to are many but I've managed to summarize them and come up with the three below.

1. What are the procedures as it regards covid19 traveling and coming into Nigeria? How is the isolation thing going at the moment? Are people still being made to undergo mandatory isolation? Google search didn't give him much answer as he said.

2. He tested positive to the virus and is currently self isolating with ongoing treatment but hopes to be cleared of the virus soon to be able to travel. We believe that at the port of entry in Lagos airport, he will be asked if he has ever tested positive and we bother about what his honest answer will result in.

3. Any nairalander that came into the country from US or Canada recently, please give an insight into your flight path and return ticket(very important).

If you have any other information to share, kindly do so for onward transmission.

Thank you.

CC: Justwise
DisGuy
Lalasticlala
Re: Covid19: Share Your Experience Arriving From Abroad Recently by Ishilove: 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2020
How is the isolation thing going at the moment? Are people still being made to undergo mandatory isolation? Google search didn't give him much answer as he said.
Self isolation is a fallacy. People are coming in and going like it's Oyingbo market. Nobody fears Covid again because if Buhari cannot kill us then what is Covik?

4 Likes

Re: Covid19: Share Your Experience Arriving From Abroad Recently by Olalekank(m): 2:32pm On Oct 25, 2020
Ishilove:

Self isolation is a fallacy. People are coming in and going like it's Oyingbo market. Nobody fears Covid again because if Buhari cannot kill us then what is Covik?
Likeeee. This is so apt

All through the COVID heat in Lagos, bank staffs were still going to work. Till now, I'm yet to see any banker (that I know) who have contracted the virus

2 Likes

Re: Covid19: Share Your Experience Arriving From Abroad Recently by Jaycew(f): 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2020
J111333:
A friend is planning to come into the country from abroad and wants to get first hand experience on this topic.

Questions he has that I don't have answers to are many but I've managed to summarize them and come up with the three below.

1. What are the procedures as it regards covid19 traveling and coming into Nigeria? How is the isolation thing going at the moment? Are people still being made to undergo mandatory isolation? Google search didn't give him much answer as he said.

2. He tested positive to the virus and is currently self isolating with ongoing treatment but hopes to be cleared of the virus soon to be able to travel. We believe that at the port of entry in Lagos airport, he will be asked if he has ever tested positive and we bother about what his honest answer will result in.

3. Any nairalander that came into the country from US or Canada recently, please give an insight into your flight path and return ticket(very important).

If you have any other information to share, kindly do so for onward transmission.

Thank you.

DisGuy
Lalasticlala
Your friend? He got the blue passport? If yes. I'm singular grin

1 Like

Re: Covid19: Share Your Experience Arriving From Abroad Recently by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
Jaycew:

Your friend? He got the blue passport? If yes. I'm singular grin
Yea, he has blue North Korean passport. grin

1 Like

Re: Covid19: Share Your Experience Arriving From Abroad Recently by duduade: 10:23pm On Oct 25, 2020
J111333:
Yea, he has blue North Korean passport. grin

Abeg before landing he must be sure they rerun that test twice to be sure that he is corona certified free

We are just readjusting o

Abeg

1 Like

Re: Covid19: Share Your Experience Arriving From Abroad Recently by DAramis: 2:40am On Oct 26, 2020
duduade:

Abeg before landing he must be sure they rerun that test twice to be sure that he is corona certified free

We are just readjusting o

Abeg

grin grin grin

Abeg, you dey fear say the virus will be reintroduced again into the country? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Covid19: Share Your Experience Arriving From Abroad Recently by duduade: 5:36am On Oct 26, 2020
DAramis:

grin grin grin

Abeg, you dey fear say the virus will be reintroduced again into the country? cheesy

Yes o
Re: Covid19: Share Your Experience Arriving From Abroad Recently by MPESA(m): 12:07pm On Oct 26, 2020
Nothing much, did my covid-19 test less than 72 hours before departure, upload results and other health and personal information on their portal and paid #50,400 for another covid-19 test in nigy, lands on 2nd of October, observed some other protocol in MMA upon arrival such as fillings some forms regards convid-19.... Less than 7 days I got a mail regards the test.

P.s

Airlines won't board you from your country of residence/departure without paying #50,400 or showing your receipts at the counter.

2 Likes

Re: Covid19: Share Your Experience Arriving From Abroad Recently by Ishilove: 7:37am On Oct 27, 2020
Olalekank:

Likeeee. This is so apt

All through the COVID heat in Lagos, bank staffs were still going to work. Till now, I'm yet to see any banker (that I know) who have contracted the virus
A client of mine based in Maryland called me from the airport late last month to nag about an outstanding payment and by the next day he was already at my office. I was like 'oga are you not self isolating?', and he laughed merrily like I had made a good joke. That's when I knew that self isolation na for paper grin

Na dem dey come dash us Covid in Naija

1 Like

Re: Covid19: Share Your Experience Arriving From Abroad Recently by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 27, 2020
MPESA:
Nothing much, did my covid-19 test less than 72 hours before departure, upload results and other health and personal information on their portal and paid #50,400 for another covid-19 test in nigy, lands on 2nd of October, observed some other protocol in MMA upon arrival such as fillings some forms regards convid-19.... Less than 7 days I got a mail regards the test.

P.s

Airlines won't board you from your country of residence/departure without paying #50,400 or showing your receipts at the counter.
Wonderful.
Where did you come from and have you gone back? What airline did you use?
Re: Covid19: Share Your Experience Arriving From Abroad Recently by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 27, 2020
Ishilove:

A client of mine based in Maryland called me from the airport late last month to nag about an outstanding payment and by the next day he was already at my office. I was like 'oga are you not self isolating?', and he laughed merrily like I had made a good joke. That's when I knew that self isolation na for paper grin

Na dem dey come dash us Covid in Naija
Covid19 is like glorified malaria and many Nigerians already have strong antibodies for typhoid and malaria.

Do you know how many Nigerians that have got sick and recovered from the virus without knowing?

Government should make testing cheap and available to all and you'll be shocked.
Re: Covid19: Share Your Experience Arriving From Abroad Recently by Ishilove: 8:04pm On Oct 28, 2020
J111333:
Covid19 is like glorified malaria and many Nigerians already have strong antibodies for typhoid and malaria.

Do you know how many Nigerians that have got sick and recovered from the virus without knowing?

Government should make testing cheap and available to all and you'll be shocked.
Yezzur. We are built to last.
Re: Covid19: Share Your Experience Arriving From Abroad Recently by Ishilove: 1:08am On Oct 29, 2020
J111333:

Thank you.

DisGuy
Lalasticlala
I believe this may be helpful

https://www.nairaland.com/6099141/nigerian-airspace-reopening-share-travel/5#94029266

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Norway Or UK? / Travel Diary Of A Nigerian-American Nurse / Pls Help Me..my Babe And I Are In A Fix And A Serious Dilemma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.