Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,374 members, 7,861,029 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:25 PM

Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos (885 Views)

Okorocha Awards Contract For The Building Of Ohaneze Ndi Igbo Secretariat / IPOB: My Resignation Letter Over The Criminal Silence Of Ohaneze Ndi Igbo(pic) / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by AljUche: 3:15am On Mar 10, 2011
When ohaneze talked about economic engine of lagos, I would like to ask them this questions.

What do they understand by "the engine room of , economy"

What qualifies Ndigbo as the engine room of Lagos economy?

Did they bring the sea to Lagos and will go back with it?

They own most of the banks?

The insurance companies?

Shipping companies?

They are large employers of labor?

I guess there own idea of an "engine" is cash and carry-import and sell? Any eediot can do that!

Do they undertsand the kind of stress that over-population has put on the real sector of economy in Lagos by the import based cash and carry orientation.

Do they realize how much Lagos as lost in its serenity and the quality of life as we know it in the 70's growing up?

Do you realize that almost every part of Lagos has become "ghettorized" Ikoyi, VI, Ikeja, Magodo are all in tatters.

There are seaports in Warri, Calabar and Port Harcourt why can't they go and drive the economy there?

The number one driver of economy in Lagos is the conducive atmosphere and tolerance of the Yoruba people, when they are forced to take that off the table with constant harassment like this, then we shall all see the repercussion.
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by AljUche: 3:16am On Mar 10, 2011
please view your points and do not make it ethno-centric

thank you smiley

plsoooo
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by AljUche: 3:20am On Mar 10, 2011
What is ohaneze done about massob biafra dream before ruling other people be it ijaw and co ?
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by Chyz2: 3:24am On Mar 10, 2011
Alj Uche:

What is ohaneze done about massob biafra dream before ruling other people be it ijaw and co ?

Ohanaeze has nothing to do with Biafra. Also, what made you mention ijaw and ohanaeze ruling them?
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by AljUche: 3:31am On Mar 10, 2011
Chyz*:

Ohanaeze has nothing to do with Biafra. Also, what made you mention ijaw and ohanaeze ruling them?

when i said ohaneze, i meant ohaneze is now a social-political group that represent the interest of ndigbo in and outside aligbo.

so if they want to make themselves more politically relevant in a state like lagos, i ask what have they done with the massob and biafra slogan in aligbo. would ohaneze want an OPC member or someone related to them to rule there state ?

i mentioned ijaw because i believe there are more igbos in balysea or rivers state than in lagos, so why can't they ask for political relevace there,.,. why lagos

or are there no igbo that are indigenous in edo state any more, surly there population would be more than lagos

why not edo state, why lagos?

thanks smiley
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by Chyz2: 3:45am On Mar 10, 2011
Alj Uche:

when i said ohaneze, i meant ohaneze is now a social-political group that represent the interest of ndigbo in and outside aligbo.

so if they want to make themselves more politically relevant in a state like lagos, i ask what have they done with the massob and biafra slogan in aligbo. would ohaneze want an OPC member or someone related to them to rule there state ?

i mentioned ijaw because i believe there are more igbos in balysea or rivers state than in lagos, so why can't they ask for political relevace there,.,. why lagos

or are there no igbo that are indigenous in edo state any more, surly there population would be more than lagos

why not edo state, why lagos?

thanks smiley

Ohanaeze and MASSOB have two totally different missions/goals; One wants to promote the igbo culture,tradition, and relevance in nigeria, while the other wants Igbo secession from nigeria. So no, it would make no point for ohanaeze to indulge itself into MASSOB issues.

You are wrong about it being more Igbos in Bayelsa than lagos. There are, i believe, only two indigenous Igbo communities in Bayelsa. The rest of the Igbos there are from other states, and there is not many.

As far as Rivers, Ohanaeze needs not ask for political relevance for the Igbos in Rivers because 65-70% of Rivers State is Igbo. The governor of Rivers as we speak is Igbo and thetwo governors before him, Ohemia and Odili, are Igbos as well.

About the Igbos in Edo state, there are only a few indigenous Igbo communities in Edo state, the number doesn't even at up to the Igbos in lagos. Ohanaeze is/was also involved in getting them included in Anioma State.
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by AljUche: 3:48am On Mar 10, 2011
Chyz*:

Ohanaeze and MASSOB have two totally different missions/goals; One wants to promote the igbo culture,tradition, and relevance in nigeria, while the other wants Igbo secession from nigeria. So no, it would make no point for ohanaeze to indulge itself into MASSOB issues.

You are wrong about it being more Igbos in Bayelsa than lagos. There are, i believe, only two indigenous Igbo communities in Bayelsa. The rest of the Igbos there are from other states, and there is not many.

As far as Rivers, Ohanaeze needs not ask for political relevance for the Igbos in Rivers because 65-70% of Rivers State is Igbo. The governor of Rivers as we speak is Igbo and thetwo governors before him, Ohemia and Odili, are Igbos as well.

About the Igbos in Edo state, there are only a few indigenous Igbo communities in Edo state, the number doesn't even at up to the Igbos in lagos. Ohanaeze is/was also involved in getting them included in Anioma State.

okayyyy smiley makes sense now

so you believe it is rightful for ohaneze to demand for more seats in lagos when we have hausa which are par with the igbo population

kanuri, edo, ijaw and co

what do you think undecided
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by Chyz2: 3:57am On Mar 10, 2011
Alj Uche:

okayyyy  smiley makes sense now

so you believe it is rightful for ohaneze to demand for more seats in lagos when we have hausa which are par with the igbo population

kanuri, edo, ijaw and co

what do you think  undecided

The Hausas are not par with Igbos in Lagos. Ohanaeze cannot fight for that the hausas,edo,kanuri, etc. want, they only concern themselves with their own ethnic group. If the hausas want seats who is stopping them for "demanding" it? They are free to do so.
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by foreman: 8:06am On Mar 10, 2011
Alj Uche:

When ohaneze talked about economic engine of lagos, I would like to ask them this questions.

What do they understand by "the engine room of , economy"

What qualifies Ndigbo as the engine room of Lagos economy?

Did they bring the sea to Lagos and will go back with it?

They own most of the banks?

The insurance companies?

Shipping companies?

They are large employers of labor?

I guess there own idea of an "engine" is cash and carry-import and sell? Any eediot can do that!

Do they undertsand the kind of stress that over-population has put on the real sector of economy in Lagos by the import based cash and carry orientation.

Do they realize how much Lagos as lost in its serenity and the quality of life as we know it in the 70's growing up?

Do you realize that almost every part of Lagos has become "ghettorized" Ikoyi, VI, Ikeja, Magodo are all in tatters.

There are seaports in Warri, Calabar and Port Harcourt why can't they go and drive the economy there?

[b]The number one driver of economy in Lagos is the conducive atmosphere and tolerance of the Yoruba people, when they are forced to take that off the table with constant harassment like this, then we shall all see the repercussion.

[/[/b]quote]

Who would imagine that ALJ has a brain like this!
Don't worry about the Igbo Alj, self-destruction is their way.

Trust my Lagos homeboys, their fvck-up will be treated, after elections,
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by Ojiofor: 8:24am On Mar 10, 2011
this attention seeking aboki sef!you are neither Igbo nor Lagosian so wetin be your own?you went to NVS and copied someone's post and paste it here as if your nama brain could come up with anything close to that.
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by foreman: 8:39am On Mar 10, 2011
which one be nvs?
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by Ojiofor: 8:58am On Mar 10, 2011
NVS is nigeriavillagesquare.com people like NAMA ABOKI alh boko haram have no place there because he cant contribute anything meaningful.
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by OBULAR(m): 9:36am On Mar 10, 2011
what is your point here, cos i can't seem to understand you,
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by Ojiofor: 9:52am On Mar 10, 2011
The poster of this thread know what my point is.he copied a comment made in NVS posted it here as if it belong to him.
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by OBULAR(m): 11:00am On Mar 10, 2011
okay,
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by jason123: 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2011
Alh Harem, this topic should not be your business. But since one nairalander said you lifted it from NVS, I went there to read what it says. I think the post below will help people with this topic. Btw, this is an igbo man's analysis

This article is not worth responding to but only for the wishful topic. I will say it is very bad for the Igbos to agitate rightly or wrongly for what does not belong to them. This type of agitation leads to extremist response from the national host in Lagos. it is very wrong for anyone to think they should base their arguments on a constitution that was not written by the ethnic national constituents in Nigeria. The constitution as we have today was imposed by some military self seekers. So using such constitution will never be a valid argument anyway. We should bear it in mind that Nigeria is occupied by ethnic nations, it is more or less like the Russian federation of today, a little like the Indian federation too,and it will be wrong and stupid for anyone to think it is a United states or canadian federation.
Why will the Igbos want to rule Lagos anyway,when we can not rule our own states properly. The amount of decay in the east makes it a little better than the immediate period after the civil war. The governors in Igbo states have a lot of explanation to give us on how they ruined our collective trust and made every Igbo man and woman to run for their dear lives.
Asking to rule Lagos is asking too much too soon. The only reason why we have the effontery to be asking this bold question is only the fact that the Yorubas have been wonderful host to the Igbos so far. Despite the fact that the Igbos will like to hate the Yorubas. Igbos have been elected into various levels of governance in the whole south/west. This is only region in the country where Igbos have never been targeted in mass murder or mass beheading and massacres as we've had in different parts of the country. This does not mean it will not happen if the Igbos asked for it. The geographical location and its distance to the east is a very big barrier, why is our home no longer a sweet home again? The reality is that most Igbos in Lagos are living like refugees and we have this wrong notion that the Yorubas can not fight or do not want to fight. Please study the history of the Yorubas you will know the South western part of Nigeria occupied by the Yorubas was the most violent of all places in Nigeria in the 19th century. The mighty Ibadan army were not only able to defeat the Sokoto jihadists but inflicted very heavy casualties on them truncating the goal of Sultan to dip his sword in the Atlantic. Ibadan and Abeokuta are remnants of the warrior class in the Yorubaland we can still see their behavior in modern day Nigeria. It is very wrong to underestimate the Yorubas and think the Igbos will snatch Lagos from them.
In Post-Nigeria studies, Lagos may end up as Bosnia-hercegovina a muslim enclave within Serbia,Kosovo or like Kalinigrad in Russia or other russian outposts in the Baltic and Caucasus' states.
On the other hand if we have kept quiet about everything and stop agitating to capture Lagos after our invasion, there is presently a gradual integration of the Igbos in to the Yoruba political and social space, the cycle may take one more generation, no one will notice and the extreme-right Yoruba activists will not take advantage of these later. To avoid trouble in lagos we should just pray that ACN continues to win, if they loose election, they will prefer to use the ethnic shield to scatter Lagos and everyone will be the loser. I will call on the political class that impose the present constitution on the Nigerian nations to allow for a popular constitution to be discussed and approved before Nigeria goes the way of Ivory coast or Yugoslavia, it is better we go the way of Sudan, or czechoslovakia.
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by ikotaiwo(m): 1:16pm On Mar 10, 2011
freedom to have any things
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by odogwux(m): 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2011
@ OP - Get original.

@Jason 123 - I dont think Igbos resident in Lagos want to rule Lagos. Its absurd and silly to think that people like me have designs on a state outside my ethnic home. I am 3rd generation lagosian. Like my father i was born and bred in lagos so how then can you expect someone who moved here to hustle and make money to build houses in their village, want to rule the state.

At the same time Yorubas have to understand Igbo society and culture. Simply put we are all fiercely independent down to the clan level. Ohaneze can NEVER speak for me,  my mechanic (whose wife is yoruba by the way) or the guy at the idumota selling his goods in time to go home for Xmas.

I believe that this whole gist has been blown out of shape and forums like this dont help matters especially when ill bred water-flies see threads like this as an opportunity to vent their deep seated prejudice.
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by jason123: 1:47pm On Mar 10, 2011
odogwu-x:

@ OP - Get original.

@Jason 123 - I dont think Igbos resident in Lagos want to rule Lagos. Its absurd and silly to think that people like me have designs on a state outside my ethnic home. I am 3rd generation lagosian. Like my father i was born and bred in lagos so how then can you expect someone who moved here to hustle and make money to build houses in their village, want to rule the state.

At the same time Yorubas have to understand Igbo society and culture. Simply put we are all fiercely independent down to the clan level. Ohaneze can NEVER speak for me,  my mechanic (whose wife is yoruba by the way) or the guy at the idumota selling his goods in time to go home for Xmas.

I believe that this whole gist has been blown out of shape and forums like this dont help matters especially when ill bred water-flies see threads like this as an opportunity to vent their deep seated prejudice. 

No, you did not get my point. I will never be against an igbo man ruling but things should happen slowly and naturally. Anything short of that, will push them (yorubas) to the wall. I am sure you get my point now?
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by mbatuku1: 1:48pm On Mar 10, 2011
Surely one day some of you folks will die of 'Igbophobic' induced hypertension.

The agenda is to annex Lagos and send people packing Back to their Ibadan and Ogbomoso. Get that into your thick skull asap
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by Dede1(m): 2:47pm On Mar 10, 2011
@Alj Uche

Have you ever shipped container of good to Nigeria? Do you no know the guiding policies involved in shipping goods to certain seaports in Nigeria? Does it occur to you there are deep water seaports orchestrated by federal government policy on dredging
Re: Analysis Of Ohaneze Pride Of Lagos by T9ksy(m): 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2011
mbatuku1:

Surely one day some of you folks will die of 'Igbophobic' induced hypertension.

The agenda is to annex Lagos and send people packing Back to their Ibadan and Ogbomoso. Get that into your thick skull asap

Hmmmmmmmmm, easier said than done!!!!
Goodluck with your agenda.

(1) (Reply)

Shell Blames Nigerian Government / Do You Think Tinubu Sold Out SouthWest Votes? / Pdp Chairman Was Disgrace During Ministerial Nominee Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.