Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,352 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. (1531 Views)

Why Are The Same People Clamouring For Southern Presidency Against Amechi?( Pix) / Why Those Clamouring For Tinubu's Presidency Should Rethink / To Those Clamouring For War...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by Valkrie: 8:39pm On Oct 26, 2020
@OP, for peace to reign there is always a need for war...if you know how things work in this world...!! Yes people would die and some would survive for a new begining...it has always been like that...if you don't want war then don't complain of any injustice done to you...!!

The lasting peace among the nations of Europe today stem from world war 1 and 2...!!

Understand that war is inevitable in many circumstances and it has always been part of the history of this world...!!

1 Like

Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by grandpoh(m): 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2020
It is easy for us to sit behind keyboards and comment but this is a very sensitive post..
I have been to the camp before at oru Ijebu and God forbid I don’t want war I fact any form of it is zero for me..
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by limeta(f): 3:29am On Oct 27, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Yet you're in sokoto.. No be you find fulani go sokoto or is sokoto ala igbo

What about the one nigeria project
So even that one na lie
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by Toosure70: 4:35am On Oct 27, 2020
No welfare without warfare, Everybody will surely die, People die everyday without war.
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by giftedben: 5:44am On Oct 27, 2020
You are not prepared to go to war and you are not prepared to do the right thing.

Discrimination and Marginalisation are the things that breeds hatred and hatred brings war.

There are series of circumstances that made me realise that only chaos reset peoples brains to factory settings. Judging from the past. One Nigeria have not brought about needed changes to my people.

We pay taxes. I believe my people contribute more in taxes to Nigeria than It receives back in investment and services.

Do you think I love War?

People who vandalised government and public facilities during the #endsars protest, did not do it out of joy but anger. You can call them hoodlums, thugs or protesters all you want, but let it be known that some people are feed up with Nigeria as a nation. When they look at this country, they see nothing. They see no future.

Some people are being cheated and you want them to keep quiet. That's very disrespectful from this country.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by Iceberg3: 5:52am On Oct 27, 2020
homosapien:
Traumatic Stress Disorders of those conflicts. We paid a terrible price for not striving for peace instead of war.

How many years ago now has Somalia been battling to get its act together again, and achieve respectability in the comity of nations? It is now an infestation of warlords.

Recently an international super star who escaped the misery and was on the mend back to give back to her homeland was bombed while visiting in Mogadishu! On 29th December, 79 persons just got wiped out in an instant by terrorists. What a waste!

A friend arguing in favor of war told me a couple of days ago that Rwanda wouldn’t have become what it is today if it had not gone to war. I asked if Rwanda is as populous as we are and as complex as our nation is.

Who told him there will still be a country after a war in Nigeria. Who told him the injustices in Nigeria will not be replicated in the small enclaves he is canvassing for ?

Here was a fellow who a couple of months ago complained bitterly to me that the best of what comes to Yorubaland in the Nigeria nation goes to people from Ogun State. After the Yoruba would have quit Nigeria will Ekiti, Ijesa, Ilaje etc also want to quit Oduduwa Republic to form their own in protest of a perceived Egba and Ijebu domination?

What become of the nations of Ijaw, Ishekiri and Urhobo? Just imagine the blood letting that will ensue in Warri.

The Biafra boys have not even learnt the lesson of yesterday. They are still baying to take over Port Harcourt , another man’s homestead and calling it Igbo Otcha or whatever. Shouldn’t the elders be courageous enough to remind them this was a great mistake of the war past.

In any case, didn’t we fight this war, let blood, decimate cities in 1967? Is Nigeria El Dorado now? Are we proud of the aftermath?

I never knew we were so divided until a friend told me he is from Anambra and I told him I had thought he was from Enugu State and he harshly rebuked me. “Do I look like Wawa people?”, he asked in anger. How does the Wawa people look? I thought Igbos were a compact and united until now. So there is this kind of schism too among the Igbo who one could have thought are one.

By their ugly fruits,thou shall know them....all of a sudden,Igbo affairs have taken over grin
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by homosapien(m): 6:55am On Oct 27, 2020
gidgiddy:

People have been singing that song for 60 years with no result. Bigger is not always better. It is sometimes better to have smaller units that are more manageable than having a big unit that is unmanageable

Nigeria is unworkable, we have no unity of purpose, we have national philosophy and no cohesion. We are just a group of ethnic nationalities the British brought together in 1914. We have tried to see if we could grow into a nation for 60 years and it has failed woefully. It is time to do the needful and conduct a referendum to determine which of the ethnic nationalities wants to carry on with Nigeria, and those who want a separate existence

You have tried for the past 60 years with the People with the wrong mind set

Try new set of people using your voter's Card, this time vote based on merits, Devoid of hate, ethnicities, favouritism.

Let try that first.
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by homosapien(m): 6:55am On Oct 27, 2020
Iceberg3:

By their ugly fruits,thou shall know them....all of a sudden,Igbo affairs have taken over grin

Is that all what your brain can decipher from the whole write up.
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by homosapien(m): 6:56am On Oct 27, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Pvc means nothing though

It's everything.
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by Ikennamurphy: 7:05am On Oct 27, 2020
homosapien:

It's everything.
Time has proven that.. They will send soldiers to rig.. If they fail at that they will use the supreme Court, so pvc means nothing

1 Like

Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by ednut1(m): 7:07am On Oct 27, 2020
Deep
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by homosapien(m): 7:46am On Oct 27, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Time has proven that.. They will send soldiers to rig.. If they fail at that they will use the supreme Court, so pvc means nothing

I am optimistic that pvc means everything. What we need is to restrategize.
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by Ikennamurphy: 8:05am On Oct 27, 2020
homosapien:

I am optimistic that pvc means everything. What we need is to restrategize.
Then you've never been in Nigeria to see how elections are done.. Bye

1 Like

Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by Iceberg3: 8:09am On Oct 27, 2020
homosapien:

Is that all what your brain can decipher from the whole write up.

You mean,the whole bunch of garbage!?

grin
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by homosapien(m): 8:13am On Oct 27, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Then you've never been in Nigeria to see how elections are done.. Bye

Born, bred, and still living Nigeria. Don't blame me for been optimistic because I believe Nigeria is gonna be great.
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by homosapien(m): 8:14am On Oct 27, 2020
Iceberg3:

You mean,the whole bunch of garbage!?

grin

That your opinion and you entitled to it.
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by Pecuman: 8:23am On Oct 27, 2020
Some idiots here actually want us to believe that this incumbent mess is the best way to arrange us?

Stop using Libya as an example. We are probably most similar to Sudan and South Sudan or Eritrea and Ethiopia.

And after the civil war, even with so many ethnic differences, Eritrea and South Sudan have stabilized. Same will happen with any state that breaks from Nigeria, only faster.

3 Likes

Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by Pecuman: 8:26am On Oct 27, 2020
homosapien:

You have tried for the past 60 years with the People with the wrong mind set

Try new set of people using your voter's Card, this time vote based on merits, Devoid of hate, ethnicities, favouritism.

Let try that first.

Will never happen. How will you convince the starving majority of the population not to sell their votes or the illiterate majority of the country not to give their votes to who their Baba/Imam says they should.

This is without getting to vote rigging, ballot snatching and the great power of Tribalism.

Stop deceiving yourself, the socio-political organization of Nigeria has been designed to further APC and PDP rule and continues to do so.
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by homosapien(m): 8:56am On Oct 27, 2020
Pecuman:

Will never happen. How will you convince the starving majority of the population not to sell their votes or the illiterate majority of the country not to give their votes to who their Baba/Imam says they should.

This is without getting to vote rigging, ballot snatching and the great power of Tribalism.

Stop deceiving yourself, the socio-political organization of Nigeria has been designed to further APC and PDP rule and continues to do so.

We allow those thing's because deep down we aren't ready for change. When we ready, people will collect election freebies from politician and still vote their preference.

No law made it mandatory to vote either pdp or APC, the other options that were available during the last election, did we vote them.
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by Pecuman: 11:04am On Oct 27, 2020
homosapien:

We allow those thing's because deep down we aren't ready for change. When we ready, people will collect election freebies from politician and still vote their preference.

No law made it mandatory to vote either pdp or APC, the other options that were available during the last election, did we vote them.

So we should just ignore the socio-economic issues that make us unready for change? Because it is as if you think it is just a waiting game and eventually we will just change.

Poverty, Illiteracy, unemployment, adoration of criminals and Tribalism are the main reasons that Nigeria works like this and the current system ensures that it will continue like that. And the current system knows this that is why they do everything to further this, that is why the Northern leaders refuses education, that is why they destroyed the refinaries, that is why in the south they barely budget anything to education, that is why they sponsor thugs.

Why do you think that anytime that someone pushes for change the corrupt Politicians tell them to go through national assembly and the rest?. Because they know that the game is rigged and that they have nothing to fear from that.

Do you honestly think that a system that has been designed on all levels to negate the power of "democracy" that they can be unseated through the same methods that they designed to keep themselves in power.

1 Like

Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by homosapien(m): 11:52am On Oct 27, 2020
Pecuman:

So we should just ignore the socio-economic issues that make us unready for change? Because it is as if you think it is just a waiting game and eventually we will just change.

Poverty, Illiteracy, unemployment, adoration of criminals and Tribalism are the main reasons that Nigeria works like this and the current system ensures that it will continue like that. And the current system knows this that is why they do everything to further this, that is why the Northern leaders refuses education, that is why they destroyed the refinaries, that is why in the south they barely budget anything to education, that is why they sponsor thugs.

Why do you think that anytime that someone pushes for change the corrupt Politicians tell them to go through national assembly and the rest?. Because they know that the game is rigged and that they have nothing to fear from that.

Do you honestly think that a system that has been designed on all levels to negate the power of "democracy" that they can be unseated through the same methods that they designed to keep themselves in power.

The current system needs to be overhaul no doubt. The only way is through peaceful change which will come through election.
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by Pecuman: 1:50pm On Oct 27, 2020
homosapien:

The current system needs to be overhaul no doubt. The only way is through peaceful change which will come through election.

Whatever. Violent change is coming anyway when the peaceful method inevitably fails.

1 Like

Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by homosapien(m): 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2020
Pecuman:

Whatever. Violent change is coming anyway when the peaceful method inevitably fails.

That violent change you want do badly is gonna comsune everyone, and the country will be worse off.

And everyone is gonna lose because there won't be a winner.
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by Pecuman: 2:47pm On Oct 27, 2020
homosapien:

That violent change you want do badly is gonna comsune everyone, and the country will be worse off.

And everyone is gonna lose because there won't be a winner.

I do want violent change, I am not some gang leader that will benefit from it.

I am just convinced that it is an inevitable reality that we must prepare for, because working through the system will never work.
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by Banmeallday: 2:48pm On Oct 27, 2020
It should be “FOR THOSE CLAMORING SLAVERY”

LOL “Clamoring”
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by Amos1423(m): 3:00pm On Oct 27, 2020
If war can make just our elites/politicians suffer the same fate then show me where the guns are.

OP, what you're describing as the aftermath of war is the current state of most Nigerians, funny enough so much have been allocated to making them live comfortable but some men somewhere always prefer spending that cash somewhere else, so if war can make them come to that level of an ordinary Nigerian, what then are we waiting for?
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by God2man2again(m): 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2020
It is better to jaw jaw than to war war.
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by homosapien(m): 3:25pm On Oct 27, 2020
Pecuman:

I do want violent change, I am not some gang leader that will benefit from it.

I am just convinced that it is an inevitable reality that we must prepare for, because working through the system will never work.

I am optimistic that it's gonna work, all we need is to put in more effort. We have come too far to fail.
Re: For Those Clamouring For War, Please Read This. by lekanolaolu: 3:47pm On Oct 27, 2020
This write-up is very apt. I, as a person, don't advocate for war because the aftermath is destructive. Nevertheless, Nigeria needs true federalism to work as a nation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Everyone Is So Proud Of Yoruba Leaders By Elliot Ugochukwu-uko / Police Lied, My House Was Attacked By Fulani Herdsmen - Soyinka Breaks Silence / Yoruba, Not My People, Behind Kidnappings In Igangan –seriki Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.