Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,122 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

#EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu (2718 Views)

UK Parliament Debates #EndSARS Crisis / Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army / There Is A Plot To Cripple Me Politically - Rochas Okorocha Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

#EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by nairavsdollars(f): 7:08pm On Oct 25, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos 

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC ) has complicated matters for him politically as many Nigerians are blaming him for an incident he knows nothing about.

In a statement made available to Daily Independent, Tinubu denied knowledge of the invitation of soldiers to the #EndSARS protests in Lekki, saying he has no powers to do so as a private citizen.

According to him, having participated in protests during the June 12 struggle, it will be unfair for him to suppress the rights of young Nigerians who are demanding for a better and just society.

He also said it is erroneous for people to believe he has interests in the revenues generated at the toll gate it is  a public property whose revenue does not affect his income in any way.

He said having registered their grievances on the streets,  the youths should sheathe their swords and move to the negotiation table with the Federal government.

He also appealed to them to give President Muhammadu Buhari the time needed to fulfill his pledge on the reforms.

According to him "The present situation clearly does nothing to profit me politically or otherwise. It has complicated matters for me because many people now wrongfully blame me for a violent incident in which I played no part. Still, I stand strongly behind the people of Nigeria and affirm their right to protest peacefully". 

"Along with all well-meaning, patriotic Nigerians, I want to see an end to all forms of institutionalised brutality and I shall do my utmost to see that this humane objective is realised.
For, if these protests can generate meaningful reform, our youth will have achieved a compound national success". 

"First, they would have ended the terrible matter of institutionalized police brutality. Second, Nigeria would have made an important accretion to our political culture whereby government listened to and acted on the recommendations of ordinary people protesting against the wrongs done them".

"This would establish a healthy precedent. Yet such durable progress can be made only if government respects the protesters and protesters actively negotiate with government. No steps should be taken by government to  curtail protest activity as the people have chosen this vehicle as their preferred way to interface with government on this issue".

"Yes, protest leaders too must appreciate the concrete realities of this situation".

https://www.independent.ng/endsars-crisis-has-complicated-matters-for-me-politically-tinubu/

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by Vikkoh(m): 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2020
You Neva see something angry
Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 25, 2020
One thing i dont understand

Some people think you can create change in Nigeria in one seconds, Nigeria is a big and complex country with different tribes and culture that is ruled by state to local level, we also have monarchy systems.

Even if you succeed in doing a revolution, the killings that will happen will go through tribal lines and it will be disastrous

this is what this protest organizers do not know.

They attempted a revolution that back fired and didnt bring any change but disaster.

I dislike idealists, they dont understand anything about politics other than the text book knowledge of politics which they think can be applied in real life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by Dreambeat: 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2020
Your recent unguarded and insensitive utterances show that you are one of those who were involved directly or indirectly in the killing of peaceful protesters

11 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by capitalzero: 7:14pm On Oct 25, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Some people think you can create change in Nigeria in one seconds, Nigeria is a big country with different tribes and culture.

Even if you succeed in doing a revolution, the killings that will happen will go through tribal lines

this is what this protest organisers do not know.

They attempted a revolution that back fired and didnt bring any change but disater.

Does that justify the lekki massacre ? Senseless shooting because of power!!!!

5 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by capitalzero: 7:17pm On Oct 25, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Some people think you can create change in Nigeria in one seconds, Nigeria is a big country with different tribes and culture.

Even if you succeed in doing a revolution, the killings that will happen will go through tribal lines

this is what this protest organisers do not know.

They attempted a revolution that back fired and didnt bring any change but disater.

If there were no lekki massacre in the cover of darkness , there would not be any chaos that followed.

8 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:17pm On Oct 25, 2020
I've always knew you would be disgraced some day but didn't know it would happen so soon.

The worst of it all is that your Yoruba people chased you like a common thief which you've always been out of Lagos and away from Nigeria .

Only a mad man like you Tinubu would sacrifice his own people to please fulani people .

Just forget about 2023 presidential ambition, you scored an own goal at lekki toll gate .

You're not intelligent sir

The blood of the youths you ordered to be massacred will hunt you for the rest of your miserable life .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2020
capitalzero:

Does that justify the lekki massacre ? Senseless shooting because of power!!!!

there was no lekki massacre rather there was looting, violence and killings caused by the protesters, people are loosing their jobs and there is now increase in poverty, thanks to you guys

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by Masterkernel1: 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2020
Tinubu will never recover from this singular mistake.

5 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by KanwuliaExtra: 7:19pm On Oct 25, 2020
What a senseless response.
But you know that about Buhari vs Jubril? wink
A person who supported and sponsored a useless Buhari presidential candidacy all for his own selfish interests?

The sins of SARS pales in comparison to yours.
Your end is near.
Amen!!!!
Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by LegendHero(m): 7:19pm On Oct 25, 2020
Masterkernel1:

Just like Peter Obi will never recover from the mistake of killing countless people in Anambra by ordering Awkuzu SARS to kill countless citizen.

When it is the right time, all their files will be open and as Nigerians we will all judge them ALL by their deeds.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by seunmsg(m): 7:19pm On Oct 25, 2020
It’s good that he is saying his side of the story.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by cktheluckyman: 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Some people think you can create change in Nigeria in one seconds, Nigeria is a big and complex country with different tribes and culture that is ruled by state to local level, we also have monarchy systems.

Even if you succeed in doing a revolution, the killings that will happen will go through tribal lines and it will be disastrous

this is what this protest organizers do not know.

They attempted a revolution that back fired and didnt bring any change but disaster.
The #EndSARS revolution was not a disaster Biko!!!
Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by cktheluckyman: 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2020
seunmsg:
It’s good that he is saying his side of the story.
So why exactly are people been paid to change the narrative?

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2020
useless bastard drug dealing vagabond
thunder fire you there and your jobless criminal lazy miscreants

blood sucking demon

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2020
cktheluckyman:

The #EndSARS revolution was not a disaster Biko!!!

It was a disaster and a failure

What good thing has it brought?
Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by Racoon(m): 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2020
After asking government to use force to disperse peaceful protesters and insulting the sensibility of the peaceful #EndSARS with the silly questions ("how are they there?’ “how long were they there?’ And “what kind of characters were they?”

Bola Tinubu senseless speech that the Lekki protesters have questions to answer all point to a grand conspiracy to cover this atrocity.They will never succeed.Evil souls

Of course, you're blinded by your political ambition andready to compromise anything to get it.You only harbour love, which borders on obsession, for your vain and lofty ambition to rule Nigeria.So you are not worried about the lives lost?

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by capitalzero: 7:22pm On Oct 25, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

there was lekki massacre but there was no looting, no violence and no killings caused by the protesters, people are losing jobs because your paymasters ordered mass murder in lekki
Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by cktheluckyman: 7:22pm On Oct 25, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

It was a disaster and a failure

What good thing has it brought?
It brought about the disbandment of SARS and should instill a better disciplined police force
Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by SoKoa7: 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2020
E sweet me
Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by Masterkernel1: 7:24pm On Oct 25, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

there was no lekki massacre rather there was looting, violence and killings caused by the protesters, people are loosing their jobs and there is now increase in poverty, thanks to you guys

If nobody died, may your family prosper, but if anybody died on that night as a result of shooting... May every member of your family be wiped off from the face of the earth. Because the pains you're causing those that lost their love ones will always swear for you and your family.

Secondly... The Governor of Lagos has agreed that two died, while your 20k troll job won't allow you think.

3 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 25, 2020
capitalzero:

If there were no lekki massacre in the cover of darkness , there would not be any chaos that followed.

the choas was fueled by fakes news and hashtags from twitter influencers, celebrities, keyboard warriors, IPOB, PDP Opportinists, Anti government anarchists' and the feminist coalition, they were busy spreading paid lies

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by capitalzero: 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2020
Masterkernel1:

It was a costly mistake. And his online hoodlums are trying to justify it. Anybody that quote me is Tinubu online hoodlum

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2020
cktheluckyman:

It brought about the disbandment of SARS and should instill a better disciplined police force

Yes but the attempted revolution by anarchists didnt work
Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2020
AsampeteNwaanyi:
useless bastard drug dealing vagabond
thunder fire you there and your jobless criminal lazy miscreants

blood sucking demon

Calm down , Tinubu is already a drowning man as you can see .
Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by cktheluckyman: 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Yes but the attempted revolution by anarchists didnt work
You are obviously confused
Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2020
Masterkernel1:

If nobody died, may your family prosper, but if anybody died on that night as a result of shooting... May every member of your family be wiped off from the face of the earth. Because the pains you're causing those that lost their love ones will always swear for you and your family.

Secondly... The Governor of Lagos has agreed that two died, while your 20k troll job won't allow you think.

dude, i am not moved by all these childish nonsense you wrote down

I love facts and only facts i believe in not fake news

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by SaintBeehot(m): 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2020
Vikkoh:
You Neva see something angry

Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 25, 2020
cktheluckyman:

You are obviously confused

EndSAR happened

But the protest was hijacked, and what they wanted to promote didn't succeed because it backfired then they started their evil plan to create a revolution which also ended in disaster.
Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by capitalzero: 7:29pm On Oct 25, 2020
[quote author=thebosstrevor1 post=95332183]

the choas was fueled by lekki massacre and looting
and denial from online hoodlums, political thugs who are feeding fat from corrupt system [quote]
Re: #EndSARS Crisis Has Complicated Matters For Me Politically - Tinubu by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2020
[quote author=capitalzero post=95332404][/quote]

the choas was spread by fake news created by your "peaceful protesters"

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Russia Replys Northern Group, Places $100m Bounty On All Fulani Leaders / Why Are South West Not Supporting Osibanjo? He Is Better Than Tinubu / Peter Obi Vice Has Been Relegated Already

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.