Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Programmers Come In Here - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programmers Come In Here (514 Views)

Programmers Come And See What I Saw On Facebook / Computer Scientist and programmers come in. Work dey / Aspiring Programmers Come In Lets Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programmers Come In Here by donsharwama(m): 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2020
Goodday expert programmers in the house.

I know i'm not the only one on this table i'm about to shake but it will be of immense help if you help me/us out on this.

I know there's a thousand and 1 of us out there that wants to learn programming but are stock (dont have enough money for a course or sm1 to teach us {even if we have heard a thousand and one times to learn on our own...but me and u know its not easy} )

hence, i'm looking for sm1 that will use his church mind and decide to help me learn this programming of a thing (even if it means, bathing u everyday and night just to tap from the source i'm willing to grin grin )

i would love to learn HTML and JAVA for a start.

Thanks
Re: Programmers Come In Here by Franzinni: 7:43pm On Oct 25, 2020
If you truly have passion to learn it

YouTube is the way

It shouldn't take more that 2 - 3 months ..

Programming is easy ... To a passionate mind

But if you need mentorship then its fine too
Re: Programmers Come In Here by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
U still haven't decide what u want to do

Which 1 be HTML n Java
Re: Programmers Come In Here by Semtu(m): 8:20pm On Oct 26, 2020
donsharwama:
Goodday expert programmers in the house.

I know i'm not the only one on this table i'm about to shake but it will be of immense help if you help me/us out on this.

I know there's a thousand and 1 of us out there that wants to learn programming but are stock (dont have enough money for a course or sm1 to teach us {even if we have heard a thousand and one times to learn on our own...but me and u know its not easy} )

hence, i'm looking for sm1 that will use his church mind and decide to help me learn this programming of a thing (even if it means, bathing u everyday and night just to tap from the source i'm willing to grin grin )

i would love to learn HTML and JAVA for a start.

Thanks

Bro, you don't need anyone to teach you anything. I learnt HTML, C#, PhP and Python from youtube videos and Udemy courses... Search for materials online, that's the best way to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Programmers Come In Here by Karleb(m): 10:10pm On Oct 26, 2020
peterangelo:

Which 1 be HTML n Java

It's called HTJa stack. grin
Re: Programmers Come In Here by Donpre(m): 11:39pm On Oct 26, 2020
what most people aren't told about programming is that most of the time you've got only yourself and the problem/bug. Nobody's gonna hold your hands at all. Its a lonely world out there.

Even if someone teaches you the basics, are you gonna ask them to teach you algorithms, data structures, design patterns, architecture patterns and other advanced, more complicated parts of programming?..... Learn to stand on your own from the beginning.

First thing you should learn before learning programming is how to get your hands dirty with information scattered over the internet, find them, and spend time understanding them else how will you read the documentations of all the languages and frameworks you'll be using?.

To learn this, you pick a video from youtube or a book and get right with it, then learn more from iteration, googling, stackoverflow and getting dirty with the documentation.

For HTML, i recommend Mozzila Developer Network(MDN) or W3schools or even sololearn, html is easy!
For Java, its one of the oldest and widely used languages in the world, there are tons of youtube videos, and websites to teach you this.

I'm not quite sure how HTML and JAVA are related and I think you're just throwing languages around. Maybe you should start by learning the different specialties of programming and which languages can be used for them, before even learning any languages.... Again, getting dirty with information.

Good luck mate!

1 Like

Re: Programmers Come In Here by pman06(m): 12:53am On Oct 27, 2020
While it seems HTML and java have no relationship...who knows,OP may be interested in learning web component development using java technologies. At least I have a certificate in that aspect of things when it was under sun Microsystems...which is now owned by Oracle.

As for OP, your best bet would be to learn, firstly, by yourself. This is hoping that you were stuck at the start up phase. If you got stuck in the meat of it, my brother,you are just about to turn a wonderful corner.

Sometimes,I think programmers are not paid for the codes they write, but rather for the ones they debug. And most people lose interest when they can't seems to understand why their code isn't working.

To get over this phase, you must have the burning desire of a reader. Most problems you'll face starting up has already been solved on sites like stackoverflow and quora. So take your time to find issues in your code by reading up online documents and solutions to previous problems.
Re: Programmers Come In Here by donsharwama(m): 6:40am On Oct 27, 2020
Good Morning..... i really wanna say a big thank you for your detailed input on how to go about this. i'm very grateful

For HTML, i recommend Mozzila Developer Network(MDN) or W3schools or even sololearn, html is easy!
For Java, its one of the oldest and widely used languages in the world, there are tons of youtube videos, and websites to teach you this.

I'm not quite sure how HTML and JAVA are related and I think you're just throwing languages around. Maybe you should start by learning the different specialties of programming and which languages can be used for them, before even learning any languages.... Again, getting dirty with information.

Donpre:
what most people aren't told about programming is that most of the time you've got only yourself and the problem/bug. Nobody's gonna hold your hands at all. Its a lonely world out there.

Even if someone teaches you the basics, are you gonna ask them to teach you algorithms, data structures, design patterns, architecture patterns and other advanced, more complicated parts of programming?..... Learn to stand on your own from the beginning.

First thing you should learn before learning programming is how to get your hands dirty with information scattered over the internet, find them, and spend time understanding them else how will you read the documentations of all the languages and frameworks you'll be using?.

To learn this, you pick a video from youtube or a book and get right with it, then learn more from iteration, googling, stackoverflow and getting dirty with the documentation.

Good luck mate!
Re: Programmers Come In Here by donsharwama(m): 6:43am On Oct 27, 2020
thanks for your input...i'm grateful

pman06:
While it seems HTML and java have no relationship...who knows,OP may be interested in learning web component development using java technologies. At least I have a certificate in that aspect of things when it was under sun Microsystems...which is now owned by Oracle.

As for OP, your best bet would be to learn, firstly, by yourself. This is hoping that you were stuck at the start up phase. If you got stuck in the meat of it, my brother,you are just about to turn a wonderful corner.

Sometimes,I think programmers are not paid for the codes they write, but rather for the ones they debug. And most people lose interest when they can't seems to understand why their code isn't working.

To get over this phase, you must have the burning desire of a reader. Most problems you'll face starting up has already been solved on sites like stackoverflow and quora. So take your time to find issues in your code by reading up online documents and solutions to previous problems.
Re: Programmers Come In Here by Donpre(m): 9:51am On Oct 27, 2020
donsharwama:
Good Morning..... i really wanna say a big thank you for your detailed input on how to go about this. i'm very grateful
If you're confused about anything, ask and people will put you through.

We all started somewhere too and we still ask questions

Get started bro, you'll get there in time.
Re: Programmers Come In Here by Unbiased1: 11:07am On Oct 27, 2020
;
peterangelo:

Which 1 be HTML n Java

grin grin grin
No mock the guy na, explain better to him.

(1) (Reply)

Php Wahala / Do You Think Humans Have Ever Control Artificial Intelligence? / Get FREE 4 Yrs Computer Science Education Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.