Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,609 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Mallam Aminu Kano Trilogy of Nigeria, How True? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mallam Aminu Kano Trilogy of Nigeria, How True? (698 Views)

Mallam Yathabalwe: Most Wanted Boko Haram Commander Surrenders To Military / Aminu Kano Patriots Drum Support For Obi / Loads Of Foodstuffs Going To South Intercepted At Aminu Kano Airport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mallam Aminu Kano Trilogy of Nigeria, How True? by Blankstare(m): 10:10pm On Oct 25, 2020
Saw this post on Facebook, interesting I must say.
For those who don't know him, Aminu Kano is a first Republic politician, Nationalist, thoroughbred leftist and a grassroot democrat. Before he died in the 80s, he postulated this about the three major Nigeria ethnic groups, though written in Hausa I will try as possible to translate to english.

Nigeria is three people :

1 Sha-sha-sha ( The anyhow person)

2 Barawo ( thief)

3 Mahaukachi ( madness)

1 .Sha-sha-sha- He his the Hausa man, who want to always die, and if you want to take his brother along he will give you rope, he usually doesn't have bigger goal in life. That is the colour of a Hausa man.

2. Barawo is the Yoruba man, he is the one who's silent- if you see him quite you are the one who is hurting him, if you are doing something together and he paused then you are doing better than him ( I think what he meant here is that any relationship with a Yoruba man is always complacent)

3. Mahaukachi - He enjoys the country most because he his ubiquitous and enterpreneural, he thinks he's better than everyone else but can't stay in his region, he likes to undermine his host and constantly wants to balkanise the country.

What do you think?

Re: Mallam Aminu Kano Trilogy of Nigeria, How True? by Manab: 11:08pm On Oct 25, 2020
Interesting.
Re: Mallam Aminu Kano Trilogy of Nigeria, How True? by Guestlander: 11:38pm On Oct 25, 2020
You have to steal something to be a barawo. What have we stolen from your forebears? Aminu Kano most likely never said anything like the OP stated.
Re: Mallam Aminu Kano Trilogy of Nigeria, How True? by PlayerMeji: 11:41pm On Oct 25, 2020
Very loud..
Re: Mallam Aminu Kano Trilogy of Nigeria, How True? by Blankstare(m): 11:41pm On Oct 25, 2020
^ The sage said so not me
Re: Mallam Aminu Kano Trilogy of Nigeria, How True? by Yobabad: 1:00am On Oct 26, 2020
He was just trying to describe YMM members
Re: Mallam Aminu Kano Trilogy of Nigeria, How True? by thatsleepboy1: 1:17am On Oct 26, 2020
Lol. He's right. I'm sure he didn't make this statement out of hatred.
Re: Mallam Aminu Kano Trilogy of Nigeria, How True? by Mathantics: 2:39am On Oct 26, 2020
Blankstare:
Saw this post on Facebook, interesting I must say.
For those who don't know him, Aminu Kano is a first Republic politician, Nationalist, thoroughbred leftist and a grassroot democrat. Before he died in the 80s, he postulated this about the three major Nigeria ethnic groups, though written in Hausa I will try as possible to translate to english.

Nigeria is three people :

1 Sha-sha-sha ( The anyhow person)

2 Barawo ( thief)

3 Mahaukachi ( madness)

1 .Sha-sha-sha- He his the Hausa man, who want to always die, and if you want to take his brother along he will give you rope, he usually doesn't have bigger goal in life. That is the colour of a Hausa man.

2. Barawo is the Yoruba man, he is the one who's silent- if you see him quite you are the one who is hurting him, if you are doing something together and he paused then you are doing better than him ( I think what he meant here is that any relationship with a Yoruba man is always complacent)

3. Mahaukachi - He enjoys the country most because he his ubiquitous and enterpreneural, he thinks he's better than everyone else but can't stay in his region, he likes to undermine his host and constantly wants to balkanise the country.

What do you think?

The constitution and policies of federal government make life and business very hard in the South East.
Re: Mallam Aminu Kano Trilogy of Nigeria, How True? by Blankstare(m): 3:16am On Oct 26, 2020
Mathantics:

The constitution and policies of federal government make life and business very hard in the South East.

In what way? But the constitution didn't say people should inflate their egos and disrespect people who have given them atmosphere to thrive.
Re: Mallam Aminu Kano Trilogy of Nigeria, How True? by Mathantics: 3:23am On Oct 26, 2020
Blankstare:

In what way? But the constitution didn't say people should inflate their egos and disrespect people who have given them atmosphere to thrive.

That's why they want to be on their own country,

Africans keeping Africans down. Smh
Re: Mallam Aminu Kano Trilogy of Nigeria, How True? by EagleNest(m): 5:03am On Oct 26, 2020
No reliable source of this his statement, like book or something?

(1) (Reply)

2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi / Breaking News: War In North (video) / States Differ As Zamfara, Gombe Begin Ranching, Oyo, Cross River, Others Oppose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.