Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi (701 Views)

Senate Presidency: Umahi, Ndume, Barau Step Down For Akpabio / Ohaneze: We're Building Alliance With The North To Achieve Igbo Presidency / Umahi: I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by bayomillz14: 7:19pm On Nov 17, 2020
Gov. David Umahi of Ebonyi has said he wants to be a martyr who will be sacrificed to achieve the much-sought Igbo presidency.

Umahi made the declaration on Tuesday in Abakaliki while briefing newsmen, noting that only martyrs make sacrifices for the peoples’ interest in difficult times.

The governor, who confirmed that he is defecting from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressive Congress (APC), said he will not regret the decision no matter its outcome.

“I have to lead the protest against the marginalisation of the Igbos by the PDP and I don’t have to consult anybody to lead such a protest.

Read:
https://thenewsguru.com/politics/2023-i-want-to-be-a-martyr-sacrificed-to-achieve-igbo-presidency-umahi/
Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by seunmsg(m): 7:20pm On Nov 17, 2020
Abakaliki Jesus!
Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by jidamsel43(m): 7:21pm On Nov 17, 2020
There is nothing for Igbo in APC. Igbo people have entered one chance in this country. The only thing that Igbo can gain in 2023 is Vice-President to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by parcifal: 7:24pm On Nov 17, 2020
Good luck to him. But any Igbo presidential candidate other than Gov. Peter Obi. pls count me out.
Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by Okoroawusa: 7:38pm On Nov 17, 2020
The worst thing that has ever happened to the igbos is the 21 years wasted supporting the PDP.

Abeg abeg no one should disturb me with that mantra "The igbos don't want presidency". It will never be well with the man or woman that invented that statement.

Umahi I know that you will be misunderstood for doing this but your protest is in order.

Obughi so udara mutara nwa an'apiwa onu.
Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by orunto27: 7:42pm On Nov 17, 2020
2023-i-want-to-be-a-martyr-sacrificed-to-achieve-igbo-presidency-umahi.

The above way is SUICIDE NOT MARTYR. SO TAKE IT EASY PLEASE.
Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by Agricaddict(m): 7:45pm On Nov 17, 2020
Is Igbo Presidency feasible?

A. Yes

B. No

Back up your answer with logical, reasonable and comprehensible explanation
Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by Bkayyy: 7:46pm On Nov 17, 2020
I'm with you Hon. Umahi. Sometimes you need to strike deal with the devil for the benefit of your people
Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by illicit(m): 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2020
Matyr kill u there....

3 Likes

Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by Ever8090: 8:18pm On Nov 17, 2020
illicit:
Matyr kill u there....
why..?
Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by Eastlink(m): 8:23pm On Nov 17, 2020
Umahi is a true son of the soil. We are solidly behind you. PDP IPOB P/H, Uyo, Aba and Onitsha Youths food is ready.
Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by BigSarah(f): 8:25pm On Nov 17, 2020
Okay, good luck
Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by Rugaria: 8:34pm On Nov 17, 2020
Very funny man. You have been scheming to join the janja-weed party for years.. Buhari keeps pressing your mumu button and you keep falling left and right. Fact is that at this moment, with the crop of governors we have today in the east, no one cares again even if you guys join the ZANU-PF party. Lots of igbos are slowly coming to terms with the fact that the governors are part of the problem and that the political establishment in Abuja will rather make a man from comoros president than an Igbo.. The choices left for the east are slowly narrowing and ultimately post 2023, "separation party" will naturally be the majority party in the east ...

1 Like

Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2020
Okoroawusa:
The worst thing that has ever happened to the igbos is the 21 years wasted supporting the PDP.

Abeg abeg no one should disturb me with that mantra "The igbos don't want presidency". It will never be well with the man or woman that invented that statement.

Umahi I know that you will be misunderstood for doing this but your protest is in order.

Obughi so udara mutara nwa an'apiwa onu.

Few hours ago, in a thread concerning hope Uzodimma.

I said that it will be very hard to find sensible and a complete human being in Imo state.

I stated that I doubt if there is anything reasonable that will ever come from there.

Look at the whole nairaland and how they keep talking trash .

Ndi Imo Ndonu.
Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by helinues: 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2020
Oga Umahi, wetin your bicycle Ryder dey find for fuel filling station?
Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:55pm On Nov 17, 2020
seunmsg:
Abakaliki Jesus!

grin grin grin
Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by Eastlink(m): 9:27pm On Nov 17, 2020
Rugaria:
Very funny man. You have been scheming to join the janja-weed party for years.. Buhari keeps pressing your mumu button and you keep falling left and right. Fact is that at this moment, with the crop of governors we have today in the east, no one cares again even if you guys join the ZANU-PF party. Lots of igbos are slowly coming to terms with the fact that the governors are part of the problem and that the political establishment in Abuja will rather make a man from comoros president than an Igbo.. The choices left for the east are slowly narrowing and ultimately post 2023, "separation party" will naturally be the majority party in the east ...
IPOB PDP clowns deceiving themselves. Allow Umahi be and face front.
Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by illicit(m): 2:31am On Nov 18, 2020
Ever8090:
why..?

He only wants to get richer.... that's all they do
Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by Cjrane2: 2:32am On Nov 18, 2020
illicit:

He only wants to get richer.... that's all they do
grin grin grin

ChimaAdeoye:
Being emotional and sentimental about the so-called Igbo presidency in 2023 is the bait that APC will use to hang all these Igbo politicians. Umahi has just ruined his political career. Let him keep waiting for those he will "advise" while he became a failure himself because he couldn't see beyond his nose.

If the PDP zones the 2023 presidency to the southeast as the APC plotted and expected PDP to do, then the APC's plan to massively rig out the PDP in the next election will totally succeed. The APC will simply explain away their fake victory on "well, Nigerians aren't quite ready for Igbo president yet" I don't know why it's too hard for the southeast leaders to simply understand this.

There is NO WAY that the PDP will defeat the APC when APC has all the powers of incumbency, control of INEC, Judiciary, Army etc, .........and worse, the PDP is fielding an Igbo President in 2023??

The best path to Igbo president is to first become a Vice President to a northeast candidate. After which they can now use all the apparatus of incumbency the APC has now to make the V.P run for the presidency. OR convince APC to zone it's 2023 presidency to the southeast for the sake of national unity, and use the apparatus of the federal government to support it. Any other path on this 1999 constitution is mere wishful thinking by those Igbo governors who just want to run and LOSE because they already know they can't win.

EXACTLY! One bottle of Hero beer for you Bro!

This is a game of numbers and APC being the ones clamoring for PDP to zone its presidency to the southeast is exactly to play into their hands. Igbo presidency is more realistic under an APC controlled federal government. Now, ask yourself, why can't APC zone its presidency to the southeast since it loves the Igbos so much and wants to be fair to all zones of Nigeria? Instead of clamoring for the PDP to zone it's presidential slot to the Igbos? Now you get the idea behind their game. The PDP has a ZERO chance of wresting power from APC controlled Federal Government with an Igboman as a presidential candidate and everyone knows it.

Once PDP zones its presidency to the northeast as it has done and the VP to the southeast, then they have totally checkmated the plot of APC to unite the north and southwest against the PDP, then they will use the power of the federal government to announce anything they like as election result. Then massively deploy troops to the southeast and south-south where they expect hapless youths to protest the rape of democracy. This isn't a game of emotional sentiments. it is about using the structure of Nigeria to keep the balance of power in APC's favor.

Umahi has ruined himself by trying to impose a situation where APC will easily claim to have won in 2023 and there will be no consequences whatsoever. Everyone that loves true democracy to evolve in Nigeria knows that Igbos should be given a chance to produce the president, but it is an impossible feat to do in 2023 with soldiers, INEC, Judiciary, etc controlled by APC. There will simply be no election, but they will announce landslide victory as their result.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by Tranquill: 5:23am On Nov 18, 2020
Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by Edudevine82: 6:01am On Nov 18, 2020
Be ready because they will surely use you and dump you. I thought you re selfless
Re: 2023: “I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency” - Umahi by Muna4real(f): 6:39am On Nov 18, 2020
So this useless presidency has made some people so greedy and selfish to the extent that they can die for it. Tufiaaakwa! Please if you want to die, you are free to but don't use igbo as the reason for your death . We didn't ask you to die for presidency, channel that energy into actualizing Biafra.

(1) (Reply)

Adebayo, Not Tinubu Dragged Fayemi Into Politics – APC Chief / How To Trade Forex Properly / Restructure, Let Fulani Go Their Way, Miyetti Allah Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.