Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,152 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed (51386 Views)

I Didn’t Invite Tinubu To Intervene In Rivers Crisis – Wike / Tinubu: I Didn't Travel To France And I am Still The Jagaban / Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by sarrki(m): 12:47am On Oct 26, 2020
Former governor of Lagos State and National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, says he didn’t request security operatives to stop “attackers” that razed The Nation Newspaper and Television Continental to avoid bloodshed.

He made this known in a statement on Sunday titled, ‘The #EndSARS protests; a fundamental lesson in democratic governance’.

Hoodlums had massively looted shops and set fire to several public and private properties, including Television Continental and The Nation newspaper, both of which have been linked to him.

This followed the shootings of some protesters at the Lekki toll gate plaza by soldiers.

While Tinubu confirmed that he is a financier of the media houses, he denied making money from the Lekki toll gate plaza.

He said, “On the other hand, I am, indeed, a promoter and financial investor in the Nation newspaper and TVC. It was widely known and circulated through social media that certain malevolent elements were going to take advantage of the situation to attack the Nation newspaper facilities and TVC in Lagos.

“The attackers came. Both facilities were significantly damaged. Although equipped with prior notice of the imminent trespass, I did not call anyone to seek or request for the army or police to deploy let alone attack, kill, or injure those who razed and vandalized these properties. I did not want any bloodshed.

https://punchng.com/why-i-didnt-request-army-police-to-stop-those-who-razed-nation-tvc-tinubu/

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by Ratedgang: 12:54am On Oct 26, 2020
The best thing for Tinubu to do now is to just keep calm or start condemning the ills of this government.

279 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by GamalNasser: 1:00am On Oct 26, 2020
So he knew in advance his businesses will be attacked ?

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by surgical: 1:03am On Oct 26, 2020
Ratedgang:
The best thing for Tinubu to do now is to just keep calm or start condemning the ills of this government.
pride and ambition will not allow him

230 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by Lagoon0: 1:04am On Oct 26, 2020
GamalNasser:
So he knew in advance his businesses will be attacked ?
I don't even understand. To I think he's trying to win peoples mind. Because people dey vex Gan!

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by sarrki(m): 1:12am On Oct 26, 2020
Akanbi mamikan

We will never betray you

You have never ruled there states before

It’s envy that will kill them

We are not atowunriwa

We didn’t pay for transport to get to Lagos

We weren’t Lagos by just by birth

Lagos is our ancestral home

The tinubus , jibril Martins my paternal grandfather, the eletus both Iwase and edibo, kosoko, dosunmu , olusi and many more

Eko onibaje

161 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by goatandyam: 1:18am On Oct 26, 2020
Which means you have the power/connection to request for soldiers or police to do your bidding if you want.

Which now means you also have the power/connection to invite the soldiers for the lekki shootings if you want.

Good one

299 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by baby124: 1:21am On Oct 26, 2020
sarrki:
Akanbi mamikan

We will never betray you

We are not atowunriwa

The tinubus , jibril Martins my paternal grandfather, the eletus both Iwase and edibo, kosoko, dosunmu , olusi and many more

Eko onibaje
His son’s wife is Igbo though. So he’s only causing tribal division for personal gain. Don’t get played by politicians.

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by baby124: 1:23am On Oct 26, 2020
goatandyam:
Which means you have the power/connection to request for soldiers or police to do your bidding if you want.

Which now means you also have the power/connection to invite the soldiers for the lekki shootings if you want.

Good one
They had RRS. They were overpowered by the mob. This statement clearly shows he has the power to dictate and control the army and did so the night of the Lekki shootings.

184 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by LegendHero(m): 1:24am On Oct 26, 2020
sarrki:
Akanbi mamikan

We will never betray you

We are not atowunriwa

Eko onibaje

Eko Baje ti.

25 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by OmoOshodi(m): 1:26am On Oct 26, 2020
If I'm close to tinubu...i will just tell him to keep quiet for now or be sympathetic to the youths alone..to gain their love back...he's a goner already...i pity him

131 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by fitzmayowa: 2:06am On Oct 26, 2020
Ratedgang:

He is not going to do that, if he does that will be his end people won't take him serious since he was one of those that brought the government to power....

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by fitzmayowa: 2:08am On Oct 26, 2020
OmoOshodi:
If I'm close to tinubu...i will just tell him to keep quiet for now or be sympathetic to the youths alone..to gain their love back...he's a goner already...i pity him

El rufai will be making jest of him at the moment since it seems his own people have turned against him.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by Tpave(m): 2:11am On Oct 26, 2020
I'm still the ASIWAJU of Lagos and the JAGABAN of yoruba land grin grin This man get mind ooo

26 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by Sweetas2(m): 2:14am On Oct 26, 2020
All of the sudden you found your voice again ...time will tell

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by baby124: 2:16am On Oct 26, 2020
fitzmayowa:

El rufai will be making jest of him at the moment since it seems his own people have turned against him.
Of course. El Rufai use tear gas to disperse his own people. But in Lagos those daft idiots were still using guns to shoot people after the massacre. They are really a crazy bunch of lunatics.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by doggedfighter(f): 2:16am On Oct 26, 2020
Why's Tinubu singing like a Canary?

Is he no longer the Jagaban?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by babytoun: 2:30am On Oct 26, 2020
sarrki:
former governor of Lagos State and National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, says he didn’t request security operatives to stop “attackers” that razed The Nation Newspaper and Television Continental to avoid bloodshed.

He made this known in a statement on Sunday titled, ‘The #EndSARS protests; a fundamental lesson in democratic governance’.

Hoodlums had massively looted shops and set fire to several public and private properties, including Television Continental and The Nation newspaper, both of which have been linked to him.

This followed the shootings of some protesters at the Lekki toll gate plaza by soldiers.

While Tinubu confirmed that he is a financier of the media houses, he denied making money from the Lekki toll gate plaza.

He said, “On the other hand, I am, indeed, a promoter and financial investor in the Nation newspaper and TVC. It was widely known and circulated through social media that certain malevolent elements were going to take advantage of the situation to attack the Nation newspaper facilities and TVC in Lagos.

“The attackers came. Both facilities were significantly damaged. Although equipped with prior notice of the imminent trespass, I did not call anyone to seek or request for the army or police to deploy let alone attack, kill, or injure those who razed and vandalized these properties. I did not want any bloodshed

https://punchng.com/why-i-didnt-request-army-police-to-stop-those-who-razed-nation-tvc-tinubu/

Very true sir...especially after seeing the disaster the first set of soldiers you invited causesd

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by Advision: 2:38am On Oct 26, 2020
surgical:
pride and ambition will not allow him

Pride goes before a fall, he appears to be a man not aware he is falling and making boastful statements will only make his downward direction definitive

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by OgaTheTop2: 2:41am On Oct 26, 2020
Upon all the sad news going on around the world, some people still had s*x last night. Wicked people.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by kokoA(m): 2:59am On Oct 26, 2020
Nigeria Army don suffer.. Imagine a private citizen claiming he could have deployed soldiers to protect his private business if he wished shocked shocked

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by true2god: 5:06am On Oct 26, 2020
You didn't invite the military to TVC because TVC doesn't make 50000 naira for you per minute but you invited them to the toll gate because it does. Tinubu's days are numbered, he has been judged and condemned by both men and God for his greed, evil and heartlessness.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by History555: 5:13am On Oct 26, 2020
From his statement he had forehand information that rioters will attack his properties but did nothing. I have always suspected the way and manner all the mopols at the nation, tvc, oriental capitulated even when protesters had no guns. Secondly soldiers that opened fire disappeared after that rather than
maintain security, the commissioner of police and his boys went awol and did nothing to stop looters and rioters
Very suspicious

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by femolii: 5:26am On Oct 26, 2020
baby124:

Of course. El Rufai use tear gas to disperse his own people. But in Lagos those daft idiots were still using guns to shoot people after the massacre. They are really a crazy bunch of lunatics.
Audio massacre everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by kaylardz(m): 5:38am On Oct 26, 2020
Can someone tell me d offence of Tinubu dat makes Ibo people hate him dis much?
cos I'm sure he's not as corrupt as Theodor orji , orji kalu , okorocha and Uba brothers.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by baby124: 5:39am On Oct 26, 2020
kaylardz:
Can someone tell me d offence of Tinubu dat makes Ibo people hate him dis much?
cos I'm sure he's not as corrupt as Theodor orji , orji kalu , okorocha and Uba brothers.
But his daughter in-law is Igbo. Why are you targeting Igbos?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by DenreleDave(m): 5:41am On Oct 26, 2020
Lagoon0:

I don't even understand. To I think he's trying to win peoples mind. Because people dey vex Gan!

Oya go and attack his biz again now..

Shebi una dey vex abi.. Oya go na

16 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by PissfulProtester: 5:43am On Oct 26, 2020
sarrki:
Akanbi mamikan

We will never betray you

We are not atowunriwa

Eko onibaje
For this post, I award you 10 impotent cows for your eating pleasure

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by TooMuchStuff: 5:47am On Oct 26, 2020
Another senseless talk of Tinubu goat

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed by Xzellentgraphic: 5:57am On Oct 26, 2020
It will be hard for APC to retain Lagos beyond 2023...Do need logo, flyer or banner..contact me now for nice designs...get my contact from signature now

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Alex Badeh’s Wife, Mary Iya Badeh, Sons Alex & Kam Remain On DSS Watch List / Man Swims On Lekki Road As Flood Takes Over Lagos Island (Watch Video) / EFCC Reveals When Ganduje Will Be Arrested (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.