Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting (41344 Views)

N5.108trn In 8 Months: Hardship Unabated In States Despite Huge Allocations / Fasten Your Seat Belts – Fayose Tells Nigerians On Unabated Insecurity / INEC Goes After Campaign Spending Violators As Fear Grips Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by 8stargeneral: 9:10am On Oct 26, 2020
nairavsdollars:
The way things are going, these hoodlums may forcefully enter Government Houses and attacking governors
Hw wish it could happened...they don't deserves to live.
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by JokeAdeleke: 9:11am On Oct 26, 2020
I'm pleased to invite you to join my content writing team. Yes, I'm recruiting an elite team of content writers and together we're going to be involved in " writing articles remotely " as part of a bigger business model. Each writer on board the team earns 1 Million Naira at the end of our working partnership together.

Here are the perks of this opportunity :

* You get to work remotely and build wealth

* You work from the confines of your home

* You gain skills that enables you make consistent income even after our working partnership

* You earn excellent remuneration at the end of your tenure that could be channeled into personal engagements

* You learn on the project

I'm inviting you on-board to join me on this project. If you're interested, send me a message
To the Whatsapp contact on the signature

Thank you
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by 8stargeneral: 9:14am On Oct 26, 2020
It served them right... let all of us tastes hardship.... All Nigerian politician don't deserved to live.
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by BigBashiru: 9:14am On Oct 26, 2020
Metaltears:

You actually have a good point

But remember these guys where made from decades upon decades of bad governance!!

Those countries who set a minimum standard and all sorts of aids and financial assistance plus food banks are not stupid . They never want people to fall to that level where the rich start too look like dinner to them, unfortunately Nigeria allowed these monsters to be created now they will consume them.

Everything is subject to laws in this life , the laws of cause and effect , sowing and reaping are all in play here.

Truthfully there is nothing the government can do, you entire military force is less than 500k same with police and dss

A single local government is more than 2 million.

And Nigeria has a 95% poverty rate this number is too damn high for 200 million people. there is no going around this there will be riots a massive looting ..

So the next government has to seriously design social welfare programs to avoid this sort of thing again
For now this is our reality
Every individual must take responsibility for their lives and stop blaming bad leaders for their woes.... take responsibility for your poverty (I'm not referring to you personally).... but I agree it's been caused in part by bad leaders....
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by MrRegret: 9:15am On Oct 26, 2020
We know who the enemies are now.
#KILL*THE*LEADERS
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by Aboki99(m): 9:17am On Oct 26, 2020
Punch and inciting news story as though they think if there is anarchy they'll have the space to practice their yellow journalism.
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by biglizzy: 9:31am On Oct 26, 2020
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by abidem4real: 9:33am On Oct 26, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/fear-grips-politicians-wealthy-nigerians-over-unabated-looting/
These people I'm seeing are neither thieves nor hoodlums. They are just the deprived, abandoned, frustrated and angry youths who are only just passing warning messages to our nonsensical political office holders.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 26, 2020
karma is real grin. you can't loot all our collective resources and enjoy with your family in peace while we die of hunger . don't forget

there no peace for the wicked

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by chaloskyx: 9:46am On Oct 26, 2020
OGA THE ONLY THING THEY WOULD DO NOW IS SURLY GET A 2ND CITIZENSHIP O. THATS THE ONLY THING THEY HAVE LEARED FROM THIS JUST WATCH BY 2023 HOW MANY RICH PPL WOULD JET OUT OF THIS COUNTRY AND LEAVE US TO KILL OURSELVES. THANK GOD ME SEF AM NOT DUMB BY NXT YEAR I WOULD ALSO GET A SECOND COUNTRY. MY ADVISE TO YOU ALL DO THE SAME DONT BE CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STORM WHEN CHAOS OCCURS IN 2023

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by UKBobo(m): 9:49am On Oct 26, 2020
haslaw:

My dear brother, I haven't been reading your rhetorics this is because other countries have said same things with vigor far greater than yours.

Most Nigerians are shallow minded. We have other countries to learn from.
Countries like;
1. Libya
2. Liberia
3. Sudan
4. Iraq
5. etc

Better we learn from Burkina...the youth ousted the president over a weekend. They did not go looking for TV's and chairs, they removed the main obstacle to progress

or Ghana under Rawlings
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by UtuokeAlcoholic: 10:01am On Oct 26, 2020
DamZik:
That will be the beginning of the New Nigeria we have all been clamouring for. These corrupt Polithiefcians and illetrate Policemen see themselves as above human. It will be my great joy if Hoodlums are allowed to teach them lesson just for a month.
But remember hoodlums will not stop only on them. It will gradually get transferred on the innocent
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by amazingspiderma: 10:02am On Oct 26, 2020
haslaw:

My dear brother, I haven't been reading your rhetorics this is because other countries have said same things with vigor far greater than yours.

Most Nigerians are shallow minded. We have other countries to learn from.
Countries like;
1. Libya
2. Liberia
3. Sudan
4. Iraq
5. etc

IN THE HISTORY OF REVOLUTIONS, NONE HAS BEEN DONE BY A WEALTHY SOCIETY. WETHER FRANCE OR ENGLAND. REVOLUTION HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE IN TIME POINT WHERE THE OPPRESSED WERE NO LONGER WILLING TO COOPERATE WITH THEIR OPPRESSORS.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 26, 2020
ecolime:

No peace for everyone unless you get machine gun for house. No one, Rich or Poor, is safe during anarchy. Don't be fooled!

BTW, Wealthy folks were able to jet out of the country during the unrest while the rest of us were stucked in the shithole. Also, they can recover all their losses with just a single loot. Can we the masses recover same?
they jetted out of the country but did they jet their household properties with them?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by amazingspiderma: 10:09am On Oct 26, 2020
chaloskyx:
OGA THE ONLY THING THEY WOULD DO NOW IS SURLY GET A 2ND CITIZENSHIP O. THATS THE ONLY THING THEY HAVE LEARED FROM THIS JUST WATCH BY 2023 HOW MANY RICH PPL WOULD JET OUT OF THIS COUNTRY AND LEAVE US TO KILL OURSELVES. THANK GOD ME SEF AM NOT DUMB BY NXT YEAR I WOULD ALSO GET A SECOND COUNTRY. MY ADVISE TO YOU ALL DO THE SAME DONT BE CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STORM WHEN CHAOS OCCURS IN 2023

NOT EVERYONE HAS THAT LUXURY, IF THOSE PEOPLE HAD ALL THOSE OPTIONS, THEY WOULDN'T BE ON THE STREETS.
IF THEY HAD A MONTHLY UNEMPLOYMENT WALFARE ALLOWANCE OF #10,000, THEY WOULDN'T.
IF MOST OF THE YOUTH HAD EMPLOYMENTS, THEY WOULDN'T BE ON TWITTER COMPLAINING.
ENJOY YOUR PREVILAGES, WHILE OTHER FIGHT FOR THEIRS.
SOMEONE AT SOME POINT PAID A PRICE FOR YOU TO HAVE OPTIONS.
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by ASKQUESTIONS(m): 10:09am On Oct 26, 2020
ecolime:

No peace for everyone unless you get machine gun for house. No one, Rich or Poor, is safe during anarchy. Don't be fooled!

BTW, Wealthy folks were able to jet out of the country during the unrest while the rest of us were stucked in the shithole. Also, they can recover all their losses with just a single loot. Can we the masses recover same?

So because you’re scared the rest of us should remain enslaved to these looting machineries called politicians? The people attacking the politicians saw you before going for the politicians so that should tell you that nobody is coming to take the penny that you have so rest your mind. If what you called anarchy is what it will take to recover this country from these criminal politicians then so be it.....As long as you’re not a politician or there well known associates/machinery, you have nothing to fear for because Nigerians are not a thief, they only want what was taken from them illegally back at all cost....

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by Wrecxman(m): 10:12am On Oct 26, 2020
Davash222:

I can sacrifice my next girlfriend's two breasts to see this happen.

Village People Network (VPN) hereby approves your request.

Your next girlfriend shall have two pimples (even smaller than lemons) for breasts cool

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by ipica: 10:31am On Oct 26, 2020
haslaw:
THE PROGRESSION OF WAR, FAMINE AND DEATH.

I really hope all these people cheering what is going on presently in Nigeria understands the trend of war..
It is always a trend.. From Libya to Syria to Yemen to CAR to Somalia to Liberia to Sierra Leone to Ivory Coast to Rwanda.. It is always the same way, the same trend and stages..

Here are the stages:

PLOT 1... People rise up to protest.

PLOT 2... The Government repressed protesters. Soldiers fired live ammunition into crowd killing protesters.

PLOT 3... Mob retaliated and burnt down government and political leader's assumed assets.

PLOT 4... Army and police withdrew due to international pressure to guard their own barracks only.

PLOT 5. The mob went after assets and houses of prominent political leaders. Then politicians fled abroad with their families.

PLOT 6... The mob went after assets and lives of the middle class or anyone that has semblance of wealth or comfort..
Estate housing and other middle class were attacked.
Then it degenerated to the lower classes, it became a full scale crime wave, robbery, looting, rape, murder etc.
it became the survival of the fittest.
Remember no more police or army to protect them.

PLOT 7... Full scale war as opportunists with group interests and ego took over, competing over interests and end up tearing the country apart.

PLOT 8... People flee their homes. Became refugees as they flee the country in thousands and millions to become beggars in neighbouring and other countries. Many died to famine and diseases.

PLOT 9... This is no more the 1960s.. The internal wars will be a reoccurring decima with no uniting force -
People's children and young men will be recruited as child soldiers.. The old and feeble will be killed and the women raped and eventually killed when deemed of no use.
Remember the Libya scenario.

I hope we are all praying.
All those houses, possessions families and loved ones could disappear in a twinkle of an eye.
Those people abroad blowing the flames of violence will remain abroad eating Kentucky fried chicken in U.S, UK etc. and UN will turn a blind eye, except for a few UN peace keepers kept in one expensive hotel - Remember hotel Rwanda.

What we all need is prayer, not only for Nigeria, but for yourself and your families..
The name Nigeria may disappear and we all bear our family names..
The Billions, Millions or Thousands of Naira in the bank will be more worthless than toilet roll..

AS AT THE WRITING OF THIS ON 21/10/20... WE ARE PRESENTLY AT STAGE 5 IN NIGERIA NOW... IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO END IT.

SAY NO TO ANARCHY
SAY NO TO VIOLENCE
SAY NO TO LOOTING
SAY NOT TO BURNING
SAY NO TO ANYTHING THAT DOES NOT PROMOTE PEACE.

Share this.. it may just help to change someone's mind to embrace peace
As much as you are correct, you must understand that plot 1 is senseless looting by politicians. If plot 1 is stopped, the others will naturally fizzle away. You dehumanised a human till he is taking away a used toilet haba
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by chaloskyx: 10:47am On Oct 26, 2020
WELL TRUE THAT IS WHY PEOPLE MARRY FOREIGNERS OR RELOCATE TO OTHER NEGBOURING AFRICAN COUNTRIES
amazingspiderma:

NOT EVERYONE HAS THAT LUXURY, IF THOSE PEOPLE HAD ALL THOSE OPTIONS, THEY WOULDN'T BE ON THE STREETS.
IF THEY HAD A MONTHLY UNEMPLOYMENT WALFARE ALLOWANCE OF #10,000, THEY WOULDN'T.
IF MOST OF THE YOUTH HAD EMPLOYMENTS, THEY WOULDN'T BE ON TWITTER COMPLAINING.
ENJOY YOUR PREVILAGES, WHILE OTHER FIGHT FOR THEIRS.
SOMEONE AT SOME POINT PAID A PRICE FOR YOU TO HAVE OPTIONS.
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by Attih(m): 10:47am On Oct 26, 2020
starbuck:
I know of a presidential aide who deactivated her account undecided undecided

Lass lass, No peace for the wicked

We move

We move for real, no time to waste.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by JokeAdeleke: 10:47am On Oct 26, 2020
I'm pleased to invite you to join my content writing team. Yes, I'm recruiting an elite team of content writers and together we're going to be involved in " writing articles remotely " as part of a bigger business model. Each writer on board the team earns 1 Million Naira at the end of our working partnership together.

Here are the perks of this opportunity :

* You get to work remotely and build wealth

* You work from the confines of your home

* You gain skills that enables you make consistent income even after our working partnership

* You earn excellent remuneration at the end of your tenure that could be channeled into personal engagements

* You learn on the project

I'm inviting you on-board to join me on this project. If you're interested, send me a message
To the Whatsapp contact on the signature

Thank you...
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by dasparrow: 10:51am On Oct 26, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Most of the attackers and looters are jealous and lazy people.

Watch out. They are coming for you next. The rich must be consumed by the poor!
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by Jahwinaboy(m): 11:35am On Oct 26, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Most of the attackers and looters are jealous and lazy people.
You that is not lazy will one day reap the handwork of these lazy people. These are same people trying to send lots of signals to politicians that one day is for them. Every country is lazy but the conscious efforts put in place by their government makes them hardworking and smart. Give an average Nigerian work whether he will not do the work. Advanced countries pay per hour but Nigeria owes u months of salaries and pension after working all months. Next time check facts
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by igwe18(m): 11:45am On Oct 26, 2020
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by Magmata: 12:33pm On Oct 26, 2020
Wise men don't build high concrete fences,
Wise men don't buy bullet proof cars,
Wise men don't accumulate materials,
Wise men don't require body guards,
Wise men hardly lock their doors,
They have nothing to hide,
Their real wealth is beyond looting,
Their presence anywhere brings tranquility,
Their lifestyle doesn't arouse negative jealousy.

They belong to all tribes and families,
They don't see their ability to make wealth as a means to control or dominate or oppress,
They are simple and moderate.

Wise men build people not walls,
They gather people not material wealths,
They are symbol of moderation and simplicity,
They're immuned from the web of greediness.

Wise men don't lead; their disposition do,
A 12x12 room is too big for a wise man,
A wardrobe full of cloths is a burden,
He has no need for two cars or estate in all states.

Wall can stop angry beasts but not angry people.
Please, let's build each other; it's more secure than building fence.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 26, 2020
PraiselyPraise:
Good for them. People have woken up. Time to vomit at least part of what they've been swallowing all the years/decades.

Note: I'm not in anyway in support of people attacking private properties of those who have no link to government.

95% of people with business are tied to govt legally or illegally. Nigeria operates a black economy. Bank will not give you sensible loan but sugar daddies and mummies will. So just say people should stop looting.

Bank interest rates need to be lower and process for getting loan should be easier even if it is micro finance so people can feel they have vested interest. If not any small problem they will loot because what do they have to lose really?

This is a wake up call for all of us. When we demand change just be remembering that we will all have to change.
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 26, 2020
Jahwinaboy:
You that is not lazy will one day reap the handwork of these lazy people. These are same people trying to send lots of signals to politicians that one day is for them. Every country is lazy but the conscious efforts put in place by their government makes them hardworking and smart. Give an average Nigerian work whether he will not do the work. Advanced countries pay per hour but Nigeria owes u months of salaries and pension after working all months. Next time check facts

As an employer of people let me tell you that Nigerians like short cut. Don’t let social media deceive you we are one of the poorest countries in the world. When you employ a Nigerian all they are looking for is how to “be sharp” this sharpness is dishonesty and theft and the bane of all business structures.

I cannot tell you the amount of people male and female, from every tribe and religion that end up doing something so dishonest even though we try to pay over market rate for the positions they hold. They don’t want to work just mark register and go home so what is the purpose of their employment?

Nigerians should just go back to village and farm and eat let us all rest. Govt should concentrate on security so they can do so.
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by Nasir123(m): 2:15pm On Oct 26, 2020
ecolime:

These are the kind of Sermon you people use in destroying this Nation. Because you don chop abi!?
Come here dey talk plenty!

The Country rather burn to ashes than to continue living under you people.

Useless people
Useless government
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by Charly68: 2:27pm On Oct 26, 2020
Very useless elites,let them face the problem they created for themselves ..they must not destroy our democracy in any form. As far as their peace and security is concerned,they have mortgaged it through their greed
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by Peace2love: 2:29pm On Oct 26, 2020
With all due respect we should stop addressing this people as hoodlums. The hunger is too much. People lost their job and source of livelihood cause of Covid-19 and well to do citizens and organizations provided palliatives and instead of distributing it to the masses they kept it in warehouse. Though I don't support the break and entry but the hunger is unbearable to some.
What the gain if those item expires there?
Are the palliatives suppose to be stored?
Re: EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting by hegelian: 4:25pm On Oct 26, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/fear-grips-politicians-wealthy-nigerians-over-unabated-looting/

most of us dont even know what is coming for us in 5 to years if nothing is done urgently about jobless youth and our decayed educational system creating dysfunctional families everywhere....kids of between 8yrs and 15yrs will soon matured in their millions and with nothing for them, most of the leaders and the innocent ones will be chopped raw....any observant person can see this easily

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Attributes Low Turnout Of Voters To Outcome Of Presidential Election / My Cabinet Will Be Based On Merit And National Spread- Buhari / Naira Crisis: Emefiele Discloses Why Currency Redesign Policy Is Failing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.