Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting (18665 Views)

Peter Obi Returns From Egypt, Youths Take Selfie With Him At Abuja Airport / Youths Take Peter Obi's Presidential Campaign To Beer Parlour (Video) / Akwa Ibom Youths Storm Hotel To Arrest Imported Thugs Ahead Of Elections. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by Blackmoran(m): 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2020
amNIGERIA:

Permanent solution are listed below, or second wave is coming
realistically this can't happen in our lifetime, maybe the next 2 generation
Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by MoneyTrees(m): 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2020
Another pvssy ass niggarrr people grin grin
Even with the lessons from the protests, you still went ahead to lick em politicians asses too quickly cheesy cheesy

Just seeing ya post, I made a quick call, the Monday Eyoh in this ya meeting shared #85k per ward

Is this the kind of youth you guys are?
When will you cease from praise singing to criticize and direct ya leaders

#EndSARS showed you the power in saying No and making demands, yet you were quick to succumb to ass licking so quickly. grin cheesy grin

Y'all dumb
Ask your Former Lawmaker to empower you not share 85k per ward or las las, he should buy 10 iPhone's for 10 niggarz and get a real niggarrr to coach em to bomb all night after smoking 2 Jumbo sized Mali kush....

Be wise@OP
SAY NO TO MEDIOCRITY

#AkwaIbom_ayaya

Adverts247:
...As Fmr Lawmaker Mobilizes Uyo Youths to Secure Investments in the City

Youth leaders across Akwa Ibom State have risen to reciprocate efforts of government in preventing further looting in Uyo, the state capital after the violent #Endsars protest there and in surrounding cities.

This follows appeals to youths for calm by the state governor, Mr. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel, in his statewide broadcast after widespread looting and burning of public and private property in Uyo and other parts of the state by criminals within the ranks of protesters.

Convener of the Uyo Youth meeting, Hon. Monday Eyoh, who is the Chairman of Local Government Service Commission in Akwa Ibom State, said it is crucial to call all youth representatives from the 14 wards making up Uyo Local Government Area, to analyse the situation and brainstorm on ways to protect property and investments in the state capital against hoodlums.

The meeting which held on Sunday, had in attendance Dr. Uwemedimo Udo, the Peoples Democratic Party flagbearer for the coming Uyo Local Government chairmanship race; Akparawa Prince Emmanuel Sam, Special Assistant to the Governor on Local Media, political stalwarts including Hon. Tony Asikpo, Hon. Kufre Mendie, Hon. Idongesit Okponsak, Hon. Nsikak Udoekong, Hon. Ifiok Akpan, Hon. Stella Okpon, all Councillors in the LGA, all supervisors in the LGA, and youth leaders from the 14 wards in the LGA and others.

In his remarks, Eyoh, who served as the Member Representing Uyo State Constituency in the sixth Assembly, thanked youth for responding despite such a short notice.

He said the violence that erupted following the #Endsars protest and subsequent destruction of private and public property were unfortunate and condemnable.

The former lawmaker, while commending the Nigeria Police Force for quickly swinging into action to recovery of stolen property, noted that from information available to him there is no single indigene of Uyo among those so far arrested.

He thanked the youths of Uyo for exercising restriant during the violence and for assisting the Police recover items looted from business concerns in the state capital. He however noted that youths won't close their eyes while investments in the metropolis get plundered.

"We can't close our eyes as aliens put knives to our necks. We are here to discuss how to prevent a recurrence of such violent and barbaric acts of arson and looting of businesses because if violence continues and we are pushed out of our homes where will we go?

"I'm urging perpetrators of these widespread acts of violence to put an end to this hooliganism. We will not allow people come to raze down private and public property in Uyo". He warned.

In addition, Hon. Eyoh informed youths that Governor Emmanuel has announced various job opportunities through interministerial direct labour projects and commended the state chief executive for reconsidering the case of stopping salaries of those whose appointments were deemed illegal.

"I wish to inform you that these category of workers have been reinstated therefore starting from November 1, about 200 of them will be recalled and then by January 1, 2023 another 200 will start work".

Also speaking, Dr. Uwemedimo Udo, the Peoples Democratic Party flagbearer for the coming Uyo Local Government chairmanship race, recalled that what happened in Uyo that fateful Thursday was very unfortunate and a serious dent on the image of Uyo as a peaceful city.

He stressed that indigenes of Uyo were the ones who would bear most of the brunt of any form of violence in the state capital since they are the landlords as such it was needful to protect Uyo from criminals masquerading as protesters.

He further pointed out that choatic and violent environment is toxic to investment and investors will avoid them.

"If you check the Akwa Ibom Broadcasting Corporation AKBC administrative office and other buildings razed down or destroyed that fateful Thursday, it may belong to Uyo indigenes. We are encouraging investors to Uyo but they won't come in an atmosphere of chaos and violence", he cautioned.

He commended Monday Eyoh for the idea of the meeting and thanked Governor Udom Emmanuel for announcing several jobs for youths in the state while pledging that when he assumes office, his adminstration will be youth friendly, one and will put in effort to provide needed skills for youths of Uyo in preparation for countless employment opportunities that government investments in oil and gas free trade zone and Ibom Deep seaport will bring.

In his vote of thanks, the Special Assistant to the Governor on Local Media, Akparawa (Prince) Emmanuel Sam, commended the youths for such a massive turnout despite the short notice of the meeting.

He thanked his boss, Governor Udom Emmanuel, for setting a template to keep the state on a peaceful and progressive path, noting that his timely response to the crisis by imposing a curfew and addressing the state helped a great deal in quelling the carnage and giving hope to a state that was so traumatized by the violent attacks.

Sam, commended Hon. Monday Eyoh for his spontaneity in initiating a process to sustain the peace that Uyo is known for and for always putting the interest of the people first.

He used the opportunity to thank the youths for rising up to defend investments in the city, saying these investments have provided jobs to indigenes and that inorder to encourage more investors to invest in the city, there must be concerted efforts to ensure the safety of their investments.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by MoneyTrees(m): 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2020
The politicians suppress em youths when em niggarrr people like @OP em people run easily to succumb to em politicians just for a piece of bread

Who's Monday Eyoh & how many local business does he have to employ the youths
Or is he an expert @ sharing TP per ward
grin

AkwaIbom_Youths need to find back em voices and ask for better demands not em mediocre reasoning for their mouths only

updatechange:
The youths in Nigeria plays the highest role in this country... It so sad that the government always find their way to suppress the voice of the people and also the media.
I read about "Ali must go" and saw how Nigeria police and soldiers killed unarmed student protesters.
All theses are atrocities that they commit and sweep under the carpet.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by Heavensent01(m): 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
Becareful Good people out there.
Be very careful in the next few days and weeks to come...

what's happening in the next few weeks and days to come, why the ambiguous warning?
Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by MoneyTrees(m): 4:24pm On Oct 26, 2020
You're a real niggarrr grin

People like @Op were given 5k-10k to handle Media stunts
Celebrating mediocrity cheesy

punisha:
grin

Staying in akwa ibom for years made me realize how unstable their men are.
The women are the men and the men r just cowards.
I can comfortably say that if they have truly caught the looters then most of them, if not 100% will be akwa ibom boys n men. They can deny it all they want

But for a group of people who have a knack for easy money and hate hard work, Have an entitled sense of belonging too. If u don't assist them especially when it comes to money, they see u and never greet u.
They feel money grows on trees.
An akwa ibom woman carries pans and blocks on construction sites, do all d hard work she can possibly do and the men basically do nothing even if u give them free jobs. They will quit after a month or two outta laziness for no reason. They love sunday's where they get to wear overstached white shirts and walk like peacocks.

What ever this is about will backfire when everyone doesn't get their share of 5k Udom shared to them (they can sell their birthright for lesser amounts)

The people love peace entirely and don't even need any plenty talks. So I'm still wondering if they r going to give them arms to do this work of the Lord.
Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by Boydehot: 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2020
punisha:

Staying in akwa ibom for years made me realize how unstable their men are.
The women are the men and the men r just cowards.
I can comfortably say that if they have truly caught the looters then most of them, if not 100% will be akwa ibom boys n men. They can deny it all they want

But for a group of people who have a knack for easy money and hate hard work, Have an entitled sense of belonging too. If u don't assist them especially in money matters they stop greeting u.
They feel money grow on trees.
An akwa ibom woman carries pans and blocks on construction sites, do all d hard work she can possibly do and the men basically do nothing even if u give them free jobs. They will quit after a month or two outta laziness for no reason. They love sunday's where they get to wear overstached white shirts and walk like peacocks.

What ever this is about will backfire when everyone doesn't get their share of 5k Udom shared to them (they can sell their birthright for lesser amounts)

I'm hearing it's 80k shared per ward.

The people love peace entirely and don't even need any plenty talks. So I'm still wondering if they r going to give them arms to do this work of the Lord.
Oga go borrow sense you no gree.
Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by Confirmedzombie: 4:33pm On Oct 26, 2020
No single indigene of uyo among those arrested so far.

I will keep saying it that Igbos are responsible for the looting across the states of the federation.

Igbos doing what they know best. Armed robberry na Igbos
Scam na Igbos
Fraud na Igbos, Drugs dealers na Igbos, kidnapping na dem.

What a shame.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by CHIMAOBICCU(m): 4:33pm On Oct 26, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
Very Good one.....
were are u from
Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by omenka(m): 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2020
....and that was how a noble course was ran aground by idiots.

It will take another decade for us to galvanize the people into such movement again.
Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by BigBashiru: 4:59pm On Oct 26, 2020
Royalfurnitures:
One way to present reoccurence of such incidents is for our leaders to return all stolen funds, provide jobs for unemployed youths, develope our roads,hospital,schools, and stop being greedy and wicked

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you

Stop being wicked is the most important one! It's the driving force for everything else incl hospitals etc

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by Omoslim26: 5:05pm On Oct 26, 2020
Everybody is saying we cannot allow outsiders come and burn our states even my state too Imo said we cannot allow outsiders come and loot and destroy property

Is it dat we have invasion from Mars or mercury abeg who are dis outsiders?

These are indigenous people who have taken the toll of chaos and violence to Express a long term frustration poverty joblessness and misrepresentation by the so called elites of the sociopolitical system

Even if we must condemn this barbaric act we should not outplay the fact dat the Leaders and political elites who have failed wholefully to create a workable system for these youth had dis coming a long time ago but chose to put the fish in a closed can and continue with their spree of looting

God help us
Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by eeetuk(m): 5:06pm On Oct 26, 2020
“The former lawmaker, while commending the Nigeria Police Force for quickly swinging into action to recovery of stolen property, noted that from information available to him there is no single indigene of Uyo among those so far arrested.”

You know I missed years when Victor Attah was the governor of Akwa Ibom State from 1999-2007. Back then, no criminal would have vandalized any part of Akwa Ibom State and not pay dearly for it.

He was that tough in my view.

Today, we have Udom Emmanuel—the state governor, and who in my view lacks leadership skills Akwa Ibom State needs to be respected, running Akwa Ibom state to the ground.

We have the state lawmaker—admitted that those who vandalized the state are not citizens of Akwa Ibom State.

He (the lawmaker) thanks the police in the state for moving fast to stop the looters.
The question I want to ask is: did the police arrest these looters?

I want them paraded on the street of Uyo and set on fire. After that, I want their ashes taken to their states of origin for good. No more, no less.

The ongoing looting and destruction of Akwa Ibom State by these hooligans were premeditated. Furthermore, it is borne out of jealousy—aimed at destroying Akwa Ibom State.

Former governor of Akwa Ibom state, Mr. Victor Attah predicted years ago that people would be jealous of the state when all the developments he started are completed. The truth to that prediction is now confirmed.

In a million years, I never thought Akwa Ibom state would be vandalized.

Finally, I want the state governor to go on television and ask all the looters to turn themselves in or face serious consequences. And if they fail, the state police should round them up for jail. No negotion, please.

Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by html14java(f): 5:23pm On Oct 26, 2020
Good that's how it's done. Other cities should follow suit. See how this town did theirs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r0Vc812WoA

Even Enugu had to start cleaning up the Streets the next day. See their videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yQQ2WdIjG4

We alone (The Youths) can stop the unrest by ourselves
Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by Emoney08: 5:38pm On Oct 26, 2020
oh
Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by peppermint7(m): 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2020
mathkid:
grin

Well I am a Graphics design quite alot of things... check my signature for more info

Thanks smiley
You are a graphics design. Wonderful
Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by mathkid(m): 6:59pm On Oct 26, 2020
peppermint7:

You are a graphics design. Wonderful

Lol typo! grin
Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by sharpwriter(m): 10:50pm On Oct 30, 2020
MoneyTrees:
The politicians suppress em youths when em niggarrr people like @OP em people run easily to succumb to em politicians just for a piece of bread

grin

AkwaIbom_Youths need to find back em voices and ask for better demands not em mediocre reasoning for their mouths only

Bros. I have been giving you PM for sometime now. Please check it out. Thanks.
Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by sharpwriter(m): 12:15am On Nov 02, 2020
MoneyTrees:

grin

I have replied your mail bros. please check it out.
Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by sharpwriter(m): 12:02am On Nov 05, 2020
MoneyTrees:

grin

Bros. please check mail. Thanks.
Re: EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Youths Take Steps To Forestall Further Violence, Looting by sharpwriter(m): 5:49pm On Dec 01, 2020
MoneyTrees:
You're a real niggarrr grin

People like @Op were given 5k-10k to handle Media stunts
Celebrating mediocrity cheesy

Bros. Na wa o; why you no reply my mails nah?

(1) (2) (Reply)

John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections / Uzodinma: Why Security Operatives Raided, Burnt Shops at Eke-Ututu Market / Jonathan Makes 5 Appointments In Education Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.