Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! (4576 Views)

My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise / Speak Correct English: All Toothpaste is not Maclean / Why Is It Wrong To Press Your Toothpaste From The Middle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by honeywood: 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2008
A newly wedded couple started quarreling on the second day of their marriage during their honeymoon.The couple wanted to have their bath together,so the wife picked the paste to brush her teeth,and pressed the paste from the middle,so the man was angry at why his wife will do that, because he came from where u can only press the paste from the bottom and in no time it degenerated into serious argument, and within a week the marriage broke up.how much can you tolerate your partner.
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by ima1(f): 6:30am On Sep 26, 2008
get two toothpaste, i use a different one from my husband so i press mine anyhow i like, if you don't like it, you have ur own. but this is a stupid excuse to get a divorce
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by timbabng(m): 8:29am On Sep 26, 2008
over a toothpaste?
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by Godalone(m): 8:47am On Sep 26, 2008
Ordinary toothpaste that is less than N200,na wa o.
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by TPS360: 9:36am On Sep 26, 2008
if toothpaste can break a marriage within a week. I wonder what a joint account would have done,
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by titilaelae(f): 12:29pm On Sep 26, 2008
It's not the toothpaste that broke the marriage. It was one/all of these: "Eedi/Efun", "Asasi/Aransi", "Epe/Egun", Spirit Husband/Wife. If the story was true, then something else must dey inside. Unless no be for this Afirikashocked shocked shocked
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by rubi(f): 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2008
I have seen couples broke up because of a cup of tea. Marriage is not for immature people. Like my pastor will say for eg If your husband mistakenly or angrily call you a prostitute which is not ideal instead of you to go about arguing and rationalizing the statement just tell him I am the only prostitute who has one customer and don't get paid very very well and that customer is you. Couples should learn to season their words it is very very important in marriage/relationship

1 Like

Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by honeywood: 11:52am On Sep 27, 2008
A lot of broken marriages this day came with a stupid excuses, but the thing is majority of husbands are boys, and marriage is not for boys but for matured men and women who can tolerate themselves.How do u explain a similar situation where a couple were eating together and the wife took a piece of meat to eat and the man was mad at her for eating meat because he was trained that you cannot eat meat in between food until you've finished the food,and so this led to a fracas and the marriage got broken up because the husband couldnt tolerate his wife.THESE STORIES ARE TRUE LIFE EXPERIENCE,PLS LEARN FROM IT.

1 Like

Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by jennykadri: 3:07pm On Sep 27, 2008
toothpaste?just "cos of" toothpaste?

i think they should both be stoned to death
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by tpia: 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2008
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by sosodat: 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2008
Low Tolerance and their Big Ego's broke the marriage!

Better they broke up early enough
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by ashleign: 3:24am On Oct 03, 2008
This is a Joke.right wink
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by switosman(m): 7:16am On Oct 03, 2008
Honeywood please stop this joke, be more realistic, you are not speaking to children. couples can argue on simple toothpaste, meat even whichside of bed to sleep but not to breakup a marriage. come up with better situational stories you hear,
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by honeywood: 8:45am On Oct 03, 2008
This is no joke at all, it is a true life story of some people, you better believe it and take a lesson from it, this is how far intolerance can destroy people's life,may it never be your portion in Jesus name.
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by sokoto: 10:43pm On Oct 03, 2008
this is why boys shd what d way they talk to girls and girls shd what there actions towards boys
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by carmelily: 9:53am On Oct 07, 2008
This story is an old one that has been told over and over again. No one knows if it actually happened. The meat story too. Heard it a million times.

The moral of the story is people camouflage their feelings and unwittingly let go over minor issues. The problems in these hypothetical (?) situations weren't meat or toothpaste. There were more deep-rooted issues unresolved hitherto. By the way, didn't the meat man ever have a meal with his wife before they were married?

honeywood:

marriage is not for boys but for matured men and women who can tolerate themselves.

who can tolerate themselves? i think what you mean is each other
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by desthan(m): 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2008
hhaa Honeymoon, abi Hollywood, or whatever you call yourself, all in the name of ''i must write too'' whic kind story be this? I fear o lipsrsealed
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by yam: 11:10am On Dec 17, 2008
toothpaste is not te cause of the breakbreak incase the story is true, there is more to it than the eyes can tell.

Even the company denies it.

Our mouths as gateway to life are used to eat, drink, talk, laugh, smile and kiss. For over 30 years, Close up has helped people taste life to the full, providing products that are clinically proven to protect and enhance their oral health.

The oral care category
Unilever Nigeria stepped into the oral care market in 1975, with a range of products designed to help you feel good and get more out of life. Among our Close up range of toothpastes and toothbrushes, there is something targeted to satisfying the need of every consumer.

This is one of the reasons why Close up has a strong bond with consumers and remains the brand of choice for the oral health needs of all.

Close up Red Gel toothpaste
This is the flagship toothpaste for the Close up range. It was first introduced in the Nigerian market in 1975 and ever since then it has paved the way in bringing radical new exciting mixes, which continually delight consumers and set the pace in the market place.

Close up Red Gel toothpaste is well known for giving consumers the freshest breath which allows you to open up to the world and live life to the fullest. It is available in a number of pack sizes to suit every pocket. There is the 125ml family size, the 50ml large size, the 25ml standard size and the 10ml sachet.

Its key benefits are:
Long lasting freshest breath
Strong , healthy teeth and gums
Shiny white teeth
All this gives you the confidence to open up to the world and live your life to the fullest.

Close up popular toothbrush
The popular Close up toothbrush was introduced in 2003 in response to the consumers need for a toothbrush that really cleans and is totally reliable. It was specially designed and packaged to achieve this need at an affordable price. It is available in four attractive colours: red, blue, green and yellow.

Its key benefits are:
A small head that can reach back of mouth
Bristles that are strong enough to clean thoroughly yet remain gentle on the gums
Close up Extended Protection toothpaste
Close up Extended Protection toothpaste is the newest addition to the Close up range. We recognize that eating habits of the family are changing. These days many families eat outside the home a lot more than in the past and in doing so, eat a lot of sweet sticky foods. These sweet sticky foods can get stuck in between the teeth eventually leading to tooth decay, etc.

We know mothers worry a lot about this happening to their children, especially since moms cannot always be there to monitor what their children eat. This new red and white-stripped toothpaste which we call Close up Extended Protection toothpaste was developed specially in response to this worry which mothers have. It is available in the big 100ml pack size.

Its key benefits are:
12 hours protection between brushing
Fights the effects of sweet sticky food that sticks in between the teeth
Close up freshness
Close up expert toothbrush
We all know the irritating feeling of having food residue stuck in between our teeth, especially when they are in hard to reach places. If these same food residues are not removed, they will eventually rot leading to tooth decay and very bad breath.

Close up expert toothbrush was introduced alongside Close up Extended Protection toothpaste to remove food residues that are stuck in-between the teeth leaving our mouths clean, fresh and protected. As its name suggests, Close Up expert toothbrush is an expert at cleaning and can even remove up to 99% of certain food resides that are stuck in the mouth. It is available in four exciting colours: red, green, dark blue and light blue.

Its key benefits are:
Expert removal of food residues stuck in between the teeth due to its unique crossed bristles
Three-angled neck to allow reach deep into the mouth
A small head to reach all areas of the mouth and clean around every corner of the tooth.

Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by Moyola(f): 11:18am On Dec 17, 2008
toothpaste?!! shocked. . . . undecided
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by alfchye(m): 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2008
na craze dey worry postor, why them go quarel o ver common tooth paste 120.
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by Tgirl4real(f): 3:41pm On Dec 17, 2008
@post

so funny grin grin grin
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 17, 2008
It's not the toothpaste.

The dude married her for a reason. . . .
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by WesleyanA(f): 3:26am On Dec 18, 2008
lol @ your story.

Honeywood.
is that a combo of honeymoon and hollywood?
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by chisomquee: 4:54pm On Dec 18, 2008
wonders shall never end
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by bababuff(m): 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2008
See o! who be this "yam" wey dey advertise Close Up for here?

Close Up na toothpaste? Where you informed that the toothpaste that caused the wahala is Close Up?

Thank God this is not my thread, I for cut you into pieces and make "dundun" out of you.  grin grin grin

Or pound you to what Egusi soup will cling to after I mold you for my right hand.  grin cool
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by tpia: 5:35pm On Dec 18, 2008
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by bababuff(m): 6:55pm On Dec 18, 2008
@tpia,

Why are you following me around now? angry angry angry

For your [size=16pt]information[/size] [size=22pt]I don marry O! with kids[/size]
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by tpia: 7:12pm On Dec 18, 2008
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by slimfine(f): 7:12am On Dec 19, 2008
Na wa for WAEC
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by bababuff(m): 3:39pm On Dec 19, 2008
tpia:

you wife and kids have my sympathy. undecided

They don't need any sympathy from you. I am sure you don't have any, and you probably won't, for the rest of your miserable life. tongue tongue tongue

Please stop stalking me. angry angry
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by tpia: 5:33pm On Dec 19, 2008
Re: How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! by romeo(m): 2:18pm On Dec 20, 2008
Every time dis one dey quarell!! haba! No staples please cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? / Stop Your Family From Changing PHCN Cutout Manually! Get Automatic Phase Changer / Would You/do You Raise Your Sons And Daughter The Same Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.