Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,080 members, 7,814,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues (10540 Views)

Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses / SEC, NNPC, Top List Of Agencies Stealing Billions Of Federal Revenues - Report / Facebook Rakes In $1.6 Billion In First Half 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by txh(m): 3:02pm On Mar 10, 2011
I like Glo better. grin
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Stellawah: 3:03pm On Mar 10, 2011
Have you visited www.ccsponline.net?
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by foyeks2001(f): 3:10pm On Mar 10, 2011
ayusman16:

Rather than complain, lets just change network, There is tiwa tiwa (glo) network oo.

wat do u want me to do, wen have been using my number for d past 7years now, though just got a glo line sha
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by niceone3(m): 3:18pm On Mar 10, 2011
so MTN is worth over $10b really SMH
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by twity(f): 3:19pm On Mar 10, 2011
Me I am looking at this thing from another angle o, it means there is good business to be made here in naija so why would people leave here to go all over the world including Libya and Spain where Nigerians are treated as second class citizens? Anyway, people should be  prosecuted in Nitel and PHCN and indeed all those government parastatals that are not working. What are they doing wrong? why cant they manage governement owned businesses as well as private businesses eh? I dey vex o. MTN weldone jare, afterall, una no come Naija come look bridge but abeg eh, invest some of those monies in your infrastructure and Nigerians una hear? Iya Ijebu has spoken her own!  grin
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 10, 2011
[size=15pt]The sad thing about this is most of these moneys goes back to south Africa and we expect Nigeria to develop if we don't patronize our own who will reinvest the profits back into our economy. So long for the incredible Nigerian mentality.[/size]
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Fulanee: 3:34pm On Mar 10, 2011
YOUR LIFE, YOUR CHOICE, if u aint ok wit MTN, change to other networks and shut up!
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by hilli666(m): 3:45pm On Mar 10, 2011
Yes we all dey vex! The question is what are we going to do about it? Again nothing. We are like women who repeatedly get phucked over, we yell and complain and yell about how bad the man is treating us, but when he comes again we will lie down and open leg. Abeg they should keep choping our money next year they should report thrice the amount. We are nothing but bunch of cowards.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by wesan123(m): 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2011
Hello guys, I feel the same way about this outrageous profit but what can we do?
They paid $285 Million for the license - Where is that money now? What infrastucture has the 'pdp' govt put in place with it? This company has no single property in this country where the bulk of their profit comes from.
Now I suggest we ALL register our Lines, and wait for the new style NCC wants to come out with: with their new style, you could Migrate to ANY network of your choice RETAINING THE SAME NUMBER, eg you have a registered number 0803XXXXXXX and you want to migrate to Glo, u can do this still maintaining your 0803XXXXXXX on a Glo network.

Secondly, Vote for who you can defend!
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by bigfather(m): 4:16pm On Mar 10, 2011
Fulanee:

YOUR LIFE, YOUR CHOICE, if u aint ok wit MTN, change to other networks and shut up!

Abeg help me tell them o !

But we should appreciate that fact that they even came all out to declare their profit. How many times has the so called indigenous network come to bare out their profit ?
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by johnjoel(m): 4:29pm On Mar 10, 2011
good for them
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by agabaI23(m): 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2011
And how much is the profit in there?
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by ayusman16(m): 4:35pm On Mar 10, 2011
wesan123:

Hello guys, I feel the same way about this outrageous profit but what can we do?
They paid $285 Million for the license - Where is that money now? What infrastucture has the 'pdp' govt put in place with it? This company has no single property in this country where the bulk of their profit comes from.
Now I suggest we ALL register our Lines, and wait for the new style NCC wants to come out with: with their new style, you could Migrate to ANY network of your choice RETAINING THE SAME NUMBER, eg you have a registered number 0803XXXXXXX and you want to migrate to Glo, u can do this still maintaining your 0803XXXXXXX on a Glo network.

Secondly, Vote for who you can defend!

Is this some kind of solidarity? You are on OYO, I have the right to choose my own network as long as it serves me. Why not channel your grieviance to the government to ensure that Power is stable or that our roads are fixed? MTN is not a charity organisation; hence they are not here to dash groundnut. Do u realise that there are Nigerians shareholders and workers in MTN? Do you realise what development their MTN foundation has done? They recently pumped 2.6b into NFF. What has your Nigeria company contributed?
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by hilli666(m): 4:48pm On Mar 10, 2011
big father:

Abeg help me tell them o !

But we should appreciate that fact that they even came all out to declare their profit. How many times has the so called indigenous network come to bare out their profit ?

In most civilized countries this is the rule not the exception. Why should we appreciate the fact they released their financial report? It is a publicly traded company, and annual report are consistent with the requirements of federal government. No publicly help company should be exempt. How do you not know this?? My issue is with the height tariffs not the fact that they are making profit. What have they done with regards to FDI Foreign Direct investment, civic engagement, collaborative partnerships? Are they any education, agricultural, environmental, sustainability subsidies sponsored in whole or in part by MTN Most corporations making such profit would have all these and more as part of a broader global strategy. When it come to Nigeria it seems no body cares, yet we are paying twice as much for less. Forgive me for being upset.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by twity(f): 4:57pm On Mar 10, 2011
ebami sofun wan @ ayusman16, like I said earlier, they did not come here to look bridge and I was reading in the Punch newspaper only recently, how MTN saved a 9 year old girl with fistula condition so tell me guys, how much of the 25% of our revenue being spent by our so-called honourables in the National Assembly has gone for any humanitarian project? awo ole, eja gboran jare. Its simple, if you have a very good business model, you will make good profit even when our so called government officials spend 25% of our money on ariya repete. Tell me if all the telecoms company today pack their load and leave what will become of our economy? what will become of entreprenuers, recharge card sellers etc

Its a matter of choice. If you no like one network, move to another chikena!
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Guyman02: 5:33pm On Mar 10, 2011
Kai!! Imagine repatriating N749 Billion from Nigeria to South Africa. NCC just turns the other way while this guys rip off the Nigerian average subscribers with dropped calls and poor quality service without compensation.
The organize dubious promos and lotteries hoodwinking gullible mugus and smiling to the bank of South Africa angry angry angry. They tell us its because we run our base stations on generator thats why we cant reduce our tariff and every year they declare huge profits.
They tried so hard to prevent Globacom from entering the market after ensuring that MTEL collapses.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by edeani: 5:36pm On Mar 10, 2011
this mtn guys are just selling poor services to us at exorbitant prices, when will glo step up its game abeg
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by lma(m): 6:22pm On Mar 10, 2011
As much as I agree wit all the critics as par high traiff, wiring all the profits back to SA and all the likes but have we ever sat down to analyse the so called MTN as a business identity.

i. how many of the so-called nigerian companies is providing business opportunities for nigerian banks as much as mtn in terms of interest from loans and amount of deposit, remember how banks are jostling to be part of one the largest syndicate loan in Africa to a business organisation? instead we prefer to approach Chase Manhatan as wetin be the name and d likes for funds and keep it in our family bank.

ii. Why are the so-called nigerian companies not wise enough to raise such funds to build the largest network spaning from cities to hinterlands providing opportunities for everybody to be able to communicate no matter how epiletic the service might be.

iii. How savvy is these nigerian companies in business management to be able to source for funds, build the infrastructure, set margins for profit, employ and empower some of the best hands who are nigerians, manage them well with little or no favouritism and see the benjamins rolling in.

iv. Have you ever wonder what kind of business man will always rush and reduce the charges of his services based on competitor's (who must have done a prudent analysis base on their margins) reducing its own.

v. Where are the G, foundation, Econe./Vodac, /Vmob, /celt, /Za, /Air, foundation, Mte. foundation, just take time to see what MTN foundation has done/doing/will do.

Vi. Is GLO and others more nigerian dan MTN; what is the ratio of foreigners-to-nigerians working in these companies and occupying managerial  positions in both companies; how many nigerians has shares in GLO n others meanwhile 24% of  MTN is ownered by nigerians including ordinary employees.

vii. Yéllo, have you ever wonder how an employee earning the same amount as salary over the past five years without hope of increment will contribute meaningfully to the well being of its organisation compare to one who knows that his package will be reviewed up at a specific time and day every year with the fact that the more d company makes d more his/her bonus largess and the increment  

viii. Above all, who says these nigerian companies are not making that much but are we transparent and honest enuf to declare our profit as the sacrificial lamb does year in year out.

Please, dont mind me oh but I feel we sud think a little deeper, tomorrow when you own a business with a market advantage, try and crash your charges overnite to match a new industry entrant out with low market penetration charges with demographic segmented market target and see how fast u will start conducting census for bridges in Lagos to your village.

Abi you think say after many years as second class citizens in their own land, dem go dey mess up like we nigerians!!!

Plenty angles to this matter but I dey remove for now.

Yala bye.

One more thing, Southy people no dey too go school ooo like us but they are here raking all the buck, guyz will need to sit up and face reality.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Blazay(m): 6:23pm On Mar 10, 2011
All to gossip!
No light, no road, no water, toilets, no schools, no hospitals.

Chei! Chei! Chei! cry
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 10, 2011
I wonder why you guys like developing gray hair. I use mtn to receive calls, etisalat and visaphone to make my calls. And for the data services, l use etisalat 15 mb and mtn-symbian-casts planz.

The mtn plan is fr33 and U.N.L.I.M.I.T.E.D ON PC AND NOKIA MOBILE PHONES. I Download what l want (793Mb downloads since monday), Chat with frendz, update my Facebook and surf as l like. F.R.E.E, UNRESTRICTED. Thank God for MTN FREE DATA PLANS ON Casts JAVA Applications and PC.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by enomakos(m): 6:29pm On Mar 10, 2011
ayusman16:

My bro. The thing tire.

They complain of exploitation and yet continue using the network. Dem put gun for una head?

i tire oooooo
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by ziccoit: 7:23pm On Mar 10, 2011
ayusman16:

Is this some kind of solidarity? You are on OYO,  I have the right to choose my own network as long as it serves me. Why not channel your grieviance to the government to ensure that Power is stable or that our roads are fixed? MTN is not a charity organisation; hence they are not here to dash groundnut. Do u realise that there are Nigerians shareholders and workers in MTN? Do you realise what development their MTN foundation has done? They recently pumped 2.6b into NFF. What has your Nigeria company contributed?

What is the meaning of all these? We are talking of MTN extorting the subscribers you are mentioning what few priviledged ones are enjoying. Come, MTN needs to do what each and every Nigerian would benefit from. What a man in a remote village in the thick Nigerian Forest would feel not you the priviledged ones.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by rman: 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2011
lma:

As much as I agree wit all the critics as par high traiff, wiring all the profits back to SA and all the likes but have we ever sat down to analyse the so called MTN as a business identity.

i. how many of the so-called nigerian companies is providing business opportunities for nigerian banks as much as mtn in terms of interest from loans and amount of deposit, remember how banks are jostling to be part of one the largest syndicate loan in Africa to a business organisation? instead we prefer to approach Chase Manhatan as wetin be the name and d likes for funds and keep it in our family bank.

ii. Why are the so-called nigerian companies not wise enough to raise such funds to build the largest network spaning from cities to hinterlands providing opportunities for everybody to be able to communicate no matter how epiletic the service might be.

iii. How savvy is these nigerian companies in business management to be able to source for funds, build the infrastructure, set margins for profit, employ and empower some of the best hands who are nigerians, manage them well with little or no favouritism and see the benjamins rolling in.

iv. Have you ever wonder what kind of business man will always rush and reduce the charges of his services based on competitor's (who must have done a prudent analysis base on their margins) reducing its own.

v. Where are the G, foundation, Econe./Vodac, /Vmob, /celt, /Za, /Air, foundation, Mte. foundation, just take time to see what MTN foundation has done/doing/will do.

Vi. Is GLO and others more nigerian dan MTN; what is the ratio of foreigners-to-nigerians working in these companies and occupying managerial  positions in both companies; how many nigerians has shares in GLO n others meanwhile 24% of  MTN is ownered by nigerians including ordinary employees.

vii. Yéllo, have you ever wonder how an employee earning the same amount as salary over the past five years without hope of increment will contribute meaningfully to the well being of its organisation compare to one who knows that his package will be reviewed up at a specific time and day every year with the fact that the more d company makes d more his/her bonus largess and the increment  

viii. Above all, who says these nigerian companies are not making that much but are we transparent and honest enuf to declare our profit as the sacrificial lamb does year in year out.

Please, dont mind me oh but I feel we sud think a little deeper, tomorrow when you own a business with a market advantage, try and crash your charges overnite to match a new industry entrant out with low market penetration charges with demographic segmented market target and see how fast u will start conducting census for bridges in Lagos to your village.

Abi you think say after many years as second class citizens in their own land, dem go dey mess up like we nigerians!!!

Plenty angles to this matter but I dey remove for now.

Yala bye.

One more thing, Southy people no dey too go school ooo like us but they are here raking all the buck, guyz will need to sit up and face reality.
If I may add, the profits may look outrageous but we all are looking at MTN because of the service they render,Telecomunicatios, which most people have redused to talk alone. The business of telecomunication is more than that and I have stated earlier that MTN competiors approaching the market by competing through price alone will soon go out of business. MTN have painstakingliny built the largets network in Nigeria and others will have to seriously invest in infastructure to catch up, not by price reduction to entice people, when you dont even have the coverage to compete.
They also offer the best working conditions and if you are an insider you will know what happened to a lot of people at Airtel when Bharti took over.
MTN has realy touched a lot of lives and none of the telecomunication company's have made the kind of positive impact they have made on the Nigerian economy.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by member479760: 9:35pm On Mar 10, 2011
This is the advantage of having large population (150m), big market.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by MAYOWAAK: 10:11pm On Mar 10, 2011
nice.one:

so MTN is worth over $10b really SMH

What does that mean?=SMH
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by mrofficial(m): 10:29pm On Mar 10, 2011
^^ Shaking My Head.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by MAYOWAAK: 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2011
mr.official:

^^ Shaking My Head.

Thanks
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Omeibuo: 11:09pm On Mar 10, 2011
if only Nigerians are served the way we should, then nobody will be complaining.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Expert Says Inflation Is Out Of Cbn’s Control / Airtel CUG / Naira Falls To ₦‎1,200/$ In Parallel Market, Gains 11% In NAFEM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.