Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,080 members, 7,814,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues (10540 Views)

Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses / SEC, NNPC, Top List Of Agencies Stealing Billions Of Federal Revenues - Report / Facebook Rakes In $1.6 Billion In First Half 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by gbengress1: 12:50am On Mar 11, 2011
They organised scholarship exam, promised 2 give 500 students scholarship result with their names in d newspaper and on d website.No result of successful candidates was released, only 2be told dat 238 students(of unknown identity) have been arbitrarily selected in d sub-news of d national dalies.
What a shame with their huge revenue
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by metsey: 1:09am On Mar 11, 2011
all NITEL staff, directors and former minister of communication should be ashamed of them self grin grin grin. Just imaging that a foreign company invaded the country and snatch their business from their very eye. NEPA brace urself up another company is coming to show u hw profitable it is to do business in Nigeria
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by DisGuy: 1:17am On Mar 11, 2011
gbengress1:

They organised scholarship exam, promised 2 give 500 students scholarship result with their names in d newspaper and on d website.No result of successful candidates was released, only 2be told dat 238 students(of unknown identity) have been arbitrarily selected in d sub-news of d national dalies.
What a shame with their huge revenue

Tell you reps to sign the freedom of Information bill so you can get access to the names and method of choosing the winners

Why are Nigerian telcos not listed on the NSE so nigerians can benefit?

How much is Glo making in Ghana/Benin? are they investing their profits back in Ghana or cashing it in naija?

When MTN was investing and doing the hard work, nigeria companies were probably doing the only marketing strategy they know best- PROMOOOOOO you don win ooo

with the the PhD, MBA carriers in our overeducated society SA companies come dey hammer us with our 'real giant of african slogan'

hey atleast there is Ghana we can bully the little countries  grin
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Antiscam1: 7:28am On Mar 11, 2011
I would rather be exploited by GLO that is a nigerian!
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by ayusman16(m): 7:50am On Mar 11, 2011
It is no news that MTN paid 130billion in tax. What we should be asking is what did the govt do with the money?
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Bawss1(m): 9:05am On Mar 11, 2011
Stop all this MTN hating. IF you guys don't like them don't use them.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Tokotaya: 9:59am On Mar 11, 2011
;DThese arguments are all so funny. People whose spouses, siblings, uncles, nieces, boyfriend, girlfriend etc work for MTN or do contracts for MTN, naturally find this news cheery. On the other hand, people who applied for jobs and were not taken, those who applied for MTN scholarship and were not selected, people with faulty Fastlinks and others who feel hard done by by all GSM operators are bursting their artery. Very interesting arguments.
I choose to look at the wider implications of this news if true. What are the wider implications of GSM companies doing well in Nigeria? It can only mean well for us. The same Businessday recently published that the telecom sector is now contributing about 7 percent of Nigeria's GDP from probably 0.01 when NITEL held sway. That can only happen because the GSM operators are doing well. Imagine the reverse. With the exception of Glo that likes 419 and often has its offices shut down for not remitting taxes, these operators are largely generous contributors to the state coffers. We should actually cheer this news, if it is true.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Ayoobscom(m): 10:18am On Mar 11, 2011
The Nigerian Telecom regulatory body should be blamed for allowing MTN leaking our economy in a way of capital repatriation to South Africa to their own decore at the expense of good taxes,social responsibilities and re-investments they should have done here on soil where they have turned to farm-

And we are still bearing this cut-throat tariffs for god sake, i'm fed up-wea are sold out
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by leMuhito(f): 10:31am On Mar 11, 2011
Good news. How I wish,
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Tokotaya: 10:36am On Mar 11, 2011
Ayoobscom:

The Nigerian Telecom regulatory body should be blamed for allowing MTN leaking our economy in a way of capital repatriation to South Africa to their own decore at the expense of good taxes,social responsibilities and re-investments they should have done here on soil where they have turned to farm-

And we are still bearing this cut-throat tariffs for god sake, i'm fed up-wea are sold out
Bros, wetin you dey yarn, na? U need to do some reading. Whatever else may be their sins, it is not that they are not re-investing in Nigeria. They are are actually investing more in Nigeria than everybody else. You cant have the biggest network in Nigeria if you are not investing like hell. And in terms of CSR, they are doing more than everybody else in that sector. I hear of MTN Foundation doing one thing or the other for the less privileged every day. What is Glo doing, apart from taking 10 customers to Man U game once a couple of times a year?. This is in the press this morning. Read up.
http://www.compassnewspaper.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2081:-mtn-earmarks-1b-for-growth-expansion-in-nigeria&catid=37:general-news&Itemid=607
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Bawss1(m): 11:50am On Mar 11, 2011
It is sad that people would rather have a company that is contributing much to the Nigerian economy run at a loss and still expect good service from them. Obviously many of the people here speak out of spite.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 11, 2011
I am suggesting we boycot MTN Network in protest for 2days 20th and 21st march 2011, but an allowance of not more than 3minutes call total for emergency or urgent calls. Pls lets join hands together to stop this rip-off. In india/malaysia u get to call all network for an equivalent of N2/min, and these countries too have their infrastructure challenges. Imagine still callin mtn to mtn at N30/min. Our govt has failed us, its time to act.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by MaiSuya(m): 12:42pm On Mar 11, 2011
ayusman16:

It is no news that MTN paid 130billion [/b]in tax. What we should be asking is what did the govt do with the money?

where did you get this from?

Bawss1:

It is sad that people would rather have a company that is contributing much to the Nigerian economy run at a loss and still expect good service from them. Obviously many of the people here speak out of spite.

This (below) is your idea of ''contributing much to the Nigerian economy?'' angry angry

Nigerian analysts have called on MTN to list its Nigerian operations on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).

In 2008, MTN Nigeria did a private placement in which it sold 5.96% of its stakes for $594.50 million in a private placement exercise which the MTN Group says gave Nigerian individuals and institutions a [b]9.45%
stakes in MTN Nigeria and reduced the Group’s stake to 76.08%.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by COMPAQ(m): 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2011
valacious:

I am suggesting we boycot MTN Network in protest for 2days 20th and 21st march 2011, but an allowance of not more than 3minutes call total for emergency or urgent calls. Pls lets join hands together to stop this rip-off. In india/malaysia u get to call all network for an equivalent of N2/min, and these countries too have their infrastructure challenges. Imagine still callin mtn to mtn at N30/min. Our govt has failed us, its time to act.

Which Malaysia has infrastructural challenges!!! I have been there and Kuala Lumpur is as cosmopolitan as London. Remember that the Petronas twin towers - once the tallest buildings in the world- are in Kuala Lumpur.

Anyway hate them or not. MTN is the most technologically advanced of the telco's and they know it. They know that even with their higher rates, because they deliver the best voice and data, no one will leave them!!
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by shayman(m): 2:07pm On Mar 11, 2011
Lets see where their 'technology' gets them in few months when number portability comes, then they can keep on being arrogant and see who follows them mtscheew
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Cyborg2011: 3:12pm On Mar 11, 2011
For those who still blaming nitel, for not taking advantage in the first place before mtn, i don't see a reason to do so, because I really believed that there is hug conspiracy behind its total failure and sabotage from some individuals who wanted to invest in mtn, some key peoples in the countries and of course some politicians, who now sit down and enjoy the big interest from mtn.

This will never happened forever specially when number portability is put in place, switching to glo, etisalat or rel tel without changing your number.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Kayman3(m): 3:42pm On Mar 11, 2011
Start somthing today,
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by mma199: 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2011
Kunle you mean Shot not Sacked i presume![color=#990000][/color]
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by andyprez(m): 11:01pm On Mar 11, 2011
boi c moni, Hmmmm, I no fit shout
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by century100: 12:56pm On Mar 12, 2011
thats mtn for you
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:12pm On Mar 12, 2011
mccheew, shicken change. na im una dey yarn?. e for be 1.5 trillion sef. our target next year na 2 trillion, and maga must pay naaa
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by porka: 1:22am On Mar 13, 2011
This is the kind of results people get when they emancipate themselves from mental slavery of eternal complaint, whinning and blaming and start to take responsibiity. While Nigerians keep complaining about electricity, Southys come and invested in the uncertainty and now reaping huge profits. Very soon, they'll come and invest in electricity, provide the needed megawatts while we most certainly will keep complaining of how sinful their profit is. In Nigeria numbers don't matter except when they carry currency signs.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by viruz007(m): 7:21am On Mar 13, 2011
wen r they goin public with their shares and abeg dem get vacancy for customer care service attendant and a power inspector i.e d guy who wil monitor their diesel consumption rate and air conditioners and d general lighting? Make i follow chop for insyd d money.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Eemah(m): 1:02pm On Mar 13, 2011
With these kind of profit they r telling me to come and regista magic numba wit 250 when etisalat dat doesn't make dat much gives me free airtime to talk to my magic numba & data bundle for FREE. Oh what a miserly company.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Stellawah: 2:57pm On Mar 14, 2011
Just to let you know!!! Your career is most important.

CCSP Nigeria is organizing some mind blowing seminars on different Career boasting topics during the coming Easter holidays. These workshops are exclusively designed to show you how you can take your career from hell to your dreamland in no time.

Call 08064835757, email: customerservice@ccsponline.net, website: www.ccsponline.net; Visit & Ikorodu road, Maryland, Lagos

The first time we had this seminar the feedback and success stories we got from participants were simply mind blowing. That was early in 2010. It was not up to 3weeks later when most of our participants landed either a promotion or new Jobs. The feedback that encouraged us most was when one of our participants decided to become an entrepreneur. It worked out so easily and he could not even believe it himself. We only help him to discover his true potentials. Normally, each of this training cost 25000 Naira but for this special holiday promo, we have decided to make this seminar exclusively cheap to cost you just 10,000 Naira only. This is a once off opportunity for you.

If you have not attended this seminar, you simply have not explored a 1% of what you can achieve in life. So this is a great opportunity to get the 99% knowledge you need to move your career forward.

1) How to turn interviews into Job offers: Training Date: April 22, 2011. Cost 10,000 Naira Only.
i) Have you attended several interviews and recorded no success?
ii) Remember how difficult it is or was to secure just an interview opportunity!
iii) The agony of waiting for feedback after interviews!
iv) The stress of securing an interview opportunity!
v) The cost wasting interview opportunities, some people travel just for interviews!

It is your responsibility after to learn the fastest and easiest ways to secure interviews and ensure you get the Job. Even if you are currently working and desire to move ahead in your career, it’s time for you to wake up and take ownership of your career. We are at your door step today….Just one little leap, you will get a Giant career Leap. In life Wisdom is all you need to be very successful.

2) Building a wining Career attitude: Training Date: April 23, 2011. Cost 10,000 Naira Only.
i) How long have you been on your current role?
ii) Do you desire to move up to the next level?
iii) Are you surprise your peers have all left you behind?
iv) Have you been looking for someone who can help you discover your potentials?

3) Starting up my personal business: Training Date: April 25, 2011. Cost 10,000 Naira Only.
i) Most of our trainees needed to go through our self discovery drill to discover their strength
ii) Have you identified your purpose
iii) Have you match your strength to a Human need
iv) Do you have the feeling you are not meant to work for others
v) Are you scared to start something
vi) Are you looking for best ways to start?

4) Customer Service for Job Seekers Training Date: April 30, 2011. Cost 10,000 Naira Only.
 Understanding the concepts and theories and principles behind customer service
 Understanding the customer service industry
 Responsibilities in customer service
 Introduction to call centers
 Building your CV for a customer service role
 Career paths in customer service
 Attending customer service interviews
 How to source for Jobs in customer service industry
 Core skills for customer service professionals

This seminar will bring out the best in you, and believe it or not change your life drastically in the nearest future. You can’t be the same after this seminar otherwise something may be wrong. If you do nothing to attend this training we won’t be surprise, but ensure you stop complaining or feeling frustrated. Accept the fact that you have decided not to improve your situation.

Contact: Customerservice@ccsponline.net, 08064835757, 018105046/7, www.ccsponline.net, Visit 7 ikorodu Road, Maryland, Lagos
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Bawss1(m): 11:56am On Mar 15, 2011
Mai Suya:

where did you get this from?

This (below) is your idea of ''contributing much to the Nigerian economy?'' angry angry

Apparently you limit your understanding of the phrase 'contributing to the Nigerian economy' to the aspect of equity stakes. You fail to consider areas that are affected directly and indirectly as a result of MTN's business operations (employment, scholarships, grants etc). However the 9.45% you quoted still translates to a lot in real terms i.e. finances.

In all I take it that you'd rather that MTN suffers a loss because you don't like the company? Again that is a weird position to take if you have the interest of the economical growth of Nigeria at heart.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by Tokotaya: 1:07pm On Mar 15, 2011
Bawss1:

Apparently you limit your understanding of the phrase 'contributing to the Nigerian economy' to the aspect of equity stakes. You fail to consider areas that are affected directly and indirectly as a result of MTN's business operations (employment, scholarships, grants etc). However the 9.45% you quoted still translates to a lot in real terms i.e. finances.

In all I take it that you'd rather that MTN suffers a loss because you don't like the company? Again that is a weird position to take if you have the interest of the economical growth of Nigeria at heart.

Valid point. An economy doing well is actually a summation of many corporates doing well. Value is created and jobs are generated. Loans are easily taken from banks and repaid with interest. Taxes are paid, and if these are used well, everybody will be happy. The only sad thing right now is that the taxes dont exactly work for the people. That actually should be the concern of all.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by ibelab(m): 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2011
umh! see wetin una do me,
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by emmabowin(m): 10:53pm On Mar 16, 2011
i know mtn even before they set up the company.they are bunch of thieves taking nigeria's money outside.it's such a shame.
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by daragrams(m): 3:28am On Mar 17, 2011
MTN is a bad company, they are to greedy, anyway i really dont use them again except to receive call from old time associates
Re: Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues by phelim: 11:00pm On Sep 18, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Expert Says Inflation Is Out Of Cbn’s Control / Airtel CUG / Naira Falls To ₦‎1,200/$ In Parallel Market, Gains 11% In NAFEM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.